PDA

View Full Version : Predict The Packers Record ... The Rest of The Year

ThunderDan
09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Now that we are 3 weeks into the season I think we have seen enough of the NFL teams to make a lot better assessment than in mid-summer.

I was running thru the schedule and think 12-4 is possible.

I see us winning the next 3 before lossing to Indy and Tenn. After that we win the next 5 before lossing to a Jacksonville team that will need a win that week to get into the playoffs. Then its Chicago and Detroit to finish the season on a 2 game win streak before the playoffs.

Rosey? Yes but I can easily see this scenario happening.

mmmdk
09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
We need to get healthy and OL put their sh!t together. Max protection smells like 2006 and run game only kicks off when other D is guessing. 10-6.

12-4? I'll take it though :P

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I see no reason whatsoever why they SHOULD lose to anybody remaining on the regular schedule. The one probable "should lose" game we just lost.

Nevertheless, running the table, 13-0 the rest of the way falls into the too good to be true category.

I think they will slip up once, maybe twice, and finish 14-2 or 13-3.

BF4MVP
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I predict double digits..11 to 13 is my guess...They have a lot of very winnable games on the schedule..It remains to be seen whether they will take advantage of that.

MTPackerfan
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I am thinking 10 - 11 wins also. There really is no reason they can't beat the rest of the teams they face but I don't think we are strong enough to do that.

channtheman
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions

Here is the Packers remaining schedule.

At Tampa could be tough but we should win that as well as the next 2 games. The Colts have looked crappy but if Peyton gets out of his funk we may lose that game as well. I say we go 4-0 up until the bye.

After that the stretch at Tennessee and at Minnesota could be tough. I think we split those with the loss being at Tennessee like we always seem to do. We should win the next 4 games before possibly losing in Jacksonville and then finish out the last 2 games with wins.

So 2 more losses to finish 13-3. I could however see us slipping up in one more divisional game, probably at Minnesota or at Chicago. I the Packers win at least 11 games but should be around 13. Again, I wouldn't be surprised with 1 more loss to a divisional opponent to finish 12-4.

mission
09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm saying 11-5 but like Chann said we should be more like 13-3

packerbacker1234
09-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Going to be tough. Though, we may be winning late and if that is the case, I think our D can hold it. So - W
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons Tough call. There defense is improved - and have you seen Michael Turner? The guys is running like he actually is LT. Plus, Ryan has played pretty well. At home... No Al Harris ends up being the difference, with a late play action TD pass. L
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks - Seattle finds themselves in a must win situation as the niners are off to a strong start. Rodgers has the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left and over throws a guy on 4th and 8 at his own 40 to end the game. L
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts - W. No reason really, cept we'll need it to get back on track, and have you watched Manning? He isn't the same guy anymore.
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans - On the road, good running team, very good defensive team. Rodgers and Grant are stifled, they get 150 yards rushing and two td's to beat us 14 - 10. L
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings Peterson is healthy, and fiesty veteran QB somehow got Minnesota back in the hunt. Someone from the pack get's hurt, and we lose the game due to 3 AP TD runs. L
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears - W. I hate the bears, it's a must win game, and were at home. Plus, Kyle Orton. Enough said.
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints - Toss up. Two pretty good offenses. Our D may give us the edge, but we are on the road. So, it's anyone's game.
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers - If Delohme isn't hurt - We lose. If he is, we win. So, toss up?
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans - W. Do I need to explain the reasoning?
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars Must win for both teams, but we come up short on hte road.
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears - Magically, we beat them again, mostly because the bears suck, and conservative play works well in cold games. W
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions - Ok, the suck - W.

So, I have us sitting with 7 wins at this point, and two swing games.

Prediction ends up 9 -7 and playoff bound as I am a homer - but it could be 7 - 9 just as easily.

Remember, we've beaten NOBODY yet, and our schedule is brutal.

