PDA

View Full Version : NFL's Best Receivers

Tarlam!
09-28-2008, 04:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b23f5e&template=with-video&confirm=true

On this link, Rats will find the preview video for Cards vs Jets.

During the video, the talk is about Kurt Warner's greatness and the fact that he has the "best receiver corps in the league".

I'm sorry, but what???

Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin and Nelson combine for the best receiver corps in the league. Not Boldwin/Fitzgerald.

I'm getting really pissed that our team is being so underrated.

Pugger
09-28-2008, 06:48 AM
That's no surprise. The national media completely ignore us now that Brett is in NJ. :? I'm thinking in the future when they see how good OUR receiving corps is they'll begin to notice them now that the national spot light is out east.

falco
09-28-2008, 07:33 AM
i think i agree with you tarlam, buts its not like cardinals receivers are crap... i would argue that boldin + fitzgerald > drivers + jennings, but not by much. i think we are much more deep than them though.

Fred's Slacks
09-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I think Bolden-Fitz probably is the best 1-2 tandem. I agree that 1-5 GB is the best.

bobblehead
09-28-2008, 10:11 AM
i think i agree with you tarlam, buts its not like cardinals receivers are crap... i would argue that boldin + fitzgerald > drivers + jennings, but not by much. i think we are much more deep than them though.

I think they are much better...bigger stronger faster with simiilar ball skillz. Hard to point out a similar twosome in NFL HISTORY much less today. Only chandler/joiner come to mind. Oh yea...they are both in their prime.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 10:19 AM
It doesn't really matter to me if we are being underrated. It seemed to work in the Giants favor last year.

I would agree that GB has the best depth at WR, although not necessarily the top 1 and 2.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
The level of homerism is getting a bit ridiculous.

Tarlam!
09-29-2008, 09:10 AM

Make an argument. Establish a position, or contradict one with some grey matter.

Instead, you just make insults without any foundation. Exactly why you're so loved around these parts. Just like slinging shit, right? Fucking idiot.

retailguy
09-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Right now today, Jennings is running, playing, and maintaing statistics with the "top" in the league. But, only for 4 weeks. If he's still doing it, game 4 of next season, yep, tops in the league. Driver, to this point is the forgotten man in the offense. Not in the same league as either Boldin or Fitzgerald.

GB has a great receiving corps, homerism or not. The best? Maybe, maybe not, but hey, they're good enough to win with!

BobDobbs
09-29-2008, 02:10 PM
We love our receivers, but they are not the best in the league. Statistically Arizona has a clear advantage. They've got two of the top five guys in the league and not one like us. In Fact they're third receiver Steve Breaston has nearly comparable numbers to Donald Driver. They also have the 4th rated passing offense compared to our tenth.

All this can change over the year, but right now most objective observers would trade our guys for they're guys. I've heard the logic that if you look at us 1-5 we are the best. But who cares? It's like saying you have the best backup catcher. Its a good thing, but is it a game changer?

I think it is more about a teams top three, they are getting the lions share of the catches. And then game changing plays. We're good we might get better, but we're not the best.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 02:24 PM

I think they are much better...bigger stronger faster with simiilar ball skillz. Hard to point out a similar twosome in NFL HISTORY much less today. Only chandler/joiner come to mind. Oh yea...they are both in their prime.

moss/carter, rice/taylor, duper (my frat bro)/ clayton, freeman/brooks to name a few

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
jennings is flat out a stud

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 02:27 PM

Make an argument. Establish a position, or contradict one with some grey matter.

Instead, you just make insults without any foundation. Exactly why you're so loved around these parts. Just like slinging shit, right? Fucking idiot.

DAYUM...jugular

hoosier
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM

moss/carter, rice/taylor, duper (my frat bro)/ clayton, freeman/brooks to name a few

A few more: Stallworth/Swann, Marvin/Reggie Wayne, Isaac Bruce/Tory Holt, Hirsch/Fears.

Partial
09-29-2008, 02:41 PM
I really like us 5 deep, but think we're only top 5 in top 2. I'd take TO and Creyton over ours. I'd take Moss and Welker over ours. I'd take Fitz and Bolden over ours.

