PDA

View Full Version : Should I vote?

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Should I vote?

I live in Demark, Europe, yet I have dual citizenships...but I don't have residence over dere!!? I have no plans to move to America. I do care about my second country.

Is it ok, for me, to vote in the upcoming election?

It has become easy now, for outside Americans in DK to vote but I've never voted before as I've lived 80% of my life in Denmark.

No, it's not about who I'd vote for and don't question my integrity either

Be serious - and thanx in advance!

sheepshead
09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
yes

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
It's up to you. It sounds like you have the right to vote. It's up to you whether you want to use that right or not.

Freak Out
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
If you can vote then hell yes. Always.

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
The serious honest answer I would give you from the point of view of what's good for the country in general is YES if your vote is for McCain, NO if your vote is for Obama. That may sound like sarcasm, but it's not. In reality, one vote is, of course, extremely unlikely to make a difference.

As for your own point of view, a self-interest thing, there is no downside whatsoever except the time it takes to do it for voting. If it makes you feel even a little bit fulfilled or whatever, go for it.

No offense, but why even ask this?

retailguy
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I've never missed an election since I turned 18 and never will. I even vote in the special school board elections. Once I was the only one to show up at the polling place besides the election workers.

Why would anyone question your integrity for exercising your right to vote?

Hell yes, you should vote. And, I don't think it matters who you vote for.

Zool
09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Voting for the sake of voting doesnt make sense to me. If you feel strongly about one candidate or the other then by all means you should be voting. It's definitely OK to vote no matter your latitude and longitude.

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Voting for the sake of voting doesnt make sense to me. If you feel strongly about one candidate or the other then by all means you should be voting. It's definitely OK to vote no matter your latitude and longitude.

Good point Zool but I wouldn't vote for the sake of voting.

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I've never missed an election since I turned 18 and never will. I even vote in the special school board elections. Once I was the only one to show up at the polling place besides the election workers.

Why would anyone question your integrity for exercising your right to vote?

Hell yes, you should vote. And, I don't think it matters who you vote for.

Thanx a bunch, retail! I think Texaspackerbacker just Q'd my integrity :!:

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
The serious honest answer I would give you from the point of view of what's good for the country in general is YES if your vote is for McCain, NO if your vote is for Obama. That may sound like sarcasm, but it's not. In reality, one vote is, of course, extremely unlikely to make a difference.

As for your own point of view, a self-interest thing, there is no downside whatsoever except the time it takes to do it for voting. If it makes you feel even a little bit fulfilled or whatever, go for it.

Thanx, in a way!

I will vote but it's my vote Tex - ok!?

mmmdk
09-15-2008, 06:09 PM
It's up to you. It sounds like you have the right to vote. It's up to you whether you want to use that right or not.

I discovered the possibility post US Pres. election 2004. Democrats & Republicans rallied through the media in some Danish talk-show 2004 - voting went from bureaucratic to doable. In '04 some 200 voted Kerry, about 10 for Bush. About the same will happen in 2008 - that's my guess yet I think more will vote (in DK).

Jimx29
09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I can't vote so you can have my unused vote too :P

MJZiggy
09-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I can't vote so you can have my unused vote too :P

Felon? Or you can't figure out the new e-voting booths??

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM

Thanx, in a way!

I will vote but it's my vote Tex - ok!?

No problem. I'm still wondering why you brought up the question in the first place.

MadtownPacker
09-15-2008, 09:21 PM
You asked so you are gonna get mad at the answer.

Fuck no you shouldn't vote!! You dont live here and dont plan to so you should have no say so with what happens to this nation.

This is not against you personally MMMDK this is my general thought on this.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM

Fuck no you shouldn't vote!! You dont live here and dont plan to so you should have no say so with what happens to this nation.

I actually agree with you. But he's a Packer fan, so is probably a worthy voter.

retailguy
09-15-2008, 11:08 PM

I actually agree with you. But he's a Packer fan, so is probably a worthy voter.

He's a CITIZEN. Sorry I don't get this....

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:10 PM

Well, he asked for an opinion - not necessarily an informed opinion. Mad's answer was my first reaction too.

bobblehead
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM

I'm with mad...he doesn't live here and our president won't affect him. Now if there is some reason that this election will affect your life then by all means vote. But if you are simply exercising your opinion and right, then you are affecting others lives unfairly.

mmmdk
09-16-2008, 05:17 AM

I'm cool. That's was the dilemma. Not anymore!

mmmdk
09-16-2008, 05:24 AM

I'm with mad...he doesn't live here and our president won't affect him. Now if there is some reason that this election will affect your life then by all means vote. But if you are simply exercising your opinion and right, then you are affecting others lives unfairly.

THE DAGGER :lol: The US Pres hugely affects my life. Our government is chummy with Bushy - and will be with any new US Pres.

Germany & America are our two most important trade partners.

Denmark had troops for years in Bashra; now moved to Afghanistan. We've lost 8 soldeiers the past year in Afghanistan - that's a lot for a small country. The fight in Afghanistan is the legit military action; get your ass out of Iraq before damage done gets worse!

Did you guys even know Denmark have & has had troops from the get go?

I can and will vote! Citizenship can't be denied. Lastly, I do still have family in Arizona & California. I have a dream to live in the US again when my daughter has grown up.

Thanx for all input & no hard feelings from cozy DK. :D

mmmdk
09-16-2008, 05:25 AM

Just saw this - funny! :lol:

MadtownPacker
09-16-2008, 10:18 AM

THE DAGGER :lol: The US Pres hugely affects my life. Our government is chummy with Bushy - and will be with any new US Pres.

Denmark had troops for years in Bashra; now moved to Afghanistan. We've lost 8 soldeiers the past year in Afghanistan - that's a lot for a small country. The fight in Afghanistan is the legit military action; get your ass out of Iraq before damage done gets worse!

I can and will vote! Citizenship can't be denied. Lastly, I do still have family in Arizona & California. I have a dream to live in the US again when my daughter has grown up.

Thanx for all input & no hard feelings from cozy DK. :DThats bullshit response and makes me wonder why you even bothered asking. Sounds like you already had your mind made up and just want to rub it in.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2008, 12:12 PM
if you consider yourself an American citizen then you should vote.

You should vote for Obama, I understand his picture will be on the Euro in the next printing.

mmmdk
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM

Thanx for all input & no hard feelings from cozy DK. :DThats bullshit response and makes me wonder why you even bothered asking. Sounds like you already had your mind made up and just want to rub it in.

No BS - it's all in your head, Mad. Had I written those facts & that I was leaning 60% - 40% in favor of voting; I would have been blasted for that stance.

I can still change my mind, again, that's my prerogative. The law gives me the right (to vote) yet I only got a stronger feeling towards voting - no more oil kings & war lords in the White House. That doesn't make such a voting option a good option - that's still the dilemma.

Odd thought: maybe the whole world should vote, especially South America, for a US Pres? The US affect the world - for better and worse. At least for now, as no one power has been forevermore.

mmmdk
09-16-2008, 12:42 PM
if you consider yourself an American citizen then you should vote.

You should vote for Obama, I understand his picture will be on the Euro in the next printing.

Funny :lol:

All democrats since JFK have been the fave of Euroland; it doesn't always go that way though.