PDA

View Full Version : Post game chat with Cleft Crusty (Dallas)

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Folks,

Well, I'm guessing a lot of you fans will be upset about the Packers being totally outclassed in a legacy game, so 'ole Clefty is prepared to rub salt in the wounds. 'Legacy Game' you ask? Well a legacy game is a game like tonight, where a team has never lost to another team on their home field. The Packers had never lost to Dallas in Green Bay in 5 previous tries. That's over. Just like when the Packers lost their first home game in the playoffs against Atlanta following the 2002 season, legacies end when you match a so-so team against a far superior team, like the Cowboys. Fire away, Clefty will answer all your queries.

RashanGary
09-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Shut the F up you crusty old bastard ;)

I'm going to get good and drunk now :lol:

Badgerinmaine
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Cleft, the Packers had lost to the Cowboys in Milwaukee, but never in Lambeau. If the Packers hadn't made this a Milwaukee package game, would the Packers be 3-0 now? I think someone brought some bad mojo up I-43.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Cleft,

How would you grade out Rodgers tonight?

SkinBasket
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
CC,

How do I get the taste of Marion Barber the 3rd's cock out of my mouth?

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Cleft,

How would you grade out Rodgers tonight?

Above average. He made a few plays and managed the offense. But he didn't do anything all that spectacular to get the ball in the end zone. But let's be honest. often his protection was poor, especially when Moll was 'playing' at guard. Fans might be jealous looking to the game Romo played, but he had all sorts of help from his run game and from exceptional talent at TE and running back. Romo wasn't all that much better than Rodgers. The game was won and lost elsewhere.

Iron Mike
09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
With all of the talk of how TT's drafting has built up depth on the team, how can anyone explain how when we put our second-line players on the field, they stink the joint up?? (Rouse, I'm looking at you)

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 10:55 PM
With all of the talk of how TT's drafting has built up depth on the team, how can anyone explain how when we put our second-line players on the field, they stink the joint up?? (Rouse, I'm looking at you)

Mr. Iron,

Depth doesn't necessarily play well immediately, nor in every circumstance. Some of the backups held up pretty well. Tramon Williams played well, despite giving up the deep TD. Another factor is that you don't want ALL your second line players on the field at the same time. Specificall, once you have Rouse and Williams at corner and safety, when you go to dime, Culver gets on the field. So when the packers give up a 70 yard rushing TD, it's problematic to see Cole, Montgomeery, and Culver, and Williams on the right side of the defensive line. That's too many backups and backups to backups on the field at the same time.

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Cleft, the Packers had lost to the Cowboys in Milwaukee, but never in Lambeau. If the Packers hadn't made this a Milwaukee package game, would the Packers be 3-0 now? I think someone brought some bad mojo up I-43.

The Packers wouldn't have won this game in any stadium, under any cricumstances. They got whipped by a far superior. complete team.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
The Packers wouldn't have won this game in any stadium, under any cricumstances. They got whipped by a far superior. complete team.

hater

TravisWilliams23
09-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Cleft,

What's happened to Jones? Ever since he took that BIG hit in preseason
against Cincinnati, he seems to be a little gun shy and is dropping way too
many good passes.

Did Jordy Nelson just replace him as the # 3 wide out tonight?

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:10 PM

hater

I don't hate or like either team, Mr. Huckleby. I'm a completely dispassionate, objective reporter. The game bores me, but it's my job. But I'll tell you this: Ryan Grant looked a lot more like - your handle, the Original Huckleby #25, than the more talented Dorsey Levens (also #25) - at east this evening.

BallHawk
09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
What do you think of McCarthy's playcalling? Do you wish he had taken some more risks or do you think the Cowboys just took away all opportunities?

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Cleft,

If you watched the Vikings today, do you think they are even with us as a team now that Gus is their QB?... cuz I do

BallHawk
09-21-2008, 11:11 PM
If you had to be stuck on a desert island with either Robert Byrd or John Madden whom would you choose?

