PDA

View Full Version : Obama's teleprompter hits the trail-This just gets better!

sheepshead
09-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Obama's teleprompter hits the trail
Posted: 06:50 PM ET

(CNN) — It appears Barack Obama's teleprompter is hitting the campaign trail.

The Democratic presidential nominee has never tried to hide the fact he delivers speeches off the device, though normally he doesn't use one at standard campaign rallies and town hall events.

But the Illinois senator used a teleprompter at both his Colorado events Monday — making for a particularly peculiar scene in Pueblo, where the prompter was set up in the middle of what is normally a rodeo ring.

GoPackGo
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll117/sadloc/HAHAHAHAHA.jpg

weaksauce Obama

BallHawk
09-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh, yay, another political thread with essentially no purpose. :roll:

MJZiggy
09-16-2008, 06:25 PM

QFT. I give a fuck, why exactly?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 06:27 PM

QFT. I give a fuck, why exactly?

Man, you a kinda dumb. If he brings a teleprompter this is clear evidence that he isn't fit to be president. :roll:

packinpatland
09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
At least Obama isn't lying about it....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/palin-and-the-t.html

Joemailman
09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Another day, another anti-Obama thread by Sheepdip.

Kiwon
09-16-2008, 08:51 PM

No, but he, his campaign, and his supporters in Hollywood and the mainstream media are constantly making fun of McCain's age (72) and predicting his death within the next four years.

Obama is 47, a trained lawyer, graduated from an elite prep school in Hawaii, from Columbia University and Harvard Law School and can't make a decent speech WITHOUT A TELEPROMPTER?

Barack, ur....uh...well, you see.......ah....uh...Obama needs a teleprompter to make a speech at a rodeo.

McCain is a terrible speaker and everyone knows it.

And so is Obama, off teleprompter, which is why his campaign is using it at smaller outdoor events! Incredible.

These condescending, arrogant attacks on age are going to backfire on Obama and company in November if they continue with this strategy.

packinpatland
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Address the issue of her lying.............

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM

No, but he, his campaign, and his supporters in Hollywood and the mainstream media are constantly making fun of McCain's age (72) and predicting his death within the next four years.

Obama is 47, a trained lawyer, graduated from an elite prep school in Hawaii, from Columbia University and Harvard Law School and can't make a decent speech WITHOUT A TELEPROMPTER?

Barack, ur....uh...well, you see.......ah....uh...Obama needs a teleprompter to make a speech at a rodeo.

And so is Obama, off teleprompter, which is why his campaign is using it at smaller outdoor events! Incredible.

These condescending, arrogant attacks on age are going to backfire on Obama and company in November if they continue with this strategy.

everyone is talking about Mac's age..including repubs. I've heard more repub strategists talk about Mac being a one termer and leaving it for Palin, etc...then i care to think about.

To discuss Mac's age is fair game. He is old. He has had several cancer attacks. His body took a beating for his country.

Journalists have repeatedly noted that Mac doesn't campaign like most pols..his pace is glacial..which can only be attributed to age.

Find one example of them predicting his death. Find one example of the MSM making fun of his age. Please.

And, to say that he can't make a speech without a teleprompter is just as asinine.

As for Mac...i dont' think he is a terrible speaker..and does quite well in certain formats.

Kiwon
09-16-2008, 09:11 PM

I don't understand ABC's spin.

Numerous sources say the teleprompter scrolled past the points in her speech because it did not stop during the applause lines.

I saw her then referring to her notes during the last part of her speech. I don't really care whether she used a teleprompter, used notes, or just used her memory. She gave a good speech.

NOW, you defend the attacks on McCain's age.

packinpatland
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM

Numerous sources say the teleprompter scrolled past the points in her speech because it did not stop during the applause lines.

I saw her then referring to her notes during the last part of her speech. I don't really care whether she used a teleprompter, used notes, or just used her memory. She gave a good speech.

He's 72. He's had cancer several times..........what are the odds?

Scott Campbell
09-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Well it's 100% - for everybody. The only question is when.