The big guys like Moss, TO and Fitz bring an element to an offense that keeps a defense on its toes. We don't have that sort of big, fast guy.

bobblehead
09-29-2008, 02:48 PM

A few more: Stallworth/Swann, Marvin/Reggie Wayne, Isaac Bruce/Tory Holt, Hirsch/Fears.
I'll give up moss/carter, but none of the rest compare imo. Taylor was slightly above average, duper clayton were nothing without marino and short at that. Freeman/brooks..please. these are all good 2somes, and I'm not knocking them, but the size speed youth factor is in arizona together right now. Personally out of all that were listed carter/moss and chandler/joiner are the only ones I put in their class.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-29-2008, 02:49 PM

"Ohhh bitch, you got jacked bitch"

Partial
09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
TO and Rice is without a doubt the best twosome ever imo.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 03:20 PM

TO hadnt reached prime and rice on decline...now if u say twosome's careers u're close (1 can argue moss/carter CAREERS) imo

Partial
09-29-2008, 03:41 PM

TO hadnt reached prime and rice on decline...now if u say twosome's careers u're close (1 can argue moss/carter CAREERS) imo

Rice went on to several pro bowls with the Raiders, and TO was starting to become a stud.

Charles Woodson
09-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Rice went on to several pro bowls with the Raiders, and TO was starting to become a stud.
Since when did several pro bowls become one? stop the :bs2:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 04:59 PM

Homerism is the argument, you dipshit.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Only a complete moron and utter homer would make the argument that we have the best depth in the league...based on a second year player who has trouble catching the ball and a rookie. A fucking rookie who has proven nothing.

Not to mention Martin..who's career high is 21 receptions.

I can list several teams with better depth off the top of my head.

1. Eagles: kevin curtis, reggie brown, greg lewis, jason avant and a rookie who is killing ours...desean jackson.

2. Saints: Colston, Henderson, Lance Moore, David Patten, Meachem.

3. Bucs: Ike Hilliard, Galloway, Antonio Bryant, Stovall, Mike Clayton

4. Lions: Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, Shaun McDonald, Mike Furrey

5. Jags: Northcutt, Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Jerry Porter.

6. Bengals: Ocho Cinco, TJ, Chatman, Chris Henry, Glen Holt

7. Chargers: Chambers, Craig Davis, Kassim Osgood, Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd.

8. Pats: Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Washington, Aiken

9. Seahawks: McMullen, Colbert/obamanu, Engram, Branch, Burleson

10. Broncos: Marshall, Stokely, Darrell Jackson, Royal, and russell

Kyle.McCarroll
09-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Only a complete moron and utter homer would make the argument that we have the best depth in the league...based on a second year player who has trouble catching the ball and a rookie. A fucking rookie who has proven nothing.

1. Eagles: kevin curtis, reggie brown, greg lewis, jason avant and a rookie who is killing ours...desean jackson.

7. Chargers: Chambers, Craig Davis, Kassim Osgood, Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd.

The JAGS?!?!?!?!?

I live in Jacksonville. Even the Jags fans wouldn't buy that crap.

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Wow Ty thats really a who's who of mediocre WR's you've compiled there. You really think the Eagles are top to bottom the best WR core in the league? There's really no talking to you anymore about the subject. The Jags WR's are a joke. Matt Jones cant catch a cold. The Seahawks had to be a joke. Thats my only guess.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 10:01 PM

The JAGS?!?!?!?!?

I live in Jacksonville. Even the Jags fans wouldn't buy that crap.

I lived in Jax as well..and the fact that Jags fans would't buy that crap is more a statement about the overall stupidity of their fans.

The pack has 2 legit WRs..jennings and driver. Their 3rd, Jones, has one season with 47 with a HOF throwing to him. This year he is dropping the ball and has 4 receptions. Martin has his fans, almost cult like, but had 16 receptions last year. Jordy is a rookie.

Now, there is no doubt that our top two are better than the jags top 2. However the issue is depth. And, remember the Jags aren't a passing team like us, so their numbers are gonna be less.

The Jags have: Williams who is a 40 reception type guy, Matt Jones (disappointing from where he was drafted) who is a 30 plus type guy and this year already has 21 catches...so, i think he'll surpass 50, Dennis Northcutt who has been in the league 9 years and produced 40-50 catch seasons, Williamson...produced in his worst year better than martin, and Jerry porter who is a talent and caught 44 balls last year.

I'd take their last 3 over our last 3 any day...jones, martin, jordy over northcutt, porter and williamson...not a chance.

Now, in a year or two if Jordy performs..then that is different. But, to talk about our depth when you have a rookie, martin and a regressing jones...laughable.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Wow Ty thats really a who's who of mediocre WR's you've compiled there. You really think the Eagles are top to bottom the best WR core in the league? There's really no talking to you anymore about the subject. The Jags WR's are a joke. Matt Jones cant catch a cold. The Seahawks had to be a joke. Thats my only guess.