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Cleft,

What's happened to Jones? Ever since he took that BIG hit in preseason
against Cincinnati, he seems to be a little gun shy and is dropping way too
many good passes.

Did Jordy Nelson just replace him as the # 3 wide out tonight?

I wouldn't place much value in the garbage time receptions, but yes, unless Jones can cleanly catch a pass, he's going to be riding the pine pretty soon. But other than Jennings and Driver here and there, there wasn't much action from what was supposed to be an elite receiving corps against a depleted secondary.

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:16 PM
What do you think of McCarthy's playcalling? Do you wish he had taken some more risks or do you think the Cowboys just took away all opportunities?

Clefty doesn't like to question playcalling. You're grasping at straws when the Super Gulp is right in front of you. Can't stop the run? Can't run the ball? You lose almost every single time. I have that in my half time notes - followed by "This game is already over."

mission
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Depleted secondary?

Their coverage liability was out and Newman played as well.. that leaves Jones playin the nickel back/slot back. He's a starting CB for cryin out loud.

If anything they improved at safety and having three starting CBs on the field in nickel is a luxury most teams dont have

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
If you had to be stuck on a desert island with either Robert Byrd or John Madden whom would you choose?

Cleft has no idea who Mr. Byrd may be. John Madden knows his football, and is fun to chat with ABOUT football. But honestly, can I choose Diane Lane? Hubba, Hubba.

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Cleft,

If you watched the Vikings today, do you think they are even with us as a team now that Gus is their QB?... cuz I do

Don't go overboard. The Packers aren't in the Cowboy's league. It reminded me of Ohio State playing USC. Even though they got crushed, Ohio State will be competitive with teams more at their level. Minnesota is one of those teams. I agree with you only because the next game will be in the dome.

KYPack
09-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Mr. Iron,

Depth doesn't necessarily play well immediately, nor in every circumstance. Some of the backups held up pretty well. Tramon Williams played well, despite giving up the deep TD. Another factor is that you don't want ALL your second line players on the field at the same time. Specificall, once you have Rouse and Williams at corner and safety, when you go to dime, Culver gets on the field. So when the packers give up a 70 yard rushing TD, it's problematic to see Cole, Montgomeery, and Culver, and Williams on the right side of the defensive line. That's too many backups and backups to backups on the field at the same time.

Tyrone Culver was on a plane, flying back to Miami from Logan airport. His team, the Dolphins just upset the Pats. so he was drinking beers with tony Sparano and the Tuna when the game was being played. No wonder he was out of position.

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Depleted secondary?

Their coverage liability was out and Newman played as well.. that leaves Jones playin the nickel back/slot back. He's a starting CB for cryin out loud.

If anything they improved at safety and having three starting CBs on the field in nickel is a luxury most teams dont have

You have a point, but I still disagree. I wasn't impressed with the secondary last week at Dallas against Philly, and even tonight, Packer receivers were open. It was the poor protection of the line that often limited Rodgers' ability to find an open man (or have time to wait for a receiver to come open).

Cleft Crusty
09-21-2008, 11:27 PM

Mr. Iron,

Tyrone Culver was on a plane, flying back to Miami from Logan airport. His team, the Dolphins just upset the Pats. so he was drinking beers with tony Sparano and the Tuna when the game was being played. No wonder he was out of position.

Clefty apologizes - I wrote down #26. That's Peprah, not Culver.

esoxx
09-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Specifically, once you have Rouse and Williams at corner and safety, when you go to dime, Culver gets on the field. So when the packers give up a 70 yard rushing TD, it's problematic to see Cole, Montgomeery, and Culver, and Williams on the right side of the defensive line.

I'm guessing your pre-game colonscopy may explain your haze in thinking Culver is still on the Packer roster. :?

mission
09-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Williams also missed an easy tackle at the LOS on Jones' long TD run. He ALWAYS leaves his feet and dives at ankles. That shit ain't gonna cut it... I counted that three times tonight. Six feet left (3x), 3 missed tackles... lots of yards.

Square your shoulders and put a pad into your man... at least slow the lil dude down. Jesus.