PDA

View Full Version : Brewers or Packers? Huge games, who WINS?

SnakeLH2006
09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Huge games today....

The Packers always get my vote as games to win.

The Brewers need to win a must game with Ace CC Sabathia today to force at least a tie 1 game playoff with the Mets or hope they lose. A week ago even my die-hard BrewCrew pals were writing them off, yet Dale Sveum has been a godsend as of late with much better game decisions (we'll sacrifice and get a hit to drive in those runs) IMO than Yost (l'm loyal to my guys, they will hit the 3-run HR I hope, and not hit into a drive killing DP or strike out).

Bottom line. Both play at noon and the Mets play later so WE NEED TO WIN the Cubs game before we know about the Mets-Marlins game.

What is the outcome? Cubs are damn tough, but damn if CC isn't the best big-game player this state has seen in some time. (He'll be getting $25 million a year over 8 years for the damn Yanks next year for good reason, but let's use him now). My vote is on CC as he is must see TV right up there with any Pack game.

My vote with MVP type CC:

We win that Brewer game in a nailbiter and win the TB game with the Pack handily. HUGE games tomorrow...

Go Pack, Go BrewCrew!!!! I'll be watching both games. Gotta luv the HD-DVR.

Pugger
09-28-2008, 06:44 AM
I doubt we'll have CC next season but I have this feeling he'll stay in the NL. He likes hitting too much. :wink:

falco
09-28-2008, 07:34 AM
give CC a stake in the team to come back, better than losing for another 26 years

wist43
09-28-2008, 07:39 AM
You guys know which way I voted... :)

Two L's... lol

:D

BF4MVP
09-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Of course I predict a Packers win..That's a foregone conclusion :D

Normally I'd pick the Brewers to lose a game like this...But CC is on the mound for the Crew, and I've never heard of the guy the Cubs are trottin out there..I voted for the Brewers to win too, but we'll see what happens.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2008, 10:19 AM
It's a lot bigger game for the Brewers than for the Packers, and after watching them choke it away yesterday, after choking away SO MANY because of crappy relief pitching, I'm not very optimistic--even though I voted for both to win.

If Sabathia wins it today, they still have to win tomorrow in NYC, and that will be tough. Ol' CC can't go two days in a row.

In a perfect world, the Brewers keep Sabathia, and sign KRod to be their closer. Fat chance of that, though. Seriously, if they let Sheets go and decide not to re-sign Fielder when his contract runs out, they might be able to do it. Sign Sabathia to an eight year contract; If his pitching turns to shit in two or three years, trade him to the Packers as the eventual replacement for Chad Clifton.

The Packers should be solidly favored. It isn't that big a game except avoiding losing two in a row, and avoiding losing a game they shouldn't lose--no way this one would be a "good loss".

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Packers find a way to win
Brewers tear our hearts out

cpk1994
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Brewers tear our hearts outGood call as usual B. :lol:

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Brewers tear our hearts outGood call as usual B. :lol:

Yup; wrong as usual

Joemailman
09-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I just predicted Packers lose, Brewers win. What do I win?