THe list wasn't best to worst. I wasn't saying the eagles are the top WR in the league.

Jags: read what i wrote. I'm sorry, but their bottom 3 is better than our bottom 3, while our top 2 is better than their top 2. Depth is the issue.

If Jones can't catch a cold..how does he have 21 catches this year? That is better than DD.

Seahawks: Are you kidding me. Branch put up 49 catches last year. Burleson is clearly not a #1 but he caught 50 with 9 tds last year. Engram caught 94 with 6 tds last year. Colbert had 32 catches last year.McMullen is the equal of Martin numbers wise.

What is a joke is getting hyped on Ruvell Martin (sorry ballhawk), a rookie, and a regressing jones.

And, DD is on his way down.

Bretsky
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM

I don't think many in this group are clearly superior to what we have. Let's not even count Ruvell Martin; he's just a guy like most #5 WR's IMO.

We have Jennings, Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson

Teams WR's I'd clearly take over them based on talent alone..not attitude

Denver
Patriots
Detroit
Probably Seattle

Not saying there would not be more but I don't think any of the other groups stick out as clearly being better than GB

I'm not sure Driver is on his way down but he certainly doesn't have that special chemistry with AROD that he use to have with our ex QB

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM

I don't think many in this group are clearly superior to what we have. Let's not even count Ruvell Martin; he's just a guy like most #5 WR's IMO.

We have Jennings, Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson

Teams WR's I'd clearly take over them based on talent alone..not attitude

Denver
Patriots
Detroit
Probably Seattle

Not saying there would not be more but I don't think any of the other groups stick out as clearly being better than GB

I'm not sure Driver is on his way down but he certainly doesn't have that special chemistry with AROD that he use to have with our ex QB

uhhh....harrison/wayne

bobblehead
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Man I hate it when I have to give ty his props, but he is right, we are high on our depth because we are fans...JJ has looked like shit this year so far.

Zool
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
uhhh....harrison/wayne

And Gonzalez

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 10:47 PM
It has never been my point that they were clearly superior..just that people saying we had the best depth in the league were homers.

I'm sorry, but i can't justify the pack when you list a rookie. Rookies are rarely good.

And, if we only go 4 deep..the eagles with curtis, reggie brown, greg lewis and jackson are better. I could also make a case for the Jets with coles, cotchery, smith and stuckey. Cards: Boldin, Fitz, breaston and Urban.

Lions are def better with 4. Johnson, Mcdonald, williams, furrey.

Colts? Maybe..harrison, wayne, gonzalez and whomever.

DD: He is 33 and on the way down. But, for sure he doesn't have the same chemisty with Arod. Brett looked for DD when things got bad..which inflated his numbers.

Bretsky
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM
It has never been my point that they were clearly superior..just that people saying we had the best depth in the league were homers.

I'm sorry, but i can't justify the pack when you list a rookie. Rookies are rarely good.

And, if we only go 4 deep..the eagles with curtis, reggie brown, greg lewis and jackson are better. I could also make a case for the Jets with coles, cotchery, smith and stuckey. Cards: Boldin, Fitz, breaston and Urban.

Lions are def better with 4. Johnson, Mcdonald, williams, furrey.

Colts? Maybe..harrison, wayne, gonzalez and whomever.

DD: He is 33 and on the way down. But, for sure he doesn't have the same chemisty with Arod. Brett looked for DD when things got bad..which inflated his numbers.

To be honest I agree with you that some overrate our WR's.

Jennings is a star, DD is a solid starter who is underperforming...reason is debateable..., James needs to take the next step, and the rookie WR's worth seriously noting are Royal and D Jackson.

I'd add in the Colts to my previous list

Tarlam!
09-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Y'see, making an argument is so much more fulfilling than just slinging shit. You're still a fucking idiot. :twisted:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Man I hate it when I have to give ty his props, but he is right, we are high on our depth because we are fans...JJ has looked like shit this year so far.

That is all i've been saying. Homers way overrate their own players.

I can't even comprehend the mindset of somebody actually listing an unproven rookie, one who isn't even starting, as part of our depth.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Y'see, making an argument is so much more fulfilling than just slinging shit. You're still a fucking idiot. :twisted:

I made my argument..that you and others are homers. That was the point.