PDA

View Full Version : Haynos gone

Patler
09-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Joey Haynos, the mammoth tight end (6'8", 265 lbs) has signed with Miami. After a decent camp, the Packers signed him to the practice squad. Apparently, McCarthy tried to talk him into staying with GB, but he decided to accept an offer from Miami to be on their 53 man roster.

Too bad. I thought he looked quite smooth in limited preseason game action. I was already looking forward to seeing what he would be like next year.

pbmax
09-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Its Jerald Sowell all over again. Damn Tuna!

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2008, 08:33 AM
He seemed like a good prospect, but barring injury to someone in the top three, he'd face the same situation next year as this year. He isn't going to beat out Lee or Finley, and they seem to favor Humphrey more than I can see as justified.

Scott Campbell
09-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Joey Haynos, the mammoth tight end (6'8", 265 lbs) has signed with Miami. After a decent camp, the Packers signed him to the practice squad. Apparently, McCarthy tried to talk him into staying with GB, but he decided to accept an offer from Miami to be on their 53 man roster.

Too bad. I thought he looked quite smooth in limited preseason game action. I was already looking forward to seeing what he would be like next year.

I'll never blame a practice squad guy for taking a real roster spot. Congrats to Joey and good luck.

mraynrand
09-25-2008, 09:18 AM
You gotta give it up to the Tuna. Guy doesn't sit on his hands. It will be interesting to see if Haynos is a game day inactive or not. That's a big target for Pennington - or for THE SINGLE WING!

KYPack
09-25-2008, 10:47 AM
If Haynos and Finley were equal in status, Haynos would have made the roster. But Finley was a 3 and got the nod. Finley has all the upside, but sheesh, didn't he ever block in college? One thing I like about the kid, he admits he doesn't know how to block.

On thing is sure, the Packers can't "hide" anybody on their practice roster. All the league scouts know the Pack is deep and have their eye on our available extra men.

Tarlam!
09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm honestly surprised he lasted fully 3 weeks on the PS.

Finnly better be the real deal.

CaliforniaCheez
09-25-2008, 01:12 PM
But Miami already has Tyrone Davis Jr. (David "Jacuzzi" Martin)!!

On the practice squad he makes about $80K per season. On a 53 man squad he makes $295 per season less 3/17ths. Tough to keep him around.

Iron Mike
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
That's heinous!!!!! 8-)

bobblehead
09-25-2008, 06:55 PM
there goes one of the two guys I predicted would have a shot at being an NFL starter.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-25-2008, 07:06 PM
But we still have Jarrett Bush. :roll:

pbmax
09-25-2008, 08:15 PM
But Miami already has Tyrone Davis Jr. (David "Jacuzzi" Martin)!!

On the practice squad he makes about $80K per season. On a 53 man squad he makes $295 per season less 3/17ths. Tough to keep him around.
There was coverage of the Patriots new lineman for this year who was a practice squad guy. The upshot was that teams are not limited to a minimum for practice squad players. This O Lineman on the Patriots had a near or better than league minimum deal. I wonder if the Packers offered more cash?