PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Revisited

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Randy Moss Revisited
By Chris Martin, The Liberal Utopian staff writer
cmartin@liberalutop.news

When Randy Moss was growing up, his dream was to play football for the Green Bay Packers.

"I have always dreamed of playing football for the Green Bay Packers," said Moss. "They were my favorite team. I wanted to play along side Brett Favre."

Coming out of college, Moss was notorious for his character and for smoking marijuana. In fact, if it was not for marijuana, Moss would have played college ball at Florida State. As it turned out Moss eventually ended up at Marshall, where he teamed with quarterback Chad Pennington to lead Marshall to multiple Bowl wins.

Came the 1998 NFL draft and Moss' stock was sinking fast due mainly to, what else, character issues and marijuana. First Moss fell out of the top 10 and then into the late teens. But then the Packers traded up 10 spots with the Miami Dolphins to acquire the 19th overall pick. Moss was sure his dream of playing for the Packers would be realized. But alas, the Packers passed on the receiver for DE Vonnie Holiday of North Carolina.

Two picks later the Minnesota Vikings took Moss with the 21st overall pick. Moss vowed to come back and haunt the Packers for all eternity. And Moss did just that; well, not for an eternity but for 7 years.

This off season, the Oakland Raiders offered to trade Moss to the Packers for disgruntled WR Javon Walker and the rights to the Packers' 5th overall pick (Al Davis was looking to use the 5th overall pick, plus additional picks to move up to the 3rd spot to draft Texas QB Vince Young), but Packers GM Ted Thompson stubbornly refused.

Moss was the missing piece to the Packers' Super Bowl puzzle and Ted Thompson messed it up.

woodbuck27
06-22-2006, 10:13 PM
"This off season, *the Oakland Raiders offered to trade Moss to the Packers for disgruntled WR Javon Walker and the rights to the Packers' 5th overall pick* (Al Davis was looking to use the 5th overall pick, plus additional picks to move up to the 3rd spot to draft Texas QB Vince Young), but Packers GM Ted Thompson stubbornly refused." APB

APB do you have the link to support * that claim *?

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2006, 10:27 PM

Yes, woodbuck, the Oakland Republic reported it. I posted the article somewhere around draft time at jso.

woodbuck27
06-22-2006, 11:00 PM

Yes, woodbuck, the Oakland Republic reported it. I posted the article somewhere around draft time at jso.

Can you find it again Tank? I looked the other day and came up empty.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Woodbuck, man, you fucking know the point of this thread. Thanks a bunch evey time you bump up my threads. :mrgreen:

gbpackfan
06-22-2006, 11:25 PM
This post stinks to high heaven! Tank you made this shit up and you know it! Provide a better source.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2006, 11:34 PM
This post stinks to high heaven! Tank you made this shit up and you know it! Provide a better source.

gbpackfan, this thread is a sarcasm written to remind every one of mr. double t's dismantling of the Pack and his inability to upgrade the roster to the playoffs level that Mike Sherman the great left behind (although Ted Thompson do like to do it from behind). Just a sarcasm, like always. :)

Bossman641
06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
When Randy Moss was growing up, his dream was to play football for the Green Bay Packers.

"I have always dreamed of playing football for the Green Bay Packers," said Moss. "They were my favorite team. I wanted to play along side Brett Favre."

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss

"Moss dreamed of playing for the Dallas Cowboys, and thought he might be selected by the team in the 1998 draft."

Nice fact checking Tank. Let me guess, this is part of your new writing style in which facts hamper the creativity of your writing. If you're gonna make up bullshit at least make sure you can back it up. Just like a liberal to not let facts get in the way of a good story

GrnBay007
06-22-2006, 11:52 PM

This is a classic Tank A. S. thread.

A.S. = Attention Seeking

-

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2006, 11:52 PM
"Moss dreamed of playing for the Dallas Cowboys, and thought he might be selected by the team in the 1998 draft."

Nice fact checking Tank. Let me guess, this is part of your new writing style in which facts hamper the creativity of your writing. If you're gonna make up bullshit at least make sure you can back it up. Just like a liberal to not let facts get in the way of a good story

Geez, Mr. bossman, your actually tok this thread seriously enough to do the damn research? We all know Moss wanted to play for the Cowboys. You must being hibernating in '98.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-22-2006, 11:54 PM
A.S. = Attention Seeking

-

Sarcasm; this is a satire, ok.

Bossman641
06-23-2006, 12:04 AM

Geez, Mr. bossman, your actually tok this thread seriously enough to do the damn research? We all know Moss wanted to play for the Cowboys. You must being hibernating in '98.

If by research you mean the 5 seconds it took to find a source than yes. I know how you operate: make ridiculous claims, get disproven, make more ridiculous claims.

I just want to see you once admit that you are wrong or that you lied. Who knows, maybe you'll make a habit of it.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Go read Norman Chad's stuff and you will understand a thing or two about satire. I tired to be like him. In fact, in my good days, i in fact, is a poor man version of him, imo :)

MadtownPacker
06-23-2006, 01:23 AM
I agree that moss would have liked playing with Favre.

packerpete
06-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Why is it that terminal illness so rarely strikes those who could most benefit from it?

