PDA

View Full Version : MNF thread

Zool
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I cant tell from the pre-game. Is Brett Favre playing tonight??

Rastak
09-22-2008, 07:18 PM

LOL, I am not watching the pregame but I can only imagine.

MOBB DEEP
09-22-2008, 07:38 PM

its as it SHOULD be...

Rastak
09-22-2008, 07:40 PM

its as it SHOULD be...

Not really, it's a team game. The media beats the Favre story to death and has for 10 years.

MOBB DEEP
09-22-2008, 07:50 PM

its as it SHOULD be...

Not really, it's a team game. The media beats the Favre story to death and has for 10 years.

y do u think that is???

packers11
09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Ahmad Carroll sighting :lol:

Rastak
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM

its as it SHOULD be...

y do u think that is???

It's an interesting story so they tilt everything that way. What else would it be?

Guiness
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
And the alternative would be...they decided to sit him down? lol

Rastak
09-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Aye yi yi.....Favre should have given up a pick six there.....

packers11
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM

yup... the chargers just got a fumble recovery and punched it in for a TD.

Rastak
09-22-2008, 08:15 PM

Much to my great happiness. I entered the game in my money league down by 3. I have Kaeding and my opponent is done. I just won my third straight.

Back to your regularly scheduled game....

ThunderDan
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Much to my great happiness. I entered the game in my money league down by 3. I have Kaeding and my opponent is done. I just won my third straight.

Back to your regularly scheduled game....

Until SD tries a fake FG and Kaeding throws an INT. LOL

MOBB DEEP
09-22-2008, 08:29 PM
foolish on side kick att

packers11
09-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Favre with 2 INTS already :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey, Favre has a TD tonight. What a playmaker. Of course, he's thrown two interceptions that have dearly cost his team--and is a main reason his team has given up 31 points. What a playmaker.

Rastak
09-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey, Favre has a TD tonight. What a playmaker. Of course, he's thrown two interceptions that have dearly cost his team--and is a main reason his team has given up 31 points. What a playmaker.

Last year you always said it was the recievers who screwed up..... :wink:

edit: That one pick was BADDDDD....

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Last year? Probably not. When he was throwing to Taco Wallace against the Vikings in the playoffs? Probably.

He's throwing to Cotchery and Coles.

Rastak
09-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Last year? Probably not. When he was throwing to Taco Wallace against the Vikings in the playoffs? Probably.

He's throwing to Cotchery and Coles.

Don't make me go look up the threads. :lol: Whenevr someone started ripping Favre you have the reasons why it was picked.

Anyway, don't get pissed Harv, it's all in good fun. It's the AFC, do we really care other than the Jets ain't making the playoffs playing like this.

Guiness
09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
not much interest here at all - I'm a little surprised...

RIPackerFan
09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
You can tell Favre is with a new offense.

First int was just a great play. Favre threw it to the outside where you would want him to throw it - and the DB tipped it to the inside and caught it.

Second int was just a miscommunication - the receiver stopped after Favre threw the pass. It was the second time it happened today (the first should have been an int).

It will be interesting to see if he ever clicks with the recievers. Right now they are not close.

Partial
09-22-2008, 09:05 PM

Dude, you're being a pot stirrer and a sellout. Where is the Harvey who used to love Favre? Ever hear of a bad team? You've got to be kidding me. You're better than this...

pbmax
09-22-2008, 09:05 PM
We have enough drama with the current team to satisfy the urge without the old QB. :lol:

packerbacker1234
09-22-2008, 09:10 PM

The one interception Cromartie wanted it more.

The other? A total and complete miscommunication between the QB and WR. He isn't playing that bad honestly, but he doesn't have time to get into a rythm with his new team when the jets D suddenly lost two big play makers (darrel reeves, teh guy who picked it off and took it to the house, and Jenkins, the run plugger in the middle). The Jets D has looked silly since those two went out.

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Dude, you're being a pot stirrer and a sellout. Where is the Harvey who used to love Favre? Ever hear of a bad team? You've got to be kidding me. You're better than this...

I wish the best for Brett, but I'm tired turds like you that say you can't judge Rodgers so early after the first two weeks, and then when he plays average, you state that "he's not a playmaker" and that his play was nothing special the first two weeks. Blah, blah, blah.

If Rodgers gives us 7 TDs and 1 turnover every 3 weeks, we are going to be good.

