PDA

View Full Version : The perfect plan for prime-time receivers.

packers11
09-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I've been saying it all along... Woodson with safety help over the top...

OWENS was a NONE FACTOR in this game... Now only if the coaching staff did this against Plaxico...

Woodson is a faster/ more athletic corner then Harris and turns back for the ball, i'm not saying Harris is bad, but the way the coaching staff had T.O. on lockdown was very impressive.

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:05 PM
ya shoot, we coulda been SB champs last year!

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2008, 11:06 PM
sorta sad that the Cowboys crushed the Packers without T.O. catching passes.

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:07 PM
and Crayton..

they just beat us with Austin haha

RashanGary
09-21-2008, 11:08 PM
sorta sad that the Cowboys crushed the Packers without T.O. catching passes.

Romo said after the game that the Packers were rushing the passer on every play so they just took what the defense gave them and ran the ball.

It was a game plan thing. I think defensively it was a good game plan but the offense has to score more than 9 points in 3 quarters.

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
ya, kicking 3 FG's when u knew we were gonna have to score some points was the nail in the coffin...

texaspackerbacker
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
When you don't have the personnel to match up, you have to give up something. We played smart defense. Without the injuries, maybe we might have pulled it off. Without Harris and Bigby, though, it was tough.

oregonpackfan
09-22-2008, 01:12 AM
The bottom line about this game is: The Cowboys were simply the better team on both sides of the ball.

The Packers are very young and it is only the third game of the season. There is time for the Packers to mature and improve.

We have seen the Cowboys implode before. It could easily happen again by the end of this season.

Bretsky
09-22-2008, 07:07 AM
I've been saying it all along... Woodson with safety help over the top...

OWENS was a NONE FACTOR in this game... Now only if the coaching staff did this against Plaxico...

Woodson is a faster/ more athletic corner then Harris and turns back for the ball, i'm not saying Harris is bad, but the way the coaching staff had T.O. on lockdown was very impressive.

We used the safety to help take away Owens but that contributed to their RB's ripping us apart as well. It's a horse a piece. They were just better

pbmax
09-22-2008, 07:12 AM
I think the defense survives if the offense could have sustained more and delivered in the red zone. I have far fewer concerns about the red zone than about the offense.

One option that might need reconsidering is Chillar over Poppinga. Witten didn't seem slowed much by Chillar (this game would seem to be the reason he was signed) and he isn't as good of a run defender. But it maybe pick your poison there.