PDA

View Full Version : Cory Williams

ZachMN
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
From PFT:

'Word is that some of the defensive coaches are upset because Corey Williams (who arrived via trade) has been viewed from the inside as a bust to date,'

Another brilliant move by our maligned (at least around here) GM.

Good Job Ted!

]{ilr]3
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought we would be worse off without him. Then after he trash talked the Packers when he signed with the Browns I was glad to see his classless ass outta here.

rbaloha1
09-17-2008, 01:11 PM
The Cletidus Hunt syndrome strikes again.

Its too bad the acquired second round pic does not look so promising.

mraynrand
09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
From PFT:

'Word is that some of the defensive coaches are upset because Corey Williams (who arrived via trade) has been viewed from the inside as a bust to date,'

Good Job Ted!

No shit. Really? The definition of a bad GM move is: "Anything the Cleveland Browns do."

They really thought that the Browns were Goin' to the SUPERBOWL in Cleveland!!!!!!!!!!!!! Corey Williams!! Sean Rodgers!!! BWAHAHAHA! You'd have to sign 4 Sean Rodgers to get the value of one, because each one takes off 3 plays out of every four! Derrick Anderson: All Pro QB!!! Riiiiiight. The only reason the Browns don't look completely pathetic at the GM spot, is that Matt Millen exists. And the coaching: it's 4th and 7 with three minutes left and you're down 10-3 in field goal range. What do you do?

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 01:36 PM
...... it's 4th and 7 with three minutes left and you're down 10-3 in field goal range. What do you do?

Kick the field goal. At least the Pittsburgh fans enjoyed the call.

Gunakor
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
From PFT:

Good Job Ted!

No shit. Really? The definition of a bad GM move is: "Anything the Cleveland Browns do."

They really thought that the Browns were Goin' to the SUPERBOWL in Cleveland!!!!!!!!!!!!! Corey Williams!! Sean Rodgers!!! BWAHAHAHA! You'd have to sign 4 Sean Rodgers to get the value of one, because each one takes off 3 plays out of every four! Derrick Anderson: All Pro QB!!! Riiiiiight. The only reason the Browns don't look completely pathetic at the GM spot, is that Matt Millen exists. And the coaching: it's 4th and 7 with three minutes left and you're down 10-3 in field goal range. What do you do?

If you've only scored 3 points with 3 minutes left in the game, I'm guessing your offense hasn't been very productive. Odds are you won't pick up the first down anyway. Take the points and play good defense, you give yourself a better shot. Just my opinion anyway.

mraynrand
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
From PFT:

Good Job Ted!

If you've only scored 3 points with 3 minutes left in the game, I'm guessing your offense hasn't been very productive. Odds are you won't pick up the first down anyway. Take the points and play good defense, you give yourself a better shot. Just my opinion anyway.

YOU LOSE! If you're not very productive, what's your chance of getting back in the red zone again - in less than 3 minutes, even assuming you get the ball back? Well, not very good. But you suck anyway, because YOU are the Cleveland Browns!

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Last week's call was a bit iffy, but the week one call was pathetic. They were down 28-7 with 10 minutes left, and kicked a 34 yard FG on a manageable 4th down distance. Great! They still needed 3 scores and their defense hadn't stopped Dallas much. Then, they kicked it deep and never got the ball back.

mission
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
From PFT:

Good Job Ted!

YOU LOSE! If you're not very productive, what's your chance of getting back in the red zone again - in less than 3 minutes, even assuming you get the ball back? Well, not very good. But you suck anyway, because YOU are the Cleveland Browns!

Agreed. You aren't gonna get back down there, might as well take a shot and have some balls. Either way, you gotta score a TD.

Gunakor
09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
And the coaching: it's 4th and 7 with three minutes left and you're down 10-3 in field goal range. What do you do?

Agreed. You aren't gonna get back down there, might as well take a shot and have some balls. Either way, you gotta score a TD.

Well, then it's a loss. But the TD can come from anywhere, whether it be a pick six, or a punt return TD, or whatever. The offense wasn't getting it done, and likely wouldn't have gotten it done on 4th down. Take the points, and try an onside kick. Or kick it deep and hope your defense can come through with a turnover. Basically, take the ball out of the hands of the offense to win the game and give it to the defense or ST's to win it. Besides, if you are going to lose anyway, you may as well score as many points as you can in the loss. It could become important at the end of the year when figuring out complex tiebreakers.

mission
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
And the coaching: it's 4th and 7 with three minutes left and you're down 10-3 in field goal range. What do you do?

