PDA

View Full Version : 4,048 yards and 32 touchdowns

Scott Campbell
09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
That's A-Rod's current pace. I guess I could live with that.

mission
09-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Ill just continue being ridiculous and say he will end up with better numbers than that ... half hindsight of course. ;-)

Kiwon
09-16-2008, 11:52 PM

Are you talking in real life or in Madden?

He's good in either.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 12:27 AM
You forgot the 70% completion percentage, 0 interceptions, 480 rushing yards, and 8 sacks taken. We'll learn even more about him after this week though. Dallas has better personnel on defense then they showed against Philadelphia. Their best corner, Newman, should be back, right? Both games I thought Rodgers might struggle because each game provides something new. I'm still expecting it. You have to expect a first year starter to struggle at some point.

mission
09-17-2008, 12:32 AM
You forgot the 70% completion percentage, 0 interceptions, 480 rushing yards, and 8 sacks taken. We'll learn even more about him after this week though. Dallas has better personnel on defense then they showed against Philadelphia. Their best corner, Newman, should be back, right? Both games I thought Rodgers might struggle because each game provides something new. I'm still expecting it. You have to expect a first year starter to struggle at some point.

I absolutely expect (hard to believe otherwise) a very poor showing at some point this season. Someone, preseason circumstances or not, is gonna be watching a little bit more of that 49ers preseason video than usual and it's just bound to happen.

Tarlam!
09-17-2008, 06:04 AM
I absolutely expect (hard to believe otherwise) a very poor showing at some point this season.

Well, we got a couple outta Brett each season, so I expect you'll be proven correct.

And that's not a cheap shot at brett, BTW, everyone has off days.

RashanGary
09-17-2008, 07:20 AM
We'll find out a lot about Rodgers. It's a great start to the year, but he's not really going to peak for another year or two (like Romo).

So far he's been cool and collected when he's up and cool and collected when he's down. He's young. The offense has had some rough patches, some rough quarters. Probably one game it will be a whole rough game. It does happen.

That said, I'm really hoping consistancy turns into one of Rodgers strengths. It seems like the multi SB winners (except Bradshaw) are the smart, talented, consistent, cool headed types. We might have one of those and I think the GM knows how to put a team around him so the present and future is, well, who knows, but it could be very bright and should be at least somewhat bright.

RashanGary
09-17-2008, 07:22 AM
How about them Vikings - sittin home, oh so happy about how stable their QB situation is and gloating about how Favre wrecked our off-season.

I wonder how much they're talking now. Maybe they'll learn to just shut up, but I doubt it.

pbmax
09-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Well, we got a couple outta Brett each season, so I expect you'll be proven correct.
Troll! Pot stirrer! Troublemaker! Wait til paco hears about this.... Oh, you were kidding :oops: Everyone go back to bed, I'm sorry.

I am currently refusing to have expectations for Rodgers so each week its like an undiscovered country. I am sure the Cowboys will win by 47 because you just can't win with a 3rd year rookie. :shock:

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:59 AM

Are you talking in real life or in Madden?

He's good in either.

Yea I fucked up and traded ARod away to get young rookies with more "upside" in my franchise as my whole team is the best rooks and 2nd year pros plus Merriman (he's a beast and had to have him). Either way there is the official Rodgers QB rating thread here:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=14657

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
I am sure the Cowboys will win by 47 because you just can't win with a 3rd year rookie.

4th year rookie.

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
I absolutely expect (hard to believe otherwise) a very poor showing at some point this season.

And that's not a cheap shot at brett, BTW, everyone has off days.

Tarlam... WTF!?!

haha just jokin... ya like other have mentioned that stats usually decrease going thru the season but there is that small chance that he'll play lights out like Brady did or manning did a few years back or Romo or Favre ten years ago... I'm sure there are others but u get the point

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 10:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=Avid05PYwavkYQpwcfo0_8VNC5kB?slug=fantgu ru-shortcuts

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has been poised, comfortable, aware, and he's made every kind of throw. You cannot ask for more of Rodgers; he looks like a guy who was ready for his opportunity. He does not have a gun, but the ball comes out with juice on intermediate throws, and he can air it out.

Once a guy gets labeled, the label sticks. Ask Greg Jennings about "The Human Juggs Machine." It makes little sense too. He has juice on intermediate balls and can throw it a long ways, but he doesn't have a gun?

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=Avid05PYwavkYQpwcfo0_8VNC5kB?slug=fantgu ru-shortcuts

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has been poised, comfortable, aware, and he's made every kind of throw. You cannot ask for more of Rodgers; he looks like a guy who was ready for his opportunity. He does not have a gun, but the ball comes out with juice on intermediate throws, and he can air it out.

Once a guy gets labeled, the label sticks. Ask Greg Jennings about "The Human Juggs Machine." It makes little sense too. He has juice on intermediate balls and can throw it a long ways, but he doesn't have a gun?

Well I think guys who have had guns were like Favre, Elway type QBs and as well as Aaron is throwing the ball he doesn't compare to those guys in arm strenght

boiga
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Well I think guys who have had guns were like Favre, Elway type QBs and as well as Aaron is throwing the ball he doesn't compare to those guys in arm strenght

From just watching them play, I would say that Rodgers has a little less zip than Romo and Favre, but not by much. It could just be that he tends to loft his deep balls, which slows them down a bit but helps against interceptions. Rodgers is in the same league as Brady and Manning, which is certainly nothing to complain about.

