PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score: Packers at Buccaneers

mmmdk
09-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Always a tough game; especially in hot Tampa. Packers haven't been clicking but are 2-1 (mostly OL & off. play calling). OL & running game ain't smooth. D is solid but if I was playing the Packers - I'd stay with run.

Bucs 24 Packers 23

Packers are fine though & should be hungry for victory next home game.

mmmdk
09-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Now add first time starter at CB.

channtheman
09-22-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm just not sensing that we lose this one. I think the Packers are better than the Bucs and McCarthy opens the game up for Rodgers some more after the crappy calling against the Cowboys. Packers roll 28 - 17 with a late TD by the Bucs making it look closer than it is.

BF4MVP
09-23-2008, 12:33 AM
31-13 Packers..Griese is not a good quarterback and the Bucs aren't a good team..So I expect the Pack to win this one by quite a bit..Of course, anything can happen, especially since it's at The New Sombrero..

mmmdk
09-23-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm just not sensing that we lose this one. I think the Packers are better than the Bucs and McCarthy opens the game up for Rodgers some more after the crappy calling against the Cowboys. Packers roll 28 - 17 with a late TD by the Bucs making it look closer than it is.

I always worry prior to Packer games; I seem to focus on opponent's strength more than our own.

We are dinged up pretty good though! And if Graham & Dunn can run...here I go again :lol:

GBRulz
09-23-2008, 08:37 AM
The Packers have never won at Raymond James. Then again, Dallas has never won at Lambeau before Sunday night.

I expect a close game, but I'll say 27 - 24 Packers.

TennesseePackerBacker
09-23-2008, 11:56 AM
You guys are guessing way too high of totals. The Bucs defense is pretty good, however the offense isn't that great.

Packers 17 Bucs 13

channtheman
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM

I always worry prior to Packer games; I seem to focus on opponent's strength more than our own.

We are dinged up pretty good though! And if Graham & Dunn can run...here I go again :lol:

Just try not to worry. This year we are better than the Bucs and will beat the Bucs. Someone just mentioned that we have never won at Raymond James and how the Cowboys had previously never won at Lambeau. All those tidbits really have no affect on whether we win or not. In the past times we played there we would make mistakes and let Tampa win. I don't think that happens this year.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2008, 02:22 PM
The Packer offense will be looking for redemption and get it. Plus they will be a bit healthier. 35-21 packers.

Packers4Ever
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
31-13 Packers..Griese is not a good quarterback and the Bucs aren't a good team..So I expect the Pack to win this one by quite a bit..Of course, anything can happen, especially since it's at The New Sombrero..

WHOA, B, we caught Bob Griese over the weekend and I thought he looked pretty darn good, at least while we saw him.

However, I'll stick my neck out and say Pack 24, Bucs 18 :roll:
Always gunshy after a loss....

cheesner
09-23-2008, 02:43 PM
30-17 Packers

GrnBay007
09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
The Packers have never won at Raymond James. Then again, Dallas has never won at Lambeau before Sunday night.

Actually they have. In 2003 20-13. I had to check to be sure but I remember some really cool highlights from that game on the 2003 season highlights tape I have. The Bucs had some big streak going on sacks in every game and that game also ended their streak.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2003/11/19/4/

GBRulz
09-23-2008, 10:17 PM

Actually they have. In 2003 20-13. I had to check to be sure but I remember some really cool highlights from that game on the 2003 season highlights tape I have. The Bucs had some big streak going on sacks in every game and that game also ended their streak.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2003/11/19/4/

My bad! I thought the last time they played there was when Sapp put that hit on Clifton in 'o2?

GrnBay007
09-23-2008, 10:22 PM
My bad! I thought the last time they played there was when Sapp put that hit on Clifton in 'o2?

That was terrible. But wasn't it something seeing old MS wanting to take on Sapp? It was like.....wait a minute, is this really happening? lol

GBRulz
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
haha... I know. To sacrifice getting his bowling shirt dirty, even !! :lol:

mmmdk
09-23-2008, 11:31 PM

Just try not to worry. This year we are better than the Bucs and will beat the Bucs. Someone just mentioned that we have never won at Raymond James and how the Cowboys had previously never won at Lambeau. All those tidbits really have no affect on whether we win or not. In the past times we played there we would make mistakes and let Tampa win. I don't think that happens this year.

Ok...can I kick your butt if Packers lose? :lol:

oregonpackfan
09-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Packers 27-24 in a close one.

The Packers need to start hydrating around Thursday so they don't wilt in the Florida heat.

BF4MVP
09-24-2008, 01:16 AM

WHOA, B, we caught Bob Griese over the weekend and I thought he looked pretty darn good, at least while we saw him.

Pretty darn good? Last game he threw 3 interceptions and his QB rating was 66. That's pretty bad. 8-)

Brian Griese isn't a good quarterback, IMO.

channtheman
09-24-2008, 03:01 AM

Ok...can I kick your butt if Packers lose? :lol:

IF we lose you can bump this thread and I'll eat my share of crow.

