PDA

View Full Version : Abdul Hodge to Bengals

KYPack
09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
The 'ol colonel has been blown out in a hurricane. Didn't know they could make it up to Kentucky, but Ike got my trees and blew tiles off my roof. Also no power until this AM. I haven't seen one play of the Packer victory yet.

Been listening to a lot of radio, tho.

The Cincy Bengals signed LB Abdul Hodge. He had a lot of fans, but he's a tiger now.

Tarlam!
09-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear about the misfortune to your property, colonel!

Good luck to AH!!

pbmax
09-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Did the trees survive or did they come down? Hope all is well soon KYP.

Abdul Hodge is no Odell Thurman, and that's a good thing for the Bengals.

Zool
09-17-2008, 07:40 AM
The 'ol colonel has been blown out in a hurricane. Didn't know they could make it up to Kentucky, but Ike got my trees and blew tiles off my roof. Also no power until this AM. I haven't seen one play of the Packer victory yet.

Been listening to a lot of radio, tho.

The Cincy Bengals signed LB Abdul Hodge. He had a lot of fans, but he's a tiger now.

You have a spanish tile roof in KY? Sucks about the damage to the homestead.

Hodge at least seems like he has his head screwed on right. He will not fit in there personality-wise.

cpk1994
09-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Hodge at least seems like he has his head screwed on right. He will not fit in there personality-wise.A couple of traffic tickets will clear that up. :)

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Glad you're alright. Sorry for the property damage.

KYPack
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
The trees were down, now they are chopped up and gone. All they hit was the ground. The roof shingles (not tiles, I always call them that) get replaced today.

A Sunday and Monday without TV, power, or football? irreplaceable.

Pacopete4
09-17-2008, 09:28 AM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=14704

haha just jokin, good for Abdul.. he seemed to be hitting his stride finally

texaspackerbacker
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodge do really well for Cincinnati--much like Paris Lenin for the Lions and Hunter Hillenmeyer for the Bears.

All three of these guys, as well as they have done, were and would have been inferior in Green Bay to what we had/have.

Badgerinmaine
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodge do really well for Cincinnati--much like Paris Lenin for the Lions and Hunter Hillenmeyer for the Bears.

All three of these guys, as well as they have done, were and would have been inferior in Green Bay to what we had/have.

Other than the spelling--it's Lenon (TPB is always on the lookout for Lenin :D joke! ) --I think TPB is 100% right here.

Good luck on the house work, and glad to hear you are at least safe.

Guiness
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Good for him - I think he'll do well there. I think the main knock against him was that he only played 1 position + no ST value to speak of. And he wasn't going to replace Barnett. I don't know what the Bengals middle lineback situation is, maybe he has a chance to start?

BTW not exactly big news! I finally found a one liner about it on the Bengals ws. He was signed to their PS, not their roster.
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7063

oregonpackfan
09-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry to learn of the hurricaine damage, KY. I also heard from folks that many people north of you in Ohio had damage and were without power.

I also hope that Hodge can keep his nose clean with all the Bengals "bad boys" around him.

rbaloha1
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Wish we kept Hodge.

Signing Chillar was unnecessary due to Bishop and Hodge.

Hopefully we do not regret the Hodge release.

Gunakor
09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Wish we kept Hodge.

Signing Chillar was unnecessary due to Bishop and Hodge.

Hopefully we do not regret the Hodge release.

Chillar can play all 3 linebacker positions. He made the team over Hodge because of his versatility. Hodge can't play OLB. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think he can play MLB as well as Bishop can either. Why should we keep 3 MLB's on our 53 when greater depth is needed elsewhere due to injuries? There was just no room. And Hodge is a good football player, so it's a very good thing that there was no room for him. I hope he gets off the PS in Cincy and does well for them down the road, but we have better ones here that I believe will be far more productive than he's going to be. I don't think we will ever regret getting rid of a 3rd string MLB.

rbaloha1
09-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Disagree that Hodge can not play on the outside. Hodge regained speed and takes excellent angles. Instincts are great.

IMO Hodge showed much more than Chillar. Chillar spoke confidently but play did not match. Hodge is also younger with more upside potential.

Patler
09-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Hodge is also younger with more upside potential.

Not true. Chiller is younger than Hodge by about 6 weeks. It only seems like Hodge is younger because he started college later and stayed 5 years at Iowa. Chiller started a year earlier, and stayed only 4 years, getting him to the NFL two seasons ahead of Hodge.

Hodge was born 9/9/1982
Chiller was born 10/21/1982

It looked like Hodge may have been quicker this year, but not faster. In the last preseason game, Bishop absolutely blew past Hodge running to several plays, and Chiller is supposed to be faster than Bishop. Chiller has played all three positions, Bishop seemed to show that ability, too, this year. Hodge did not.

Both Chiller and Bishop are said to be very good special teams players. Both have a history of being so. Hodge was just learning to play special teams.

No surprise to me that Hodge was at the bottom of the depth chart.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2008, 03:51 PM

Hillenmeyer was superior to what we had at the time.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your house Colonel, hope it all gets better yo.

I'm glad for Abdul Hodge, the beast-man. It wasn't like we were gonna cut SuperCrazy White or our only FA pickup Chillar. But I still liked watching him at Iowa and if healthy will be the HitMan for real.

Besides that, the loser in Cincy could do less than acquire a "5 time, 5 time, 5 time world champion!" :lol:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/football/2006/draft/players/images/abdul_hodge.jpg

http://data1.blog.de/media/669/470669_eb49a62ceb_m.jpg