PDA

View Full Version : Jermichael Finley

texaspackerbacker
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Far be it from me to criticize Mike McCarthy. I think he has taken the Packers way beyond what anybody has a right to expect considering overall personnel. I'd really like to see him make some use of Finley, though.

Regarding Finley, he came out early, and is very similar in potential and experience to Martellis Bennett of the Cowboys.

Bennett has been a one trick pony for the Cowboys. That big gainer he had tonight seems to be the only play they trust him on--block in a double team with the tackle, then slide to the sideline for a dump off.

Finley, however, has been a no trick pony. I wish the Packers would do something similar--not necessarily the exact same play, although that wouldn't be bad, but teach him one safe play where his athleticism can do something great--similar to Bennett, who has made that play work at least twice so far this season.

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
he's by far the most talented TE we have.. gotta be something we can get outta him other than personal fouls

BallHawk
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM
he's by far the most talented TE we have..

Um......what? :shock:

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Um......what? :shock:

athletically he is by far more talented than Lee or Humphrey

this guy is a freak athlete.. like a vernon davis type

but hes raw

mission
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM
he's by far the most fucking retarded TE we have also...

that personal foul... im sorry but a rookie losing his cool in a situation like that right in front of the ref; hitting the guy in the head... come on you moron. what are you gonna do, hurt him? he has a helmet on ... man i was so pissed at him.

if you're in the heat of the battle play in and play out i understand... but when you're a rookie only seeing ST, you dont have much margin for mental errors and that's exactly what that was.

Pacopete4
09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
whats funny about that is.. he ripped off one guys helmet and didnt get flagged so he runs back into the group and then gets flagged for something completely different... what an idiot!

he'll really enjoy film come tomorrow

texaspackerbacker
09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
I didn't see any second incident after the helmet thing. He got pushed well after the play, reached out and grabbed something as he was going down--that just happened to be the guy's helmet. I call that a clear cut case of the second foul getting penalized.

It could be called a stupid play, but it probably should have been at least offsetting penalties.

mission
09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
whats funny about that is.. he ripped off one guys helmet and didnt get flagged so he runs back into the group and then gets flagged for something completely different... what an idiot!

films with my old coach on that play ...

"if you ever do anything like that again you will never ever ever ever see the fucking field again. i dont give a fuck what the situation is."

Pacopete4
09-22-2008, 12:01 AM

films with my old coach on that play ...

"if you ever do anything like that again you will never ever ever ever see the fucking field again. i dont give a fuck what the situation is."

wouldn't surprise me if they say the same thing to him... at least they should

mission
09-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't see any second incident after the helmet thing. He got pushed well after the play, reached out and grabbed something as he was going down--that just happened to be the guy's helmet. I call that a clear cut case of the second foul getting penalized.

It could be called a stupid play, but it probably should have been at least offsetting penalties.

Al Michaels said the same thing. Right after the play when the officials were breaking it up, dude reached across the face of the ref and gave him a closed-fist slap on the side of the helmet. With the the ref right in between them! It was half a second into the replay...

Then dumbass Michaels is all "gee John, I didnt see the penalty there"

You kidding? He punched a guy... lol

Was horrible timing.

3irty1
09-22-2008, 07:39 AM

Al Michaels said the same thing. Right after the play when the officials were breaking it up, dude reached across the face of the ref and gave him a closed-fist slap on the side of the helmet. With the the ref right in between them! It was half a second into the replay...

Then dumbass Michaels is all "gee John, I didnt see the penalty there"

You kidding? He punched a guy... lol

Was horrible timing.

No matter what he shouldn't have been there. Get off the damn field when the play is over.

SkinBasket
09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
he's by far the most fucking retarded TE we have also...

A much more accurate assessment.

CaliforniaCheez
09-22-2008, 09:22 AM
As my Dad would say "He's green as grass."

As I say "There is something funny that happen between drafting a great prospect and training camp. They become dumb rookies."

This kind of experience is necessary for his learning.

Jordy Nelson with the catches at the end turning into the field rather than getting out of bounds. Not as dumb but he will learn.

I would like to see some of these guys become solid veterans.

Zool
09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm shocked no one has mentioned Jackson going out of bounds short of the first down marker on 4th down. He didn't even turn it up field.

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2008, 09:57 AM

My vote would go to Donald Lee.

DonHutson
09-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Was Finley even active the first two weeks? With all apologies to Dennis Green, he is what we thought he was... a project.

Hopefully by this time next year, he'll make himself useful. Until then, I don't expect much.

rbaloha1
09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Finley is incredibly athletic (check out the you tube videos).

Recall a TE screen the Packers ran in preseason which Finley displayed good skills.

IMO Finley needs to be unleashed. Just having Finley run the deep middle opens up the underneath routes.

KYPack
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM

As I say "There is something funny that happen between drafting a great prospect and training camp. They become dumb rookies."

"Greener than goose shit" is the proper term.

Rookies are a necessary evil. This appears to be a good kid who is dumber than a box of rocks. He can't block a lick, but Lee ain't exactly Mke Diitka

Rookies don't listen to coaches, they think the coaches are stupid. The boys will straighten him out. A kid like him will help us and hurt ya diring his first season. What the hell, he's already hurt us with some incredible stupidity. Play him, he owes us.

pbmax
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm shocked no one has mentioned Jackson going out of bounds short of the first down marker on 4th down. He didn't even turn it up field.
That play just floored me. I know what he was trying to do, but its 4th down big guy.

pbmax
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM

"Greener than goose shit" is the proper term.

Rookies are a necessary evil. This appears to be a good kid who is dumber than a box of rocks. He can't block a lick, but Lee ain't exactly Mke Diitka

Rookies don't listen to coaches, they think the coaches are stupid. The boys will straighten him out. A kid like him will help us and hurt ya diring his first season. What the hell, he's already hurt us with some incredible stupidity. Play him, he owes us.
It would be almost easier to forgive if he had been hyper-aggressive. But he was basically in the wrong place, at the wrong time with his hand on the wrong helmet. Cannot do any good there.

DonHutson
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Finley is incredibly athletic (check out the you tube videos).

Recall a TE screen the Packers ran in preseason which Finley displayed good skills.

IMO Finley needs to be unleashed. Just having Finley run the deep middle opens up the underneath routes.

The NFL is full of guys who are incredibly athletic. If you don't know how to play the game, you won't find your way on to the field very often.