PDA

View Full Version : The Zen of Pondering Statistics

CaliforniaCheez
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
As you meditate upon the game consider the following stats for the season.

Aaron Rodgers 8th in the league in passer rating and 5th in yards. Some spiked balls caused his completion percentage to drop and he is 12th in the league. Pass plays over 20 yards and over 40 yards he is tied for first in the league.
He is tied for 8th in TD passes. Yards per attempt tied for 7th in the league.

Jennings is 4th in the league in receptions, 1st in receiving yards, tied for 6th in the number of receiving 1st downs.

Kampmann is tied for second in the league in sacks. Jenkins is tied for 14th and AJ Hawk is tied for 17th.

Nick Collins and Charles Woodson are tied for 4th in the league in INT's. Bigby is tied for 11th.

Crosby is tied for 9th in scoring.

Overall the Packers have the 8th best Offense and are tied for 2 in the turnover ratio at a plus 4. 7th best passing team and 15th best rushing team.

The Defense is 27th. 26th against the rush and 22nd against the pass. Yikes!!

KYPack
09-22-2008, 11:13 AM
The Defense is 27th. 26th against the rush and 22nd against the pass. Yikes!!

Saw that mesself, this AM. I was gonna post it, but could hardly bring myself to do it.

That's a big Sheesh!

We're down there in Bengal-Texan land on defense.

Time to head back to the bat cave, lick our wounds, and regroup.

packers11
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I can't bieleve Jennings is blowing away people in the yardage mark :!:

Top 5 :

Jennings : 373
B Marshall : 321
Larry Fitz : 276
Santana Moss : 276

CaliforniaCheez
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
25th in scoring defense.

3 games. One against a good team, One against a bad team, and one against a mediocre team. Good statistical sample.

pbmax
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I think the Vikings are more than mediocre on offense. And total scoring is a bad indicator due to late game strategy. With a lead against two decent offenses, they were going to throw it until there was no time left on the clock. I don't think our D is in the bottom third of the league.

Still, the overall point is valid; the D isn't dominating anyone so far. Its been average at best.

bobblehead
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
2-1...the only stat that really matters and I believe it is indicative of the team. We got worn down by the best in the NFC and lost, but we handled the vikes easily and the lions were only close cuz we got sloppy. We are disciplined for the most part and we will win a lot of games this year, but not a superbowl contender at this point.