*prays this thread isn't bumped because that means Packers lose*

Tarlam!
09-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Bucs 24 Packers 23

What is it with you, M, ? You always predict a loss. Ever heard of Admiral Stockdale??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Stockdale

Now, come back to me with some "reality" !!

AtlPackFan
09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Bucs 17, Packers 13

Badgepack
09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Packers - 34
Bucs - 24

mmmdk
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Bucs 24 Packers 23

What is it with you, M, ? You always predict a loss. Ever heard of Admiral Stockdale??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Stockdale

Now, come back to me with some "reality" !!

No worries, Tar! I predicted a win over Lions... :lol: It's a week to week thing; last season I went 11-5 on my predictions with Packers...a kool-aider would've gone 13-3...in 2005, 2006 I had 10+ spot on Packer picks. A kool-aider would've had 4 & 8 respectively. With that said; I could probably never get 13+ Packer picks in a season right as I tend to worry, or rather, I have a reverse psycology thing going :wink:

mmmdk
09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Also, whenever I feel strongly about a Packers win - they lose! This dates back to the SB loss to Denver & our latest heartbreaker loss at Lambeau in january.

I even guaranteed a win back in 2006 vs Rams, the game I attended, I remember it made you happy! WE LOST!!

My strong felt predictions doesn't go Packers way; I always want a Packer win; I just don't want to jinx!

I am scared sh!tless about my week 5 prediction :shock: Actually, this is online lingo - I'm not really scared sh!tless :lol: This is just the Packer craze in me!

PS - My week 4 prediction is just "another day at the office pick from me"; not a strong one :lol:

The Shadow
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Packers 27
Bucs 13

Bossman641
09-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Packers 31-17 over Bucs. This Bucs D isn't as good as prior ones. Barber isn't the same, neither is Brooks.

Iron Mike
09-24-2008, 05:40 PM
http://images.packers.com/images/history/story/1992-coaches.jpg

Check out Chucky in 1992.....doesn't he look like Sam J. Jones as Flash Gordon??

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/beifuss/flashgordon10.web.jpg

hurleyfan
09-24-2008, 05:52 PM

Check out Chucky in 1992.....doesn't he look like Sam J. Jones as Flash Gordon??

That's QUITE the "family" coaching tree!

Joemailman
09-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Packers have gone 24 straight games without losing consecutively.

Packers 24

Bucs 16

Tyrone Bigguns
09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Someone shoulda told the staff that socks are to match your trousers, not your shoes.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Imma go with 24-17 Pack.

And now my posting cherry has been popped.

mmmdk
09-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Imma go with 24-17 Pack.

Welcome power ranger :D

Kyle.McCarroll
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Imma go with 24-17 Pack.

Welcome power ranger :D

Thanks bro. Good to be here.

texaspackerbacker
09-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Time to win one that isn't close.

Tampa is nothing like Dallas O or D. There offense is nothing even like the Lions.

I saw a hint of last year's burst from Grant, even though the Cowboys stopped him downfield. I think he has a big game in Tampa. I also think Rodgers continues his steady high quality play.

Packers 34-10.

gbgary
09-24-2008, 09:31 PM

we hardly ever blow people out and when it looks like we might we cramp up and make it a nail biter. the heat will slow us down too. i see another semi-frustrating win. 23-19

Packers4Ever
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Pretty darn good? Last game he threw 3 interceptions and his QB rating was 66. That's pretty bad. 8-)

Brian Griese isn't a good quarterback, IMO.

We'll see, hard to judge over 1 game and maybe BG was the only QB out there for Gruden at the time. Rodgers is my man anyway :tup: unless Favre is around.
Enjoy the game !

oregonpackfan
09-24-2008, 11:55 PM

Check out how lean the "Walrus" Mike Holmgren looks in this photo! He has packed on quite a few pounds since then.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2008, 12:37 AM

Check out how lean the "Walrus" Mike Holmgren looks in this photo! He has packed on quite a few pounds since then.

Damn, then look at Andy Reid!! And is the M3 standing next to Gruden on the steps?? :lol: What a who's who of coaches though, damn.

Anyway, The Packers are still 20-5 in their last 25 games including the Giant loss. Not impossible, but I doubt we lose this one. Greise's arm will be sore (not that it matters) and the Pack will be mad looking to put on a show.

Pack 34 Bucs 21...lots of offense. Arod shines and maybe Lumps gets some big carries (hopes....).

Fosco33
09-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I was disappointed after last week's loss.

Our secondary looked lost - and we face a squad that passed all over the Bears last week. I haven't seen much from our running game. That - and Griese has had our number for the last 4 games.

It will be close - and could go either way (one of those games where penalties and close ref calls will impact it). It also appears Bucs K Matt Bryant will play (and could have a great or terrible game)...

...so

20-17

Just not sure who comes out on top.

Rastak
09-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Packers 17 Bucs 24

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
And is the M3 standing next to Gruden on the steps?? :lol: What a who's who of coaches though, damn.

i believe that is Gil Haskel next to Gruden.

What shocks me most of all is seeing Sherm Lewis sober!! I would see that guy out all the time drunk off his rocker.