Lurker64
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I think it suffices to say that the New York Jets are not a playoff team, and that as Packer fans we should be hoping Favre stays healthy since a third is all we're going to get for him.

digitaldean

I wish the best for Brett, but I'm tired turds like you that say you can't judge Rodgers so early after the first two weeks, and then when he plays average, you state that "he's not a playmaker" and that his play was nothing special the first two weeks. Blah, blah, blah.

If Rodgers gives us 7 TDs and 1 turnover every 3 weeks, we are going to be good.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

HarveyWallbangers
I say turds with affection, but you've been as much of a pot stirrer as anyone.

And you were somebody that got as fed up with some of Favre's bad games as anyone.

packerbacker1234
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM

Unfortunately, we don't play the Vikings and Lions 2 of 3 games every batch of 3 either. And, I wouldn't even call Rodger's play "average", it was crap. Bad completion percentage, failure to get first downs, failure to get points on the board not set up by the defense.

Average? Average is a TD, no ints, couple FG's, and we lose. If that is average for AR, then the packers are in trouble. Guess what, most games, QB's play average. If average is no TD's, no int's, then we are going to try and be like the Titans - Run Run Run, Defense Defense Defense.

Lurker64
09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
The Vikings and Cowboys are probably the two best (or two of the three best) defenses we play all year.

Bossman641
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Unfortunately, we don't play the Vikings and Lions 2 of 3 games every batch of 3 either. And, I wouldn't even call Rodger's play "average", it was crap. Bad completion percentage, failure to get first downs, failure to get points on the board not set up by the defense.

Average? Average is a TD, no ints, couple FG's, and we lose. If that is average for AR, then the packers are in trouble. Guess what, most games, QB's play average. If average is no TD's, no int's, then we are going to try and be like the Titans - Run Run Run, Defense Defense Defense.

Are you serious?

The PACKERS were overmatched last night. Yea Rodgers didn't have his best game, neither did the WR's, RB's, OL, DL, LB's, or DB's. To blame that loss on him is ridiculous.

MJZiggy
09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Have you been watching at ALL the last 3 weeks? Last night may have not been the best offensive performance, but they did seem to hold their own against a good Viking D. The Cowpukes are simply a good D who had a very good game. Yeesh. You'd think Rodgers played 3 years of crap ball to hear you people talk.

Zool
09-22-2008, 09:28 PM
The Vikings and Cowboys are probably the two best (or two of the three best) defenses we play all year.

Throw the Titans and Jags in there and I'd agree. The Cowboys have the best secondary we should see all season. Hell Adam Jones is their nickel back.

Charles Woodson

Are you serious?

The PACKERS were overmatched last night. Yea Rodgers didn't have his best game, neither did the WR's, RB's, OL, DL, LB's, or DB's. To blame that loss on him is ridiculous.

I agree, i'll cut A-rod some slack, mainly because hes played well the first 2 weeks. To expect A-rod to never have a bad game is unfair, especially when were playing one of the best teams in the league.

Partial

Tell that to Jax, Tenn, and Chicago. IMO they're middle of the road of what we play this year.

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 09:29 PM
The Jets are just over matched. It happens. Everyone loves to prop up the QB like he did it all in a win and rip him to shreds when he loses. The longer I watch football the more I believe it's the ulitmate team sport. This is not a knock on Favre because he's obviously one of the games all time most exciting players but I think he took way too much credit on a lot of really good Packer teams and took way too much blame when he quarterbacked the really bad 2005 team.

The NY media is going to start ripping him to shreds. It's unfair, but googly eyed, star stuck fans really believe it's all about one guy. It's great when you're on a winning team. Everyone thinks you are the son of god and for a lot of years Favre got a lot of credit for some pretty talented teams. Unfortunately for him, I think he's going to take a lot of nasy criticism and blame for a team that isn't quite good enough in a situation where he's really not mentally ready.

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Geeze, he just looks old. He probably should have just retired.

Partial
09-22-2008, 09:32 PM

There is more to being a quarterback than good stats. If we let teams back in the game after a spectacular offensive performance in the first half, we're having good stats and a bad game.

I've been fair in my assessment saying he has played well. Hell, I gave him A's throughout the preseason other than 49ers, and so far throughout the season. But, so far he hasn't shown me the it factor where you think he can just go off and single-handedly dismantle a team. Last night we needed a playmaker and he did not step up.