The strongest arm in football today has to be Cutler's though. That guy can throw a bullet 40 yards.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Those two may have had the two of the three or four strongest arms ever. If that's the only way you can "have a gun," then not many guys qualify. According to the Packers receivers, Rodgers has better arm strength than Favre at this point. Would you say Favre doesn't "have a gun" anymore?

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 11:24 AM
From just watching them play, I would say that Rodgers has a little less zip than Romo and Favre, but not by much. It could just be that he tends to loft his deep balls, which slows them down a bit but helps against interceptions. Rodgers is in the same league as Brady and Manning, which is certainly nothing to complain about.

The strongest arm in football today has to be Cutler's though. That guy can throw a bullet 40 yards.

I don't think Romo has elite arm strength. It's good (like Rodgers), but he's not "elite." He's great because of his demeanor, accuracy, anticipation, and movement skills. There's a difference between "having a gun" and having elite arm strength in my book. Elite arm strength conjures up some of the strongest arms in NFL history. I guess it's semantics.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Still doesn't make sense to me to say a guy throws hard on intermediate routes (15-25 yards) and can throw a long way, but he doesn't "have a gun."

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Those two may have had the two of the three or four strongest arms ever. If that's the only way you can "have a gun," then not many guys qualify. According to the Packers receivers, Rodgers has better arm strength than Favre at this point. Would you say Favre doesn't "have a gun" anymore?

Yes, I would say that... while he throws harder than most still, he doesn't have a gun anymore. Guys like Cutler and Russell have guns.. I never said having a gun will make u be a great QB, but it sure as hell helps.

Guiness
09-18-2008, 11:47 AM

Well, there's juice, then there's juice. Not many QB's in the history of the NFL could throw the frozen rope Favre could. I'm not saying Rodgers doesn't have great arm strength - he does. I don't know if he's got Carson Palmer or Vick like strength, but he's up there.

bobblehead
09-18-2008, 11:59 AM

If its arm only, I go jamarcus russel....absolute cannon.

Lurker64
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
If it's arm only, I go jamarcus russel....absolute cannon.

I hear he can throw the ball 70 yards while buried up to his shoulders in sand.

Joemailman
09-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I hear Arod can throw it 80 while washing down a brat with a Leinies.

Guiness
09-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Ya, there are guys every year that have big arms. Of course, the only ones that matter are the ones with arms, and more than a Jeff George brain.

Of the established newer guys in the league, I'd say Carson Palmer is at the top. Of the up and comers, Cutler and Rodgers; I think Derek Anderson has a pretty good arm too. Unproven - Russel. Failed - Boller, Grossman (probably Lossman).

How if VY's arm? I really don't know.

MadtownPacker
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Hell yes Rodgers has a gun. Not all guns are the same caliber but he can zip it. During the warm ups in San Fran has was firing darts. He didnt do it during the game so I have to think it is more that he is concentrating too hard on where he is gonna put it and not letting er rip like he has done on the some of the Jennings catches. That comfort will likely come with time.

DonHutson
09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
He's also on pace for 16.3 hair/mustache/beard modifications.

And he's on track for 4,237 polite responses to Brett Favre questions compared to 2.3 snotty responses. Not a bad ratio at all.

As a side note, at his current pace he'll also receive 24 backhanded compliments from Favre. Favre is on pace for 24 TD's. It will be interesting to see which figure ends up higher.

Lastly, don't forget he's also on pace to shut up 16 opponents with big mouths (jared Allen and Pat Williams over the first two weeks). He's got a chance to get 3 in 3 weeks with Patrick Crayton coming to town.

Packers4Ever
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM

Harvey, I was just getting used to reading all good stuff for our
guys and then BOOM, here comes Harvey! :wink: It's gonna cost you, :twisted:

Pack 38

Boys 22

Enjoy the game cuz we'll come home 3-0 :)

GO PACK !!
GO AARON !!

motife
09-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Q: updates on evaluation of the 2005 Packers draft?

A: Rodgers could be a sensational selection. Collins is OK. We'll never know about Murphy. Underwood didn't make it. Poppinga was an excellent choice. Coston was a decent pick. Hawkins was a bad reach on athletic ability. Montgomery was a good pick. Bragg was cut immediately. Campbell was a flyer. Whitticker started for a year on a bad line and now is out of football.

Jimx29
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
......Human Juggs Machine.....I punched that in my browser a few weeks back and it's now costing me $29.99 per month :|

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Everybody is on the bandwagon now. Gotta keep stay level-headed, ARod.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-09-18-breakout-players_N.htm?csp=34

gex
09-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Ohh yea! I can totally see A-Rod hitting close to those stats. I believe we have the team to do it. After we whoop the cowgirls this Sun, not much in the way of 15-1 or (shhh) 16-0. I see our boy in the running for mvp if he keeps this no nonsense, no turnover, high % type gameplan going.
Go Pack, Go Jets, what a blast! :D

mraynrand
09-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Guns don't break receiver's fingers. Quarterbacks break receiver's fingers.

SnakeLH2006
09-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Ohh yea! I can totally see A-Rod hitting close to those stats. I believe we have the team to do it. After we whoop the cowgirls this Sun, not much in the way of 15-1 or (shhh) 16-0. I see our boy in the running for mvp if he keeps this no nonsense, no turnover, high % type gameplan going.
Go Pack, Go Jets, what a blast! :D

I'm totally TOTALLY excited seeing these S. Youngish numbers thus far, but it's 2 games. We'll learn a bunch after this HUGE game vs. Jerry Jones (oh year they have a team too). I have no prediction on Arod's progress as it's all on this game. It's huge. Love him, but he needs this win to get out Brett's shadow which is fine in my book.