PDA

View Full Version : NFL HEAD COACH BY EA Sports

Deputy Nutz
06-22-2006, 01:55 PM
I am thinking about getting this game, in fact I am going to get this game for the PC. It is like everything I ever wanted. You start with the 2006 draft, with almost all the real players from the draft.

jack's smirking revenge
06-22-2006, 02:01 PM
I've been pondering picking it up too. Has anyone out there already acquired the game? Anyone got a review?

tyler

SkinBasket
06-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Heres a review for the ps2 version:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/713/713682p1.html

jack's smirking revenge
06-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Heres a review for the ps2 version:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/713/713682p1.html

Thanks Skin. Not exactly what I was aiming for, but it'll work. I guess I was curious if anyone out in PRland has purchased the game and can give a personal review. I'd like to hear a report from the Madden nerds of PR.

tyler

Charles Woodson
06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Im gana rent it today so ill let u all noe how it is

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-25-2006, 11:50 AM
i have the game and its not that bad. In the beginning it can be kind of boring, but once you get to the draft the perseason games it gets fun. In the draft its the same players from this past draft. I drafted R. bush at # 5. Can you believe A.J. went #1 in that draft. In the second I drafted Chad jackson. The game should really be call Nfl head coach/Gm becasue thats what you are. you do everything

When your in game you just call the plays and the player go out and do it.

Deputy Nutz
06-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I just bought a new labtob, and my PS2 is in too many pieces right now for me to enjoy the use of it, so I am going to get the PC version. I think that will make me look more like an adult anyways.

I am going to enjoy this game because it was my favorite part of madden, and college football.

HarveyWallbangers
06-25-2006, 03:27 PM
I just bought it--after hearing about it here. Haven't installed it yet though.

Deputy Nutz
06-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Harv, did you by the online version and then download it, or did you get it at a store?

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Store - Best Buy

GoPackGo
06-27-2006, 11:50 PM
So what do you think about this game?

Deputy Nutz
06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
I Havent gotten it yet

PackerPro42
06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I read a lot of reviews on this game and it's supposed to be so realistic you'll crap your pants. And by the way you start the game as one of the steelers coordinators. You can either choose offense or defensive coordinator which then goes into which type of team you'll run. Defensive or offensive minded. As for the draft goes I heard it's a little unrealistic because most f the people that played it said that Vince Yound and D-Brick fall to the mid 20's.

HarveyWallbangers
06-28-2006, 11:00 AM
It's a game that I think could have been a lot better (interface, more things for the coach to do, etc.)--but it's also addictive and time-consuming. I'm just getting to the draft, and I've been playing for about 8 hours. I don't think the AI is great, and they have some errors in the game. For instance, Joey Thomas is on the Packers roster. Somewhat disappointing, but has great potential down the line if they commit to it. I haven't looked too closely, but I haven't seen the ability to edit the rosters. I like a game that's really realistic, so I like having the real players on the team, and it seems like you have to live with the Joey Thomas-like errors.

Tony Oday
06-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I suggest if you are thinking about gettting ANY new game instead get GameFly. It is AWESOME!

Deputy Nutz
06-28-2006, 05:11 PM
I just bought it, but for some reason when I am installing it, it stops reading the disks after the first one. I get to 31% complete and then it tells me to insert disk 2 and I do, then nothing.

Can anyone out there help me?

Deputy Nutz
06-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey fuckers, I asked for a little help here.

Scott Campbell
06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey fuckers, I asked for a little help here.

Have you tried swearing at Bill Gates yet?

Did you check your hard drive to see if you had enough free space? Was there an "OK" button to click after you inserted the disk and it spun up? Did it spin up when you inserted it? Have you tried cleaning the disks?

Somebody else might have some ideas, but if all else fails you can try exchanging the disks in case you got a bad one.

MJZiggy
06-28-2006, 08:47 PM
The only technical advice I've ever known was the old standby: reboot and try it again. If it doesn't work, ask someone who knows what they're doing. Is there a phone number or tech web address on the packaging anywhere?

Deputy Nutz
06-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I did some checking and it says I don't have enough ram, but it didn't say that I couldn't install it.

Scott Campbell
06-28-2006, 09:13 PM
I did some checking and it says I don't have enough ram, but it didn't say that I couldn't install it.

Now I'm no techie, but where I'm from we call that "User Error".

The good news for you is that RAM is dirt cheap right now, and it's about a 5 minute operation to do the upgrade.

Little Whiskey
06-29-2006, 08:17 AM
i'd give you the number to our corp. IT dept, but after you wait on hold for an hour they tell you to turn the computer off and turn it back on. After that doesn't work they tell you they will have a level 2 tech call you back sometime in the next month. BRILLIANT!!

Deputy Nutz
06-29-2006, 08:37 AM

The good news for you is that RAM is dirt cheap right now, and it's about a 5 minute operation to do the upgrade.

Can I install that shit or do I need to have someone else do it? Do I get it at best buy?

Charles Woodson
06-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Well i got the game yesterday, and its quite interesting.