ThunderDan
09-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Going to be tough. Though, we may be winning late and if that is the case, I think our D can hold it. So - W
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons Tough call. There defense is improved - and have you seen Michael Turner? The guys is running like he actually is LT. Plus, Ryan has played pretty well. At home... No Al Harris ends up being the difference, with a late play action TD pass. L
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks - Seattle finds themselves in a must win situation as the niners are off to a strong start. Rodgers has the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left and over throws a guy on 4th and 8 at his own 40 to end the game. L
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts - W. No reason really, cept we'll need it to get back on track, and have you watched Manning? He isn't the same guy anymore.
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans - On the road, good running team, very good defensive team. Rodgers and Grant are stifled, they get 150 yards rushing and two td's to beat us 14 - 10. L
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings Peterson is healthy, and fiesty veteran QB somehow got Minnesota back in the hunt. Someone from the pack get's hurt, and we lose the game due to 3 AP TD runs. L
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears - W. I hate the bears, it's a must win game, and were at home. Plus, Kyle Orton. Enough said.
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints - Toss up. Two pretty good offenses. Our D may give us the edge, but we are on the road. So, it's anyone's game.
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers - If Delohme isn't hurt - We lose. If he is, we win. So, toss up?
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans - W. Do I need to explain the reasoning?
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars Must win for both teams, but we come up short on hte road.
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears - Magically, we beat them again, mostly because the bears suck, and conservative play works well in cold games. W
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions - Ok, the suck - W.

So, I have us sitting with 7 wins at this point, and two swing games.

Prediction ends up 9 -7 and playoff bound as I am a homer - but it could be 7 - 9 just as easily.

Remember, we've beaten NOBODY yet, and our schedule is brutal.

I just don't see it.

Atlanta has beaten KC and Detroit got crushed by an average Tampa Bay team. You have us beating TB on the road but losing at home to a team TB beat. Doesn't make sense. At Lambeau we win.

The Seahags have only been able to beat Saint Louis.

As long as Childress is MN head coach that's a win. I was so glad when the Eagles took him off of the Badgers staff.

Carolina again is at Lambeau late November. No way do we lose.

MJZiggy
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm not making any kind of prediction 'til I know what's wrong with Al Harris. (I never do anyway, but that's beside the point.)

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Ever notice how the people predicting worse records don't say which ones they think we will lose?

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Jeremy Shockey is out 4-6 weeks. That means the Vikings will miss playing Colston and Shockey, so New Orleans is suddenly looking less intimidating for them. Both will likely be back long before the Packers play New Orleans.

Chubbyhubby
09-23-2008, 12:03 AM
We need to get our running game on track. Grant losing that fumble to start the game I lost my cookies and didn't feel very good throughout that game against the 'Boys. With that said I say 10-6 winning the NFCN

mmmdk
09-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Jeremy Shockey is out 4-6 weeks. That means the Vikings will miss playing Colston and Shockey, so New Orleans is suddenly looking less intimidating for them. Both will likely be back long before the Packers play New Orleans.

Shockey? HA! OH...Chillar is covering him, is that it? :roll:

Brohm
09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I origninally thought 10, 11 wins. I'm thinking 12-4 now. Even if we lose Al, I think the team rallys. May be I'm just a homer but I don't see a lot of "suck" in the team, just a lot of youth. As long as that youth keeps tryng and does not quit, they can only get better.

channtheman
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Sun., Sept. 28 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sun., Oct. 5 Atlanta Falcons
Sun., Oct. 12 @ Seattle Seahawks
Sun., Oct. 19 Indianapolis Colts
Sun., Oct. 26 Open Date
Sun., Nov. 2 @ Tennessee Titans
Sun., Nov. 9 @ Minnesota Vikings
Sun., Nov. 16 Chicago Bears
Mon., Nov. 24 @ New Orleans Saints
Sun., Nov. 30 Carolina Panthers
Sun., Dec. 7 Houston Texans
Sun., Dec. 14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Mon., Dec. 22 @ Chicago Bears
Sun., Dec. 28 Detroit Lions

Here is the Packers remaining schedule.

At Tampa could be tough but we should win that as well as the next 2 games. The Colts have looked crappy but if Peyton gets out of his funk we may lose that game as well. I say we go 4-0 up until the bye.

After that the stretch at Tennessee and at Minnesota could be tough. I think we split those with the loss being at Tennessee like we always seem to do. We should win the next 4 games before possibly losing in Jacksonville and then finish out the last 2 games with wins.

So 2 more losses to finish 13-3. I could however see us slipping up in one more divisional game, probably at Minnesota or at Chicago. I the Packers win at least 11 games but should be around 13. Again, I wouldn't be surprised with 1 more loss to a divisional opponent to finish 12-4.

If we keep playing how we've been playing, after looking at the schedule I think we will be lucky to win 2 more games (Houston and Detroit).