PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Lambeau

uwwlg
09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey everyone, though I've never posted, I've been consistently reading the forums here for the past few years (I swear, I registered in '06)

Anyway, I searched the forums but didn't find exactly what I was looking for and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

I'm going to the game this weekend with a friend of mine and I'm not sure where to park that would give us a chance to tailgate and exit quickly once the game is done since I have to drive back to Madison and work the next morning. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Personally, I'd park (for free) on one of the neighborhood streets a few blocks from Lambeau. What highway you want to hit as you go out of town will dictate which neighborhood. Can you make it to Lambeau before the game? If so, I'd drive around the neighborhood and create a plan for how you want to get out of town.

bobblehead
09-18-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm very outdated as I haven't been to a game in about 6 years, but I always used to park at the KMart across the street. Room to set up a mini grill and easy exit after the game. Of course I was heading west on 29 after, if that is not your exit, this won't work.

retailguy
09-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I've typically parked on Onieda street south of the Resch Center and the Stadium, on the stadium side of the street. That way, I can come out of the lot, take a right and head south on Onieda. That way, I can hit the 172 and head east to the 43 south or I can head to the 41 and go south. I'm headed for Illinois, but heck you could take the 41 south and take either the 26 or the 151 to head for Madison.

I used to park at Kmart too, but making a left to hit the 41 always kind of sucked, I find this works better for me.

Good luck.

GBRulz
09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Stay away from Oneida Street because that's one of the main roads people use because they simply don't know any other routes.

The quickest way to get back on Hwy 41 is to park on Ridge Rd on the north side of Lombardi. That way you have easy access to Lombardi with a right hand turn flowing with the traffic. There is a big parking area right on the corner of St. Agnes drive and Ridge, I think it's $20 or $25 to park.

Last year they widened Lombardi Ave to three lanes, plus changed the access to the Kmart lot much different. Parking in the Kmart lot isn't a bad idea, either and it's loaded with tailgaters.

Joemailman
09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
I park in a lot on Briquelet just north of Regal. It's a nice grass lot and great for tailgating. I think it was $20 last year.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/joemailman25/briquelet.jpg

ND72
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
we always park at ACE Hardware about 2 blocks up on Ridge Road.

digitaldean
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM
we always park at ACE Hardware about 2 blocks up on Ridge Road.

I park on the street behind that store. (used to be a Sentry store at one time, I believe). But if you don't get there by 8 to 8:30 am for noon games, you're S.O.L.

gbgary
09-18-2008, 10:41 PM
i've parked on and off the Lambeau lot and it's much more fun on. get there early and tailgate, walk around and see/meet as many people as you can. everyone's very friendly. hang around after and go when things thin out.

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2008, 10:45 PM
i've parked on and off the Lambeau lot and it's much more fun on. get there early and tailgate, walk around and see/meet as many people as you can. everyone's very friendly. hang around after and go when things thin out.

He said he wanted to get out of town early though.

Freak Out
09-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I thought we could all park at 007s or GBRulz house? :lol:

gbgary
09-18-2008, 10:58 PM

He said he wanted to get out of town early though.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif nevermind.

GrnBay007
09-18-2008, 11:04 PM

You can park at my house....and tailgate too!! Just be prepared to travel 4-5 hours after you tailgate to get to the game. :D

GBRulz
09-18-2008, 11:04 PM

Actually, some did that before the poster's game last year. 007's house might be a little out of the way though :wink:

uwwlg
09-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll shoot for that area around Ridge Rd. We'll be there plenty early so that we can enjoy the pregame stuff as much as possible.

Unfortunately, I'll be spending that whole day with a Cowboy fan, but I've devised a plan to keep his mouth shut. Since I got our tickets through my boss, he said the only way we can have the tickets is if my friend wears a packers jersey/shirt to the game.

Just trying to slowly convert them one man at a time - or piss them off through humiliation.

Zool
09-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll shoot for that area around Ridge Rd. We'll be there plenty early so that we can enjoy the pregame stuff as much as possible.

Unfortunately, I'll be spending that whole day with a Cowboy fan, but I've devised a plan to keep his mouth shut. Since I got our tickets through my boss, he said the only way we can have the tickets is if my friend wears a packers jersey/shirt to the game.

Just trying to slowly convert them one man at a time - or piss them off through humiliation.

Nice work. Cowboy fans deserve nothing less.

MadtownPacker
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Just trying to slowly convert them one man at a time - or piss them off through humiliation.Welcome to the posting world UWWLG. Maybe you can come back and talk about what went down at the game? I always like hearing about the off camera stuff.

If you get any pics post em. If you need help posting them contact me.

hurleyfan
09-19-2008, 09:27 AM

Isn't Lambeau parking just for season ticket holders?

mraynrand
09-19-2008, 09:49 AM
We just drive up and leave the car right in the middle of Oneida street. The cops take care of it and everything. We then just catch a cab to the impound lot after the game, and head for the freeway from there. It's like a valet service, just a little more expensive.

uwwlg
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
I'll be more than happy to let you guys know what I see off camera and if I get any pictures, I'll be sure to post. During pre-season games, our company actually gets to go down to field level for warm ups. I'm pretty sure my tickets at will call don't have any passes, but a little wishful thinking can't hurt. :lol:

gbpackfan
09-19-2008, 04:36 PM
I go up every week and I park in yards off Oneida street a 5-6 blocks from the Stadium. There are also plenty of parking lots around. You have to pay to park anywhere, except the streets (which fill up quick), but it's not too much. Trust me, there will been a gaggle of people waiving you down in attempt to get your car in their lot. Parking won't be problem.

jpompo
09-19-2008, 08:54 PM

I believe parking is a completely separate list from season tickets. Parking at Lambeau since the renovations has been a pain, my family got moved from the Ridge side to the Onida side for Green Bay Package games after parking on the Ridge side forever. And now they took away 200 more spots to put up a giant tailgate tent on the east side of the stadium. They used to let the first few cars into that lot without parking passes just charging them 30 or so a game but at the Vikings game they passed out fliers saying that any car w/o a pass will be towed, I'm guessing they got sick of the parking attendants skimming some money off the top. </rant>

gbgary
09-20-2008, 09:13 AM

heck i don't know. it was my first trip to GB and we bought our tickets through a broker and drove up...three of us...from dallas...in a bronco 2. :lol: it was some time ago...'93 maybe. i don't recall if there was a pass with the tickets but we did park on the Lambeau lot.