Zool
09-16-2008, 09:38 PM
So wait...the problem here is he can read? I cant believe I'm saying this, but December cant come fast enough.

retailguy
09-16-2008, 10:14 PM

Considering Mommy is 96, looking a little pastey, but still, she was at the convention looking like she was still clued into things. His odds are better than most...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM

Considering Mommy is 96, looking a little pastey, but still, she was at the convention looking like she was still clued into things. His odds are better than most...

Are you saying that his genetics are only determined by his mom...where is his dad?

While he may live, and i think he will, the question isn't only about that..it is about reoccuring problems and how that would affect him.

Do we really want a USSR type situationl like they had with Brezneh (spelling?) and other sickly leaders.

You can't deny that the health of a leader affects our diplomacy and the way others view us and react to us.

Kiwon
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM

What are the odds of you defending the attacks on McCain's age?

Health issues?

Obama, 47 - Smoker, former drug-user, campaign has released minimal medical records.

His father, alcoholic and womanizer, dies at 46.
His mother, dies from cancer at 52.
His maternal grandfather dies at 73.
His maternal grandmother is in poor health at 85.

McCain, 72 - Former smoker, cancer survivor, prisoner of war survivor after being held for 5.5 years, campaign has released reams of medical records.

His father, U.S. Admiral, dies at 70.
His mother is in good health and active at age 96.

Now defend Obama's campaign attacking McCain on his age.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Obama's father. LOL

You are talking about a guy who died in a car crash? Has obama shown anything that puts him as an alkie?

Mother died...of ovarian cancer. Yep, i think Barack has to worry about that. :oops:

Drug user...in high school. That isn't even relevant as a health issue.

Only a fool would not realize that Mac's a bigger risk than Obama.

BallHawk
09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Um, having used drugs and being a drug-user are two completely different things. Obama is the former.

TheCheese
09-17-2008, 02:25 AM

everyone is talking about Mac's age..including repubs. I've heard more repub strategists talk about Mac being a one termer and leaving it for Palin, etc...then i care to think about.

To discuss Mac's age is fair game. He is old. He has had several cancer attacks. His body took a beating for his country.

Journalists have repeatedly noted that Mac doesn't campaign like most pols..his pace is glacial..which can only be attributed to age.

Find one example of them predicting his death. Find one example of the MSM making fun of his age. Please.

And, to say that he can't make a speech without a teleprompter is just as asinine.

As for Mac...i dont' think he is a terrible speaker..and does quite well in certain formats.

I love how you state that so matter-of-factly, that is really the only possible explanation of McCain campaigning slow eh? Because hes old? Yep thats gotta be it, no other possible scenario is conceivable.

sheepshead
09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
I just posted this as really the last straw with this guy. He's done. He is just too arrogant and ignorant for the job he has, much less a promotion.

SkinBasket
09-17-2008, 07:24 AM

I love how you state that so matter-of-factly, that is really the only possible explanation of McCain campaigning slow eh? Because hes old? Yep thats gotta be it, no other possible scenario is conceivable.

It's your job to find evidence that proves Tyrone wrong, not to expect he would prove he's right. Otherwise you're attacking him ad hominem. Only he is allowed to post opinion without supporting data due to his unassailable database of impervious facts and truths.

Zool
09-17-2008, 07:31 AM
I just posted this as really the last straw with this guy. He's done. He is just too arrogant and ignorant for the job he has, much less a promotion.

I think you mean uppity.

sheepshead
09-17-2008, 07:37 AM

I think you mean uppity.

Sometimes you're funny zool. This time you're not.

Zool
09-17-2008, 07:38 AM

I think you mean uppity.

Sometimes you're funny zool. This time you're not.

Yeah I know, but someone has to bring some levity into these 80billion threads of the same topic.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/09/SMALLMAN2.jpg

sheepshead
09-17-2008, 07:45 AM
:lol:

hoosier
09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
things are looking up for that guy....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Many journalists have noted the glacial pace. In the history of presidential races, multiple stops/venues is the norm...and you often see stories about the crippling pace.

If you don't think that you have less energy as you get older...well, i dont' know what to tell you.

