PDA

View Full Version : Hollis Thomas

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
This seems like an answer to our prayers. A big, run stuffing DT that would provide great depth for our DL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Injured-DT-Thomas-receiving-interest;_ylt=AisZVasZgchaEqdnJMPrU.ZDubYF?urn=nfl ,107892

I know not to get my hopes up though.

Bossman641
09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Saw the same thing earlier and thought the same thing. What was the severity of his injury?

Tony Oday
09-16-2008, 10:05 AM
I think we did this before with a former saints player and it worked well ;)

Joemailman
09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Sounds like he'd be ready to come back about the time the Packers are hoping Harrell will be back. I don't see anything happening here.

pbmax
09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't trust the listed weights, so is he the big run stuffing DT (read: closer to 400 lbs than 300) in the mold of Grady Jackson and Ryan Pickett?

Or is he more in the mold (closer to 350 lbs than 300) of Jolly and Corey Williams?

This seems like an answer to our prayers. A big, run stuffing DT that would provide great depth for our DL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Injured-DT-Thomas-receiving-interest;_ylt=AisZVasZgchaEqdnJMPrU.ZDubYF?urn=nfl ,107892

I know not to get my hopes up though.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
He's in the mold of Grady Jackson and Ryan Pickett.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Sounds like he'd be ready to come back about the time the Packers are hoping Harrell will be back. I don't see anything happening here.

1) Harrell may or may not be back.
2) I think Cole has a limited ceiling, so I'd take Thomas (when healthy) over Cole--despite the age difference.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2008, 05:22 PM

1) Harrell may or may not be back.
2) I think Cole has a limited ceiling, so I'd take Thomas (when healthy) over Cole--despite the age difference.

Is there any downside to picking this guy up? We've got plenty of cap space. He won't be stealing reps from Harrell.

Unless he's a complete stiff, I think I'd make the move.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Is there any downside to picking this guy up? We've got plenty of cap space. He won't be stealing reps from Harrell.

I don't think so, but he won't be back for several weeks. Some other team might be willing to carry him on their roster--while Green Bay may not be willing. Also, there appear to be several teams interested, so he may have a preference to go elsewhere.

boiga
09-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Unless he's a complete stiff, I think I'd make the move. A lot of that cap space will be heading towards resigning our guys. I'd be surprised if we didn't spend nearly all of it on convincing Jennings to re-sign a year early and reward Rodgers for the steady transition.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM

I don't think so, but he won't be back for several weeks. Some other team might be willing to carry him on their roster--while Green Bay may not be willing. Also, there appear to be several teams interested, so he may have a preference to go elsewhere.

Who are the current candidates for release - to create the roster spot?

boiga
09-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Giacomini has to be considered on the bubble. He's not likely to contribute this year and no one would try to steal him off the practice squad.

AV David
09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Who are the current candidates for release - to create the roster spot?

Mike Montgomery?

boiga
09-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Mike Montgomery? How Montgomery? He's had 4 tackles in two games backing up KGB on passing downs. He's been looking pretty good so far this year as a reliable backup.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Montgomery has looked fine this year, and he can move inside. I'd say the rookie OL--now that they are close to healthy. Perhaps Bush or Peprah.