PDA

View Full Version : "The One" released

KYPack
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
One of recently canned Lion GM Matt Millen's building blocks was Joey Harrington. Harrington was but one of a series of building blocks that were seriously flawed and never produced.

How ironic on the day fat matt was shown the door, one of the guys that lead to his firing is released also.

Roster changes for the New Orleans Saints

The Saints released recently signed quarterback Joey Harrington and replaced him on the roster with tight end Sean Ryan.

Piano Joe's Saint "career" was about a week.

Too bad his Lion career wasn't just a week also.

cpk1994
09-24-2008, 04:33 PM
But Joey is a savior. Tank said it so it has to be true. He probably is crying in front of his Harrington posters in his mothers basment right now. :)

Bossman641
09-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I have this crazy theory that Harrington is the chosen one for the Packers. They will sign him in 2011, he will lead us to multiple SB wins, and will break Favre's record of 3 MVP's before he retires.

cpk1994
09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
I have this crazy theory that Harrington is the chosen one for the Packers. They will sign him in 2011, he will lead us to multiple SB wins, and will break Favre's record of 3 MVP's before he retires.Hi Tank! :)

hurleyfan
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
It's a tough situation, and I feel bad for Joey..

Here's a young kid that came into a very tough situation (high draft pick, the good looks, lots of credentials) and was in a can't win spot..

I surely don't see the Pack picking him up in 2011, but I have to wish him good luck..

Pacopete4
09-24-2008, 05:29 PM
as much as i feel for him that he'l never get to get back on top most likely.. but i cant feel bad for a guy with millions of dollars in the bank and not really working hard for it like the common man

hurleyfan
09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
but i cant feel bad for a guy with millions of dollars in the bank and not really working hard for it like the common man

Didn't say I felt bad for the guy :wink: :wink:

Working hard for it?? How many times was he sacked over the first few years?

falco
09-24-2008, 05:56 PM
sure athletes may get paid a ton, but they work their asses off for it and also pay for it a bit later in life

while i agree that rookie signing bonuses are outrageous, i don't think the rest of the nfl wages are improper

BallHawk
09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, maybe he'll have a career in music.

KYPack
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM

Here's a young kid that came into a very tough situation (high draft pick, the good looks, lots of credentials) and was in a can't win spot..

I surely don't see the Pack picking him up in 2011, but I have to wish him good luck..

No, not 2011. It was supposed to be the year 1 AF.

BTW, Paco, sounds like you are a tad jealous of these guys. eh?

KYPack
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
But Joey is a savior. Tank said it so it has to be true. He probably is crying in front of his Harrington posters in his mothers basment right now. :)

The Joey poster was on the ceiling of Tank's bedroom next to the one of Shermie.

MJZiggy
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Jiminy Christmas, I come home from work and the world's gone all flippy on me... :huh:

oregonpackfan
09-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I was surprised he lasted only a week. Being with the Saints was the first time in his pro career that he was with a competitive team. He started with Detroit, then to Miami, then to Atlanta after the Michael Vick debacle.

I suspect his pro career is over. He will probably do well in his post-NFL career. Joey's from a solid family here in Portland. If he does not pursue a career in music(he is an accomplished jazz pianist), he will probably be successful in some endeavor. Harrington possesses many positive character traits.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Funny thing was just a few weeks ago when Joey was Unrestricted, ESPN did a poll of personell men around the NFL and they said Joey was hands-down the best QB available. Wow. End Post.

channtheman
09-25-2008, 02:56 AM

I always hate to see guys like that. They come into the NFL on top of the world and just never pan out. Guys like Harrington, Grossman to an extent (he did lead the Bears to a Superbowl), and Alex Smith. Not Leinart, he just sucks. For whatever reason, be it they are on a crappy team (Lions) or their team gets a new offensive coordinator every year he plays they can't grasp the speed of the game quick enough.

I used to think just toss the QB into the fire and let him learn. Peyton was able to do it pretty well, wasn't he? But after seeing Rodgers get much better sitting (yeah it was Favre but still) I think it is much better to let them sit for a while and learn. I think that Matt Leinart could see improvement by sitting and learning from Warner ala Rodgers.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2008, 03:01 AM

I always hate to see guys like that. They come into the NFL on top of the world and just never pan out. Guys like Harrington, Grossman to an extent (he did lead the Bears to a Superbowl), and Alex Smith. Not Leinart, he just sucks. For whatever reason, be it they are on a crappy team (Lions) or their team gets a new offensive coordinator every year he plays they can't grasp the speed of the game quick enough.

I used to think just toss the QB into the fire and let him learn. Peyton was able to do it pretty well, wasn't he? But after seeing Rodgers get much better sitting (yeah it was Favre but still) I think it is much better to let them sit for a while and learn. I think that Matt Leinart could see improvement by sitting and learning from Warner ala Rodgers.

In my life, I'm surrounded by Bear fans, but WTF, let's be real, the D and Hester led the Bears to greatness. Grossman will be out of the NFL in 2 years. I prayed, just FUCKING prayed we didn't pick him a few years ago. Immature punk with a weak arm. We don't need those punks unless they get drafted by division rivals. All my Bear buddies FINALLY can acknowledge Grossman sucks.My boss (a HUGE bears fan bet me $50 last year Grossman would end up with a better 2007 QB rating then Favre...yeah that went well). :lol:

KYPack
09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
I suspect his pro career is over. He will probably do well in his post-NFL career. Joey's from a solid family here in Portland. If he does not pursue a career in music(he is an accomplished jazz pianist), he will probably be successful in some endeavor. Harrington possesses many positive character traits.

I think Joey would make a helluva interior decorator.

channtheman
09-25-2008, 01:38 PM

In my life, I'm surrounded by Bear fans, but WTF, let's be real, the D and Hester led the Bears to greatness. Grossman will be out of the NFL in 2 years. I prayed, just FUCKING prayed we didn't pick him a few years ago. Immature punk with a weak arm. We don't need those punks unless they get drafted by division rivals. All my Bear buddies FINALLY can acknowledge Grossman sucks.My boss (a HUGE bears fan bet me $50 last year Grossman would end up with a better 2007 QB rating then Favre...yeah that went well). :lol:

That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that yeah he isn't a good QB but he is different from the others who just flat out failed in that he was able to be on a Superbowl team as the starting QB. I know he isn't good and that's what I'm getting at.

NewsBruin
09-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Unless they caught him spanking it to a Jerry Glanville photo in the shower, Joey's release was more a function of Jeremy Shockey's hernia than it was anything Joey did or didn't do.

Zool
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Unless they caught him spanking it to a Jerry Glanville photo in the shower, Joey's release was more a function of Jeremy Shockey's hernia than it was anything Joey did or didn't do.

Just out of curiosity, why Jerry Glanville?

mraynrand
09-26-2008, 12:12 AM

The Joey poster was on the ceiling of Tank's bedroom next to the one of Shermie.

http://tarapfeifer.com/albums/stuff/mike_sherman_sleeping.jpeg

http://members.aol.com/too2normal/joey.jpg