I agree it was not made well. the ratings are off alot compared to madden and everything its hard to get use too and i hate how u cant tell how good the other ppl are. its verry time consuming. the games are pretty fun but i give this game a C-

Mazzin
06-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know if there is an update to update the roster ONLINE? on PC?

Thanks in advance

Anti-Polar Bear
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know if there is an update to update the roster ONLINE? on PC?

Thanks in advance

Mazzin, sometimes I wonder if you are just hanging around here to gain the knowledge of football and video games to impress your boyfriend. But then I realized that you are a very unique girl, which I like. Sometimes I am envious of your boyfriend. :cry:

Scott Campbell
06-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Can I install that shit or do I need to have someone else do it? Do I get it at best buy?

You can do it. There's a wizard at this website that'll ask you enter make, model and info on your PC, and then recommend the right RAM for your PC. Once you get the RAM shipped to you it just takes a couple of minutes to open up your case and snap in the stick(s). You should probably open up the case to see if you have any available slots. If so (likely), you'll get more RAM. If not, you'll replace the RAM you have with higher capacity RAM.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

If you want, you can shop price for similar RAM at NewEgg. But the wizard will make sure you order the right stuff.

Deputy Nutz
06-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok I got my new Ram rammed in and it feels so good. I probably over payed at Best Buy but I am an impatient person that wants to play NFL Head Coach. Hopefully this added ram will help my erection.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Ok I got my new Ram rammed in and it feels so good. I probably over payed at Best Buy but I am an impatient person that wants to play NFL Head Coach. Hopefully this added ram will help my erection.

Fuck the RAM shit. Just buy a xbox 360. Go to blockbuster, and rent the game, upload it to your xbox hard drive,, which you gets to keep forever. Play it on HDTV and i will guarantee you your erection will last longer than the 1st time you fucked your wife.

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 07:54 PM

I've been putting off buying more RAM for months. DIMM, SIMM, SDRAM, DDR, 3200, 2700, whateverthefuck. Shit used to be simple. Now you gotta lick your computer's pussy to get it to tell you what it needs.

Now my computer is asking every fucking five minutes if I want to restart later, or restart now. When I tell it I want to restart later, I fucking mean it. Why won't this fucking pile of shit listen to me?

Tell us how the shit flows Nutzors. If it's good enough, I might lay down a BT link on that shit cuz I'm a pirate in the 1st degree. Arrrggg.

Deputy Nutz
06-29-2006, 08:02 PM
It is sooo great!!! Actually I haven't really experienced a difference. Its a new computer anyways.

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I didn't mean the upgrade you cockwhore, I meant the game.

Deputy Nutz
06-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know, I haven't installed it yet. I am keeping it hidden from my wife at the moment.

the_idle_threat
06-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Ah yes ... the strategy begins even before starting the game ...

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 08:14 PM

LOL. I knowthe feeling. Thats why its easier to buy a ps2 game. I can just mix in with the rest and she'd never know.

MJZiggy
06-29-2006, 08:20 PM

LOL. I knowthe feeling. Thats why its easier to buy a ps2 game. I can just mix in with the rest and she'd never know.

Is this the equivalent of women buying clothes and hiding them under the bed for 6 months? (which I don't get, cause if you need clothes, you should buy clothes.)

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 08:24 PM

Is this the equivalent of women buying clothes and hiding them under the bed for 6 months? (which I don't get, cause if you need clothes, you should buy clothes.)

Not really, because yoU can just play the damnt hang while she ain;t around. Unles syou are puttin onn those clothes and dancing around during the day.

Deputy Nutz
06-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Yes, you will come to realize that men lie and hid shit all the time. Whatever you do, don't go into the garage or the basement.

SkinBasket
ferjukit. I cant spel noting right now, so I'm gonna go play with myself. Til more sober times yall!

MJZiggy

Not really, because yoU can just play the damnt hang while she ain;t around. Unles syou are puttin onn those clothes and dancing around during the day.

Nah, I'm a rare type. Hate clothes shopping. If I have it, it's because I actually needed it.

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Yes, you will come to realize that men lie and hid shit all the time. Whatever you do, don't go into the garage or the basement.

Or the fuclking C: drive!

SkinBasket
06-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Know what>? I changed my mind. Im staying right here!

Rastak
06-29-2006, 08:35 PM
It's a game that I think could have been a lot better (interface, more things for the coach to do, etc.)--but it's also addictive and time-consuming. I'm just getting to the draft, and I've been playing for about 8 hours. I don't think the AI is great, and they have some errors in the game. For instance, Joey Thomas is on the Packers roster. Somewhat disappointing, but has great potential down the line if they commit to it. I haven't looked too closely, but I haven't seen the ability to edit the rosters. I like a game that's really realistic, so I like having the real players on the team, and it seems like you have to live with the Joey Thomas-like errors.

That's all true, but it is damn fun. In fact, I'm playing right now on the xbox. Opening game Vikes-Redskins and Vikes are up 13-3 at half. In this fantasy world I got the Jets #4 for Culpepper....Vince is doing well thus far.

Deputy Nutz
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
I just got it booted up today, and I am finally to scouting players after two hours of play.

Tony Oday
07-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Got the PAck to the playoffs in the first year behind 1800 yards and 15 TDS from Reggie Bush baby! hehe