PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network: 1995 NFC Championship Game

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2008, 10:32 PM
They replayed the game tonight on NFL Network. I had forgotten just how close that game was. We actually led 27-24 going into the 4th quarter. That loss was tough, but it wasn't extremely devastating because we weren't expected to get there. We had the monumental upset at San Fran the week before, and it felt like the future was ahead of us.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
And the future was right there on the sideline, in the form of TE's coach Mike Sherman.

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
One thing that still makes me mad. It sucks to whine about officiating, but what a pathetic crew. The penalties were completely one-sided against Green Bay, and they showed numerous replays of Erik Williams holding Reggie or grabbing Reggie's facemask. They just led it slide. Irvin with his pushoffs. One play, Leon Lett punched Frank Winters in the face. Instead of ejecting him, he got off with just a penalty.

bobblehead
09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
One thing that still makes me mad. It sucks to whine about officiating, but what a pathetic crew. The penalties were completely one-sided against Green Bay, and they showed numerous replays of Erik Williams holding Reggie or grabbing Reggie's facemask. They just led it slide. Irvin with his pushoffs. One play, Leon Lett punched Frank Winters in the face. Instead of ejecting him, he got off with just a penalty.

Yea, I don't whine much about officials either, but the push off by Irvin where they actually called evans?? If I recall. And then there was emmit reaching with the ball into the endzone and our guy grabbed it away, ran about 5 yards.....then the whistle blew. That game will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Freak Out
09-20-2008, 01:50 AM

Yea, I don't whine much about officials either, but the push off by Irvin where they actually called evans?? If I recall. And then there was emmit reaching with the ball into the endzone and our guy grabbed it away, ran about 5 yards.....then the whistle blew. That game will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth.

We can be real masochist at times bringing these games up.
I watched that game with some friends and family...one of my coworkers was there and a big Cowboy fan...we were at each others throats before the game was over. I admit that I lost it over the officiating and went nuts. I think it was the year before when Jurco was hauled off the field after a chop block...screaming back obscenities or something back at the Cowboys huddle. Damn I still hate those fuckers.

GBRulz
09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
I couldn't sleep last night, so at 3:00 am, I'm watching the replay of that game, too. It really brought back memories as to how much I hated the Cowboys back then.

I forgot, that was the game that Gil Haskel got slammed to the concrete on the sidelines, too.

KYPack
09-20-2008, 08:30 AM
I couldn't sleep last night, so at 3:00 am, I'm watching the replay of that game, too. It really brought back memories as to how much I hated the Cowboys back then.

I forgot, that was the game that Gil Haskel got slammed to the concrete on the sidelines, too.

That one brings back the memories, boy. The young "slinger" and Reggie still a force to be reckoned with. It reminded me of how happy we were when Carolina was the opponent in the NFC Championship game the next season.

I only hate the present Cowboys about half as much as I hated that '95 bunch.

cpk1994
09-20-2008, 08:39 AM
And the future was right there on the sideline, in the form of TE's coach Mike Sherman.Now Im convinced you are Tank.

KYPack
09-20-2008, 09:14 AM
And the future was right there on the sideline, in the form of TE's coach Mike Sherman.

The TE coach that season was a different future NFL HC.

Andy Reid.

Iron Mike
09-20-2008, 11:14 AM

I knew that game was over when I saw Reggie White getting pulled backwards by his arms. No holding call. :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2008, 01:02 PM
It's on again--not that I'm going to watch it again.

retailguy
09-20-2008, 03:13 PM
They replayed the game tonight on NFL Network. I had forgotten just how close that game was. We actually led 27-24 going into the 4th quarter. That loss was tough, but it wasn't extremely devastating because we weren't expected to get there. We had the monumental upset at San Fran the week before, and it felt like the future was ahead of us.

It was more than a feeling. It WAS ahead of us, and what a great run it was....

SnakeLH2006
09-21-2008, 02:27 AM

NFL in the 90's was like the NBA now. Bogus officiating towards star players to get the "ordained" champ to the championship game. That's why the NBA is bush league, boring, predictable, and too long. The NFL is predicated on the players determining games NOW, and not the officials.

Oh wait!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Ed_Hochuli.jpg