PDA

View Full Version : Give Al Harris Your Support

Chevelle2
09-23-2008, 08:30 AM
http://operationshutdown.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/send-your-notes-of-support-to-al/

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm willing to donate my spleen to Al.

texaspackerbacker
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
So it's sure now?

Jimx29
09-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm willing to donate my spleen to Al.Sure, try to be the nice guy by giving something that will just grow back anyway

MadtownPacker
09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Left him this message:

Al,

All of us at PackerRats wish you the best in your recovery and return to shutting down WRs all across the NFL. Your toughness and lock down defense will be sorely missed as the season goes on. Take care of yourself, we fans will be here waiting for your return this year or next.

Tarlam!
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
That was very nice of you, Mad.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm willing to donate my spleen to Al.Sure, try to be the nice guy by giving something that will just grow back anyway

the spleen is the organ associated with anger. to "vent your spleen" is to let out anger. I expect mad has two or three spleens, maybe he should donate.

it's sad that Al Harris lost a year of football. but he should recover ok.

superfan
09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Left him this message:

Al,

All of us at PackerRats wish you the best in your recovery and return to shutting down WRs all across the NFL. Your toughness and lock down defense will be sorely missed as the season goes on. Take care of yourself, we fans will be here waiting for your return this year or next.

Very solid post, Mad. Going to miss his personality along with his play, big fan of #31.

pbmax
09-23-2008, 10:09 PM
If this site is right, I hope he heeds the Packer's doctors advice and shuts it down. Have two players injured their spleens (Simms and Harris) like this in consecutive years? Almost too weird for coincidence.

Gunakor
09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
If this site is right, I hope he heeds the Packer's doctors advice and shuts it down. Have two players injured their spleens (Simms and Harris) like this in consecutive years? Almost too weird for coincidence.

Simms injury happened a couple years ago, so it wasn't in consecutive years.

I hope Harris shuts it down too. It will give himself an opportunity to fully heal, while giving the team an opportunity to advance the development of the younger guys who will eventually be called upon to fill his shoes full time. Hopefully one of the younger guys will step up to the challenge this year, and by January we will have figured out who the eventual replacement will be. Best case scenario, Harris is available to return come January and we have 3 starting caliber corners to go into the postseason with.

boiga
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Sigh.. I haven't been able to look anything related to football since the game. Al Harris has been my favorite Packer, and it's hard to imagine going forward this season without him.

Good luck Al.

Fosco33
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Al's reply:

Dear friends and fans - As you know, I'm waiting for additional opinions on
my spleen injury. While I wait on more information, I wanted to send you an
email to personally thank you for posting your note of support on my Web
site.

The outpouring of encouragement and support from fans has been
overwhelming. I was both stunned and honored by your wishes of good luck
and your genuine concern for my health. Your responses confirm what I
already knew: Packers fans are the best on the planet.

Of course I'm itching to get back on the field. But for now, I'm following
doctors' orders and resting up until we get additional opinions and can
determine our next step.

Thank you again for all of your support, your prayers and your positive
thoughts. I am 100% dedicated to the city of Green Bay, the Packers
organization, and you, the fans. Knowing that, I will do everything in my
power to return to the football field in 2008.

Tarlam!
09-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Al's reply:

Totally classy.

texaspackerbacker
09-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Is that reply from Harris for real? If so, classy is the right word. Hopefully he WILL be back in 8 weeks or so. That would leave 6 games to play--plus the playoffs.

Now, it's time to start showing some support for Williams and Blackmon, who need to do the job 'til Harris's return.

You know, if it really does work out that way, the Packers will be better off at Corner come playoff time than last season--a fresher Harris and much more experience for Williams and Blackmon.

oregonpackfan
09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm willing to donate my spleen to Al.

Now that is a sign of a true Packer fan! 8-)

Now, as a patriotic American, will you be donating your entire life's savings to help out the country's financial woes? :lol:

theeaterofshades
09-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Yep it is called a tax increase.... We will all be donating our life savings to help save the banks where we used to keep our life savings from going under! lol

Kyle.McCarroll
09-26-2008, 10:14 AM
He can count on me for support. I'm like a training bra.

MJZiggy
09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Is that reply from Harris for real? If so, classy is the right word. Hopefully he WILL be back in 8 weeks or so. That would leave 6 games to play--plus the playoffs.

Now, it's time to start showing some support for Williams and Blackmon, who need to do the job 'til Harris's return.

You know, if it really does work out that way, the Packers will be better off at Corner come playoff time than last season--a fresher Harris and much more experience for Williams and Blackmon.

Yes, Tex, the reply is for real. I got a copy of it and it comes from his website, which has medical updates and they posted the latest docs report.

3irty1.com