PDA

View Full Version : Bigby's Texts to Florio

boiga
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I just thought people would appreciate these. Florio has Bigby as a texting buddy:

TEN TEXTS WITH ATARI BIGBY
Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 2:47 p.m. EDT

[Editor’s note: Packers safety Atari Bigby will be talking to us via text every week. Here’s the transcript of the first conversation, which occurred a day after Bigby clinched the Week One win by intercepting a pass late in the game.]

Q: Let’s get this out of the way right off the bat. Why didn’t you hit the deck when you made the interception?

A: I kept telling myself ’go down go down’ but my legs just kept going.

Q: What were you thinking when you saw the ball heading your way?

A: This is my opportunity to end the game and be the hero.

Q: Did you expect Aaron Rodgers to play as well as he did?

A: Everyone did. He has been around. He’s not a rookie. He has great ability and is seasoned so there is no reason to expecting anything less of him.

Q: Did you spend a lot of time inside the box against the Vikings and Adrian Peterson?

A: Seems like the whole game it was either me or Nick Collins. Since he is so much of a cutback runner, you are almost forced to bring a safety down in the box on every play.

Q: Were you surprised they threw only seven passes in the first half?

A: No, not really. With the talent they have in the backfield and the QB being banged up running gave them their best chance to win,

Q: Do you think there’s bad blood between the teams?

A: I wouldn’t say bad blood but very competitive. They have a bull’s-eye on us and they are the favorite to win the division.

Q: Are they the favorite or are the Packers?

A: They are the favorites coming in.

Q: Who are the favorites after Monday night?

A: I really don’t know who the critics are going to pick.

Q: Bears?

A: They really performed well so they made a case for themselves. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/10/ten-texts-with-atari-bigby/

TEN TEXTS WITH ATARI BIGBY
Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2008, 7:03 p.m. EDT

[Editor’s note: It’s time for our weekly chat with Packers safety Atari Bigby. Regarded as one of the top young defenders in the league, Bigby clinched the Packers’ season-opening win with an interception against the Vikings. He injured a hamstring in Week Two. We interviewed him by text on Tuesday.]

Q: How is the hamstring?

A: The hamstring is a little sore right now. I’ve been getting treatment on it all day.

Q: How did it happen?

A: I broke on a long pass in the end zone right before haltime.

Q: Have you ever had a problem with that hamstring before?

A: Yes, this is not the first time. So I know how to deal with it. Hamstrings are very tricky so it’s best to let it rest first, then gradually increase the workload.

Q: Do you think you’ll be ready for Dallas?

A: It’s too early to tell but I’m going to do everything in my power to play that game.

Q: What were your thoughts about the Cowboys offense on Monday night?

A: They have a well put together offense. A competitor like myself loves these games. I feel like I’ll be all over the field making plays. This is a good chance for our defense to prove what we’re all about.

Q: How were you feeling when the Lions came back on Sunday and took the lead?

A: The Lions had their confidence and gave us a run but I knew in the end we would come out on top.

Q: I bet you were dying to get out there and play.

A: Yes I was.

Q: What was your impression of Calvin Johnson?

A: He is a physically gifted guy but he was going up against two of the better cover corners in the league, with two very athletic safeties to back them up.

Q: Why do you think Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings have developed such a strong connection?

A: Aaron has been around longer than people think. He knows the receivers and they know him. I just think that he has a lot of confidence in Jennings right now. And let’s not forget he has many guys to throw the ball to. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/17/ten-texts-with-atari-bigby-2/

Also, here's a half hour interview / fan show with Larry Mccarren: http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/larry_mccarrens_locker_room/video_20080101__72b881d41539__c6cfbb84e9c9/

BallHawk
09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
My suspicion is that Bigby doesn't text that well. I think Florio cleans up so that the regular person can understand it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Wasn't this on the site that Brandt is part of? Florio doesn't appear to credit them.

boiga
09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Wasn't this on the site that Brandt is part of? Florio doesn't appear to credit them. Naah, Brandt had a question answer thing with Al Harris, who's an investor for their site.

My suspicion is that Bigby doesn't text that well. I think Florio cleans up so that the regular person can understand it. Actually Bigby seems very well spoken and rational every time I see him interviewed off the field.

He only looks like he's high all the time.

Patler
09-17-2008, 10:25 PM
My suspicion is that Bigby doesn't text that well. I think Florio cleans up so that the regular person can understand it.

I've heard Bigby interviewed only a couple times. He came across as quite articulate. Knowing that he was texting for publication he may have made an effort to text well, but I agree there probably is some editing.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Naah, Brandt had a question answer thing with Al Harris, who's an investor for their site.

That's right. Now, I'm confusing our DBs. Must be getting old.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Wasn't this on the site that Brandt is part of? Florio doesn't appear to credit them. Naah, Brandt had a question answer thing with Al Harris, who's an investor for their site.

My suspicion is that Bigby doesn't text that well. I think Florio cleans up so that the regular person can understand it. Actually Bigby seems very well spoken and rational every time I see him interviewed off the field.

He only looks like he's high all the time.

Hahaha...Yes, Bigby does, but he does seem pretty intelligent. Hope he lays the boom on TO on Sunday night though. :)

http://www.lenswoman.com/img/gallery/reggae/400/marley_weed.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Hahaha...Yes, Bigby does, but he does seem pretty intelligent. Hope he lays the boom on TO on Sunday night though.

He won't be playing Sunday night.