PDA

View Full Version : Play Of The Game Week 2 - Grabbing Back Momemtum

Joemailman
09-15-2008, 09:16 PM
This is the slant to Jennings that went for 60 yards to set up the Packers go ahead field goal in the 4th quarter. To me it was very reminiscent of the slant he took for a winning touchdown last year against San Diego. Jennings has truly become one of the premier big play receivers in the league.

http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/graphic.asp?graphic=http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/sep08/play14.jpg

channtheman
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I really liked how cool, calm, and collect Rodgers was after we got down by a point. He didn't freak out and just maneuvered a great drive that probably should have been a touchdown but I think BJack dropped a pass that would have given us first and goal.

I know it was only a point, but to see Rodgers unfazed was great.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Even when under pressure, he showed a knack for avoiding the rush and making a play. Very impressive.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
donald seems to be the odd man out as jones seems to be a favorite target of rodgers also.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
donald seems to be the odd man out as jones seems to be a favorite target of rodgers also.

Donald led the team in receptions yesterday, and had a TD.

Lurker64
09-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Driver's the slot guy, he gets most of the tough underneath stuff that goes for 7-8 yards and is key to converting first downs. He's not going to have as many big plays as Jennings or Jones because of what they have him doing.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-15-2008, 10:44 PM

I wouldn't say that, but DD was the go to guy for favre when things got tough so that tended to give him more receptions.

He no longer has that position.

gbgary
09-15-2008, 10:55 PM

i know he got the td but didn't realize he led in receptions. :roll: geesh my bad. it just seems like it's jennings and jones.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2008, 11:00 PM

i know he got the td but didn't realize he led in receptions. :roll: geesh my bad. it just seems like it's jennings and jones.

It's not your bad. It felt that way to me too. Then I looked at the box score and saw the 7 receptions, and wondered how the hell that happened.

mission
09-15-2008, 11:03 PM

It's not your bad. It felt that way to me too. Then I looked at the box score and saw the 7 receptions, and wondered how the hell that happened.

Dropping two passes and ending up with 7 instead of 9 ? :oops:

boiga
09-15-2008, 11:05 PM

We've had eight different players scoring our TD's so far this season. When you have that many threats, you'll have to expect that our number 1 guy will get reduced touches.

Noodle
09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Seriously, this is weekly "play of the game" breakdown is the best thing the MJS does. It is just fascinating to see how the play breaks down, how little mistakes by the defense can result in huge plays, and how well coordinated everything has to work for a play to break.

I wish there were a lot more reporting like this instead of the emphasis on gossip and "how does it feel" interviews.

Bossman641
09-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Seriously, this is weekly "play of the game" breakdown is the best thing the MJS does. It is just fascinating to see how the play breaks down, how little mistakes by the defense can result in huge plays, and how well coordinated everything has to work for a play to break.

I wish there were a lot more reporting like this instead of the emphasis on gossip and "how does it feel" interviews.

Agreed 100%. This is one of my favorite things they do

BF4MVP
09-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Very interesting. It's nice to be able to get an in-depth look at how the play worked..

I agree the Play of the Game graphic is pretty awesome. 8-)