PDA

View Full Version : Vikings QB Conspiracy

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
This is funny.

http://thevikingage.com/2008/09/16/another-conspiracy/

BallHawk
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
LOL at the people that think he's serious.

pbmax
09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
They might have a point, both humorous and straight. I read the PFT blurb about Garcia and thought the same thing. But this is similar to the USFL lawsuit where the jury found the NFL guilty of being and acting like a monopoly, and then fined them one dollar ($3 after trebling under anti-trust laws). You can't expect your competitors to be in a hurry to make themselves look bad by helping you.

On the plus side, Al Davis doesn't remember who Jon Gruden is, but he is ready to sue the NFL on general principle.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Look at what the Vikings spent on off season acquisitions this year - both in salary and in picks. They could have gotten a QB. But they thought they had one. They screwed up. If there's a conspiracy to stop the Vikings, it's confined to Chilly's brain.

pbmax
09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Its odd Chilly makes the same mistake as the Bears (at least for a season). He has seen Championship level QBs. Hard to believe he thought he saw that in Tavaris given how limited their passing game has been. To be fair, they did open it up a little in the 2nd half vs. the Packers. But the result of that was an INT.

I suppose the Bears could be forgiven for a year of Grossman, since he did ride along with them to the Super Bowl. But its was foolish not to try and improve.

Look at what the Vikings spent on off season acquisitions this year - both in salary and in picks. They could have gotten a QB. But they thought they had one. They screwed up. If there's a conspiracy to stop the Vikings, it's confined to Chilly's brain.

AV David
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Chilly started a QB controversy today. He said the QB situation is under review and that they are not tied to T Jack.

Sounds like Gus F. will likely start for awhile.

The twin cities sports media is way down on T Jack. Mark Rosen, WCCO sports guy, described T Jack as a Double A talent pitching in the majors.
That has to hurt.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds like Gus F. will likely start for awhile.

From what I've heard, Tarvaris will start this weekend. If he bombs again, they may look to replace him.

BallHawk
09-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Brian Brohm to the Vikings for a 3rd and a 4th? :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Chilly started a QB controversy today. He said the QB situation is under review and that they are not tied to T Jack.

And that is a great example of why Chilly will never go anywhere as a head coach. You never, EVER, say something like that until the guy is no longer your starter.

You saw Jeff Fisher get it right with the Kerry Collins announcement.

RashanGary
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
The way Thompson handled the Favre saga tells you a lot about what he thinks about the Vikings quarterback situation :lol:

What they did was a slap in the face to the Vikings as if to say our garbage is obviously better than the best you have and we're going to make sure you don't get it so keep your nose out of our dumpster.

Tarlam!
09-16-2008, 06:24 PM
"our garbage" is obviously better than the best you have and we're going to make sure you don't get it so keep your nose out of our dumpster"

As of now, I will stop defending your stupidity. This is the most ludicrous metaphor i have ever seen in print. Nick, I wash my hands of you.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
"our garbage" is obviously better than the best you have and we're going to make sure you don't get it so keep your nose out of our dumpster"

As of now, I will stop defending your stupidity. This is the most ludicrous metaphor i have ever seen in print. Nick, I wash my hands of you.

I dont' think it was a bad metaphor...just readjust what you consider garbage.

I'm sure dumpster diving thru the Trumpster's trash would reveal great garbage!

RashanGary
09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
That's pretty much it Tyrone.

mission
09-16-2008, 06:43 PM

I dont' think it was a bad metaphor...just readjust what you consider garbage.

I'm sure dumpster diving thru the Trumpster's trash would reveal great garbage!

I would love to go through Trump's garbage!

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Now, I'm hearing it's 50/50, so apparently AV David has better sources than me.
:D

Tarlam!
09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
To compare a living legend HOF QB to garbage is beyond words.

I am not surprised that you agree, though, Ty.

ahaha
09-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Childress is waffling a bit on Jackson.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_10470497?nclick_check=1

The best quote:

"You don't crown a guy king and then the king doesn't have any clothes on, and you say, 'Hey, he's still the king,' " Childress said.

Well spoken, sir!

GrnBay007
09-17-2008, 12:24 AM
What they did was a slap in the face to the Vikings as if to say our garbage is obviously better than the best you have and we're going to make sure you don't get it so keep your nose out of our dumpster.

The term grow up is an understatement.

Zool
09-17-2008, 07:37 AM
I thought it was serious till I read this.

"According to PFT’s Mike Florio, Gruden has offered disgruntled QB Jeff Garcia to a couple of teams in a trade, but not the Vikings - presumably because, if Garcia got on the Vikings, he would instantaneously pick up Brad Childress’s intricate and ingenious offense and lead us on a 14-game winning streak and thence onto glory."

If he had said "kick-ass" anywhere in there I might have bought it.

ThunderDan
09-17-2008, 10:25 PM

Tarlam-

Another definition of garbage is something you discard. Favre was "discarded" by the Packers.

Patler
09-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Tarlam-

Another definition of garbage is something you discard. Favre was "discarded" by the Packers.

It was more like Favre was "sold" than "discarded". Favre wanted to be "discarded", but TT refused! :lol: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 10:30 PM

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:14 AM

The term grow up is an understatement.

007 just give JH his due, damn. His opinions are PackerFacts (heard we are renaming this forum to this for his wisdom and tact). I caught him rollin' past Lambeau the other day and had to give him props yo!

http://photos-683.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v133/206/11/502092683/n502092683_124543_7657.jpg