PDA

View Full Version : Viking Trouble!

Tony Oday
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8578850/Hurt-hamstring-keeps-Peterson-out-of-practice

esoxx
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
That's a shame.

motife
09-18-2008, 05:35 PM
hopefully, Peterson is fully healthy by Nov.9th. AND Al Harris doesn't "strike" again like last year.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gRC7DjeDGfkj/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03487po7SG69B/610x.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1112/nfl_u_peterson_300.jpg

http://thestartingfive.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/adrian-peterson-injury.jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/apmegasports/200711111525555180064-pf.widec.jpg

Rastak
09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Karma dude....so which Packer did you just jinx into a knee injury?

Lurker64
09-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Umm... didn't motife say he hopes AP was healthy for the Packer game and doesn't get hurt again? Isn't that what we should all be hoping for? I don't see how that's karma.

That being said, without a passing game, the vikes were going to have to run Peterson until he's got nothing more to give in order to stay in games. That's a good way to get your star hurt. I thought Peterson got a whole lot of touches in the Indy game for how much punishment he takes when he runs.

Personally, I hope AP is all right but that they hold him out of the Packer game for precautionary reasons, but that's just me being selfish.

Scott Campbell
09-18-2008, 07:19 PM

Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell.

Rastak
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell.

Wrong color Jersey.......Rodgers or Barnett?

MJZiggy
09-18-2008, 08:03 PM
I think for karma to take effect, evil intent would have been necessary. Motife said straight up that he hoped he would heal up and not get hurt again. If posting pictures of injured players is taboo, then every news outlet in America is in a karmic hole after Brady blew his knee.

cpk1994
09-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Karma dude....so which Packer did you just jinx into a knee injury?No Karma is what happens when you run your mouth like Jared Allen and 1/2 of the lard ass twins Pat Williams.

Tony Oday
09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
I feel Bad for AP

ND72
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I love sports media. 3 weeks ago, the Vikes were going 13-3, walking away with the NFC North, bidding for an NFC Championship. NOW, you'd swear they're never winning another game.

THEN, not only is Jason Whitlock dumb enough, but then he makes fun of "THE U" by calling them "uneducated"....THEN continues his next line by saying, "Let's don't get carried away..."...maybe he went to "THE U".

SkinBasket
09-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Karma dude....so which Packer did you just jinx into a knee injury?No Karma is what happens when you run your mouth like Jared Allen and 1/2 of the lard ass twins Pat Williams.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe "All Day" (another reason for karma to strike you down - a shitty nickname) should talk to his DL about yappin on about puttin their helmets into opposing players spines.

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I feel Bad for AP

Me too--I've got him on a lot of fantasy teams. I think he'll play, though, and play effectively too.

Pacopete4
09-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I really wish AP wasn't on the Vikings for a number of reasons but a huge reason is those veterans over there are assclowns and will teach AP nothing but the wrong way to go about himself off the football field. Learning to be a cock from Sharper, Williams, and Allen will do the kid no good in football.. to bad too cuz he has a chance to be a great one

Lurker64
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Not everyone who plays for the teams you don't like is an asshole. All of the Vikings I've met in real life (Robert Smith, Amp Lee, Matt Birk, and Chad Greenway) were upstanding folks at least as far as I could tell. I mean, insofar as I liked them, I wished they weren't Vikings, but it's not as though which professional sporting team employs you determines whether or not you're a jerk.

Plus, it's not like the loudmouths on a team are necessarily the role models or the locker room leaders. I mean, by all accounts the leader in the locker room for the Packers last year who everybody listened to and nobody messed with was Rob Davis. How often did you hear Rob Davis running his mouth to the media?

mission
09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I feel Bad for AP

Me too--I've got him on a lot of fantasy teams. I think he'll play, though, and play effectively too.

