PDA

View Full Version : The Volt

Freak Out
09-16-2008, 07:32 PM
2011 production.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/09/16/officially-official-2011-chevrolet-volt-finally-revealed/

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
No Tesla!

LL2
09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I like the look of the car. Looks better than the concept model before this one. I hope they can make it affordable. Tesla's are way too expensive, and they only have a roadster right now. It's about time one of the big 3 came out with a car like this, and beat the foreign competition.

Freak Out
09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Rumors are $40,000...which is to much. Maybe we can get a $15,000 rebate! :)

LL2
09-16-2008, 08:30 PM
That would be nice, but $40k is cheaper than the next electric car to be introduced by Tesla. Tesla's next car will be a 5 passenger starting around $60k. They say it will be a luxury car, and better than the Volt. I get their email newsletters. If you think about it though the high cost of an electric car may be offset by the money saved spending $4.00 per gallon for gas.

Zool
09-16-2008, 09:41 PM
That would be nice, but $40k is cheaper than the next electric car to be introduced by Tesla. Tesla's next car will be a 5 passenger starting around $60k. They say it will be a luxury car, and better than the Volt. I get their email newsletters. If you think about it though the high cost of an electric car may be offset by the money saved spending $4.00 per gallon for gas.

You wouldn't figure a hair metal band would become car makers. Thats odd.

5 man acoustical mini-van?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 09:45 PM

It is the guy behind paypal...and spaceX i believe.

Zool
09-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh sorry

<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2008, 09:46 PM
http://msp272.photobucket.com/albums/jj169/backlasher7/gay.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh sorry

<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

I knew you were being sarcastic..i just was filling you in on who the man behind it was.

Though i think you coulda given a more obscure telsa ref by using OMD.

Zool
09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I though about going with a Command and Conquer themed post, but it seemed a bit too obscure. I like to play to the masses.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 10:04 PM
I though about going with a Command and Conquer themed post, but it seemed a bit too obscure. I like to play to the masses.

Tesla Girls, Tesla Girls
Testing out theories
Electric chairs and dynamos
Dressed to kill they're killing me
But heaven knows their recipe

Zool
09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
This looks rad.

http://www.teslasystems.com/images/gallery/tesla-coil-suit-1.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Huge double Tesla coils every year at coachella.

http://eecue.com/img/images_pic-medium-28712-Cauac_Twins_Tesla_Coils.jpg

Freak Out
09-16-2008, 10:16 PM

These guys need food.

mraynrand
09-18-2008, 03:49 PM

These guys need food.

I always wondered what happened to Sulu after Start Trek.

bobblehead
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM

No, If you think about it, spending $4/gal is better....if you DON'T think about it you can make this arguement.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2008, 06:07 PM

No, If you think about it, spending $4/gal is better....if you DON'T think about it you can make this arguement.

Wouldn't your argument depend on the price of the gas car and the length of ownership of the electric car?

LL2
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM

Wouldn't your argument depend on the price of the gas car and the length of ownership of the electric car?

Yes

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2008, 09:08 PM

Yes

Someone needs to learn about rhetorical questions.