PDA

View Full Version : Injuries from McCarthy PC:

boiga
09-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Bigby likely out against Dallas :(

Tory Humphrey sprained his knee on Sunday too. He and Corey Hall are wait and see for the game.

Peprah is fine now.

Sitton and Wells had limited participation. Wells is ahead of Sitton in regards to being healthy enough to contribute. They're prepping Wells to play but won't make the decision until Friday.

Ruvell had full participation in practice.

mraynrand
09-17-2008, 01:45 PM

Don't like to be without Missile Command Bigby...

Tony Oday
09-17-2008, 01:52 PM

NOT GOOD!

Harlan Huckleby
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Sitton and Wells had limited participation. Wells is ahead of Sitton in regards to being healthy enough to contribute. They're prepping Wells to play but won't make the decision until Friday.

I can't see making any changes in the offensive line. no way will Wells be sharp.

mission
09-17-2008, 02:40 PM

NOT GOOD!

Not good at all!!! Dammit... praying for a miracle... Bigby seems like the kinda guy that can strap it up and get out there come Sunday and still be effective. Ala Woodson.

Charles Woodson
09-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Ruvell had full participation in practice.

Well thats a relief, :lol: BH now your boy will be able to prove himself on a big stage

boiga
09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Not good at all!!! Dammit... praying for a miracle... Bigby seems like the kinda guy that can strap it up and get out there come Sunday and still be effective. Ala Woodson.

Yeah, but there's a big difference between a hamstring strain and a hurt pinky toe. There's also a much larger chance of aggravating the injury. We'll need Bigby for the rest of the season, so it's better to keep him out now.

Hopefully Rouse will be able to repeat his successes from last year and not the mistakes from the Lions game. Nevertheless, having Rouse to help contain stop Barber and Witten won't the same as having the human missile that is Atari.

SkinBasket
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM

NOT GOOD!

Jesus people. Bigby has improved since this time last year, but he still makes his share of mistakes. Rouse makes mistakes too. End result won't be that much of a drop off. You lose some mental awareness and experience and gain a little speed. It's not like Bush is going to start. Then there would be reason for mass hysteria.

Zool
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
When Whitten and TO are on the other side, you generally want your starters playing. Rouse played not good against the Lions and thats with Kitna throwing. Its not the end of the world, but its not awesome either.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I'd put Rouse on Witten. He has the size/speed to compete with Witten. Collins has the speed, but Witten might be too physical for him. Put Harris on Owens with Collins providing help over the top. Then, I'd put Woodson on Crayton one-on-one. When Dallas brings in a third WR, I'd put Tramon Williams on them and take my chances.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2008, 03:51 PM

I can't see making any changes in the offensive line. no way will Wells be sharp.

What did Scott Wells ever do to you? You really don't like the guy.

boiga
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I'd put Rouse on Witten. He has the size/speed to compete with Witten. Collins has the speed, but Witten might be too physical for him. Put Harris on Owens with Collins providing help over the top. Then, I'd put Woodson on Crayton one-on-one. When Dallas brings in a third WR, I'd put Tramon Williams on them and take my chances.

I agree, but that leaves us mighty vulnerable to Barber or Felix Jones. Rouse's ability to accurately sniff out pass-run options is going to be thoroughly tested. If we want to slow down this offense, he's going to be the key cog.

Of course... it'd be awesome if McCarthy is simply bullshitting reporters and Wade by lying about Bigby's injury. Could you imagine their over paid OC game planning to attack Rouse, but then have Bigby show up on gameday saying "naah it was just a cramp."

It'd be worth every penny they paid Ari Fleischer.

BF4MVP
09-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Crap...Last year they got to face us without our best corner..Now they get to face us without our best safety...

Lucky effing Bastards...

jramsey495
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
i don't know if 'fair' is the word, but maybe some symmetry in the fact that they'll be missing a starting safety (Willams) as well...

boiga
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
i don't know if 'fair' is the word, but maybe some symmetry in the fact that they'll be missing a starting safety (Willams) as well...

That's not gonna hurt them. Williams was such a liability in coverage that they used his backup on more downs than he was in.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:26 AM

NOT GOOD!

Jesus people. Bigby has improved since this time last year, but he still makes his share of mistakes. Rouse makes mistakes too. End result won't be that much of a drop off. You lose some mental awareness and experience and gain a little speed. It's not like Bush is going to start. Then there would be reason for mass hysteria.

I dunno man. Seen McCarthy say Rouse made plenty of mistakes...hard to tell when I checked the HDDVR of this game after hearing that considering Rouse was SO far out of the way for those big plays being the safety valve. Bigby is a HUGE hitter needed to help in the run game and in knocking TO's mouthpiece out. Been pretty steady overall IMO, I do like Rouse, but he is hurt too. Not good at all.

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2008, 09:57 PM

What did Scott Wells ever do to you? You really don't like the guy.

I know Wells has been a decent center. My guess is that he is maxed-out at average, and some knowledgable people think so too.

