PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Injuries

Lurker64
09-16-2008, 01:54 AM
I think we're all pretty well-informed about Packers injuries, but what's the injury situation for our opponents this week?

I know Roy Williams broke his forearm in the Monday Night game, so there's no way he's playing this week, and I also think Jason Witten separated his shoulder in this game, but came back to play.

Any other key injuries these guys might have? Hopefully they hold out anybody that's borderline against us like we held out anybody who's borderline against them last year.

mission
09-16-2008, 02:05 AM
A few years back that Williams injury would have worried got me excited (from a competitive standpoint) but now I'm not so sure. He seems like more of a liability but it still out there for his leadership and all of that.

Pat Watkins is listed as his backup on the depth chart:
Patrick Watkins is an athletic, instinctive safety from Florida State who has displayed good range and a nose for the ball in his first two seasons. He is a strong contributor on special teams as he continues to establish himself in the defensive secondary rotation.

Had 13 INTs at FSU for his career so he can find the ball... had a pick last year in limited duty. Special teams monster.

run pMc
09-16-2008, 08:22 AM
I thought the book on Williams was that he couldn't cover but was a helluva run stopper. Not sure his injury helps a lot; they also have Hamlin back there. Watkins is like 6-5 or something, so he's like Rouse.

The Witten injury is more interesting to me...he tears up a lot of LB's and S's. I think Poppinga would struggle covering him.

Either way, GB will have their hands full with DAL. Both teams know it's an game with implications that will be important later in the season.

gbgary
09-16-2008, 12:03 PM
williams was getting killed in pass coverage so they've taken him off the field on passing downs. he hardly played in the first game with cleveland. grant ran past him a couple of times last year in the dallas game. i don't think he'll be with dallas next year. whitten got a mild separation (just like emmit's a few years ago) but didn't make a meal of it like emmit did. fans down here acted like emmit's arm was about to fall off. whitten will be there no question.

pbmax
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Williams is out 3-4 weeks.