Well, then it's a loss. But the TD can come from anywhere, whether it be a pick six, or a punt return TD, or whatever. The offense wasn't getting it done, and likely wouldn't have gotten it done on 4th down. Take the points, and try an onside kick. Or kick it deep and hope your defense can come through with a turnover. Basically, take the ball out of the hands of the offense to win the game and give it to the defense or ST's to win it. Besides, if you are going to lose anyway, you may as well score as many points as you can in the loss. It could become important at the end of the year when figuring out complex tiebreakers.

There's really nothing to disagree with in your post aside from, I guess, just the mentality. So agree to disagree kinda thing.

I go for it when I have the chance.

But hey, I'm just a pot-smokin beat maker with a good arm ... :lol:

Gunakor
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM

There's really nothing to disagree with in your post aside from, I guess, just the mentality. So agree to disagree kinda thing.

I go for it when I have the chance.

But hey, I'm just a pot-smokin beat maker with a good arm ... :lol:

The mentality I have is to win the game, but to give the game to the defense or ST's to win it. The mentality that you are going to lose anyway isn't mine, it's Aynrand's. That's what the bolded line was in response to.

I always want to win, but realize there is 3 ways to do it. So if the offense isn't getting it done, lay the game on the shoulders of your defense or ST's and tell them to make a play. In a 10-3 game late in the 4th, they have just as good a shot as your offense.

Zool
09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
The mentality I have is to win the game, but to give the game to the defense or ST's to win it. The mentality that you are going to lose anyway isn't mine, it's Aynrand's. That's what the bolded line was in response to.

I always want to win, but realize there is 3 ways to do it. So if the offense isn't getting it done, lay the game on the shoulders of your defense or ST's and tell them to make a play. In a 10-3 game late in the 4th, they have just as good a shot as your offense.

Problem is, the Cleveland O is the only thing worth mentioning on the team. If you wait for their D to win the game, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Fosco33
09-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Hard to say he is a bust with 8 tackles (4 solo) in last week's game. Including all his games in GB (and playoffs) it was his 2nd best game (in terms of tackles).

I haven't watched any of their games - besides conjecture does anyone have any evidence of this bust?

Personally, I think he's better than JH...

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I haven't watched any of their games - besides conjecture does anyone have any evidence of this bust?

Other than his own coaches apparently thinking he's a bust? Of course, journalists make mistakes, but it seems weird they'd report that without some kind of legitimate leak. It doesn't seem like conjecture.

I'd take Colin Cole over Harrell at this point. Doesn't mean I'd give Cole a boatload of money and trade a second round pick for him.

KYPack
09-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Hard to say he is a bust with 8 tackles (4 solo) in last week's game. Including all his games in GB (and playoffs) it was his 2nd best game (in terms of tackles).

Personally, I think he's better than JH...

He was a non-factor in the Browns Dallas loss. The rumbling about him started then. Sounds like he redeemed himself on Sunday a little. Whatever he does, he'll never be worth the kind of jing the Brownies paid for him.

TT, NE & other successful organizations don't over-pay for players. The money are like chips and you have to play 'em right. Cleveland is going all in and I think they have mis-played their hand.

Sparkey
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Other than his own coaches apparently thinking he's a bust? Of course, journalists make mistakes, but it seems weird they'd report that without some kind of legitimate leak. It doesn't seem like conjecture.

I agree completely as would TT and MM. I would never suspect a journalist of "speculating" about second hand information. :roll: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree completely as would TT and MM. I would never suspect a journalist of "speculating" about second hand information.

What I'm saying is that it's easy to report conjecture in the Favre case, but why would anybody be looking to throw Williams under the bus--especially after a decent game statistically? It seems there might be something there.

packrat
09-17-2008, 04:43 PM
If he's a bust, I hope they keep their mouths shut. Pretty soon no one is going to take a Packer player in trade (Walker, now Williams, prove to be not worth what the other team paid for them?)

motife
09-17-2008, 06:54 PM
of course GB drafted Brian Brohm with the 2nd round Corey Williams pick.

GB drafted Brandon Jackson with the Javon Walker pick and Nick Collins with the Mike McKenzie pick, both in the 2nd round.

Sparkey
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I agree completely as would TT and MM. I would never suspect a journalist of "speculating" about second hand information.

What I'm saying is that it's easy to report conjecture in the Favre case, but why would anybody be looking to throw Williams under the bus--especially after a decent game statistically? It seems there might be something there.

Well, I bet I could guess why everyone thinks he is a bust. They traded for a 4-3 rush DT and moved him to a 3-4 DE. Piss poor job of evaluating talent. Even we know he is not real stout against the run, but as a rush DT, he is one of the better ones playing.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:22 AM
From PFT:

Good Job Ted!

Yep....Saw that whole Browns game. Not only did Romeo fuck up the last min. of the first half, but the end of the game too? Don't they have college interns whose only job it is to count the clock/timeout ratios?? What a moron coach.