MJZiggy
06-23-2006, 09:03 AM
That's a little harsh...

woodbuck27
06-23-2006, 09:32 AM
That's a little harsh...

I'm nominating this . . for 'the W H A C O Thread' of the Year Award.

Tanks got em - where he wants em. LOL

It's the Ole - Tank Takedown Routine. :mrgreen:

gbpackfan
06-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Tank,

Ah, it was all a joke. So funny! HA HA HA HA HA HA. Now that is "smart" humor at it's best. :lol: :wink:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-23-2006, 01:37 PM
:cool:

packerpete
06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
That's a little harsh...

If you cant take the humor, stay out of the morgue

death is just another aspect of life, get used to it, its gonna happen to everyone you love and yourself as well.

Viking Troll43
06-23-2006, 08:26 PM
He's old news. He'll forever have nagging injuries from here on out.

Harlan Huckleby
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Viking Troll, are you casting a spell?

Chester Marcol
06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I was hoping this was going to be an inteligent discussion about his Inta Juice Franchise. Damn you Tank.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0624/nfl_a_moss_275.jpg

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Randy Moss is an idiot.

Partial
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Little known facts about Randy Moss

Initially, he committed himself to Notre Dame. He was all-set to go, and signed his offer, and then idiotically got into a fight and racial slurs were shouted. His scholarship was then stripped from him.

He then ended up at Florida State. Since he had commit previously to another div1a school, he had to to sit a year out. In that year, he had piss poor grades flunked out. That's the story of how he ended up at Marshall.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Little known facts about Randy Moss

Initially, he committed himself to Notre Dame. He was all-set to go, and signed his offer, and then idiotically got into a fight and racial slurs were shouted. His scholarship was then stripped from him.

He then ended up at Florida State. Since he had commit previously to another div1a school, he had to to sit a year out. In that year, he had piss poor grades flunked out. That's the story of how he ended up at Marshall.

Randy Moss also played basketball with Jason Williams, aka the WHITE chocolate, in high school.

Its all about winning, baby, and Randy Moss is a winner.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
You forgot that he also got caught with the ol' mary jane

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey APB are you a packer fan? Just wondering.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey APB are you a packer fan? Just wondering.

Yes I am. But I am not a Polar Bear fan. The Polar Bear is also known as Ted Thompson. I think Ted Thompson is a homo and he should resign.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Why are so against TT? I didn't like at first because he is so conservative but I gave him a chance and hes alright.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 06:09 PM
You know liberals make me mad too but I don't go around swearing about them because they're not like me. :oops:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 06:15 PM
You know liberals make me mad too but I don't go around swearing about them because they're not like me. :oops:

Look, i am all for gay rights. I am a true liberal. But as a true Packer fan also, I think that Thompson's sexual preference is getting in the way of the Packers success. Thompson signed arturo Freeman because Freeman is willing to do it with him. He drated aaron Rodgers for the same thing. He hired McCarthy for the same thing. The Packers remain 4-12.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Please read my masterary "Ted Is Trapped in the Closet" song lyrics for more information. Thanks.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Sounds funny. See I didn't really like liberals until I met you. I guess my point is just accept.

Fosco33
06-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Did anyone catch Brett on the Hotlist today (ESPN)? Basically, he was asked who could you draft as a QB (Cutler), best DB (Champ Bailey but he gave props to Harris and Woodson), one player to chose from any team to come to GB regardless (Moss or TO).

He didn't seem his cheery self - kinda laid back and not very excited to be asked such lame questions, I guess. Funny how bad he wants a high profile WR to 'put up some big numbers.' He'll have to do with what we've got - here's hoping Jennings has it in him....

Tony Oday
06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
what has Randy actually won? How many rings does he have? NCAA championships? HMMM

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 06:02 PM
He didn't seem his cheery self - kinda laid back and not very excited to be asked such lame questions, I guess. Funny how bad he wants a high profile WR to 'put up some big numbers.' He'll have to do with what we've got - here's hoping Jennings has it in him....

Ted Thompson is a man fucking motherfucking homosexual of a GM. Thompson could have gotten Owens for a 4th rd pick. The Eagles were desperately looking for a draft pick before they release Owens. Thompson had the draft pick and he had the cap room to make Owens a happy man. Is Corey Fucking Rogers, whom thompson drafted with the 4th rd pick that should have gone to the Eagles for Owens, better than TO? Fuck NO.

See the Oakland Republic article by Gary Lightbody regarding Moss.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 06:04 PM
what has Randy actually won? How many rings does he have? NCAA championships? HMMM

It hurts me to say this, but Randy Moss was a winner against the Pack. Moss OWNS the Pack. That is what i meant when i said Moss is a winner.