My opinion is based on wishful thinking. I wish that Sitton can be a larger, stronger presence at RG than the other options. If this works out, then Spitz can stay at center, which I'm convinced is an upgrade over Wells. This is the only path I see to a significantly improved O-line.

Wells is like the little engine that could. He's a firey player, athletic in space, but he plays a little small.

Partial
09-18-2008, 10:05 PM

I believe last year you said put Harris on Crayton to take him completely out of the game and take your chances with Woodson and Collins on TO. I'm too lazy to look though.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 10:39 PM

I believe last year you said put Harris on Crayton to take him completely out of the game and take your chances with Woodson and Collins on TO. I'm too lazy to look though.

Or Woodson on Owens with help and Al on Crayton. Might be an even better plan.

Guiness
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
I know Wells has been a decent center. My guess is that he is maxed-out at average, and some knowledgable people think so too.

My opinion is based on wishful thinking. I wish that Sitton can be a larger, stronger presence at RG than the other options. If this works out, then Spitz can stay at center, which I'm convinced is an upgrade over Wells. This is the only path I see to a significantly improved O-line.

Wells is like the little engine that could. He's a firey player, athletic in space, but he plays a little small.

Question is, if Sitton comes back and plays RG, do we want Spitz at LG replacing Colledge more than we want him at center?

If the idea is to put the 5 best players out there, I have to wonder if Wells or Colledge is the choice? Should ask Eye in the Sky...

boiga
09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Question is, if Sitton comes back and plays RG, do we want Spitz at LG replacing Colledge more than we want him at center?

If the idea is to put the 5 best players out there, I have to wonder if Wells or Colledge is the choice? Should ask Eye in the Sky...

I'm fairly confident that Sitton lost his shot for the starting lineup. He's now in the "project" category working with the scout team. He never showed basic competence during the preseason thanks to his lack of experience playing at this level.

So, unless we have another injury in the O-line Sitton's probably out for the year. He has potential but it's too late in the season to bet on a rookie significantly upping his game.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm fairly confident that Sitton lost his shot for the starting lineup. He's now in the "project" category working with the scout team.

He was working with the scout team because he isn't physically recovered.

The team was prepared to start him at the beginning of the season, I see no reason why they couldn't insert him now.

I think it a stroke of bad luck that Wells recovered from his injury before Sitton.

But its a long season. All those guys will get inserted before the year is out, injuries always occur.

boiga
09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
From the Friday PC:

-Bigby out.
-Ruvell questionable
-Sitton questionable
-Humphrey questionable
-Wells, KGB, Wood probable

Grant had full participation in practice and M3 said he had more bounce than last week.

This is a big opportunity for Finley and Rouse. Both should get a fair amount of playing time.

mission
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
From the Friday PC:

-Bigby out.
-Ruvell questionable
-Sitton questionable
-Humphrey questionable

Grant had full participation in practice and M3 said he had more bounce than last week.

This is a big opportunity for Finley and Rouse. Both should get a fair amount of playing time.

Does that mean Bigby out of practice today or OUT for the game Sunday?

I'm assuming the latter... :cry:

boiga
09-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Does that mean Bigby out of practice today or OUT for the game Sunday?

I'm assuming the latter... :cry: Your assumption would be correct.

bobblehead
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM

I've been saying that this year, I think it would be our best option...NOBODY can single handedly shut down TO, but we can shut out crayton and double TO.

bobblehead
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm fairly confident that Sitton lost his shot for the starting lineup. He's now in the "project" category working with the scout team.

He was working with the scout team because he isn't physically recovered.

The team was prepared to start him at the beginning of the season, I see no reason why they couldn't insert him now.

I think it a stroke of bad luck that Wells recovered from his injury before Sitton.

But its a long season. All those guys will get inserted before the year is out, injuries always occur.

I think you are both right...HH is right going forward, but probably next year, we are past the developing stage of the preseason and only the best performers hit the field now. Wells is still better than sitton (imo) but next year will probably be a different story.

rbaloha1
09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
From the Friday PC:

-Bigby out.

Rouse should help Harris with TO.
-Ruvell questionable

Helps with the 4-5 wr sets. Great chemistry with AR
-Sitton questionable

Quality depth. Flashed good strength and nastiness. Underwhelmed by the nfl game.
-Humphrey questionable

Opens it up for Finley. Our secret weapon. JF has the ability to stretch the middle of the field and run te screens. Explosive athlete with great upside.

All play well.

Good news. Backups are very capable.

Agree.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Wells is still better than sitton (imo)

we have no way of knowing.

SnakeLH2006
09-21-2008, 01:54 AM

Or Woodson on Owens with help and Al on Crayton. Might be an even better plan.

I've been saying this for a long time, Woodson is a better corner as Al gets too wrapped up in his tussles and loses the big matches with his ego going 1-on-1. Hopefully we don't see too much of this or a few beers get chucked at the big screen.