I never wanna see a guy get hurt under any circumstance, but damn, he's my FF stud ... I feel ok rooting for him because I know the Vikes just as a team aren't very good and I don't see us getting into any tiebreaker situations with them at all tbh.

vikes suck

pbmax
09-18-2008, 10:20 PM

My thoughts exactly. Maybe "All Day" (another reason for karma to strike you down - a shitty nickname) should talk to his DL about yappin on about puttin their helmets into opposing players spines.
He's Purple Jesus. The All Day thing is just a sidestep for those unwilling to confront a savior at Running Back :lol:

MadScientist
09-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Hope AP gets well soon. He's a good guy, and his uniform isn't his fault.

This is really bad timing for the Vikings. Given the lingering nature of hamstring injuries, it's risky to put him out there this week, but with a new QB starting they need to put out a running back that the other team fears. Taylor is good, but he's not AP. An 0-3 start would really be brutal. A loss Sunday and the heat on Chili really gets cranked up.

On the flip side, if they push AP too much Sunday he could wind up out for a long time. That just might finish their season.

motife
09-19-2008, 05:08 AM
http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v316/11/1/605353733/n605353733_761375_3072.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v316/11/1/605353733/n605353733_761374_2755.jpg

Packers cornerback Al Harris gets pancaked by Vikings running back Adrian Peterson during the first half at Lambeau Field, revenge for play previous year.

video:

http://www.realclearsports.com/video_log/2008/09/adrian_peterson_reintroduces_h.html

mngolf19
09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
No matter how much I hate the Packers, only want to play them when they are at their best. Isn't the same beating a team when they are not at full strength. Nor do I want to see anyone hurt. Just guys doing their job afterall. And as far as trash talking, I wouldn't do it but these guys are in the business of entertainment. It creates drama and hypes the rivalry and games. Makes good business sense in one respect.

Guiness
09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
*FF weenie alert*

I'm so ashamed...I got a little warm feeling at that announcement, because I've got Chester on my bench :)

I'm not a bad man, really. I didn't wish this, I just expected it!!! And if it makes you Vike fans feel better, I hope Chester runs for 150yds if he starts!!!

Scott Campbell
09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
No matter how much I hate the Packers, only want to play them when they are at their best.

That's pretty much how I feel about the Vikings too.

The Bears however, well those guys can descend into the fiery pits of hell and its still too good for them, as far as I'm concerned.

mngolf19
09-19-2008, 12:31 PM
No matter how much I hate the Packers, only want to play them when they are at their best.

That's pretty much how I feel about the Vikings too.

The Bears however, well those guys can descend into the fiery pits of hell and its still too good for them, as far as I'm concerned.

The Bears and Lions are not on my radar. Thought I saw a blip a couple years ago, but I don't see it anymore.

SnakeLH2006
09-21-2008, 03:04 AM

I always wondered how AP got the ALL DAY surname when his coach won't even let him run for crucial downs or late in the game? Stupid ass nickname as he should be First Half Adrian. Not his fault, just his insanely dumbass coach. Who's the dumber coach Childress or Romeo Crennel? Dumbfucks indeed...just run AP 30 carries a game till he hurts himself, cuz it will happen anyway, just poor ass coaching on Childress's part. You ain't ALL DAY unless you are ALL DAY. Thank god we didn't hire that idiot. He's the Matt Millen of coaches.

mission
09-21-2008, 03:07 AM

I always wondered how AP got the ALL DAY surname when his coach won't even let him run for crucial downs or late in the game? Stupid ass nickname as he should be First Half Adrian. Not his fault, just his insanely dumbass coach. Who's the dumber coach Childress or Romeo Crennel? Dumbfucks indeed...just run AP 30 carries a game till he hurts himself, cuz it will happen anyway, just poor ass coaching on Childress's part. You ain't ALL DAY unless you are ALL DAY. Thank god we didn't hire that idiot. He's the Matt Millen of coaches.

He got that name long before the Vikings and Childress ...

SnakeLH2006
09-21-2008, 04:04 AM

He got that name long before the Vikings and Childress ...

Agreed, as I hope you agree and my post was this. AP is not all day. Damn good, but really damn talented, but underutilized thus not all day.