Tony Oday
06-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Point taken but like your boy sherman he couldnt do it in the playoffs and win a SB :)

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Point taken but like your boy sherman he couldnt do it in the playoffs and win a SB :)

Sherman was still better than your boy Ted Thompson. Your boy Ted Thompon went 4-12 as GM. Sherman never did. :):)

Tony Oday
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
yup 4-12 with the mess that Sherman left that is 4 wins more than he should have had after getting out of that cap mess.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 06:22 PM
yup 4-12 with the mess that Sherman left that is 4 wins more than he should have had after getting out of that cap mess.

What cap mess? Ive gone through this before, and Ive done the research, and i will not go over it again.

There wasnt a cap mess.

I wont argue with you here. Go read my archives at JSO for more.

Tony Oday
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
lol hurts doesnt it that sherman mortgaged the future for the present that never happened...ouch...

4th and 1 lets punt with a ground game that was wrecking shop on the eagles... ouch...

Joe Johnson, Hunt, Reynolds, Sander....could keep going but you get it.

GREAT regular season coach with no cahones for the big game...

Anti-Polar Bear
06-27-2006, 06:36 PM
lol hurts doesnt it that sherman mortgaged the future for the present that never happened...ouch...

4th and 1 lets punt with a ground game that was wrecking shop on the eagles... ouch...

Joe Johnson, Hunt, Reynolds, Sander....could keep going but you get it.

GREAT regular season coach with no cahones for the big game...

And Sherman had to work with the contracts of Levens and Freeman (screw up by Wolf). He had to work with Reynolds and Ferguson (screw up by Wolf). Did you see him dismantle the offense? And Sherman never had $7.5 or $35 M
to work with and still did more for the Packers than thompson. Did you see Sherman dismantle the offense?

Go fuck yourself ODay. Or go read my archives.

Tony Oday
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
nope just the defense

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 07:31 PM
The offense fell apart last year too.

Deputy Nutz
06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
If Sherman was so strapped with Ferguson, why did he give him a multi-year, mutli-million dollar extension?

the_idle_threat
06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Tank, if you like winners so much, then why are you a liberal?

BlueBrewer
06-27-2006, 08:38 PM

Burn

Tony Oday
06-27-2006, 09:11 PM

BOX

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Who is TANK? Is it APB?

BlueBrewer
06-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Yes, he used to go by Tank back on JSO

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for filling me in. I just started talking on this site two days ago.

BlueBrewer
06-27-2006, 09:41 PM
I noticed you have been racking up the posts in two days

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah I really like this site and chating with everyone about hte Packers.

Bossman641
06-27-2006, 10:19 PM

Lol, good one

I look forward to Tank's response

Partial
06-28-2006, 12:37 AM
I took the political stuff to the romper room. Lets continue that over there and let the football continue here.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Google it. Make sure you do it at work ... :mrgreen:

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Marxism did indeed gave raise to communism in Russia, but by the time Stalin took over, the USSR had sheded completely away from the true meaning of Marxism, hence the term Stalinist. As a result, Marx's economic ideology was never sucessfully implemented.

Try googling Marxism and Communism and you will find the difference. I dont have time to explain to some one as clueless as you. :mrgreen:

Partial
06-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Tank, I moved the political section of this thread as an experiment to the romper room. Nothing was deleted. Lets continue this there.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Fuck Partail delated or moved my posts. Im done with this thread.

Partial
06-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I did not delete anything, I moved them to the Romper Room. If thats a problem I can move them back.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-28-2006, 12:49 AM
why the fuck not just keep it here. I am pissed. I am done with this thread here or there. this will be my last reply.

Partial
06-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Alright, I apologize for the inconvience. I did it for two reasons.

1. Try out the function of the software before training camp when we may need to use it.

2. Keep this conversation about Randy Moss for those interested in Randy Moss. I don't want them to be mislead into something political.

the_idle_threat
06-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Tank is not smart enough to find it where you moved it.

GrnBay007
06-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Alright, I apologize for the inconvience. I did it for two reasons.

1. Try out the function of the software before training camp when we may need to use it.

2. Keep this conversation about Randy Moss for those interested in Randy Moss. I don't want them to be mislead into something political.

Good call partial. It was basically political from the start.

-

packerpete
06-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Partial, why in the world would you apologize for cleaning up your forums?

The titles explicitly describe the proper content.

Besides, if douche-tank keeps its word, we will be rid of the illegitimate nuisance.

In all seriousness and truthfulness, I post very infrequently here in most part due to the idiocy of the post content from douche-tank,

I cannot see how others tolerate the inane babble when trying to have intelligent conversation concerning the Packers. I personally am neither impressed nor entertained by ignorance.

Zool
06-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Partial, why in the world would you apologize for cleaning up your forums?

The titles explicitly describe the proper content.

Besides, if douche-tank keeps its word, we will be rid of the illegitimate nuisance.

In all seriousness and truthfulness, I post very infrequently here in most part due to the idiocy of the post content from douche-tank,

I cannot see how others tolerate the inane babble when trying to have intelligent conversation concerning the Packers. I personally am neither impressed nor entertained by ignorance.

(clapping and nodding in agreement)

Iron Mike
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
why the fuck not just keep it here. I am pissed. I am done with this thread here or there. this will be my last reply.

Probably not after you read this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5766634