PDA

View Full Version : Packers' Jennings will be a handful for Cowboys

packers11
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/091708dnspocowscouting.1474e9c.html

MadtownPacker
09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Thinking I'll be buying a Jennings #85 jersey next. Maybe he can start marketing that blessed oil he puts on before games too!

Bossman641
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Jennings is a beast. He is so savvy for such a young player. For a guy who wasn't supposed to have great speed he sure does seem to get deep a lot.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Funny. Look at the fan comments ripping the Cowboys for not fielding a good enough team.

rbaloha1
09-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Maybe Jennings always takes 2 cowboys down the field thus opening it up for other receivers.

mission
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Funny. Look at the fan comments ripping the Cowboys for not fielding a good enough team.

Yup and talking about TT finding Jennings and Jones yet they are stuck with idiot draft pics. LOL

Cowboy fans, dare I say it, seem somewhat decent and educated on what's going on around them at least.

Gunakor
09-17-2008, 03:07 PM
What are the 'Boys going to do with Jennings? And after they figure that out, what are they going to do about Driver? And after they figure out how to cover both of them, what are they going to do about Jones and Martin and Nelson? They just aren't deep enough in the secondary, and don't have great cover safeties to begin with. Aaron can have a huge day if his pass pro remains as consistently good as it's been the last couple of weeks.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
What are the 'Boys going to do with Jennings? And after they figure that out, what are they going to do about Driver? And after they figure out how to cover both of them, what are they going to do about Jones and Martin and Nelson? They just aren't deep enough in the secondary, and don't have great cover safeties to begin with. Aaron can have a huge day if his pass pro remains as consistently good as it's been the last couple of weeks.

I agree. But our problems with TO and Witten are at least as bad as their problems with our receivers.

Pacopete4
09-17-2008, 03:58 PM
more than likely this game will be a shootout and whoever has the most bullets will win...

BF4MVP
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I was listening to a local sports show in Green Bay this morning and one of the guys said that while the Packers have a good corps of receivers, the Cowboys will have the best receiver on the field..

I disagree..

Jennings > T.O. at this point..

There, I said it..Now all the members of the media who slobber all over the Cowboys' collective knob can rip on me now...

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Owens > Jennings, but Jennings is starting to reach the elite level.

Pacopete4
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Owens > Jennings... Owens is one of the best WR's this league has seen IMO... he's a complete jackass but you can't say anything bad about the guy other than an occasional drop

Pacopete4
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Romo, Owens, Witten, Crayton, Barber/Jones > Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Lee or Jones, Grant/Jackson

boiga
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Romo, Owens, Witten, Crayton, Barber/Jones > Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Lee or Jones, Grant/Jackson

But then you add in Ruvell and the equilibrium shifts. :D

I disagree with people here who think that this is necessarily going to be a shootout. Our D is better than Philly's (I hope) and we should be able to slow down their offense.

The real equation is that our O+D+ST > their O+D+ST. That is what it takes to win the game, you know.

Pacopete4
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM

But then you add in Ruvell and the equilibrium shifts. :D

I disagree with people here who think that this is necessarily going to be a shootout. Our D is better than Philly's (I hope) and we should be able to slow down their offense.

The real equation is that our O+D+ST > their O+D+ST. That is what it takes to win the game, you know.

Thats what I thought last season too..

GoPackGo
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Romo, Owens, Witten, Crayton, Barber/Jones,Dallas offensive line > Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Lee or Jones, Grant/Jackson, Green Bay offensive line

I fixed it for you :idea:

Pacopete4
09-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Romo, Owens, Witten, Crayton, Barber/Jones,Dallas offensive line > Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Lee or Jones, Grant/Jackson, Green Bay offensive line

I fixed it for you :idea:

Thanks... don't know what I was thinkin but ya, their Oline is sick

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Jennings is a beast. He is so savvy for such a young player. For a guy who wasn't supposed to have great speed he sure does seem to get deep a lot.

True that. As good as TO has been (said he's faster now than EVER in the post game on ESPN, and I believe it...), it'll be interesting with the over-under on who has more TD's/big plays/yards. I say shootout: Jennings 6 catches 145 yards 2 Tds, TO 9 catches, 130 yards, 3 TD's...This will be a slugfest ala Boys/Eagles from Mon. nite. Bet on this, this game will get a massive rating for NBC.

Partial
09-18-2008, 12:41 AM
I was listening to a local sports show in Green Bay this morning and one of the guys said that while the Packers have a good corps of receivers, the Cowboys will have the best receiver on the field..

I disagree..

There, I said it..Now all the members of the media who slobber all over the Cowboys' collective knob can rip on me now...

I completely disagree. TO is the best receiver in the game. Moss can get deeper, but TO is just so big...

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 12:50 AM

Speed wasn't the negative on him. (It was the negative on Jones.) Jennings ran in the mid 4.4s. He was downgraded because of two things: 1) level of competition, 2) height (he's only 5'11"). Thompson saw that he has great hands, excellent burst, and great ball skills (which I think can be the most underrated criteria for a receiver).

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 01:04 AM

I disagree..

I completely disagree. TO is the best receiver in the game. Moss can get deeper, but TO is just so big...

Yep. What he said. Although if you factor in dumbassedness, I'd take 5 other wideouts before TO, because it's such a Rubix Cube of factors to get him to play this well. Jennings would be a man-beast ANYWHERE. TO only in a few select destinations. End Post.

Bossman641
09-18-2008, 08:42 AM

Speed wasn't the negative on him. (It was the negative on Jones.) Jennings ran in the mid 4.4s. He was downgraded because of two things: 1) level of competition, 2) height (he's only 5'11"). Thompson saw that he has great hands, excellent burst, and great ball skills (which I think can be the most underrated criteria for a receiver).

I went back and read one of the thread's with a ton of Jennings' scouting reports from when he was drafted. There were mixed opinions. Some said he would struggle separating and wouldn't be much of a deep threat at all. Others said he would be a big play receiver. There was one guy, forget the name, who was pretty spot on.

I'm gonna bump the thread. Shows you inexact drafting is.

BF4MVP
09-18-2008, 10:36 AM

I disagree..

Well, I just look at all the huge plays Jennings has made..Clutch, huge plays. Got the offense going with a 56-yard catch against Minnesota, and keyed the 4th quarter comeback against Detroit with a 60-yard catch..And that's following a 2007 season where he had how many 40-yard+ touchdown catches, many of which came in the last couple minutes of the game when the Packers were either behind or tied?

Plus I'm a huge homer and T.O. annoys the hell out of me...