But, if you think there is another explanation...please suggest it. Why would mccain deviate from the norm. I'm not talking about when he was low on funds...that would be understandable, but he hasn't been in that situation for months.

I'd be curious to hear your ideas.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM

It's your job to find evidence that proves Tyrone wrong, not to expect he would prove he's right. Otherwise you're attacking him ad hominem. Only he is allowed to post opinion without supporting data due to his unassailable database of impervious facts and truths.

One can attack me all they want...obviously you don't understand ad hominem..since I never presented the ideas as my own or as the source.

If i present sources...you are welcome to present valid criticism of the content..not just slamming the source. Which, you can't do.

BTW, i find you constant attention to me quite flattering. Why don't you just ask me out already..you big queer.

SkinBasket
09-17-2008, 05:13 PM
One can attack me all they want...obviously you don't understand ad hominem..since I never presented the ideas as my own or as the source.

If i present sources...you are welcome to present valid criticism of the content..not just slamming the source. Which, you can't do.

BTW, i find you constant attention to me quite flattering. Why don't you just ask me out already..you big queer.

Of course I don't understand ad hominem. Well, not when it's used as a cover-all shield against all criticism, anyway.

I presented valid criticism to your source as it applied to your argument. Just because the criticism doesn't fit YOUR criteria for what valid criticism is, does not mean it is not valid. It just means you get to dismiss it without doing any work.

I don't date black guys, they taste like olives.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 06:38 PM

Of course I don't understand ad hominem. Well, not when it's used as a cover-all shield against all criticism, anyway.

I presented valid criticism to your source as it applied to your argument. Just because the criticism doesn't fit YOUR criteria for what valid criticism is, does not mean it is not valid. It just means you get to dismiss it without doing any work.

I don't date black guys, they taste like olives.

When PIP posted the NYT story all you said was liberal media.

Criticism: I never used the term ad hominem in that instance. Try to keep you lies straight.

And, your criticism...that the polling wasn't enough...that is your opinion. Please show one source that condemns the poll. Nor can you fully explain why the results are misapplied.

Keep spewing mr. rove.

SkinBasket
09-17-2008, 07:16 PM
AD HOMINEM!

AD HOMINEM!

AD HOMINEM!

AD HOMINEM!

Someone call the Ad Hominem Policia!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 07:27 PM
AD HOMINEM!

AD HOMINEM!

AD HOMINEM!

AD HOMINEM!

Someone call the Ad Hominem Policia!!!

More tactics from the Atwater/Rove school. What a surprise. :oops:

I'm ashamed for you.

Kiwon
09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Keep spewing mr. rove.

SkinBasket is really Karl Rove??!!!

Gosh, he's my idol! It's a true privilege to share the same forum with you, Mr. Rove.

You are a genius.

If I send you some of my Republican gear will you sign it for me?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Keep spewing mr. rove.

Gosh, he's my idol! It's a true privilege to share the same forum with you, Mr. Rove.

You are a genius.

I'm sure it is a mutual admiration society mr. dukes.

Kiwon
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Keep spewing mr. rove.

You are a genius.

I'm sure it is a mutual admiration society mr. dukes.

:shock: How did you know? What did I say to give it away?

You didn't hack my email like they did Gov. Palin, did you?

SkinBasket
09-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm ashamed for you.

You should be, I'm acting just like you.

SkinBasket
09-17-2008, 07:34 PM

I'll slap it with my cock. Is that good enough?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm ashamed for you.

Like a child imitates their father.

retailguy
09-17-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm ashamed for you.

Nah. More like Ellie Mae imitating Jethro. :wink: :twisted:

Kiwon
09-17-2008, 07:47 PM

I'll slap it with my cock. Is that good enough?

And then take some pictures and post it on Chris Cooley's website?

Zool
09-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm ashamed for you.

Naught plus naught....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm ashamed for you.

I'll take being Jethro....better break it to Skin that he is a woman.

retailguy
09-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll take being Jethro....

resisting the urge to create "Jethro Rat".... :P

God, it's tough, must not.... must not.... must not...... :wink:

mission
09-21-2008, 12:23 AM

Conceive one then ...