Zool
09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I was actually surprised at the stat that Favre has never brought a team back from 14points or more down. I always knew he got a little extra crazy when down big, but I thought he pulled a few out.

Zool
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
And dammit all we need a Leon Washington. Guy that should never have more than 10 carries in a game, but he can catch 5-6 passes and return kicks with huge effectiveness.

Zool
09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Chalk this up to a honk game.

mraynrand
09-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I was actually surprised at the stat that Favre has never brought a team back from 14points or more down. I always knew he got a little extra crazy when down big, but I thought he pulled a few out.

One reason: They won a lot of games, leading most of the way
Two reasons: Favre, others kept them close in a lot of games
Add those up and you don't have a huge collection of games in which Favre was down by more than 14. I'm too lazy to try and figure out how many times Favre was actually down by 14 or more.

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Bad underthrow.

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I think Favre knows better than to try and force soemthing. He seems to be lacking confidence. He'll jsut wear down teh clock and lose. IF Favre were here something spectacular would happen though.

BF4MVP
09-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Did you mean in the fourth quarter, or at any point in the game?

Because if you meant at any point in the game, then that stat's wrong..I remember the Jags game in 2001 and the Bears game in 2003..And I looked it up to make sure.

http://www.packers.com/gameday/2001/12-03/

http://www.packers.com/gameday/2003/12-07/

I don't know if there are more or not, but I don't feel like looking

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Ouch, that looked kidn of painfull for a 2 point conversion :)

Zool
09-22-2008, 09:59 PM
It was a stat thrown up by the ESPN crew. They said ever. The Jags link was 13 behind.

Edit: 14. I missed the 2pt conversion. ESPN's stat checkers suck apparently. Maybe they wanted to make Cornholser look worse?

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
had to have been 4th quarter. It seems like we were down 14 in the Seahawk game after liek 2 minutes in the playoffs.

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Favre looks good with no pressure but his escapablity is less than zero.

arcilite
09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
it said MORE than 14 pts.

RashanGary
Another onside kick?

RashanGary
it said MORE than 14 pts.

:lol: brilliant

Zool
09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Holy shit that kicker is short. I assume he represents the lollipop guild?

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Big 3rd down. I want to see Brett get teh ball back.

Iron Mike
09-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Holy shit that kicker is short. I assume he represents the lollipop guild?

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/images/lollipop_guild.jpg

One of those little MFers is still alive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Maren

Iron Mike
09-22-2008, 10:17 PM
One of those little MFers is still alive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Maren

That Sconnie Coroner Munchkin isn't looking too good anymore:

http://www.wizardofozfestival.org/meinhardt-raabe.html

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Favre is limping. We need him to get through 5 or 6 more games to get that 3rd rounder.

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
My hope is that the Jets either make the playoffs and Brett plays 60% of the snaps or they lose 9 or more games and Brett plays 50% of the games.

That way it's either an early 3rd or a late 2nd. That's not bad.

packers11
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't know what to think. ESPN's crew has been saying all night how when they talked to Favre, he misses GB, and how the fans care so much about FB and there is nothing like them. He loved the team also because they had so much excitement when big plays happened and he hasn't seen this out of the Jets yet... I think he really made a big mistake in comming back... You can just look at him tonight and that question has to be in the back of his head "What the hell was I thinking."

RashanGary
09-22-2008, 10:32 PM
The jets get to sell some seat licences and we get a draft pick. Good trade for both parties. I just hope he stays healthy so we cna get a better pick.

Guiness
09-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I didn't see the whole game, but was watching in confusion at the empty backfield during the fourth Q. I assume their starting RB got hurt, but did it really make sense to have no one back there?

In particular after all the penalties on the 2pt conversion, where they had the ball at the 1/2yd line. You don't put a back out there why? Even an FB?

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I didn't see the whole game, but was watching in confusion at the empty backfield during the fourth Q. I assume their starting RB got hurt, but did it really make sense to have no one back there?

In particular after all the penalties on the 2pt conversion, where they had the ball at the 1/2yd line. You don't put a back out there why? Even an FB?

My opinion is that the Jets knew the game was unwinnable, but used the second half (the Chargers went up 38-14 after the opening drive in the second half) to get Favre into a rhythm with his receivers. They put the extended garbage time to good use.