PDA

View Full Version : What an ....

sheepshead
09-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Jopek began by saying that his ex-wife was taken aback, even upset, that Obama has made the death of her son a campaign issue. Jopek says his wife gave Obama the bracelet because "she just wanted Mr. Obama to know Ryan's name." Jopek went on to say that "she wasn't looking to turn it into a big media event" and "just wanted it to be something between Barack Obama and herself." Apparently, they were all shocked it became such a big deal.

But, he also said that his ex-wife has refused further interviews on the matter and that she wanted Obama to stop wearing the reminder of her son's sacrifice that he keeps turning into a campaign soundbyte. This begins at about 10 minutes into the radio program.

TRANSCRIPT

Brian Jopek: Because of some of the negative feedback she's gotten on the Internet, you know Internet blogs, you know people accusing her of... or accusing Obama of trying to get votes doing it... and that sort of thing.

Radio Host Moberg: Yeah

Jopek: She has turned down any subsequent interviews with the media because she just didn't want it to get turned into something that it wasn't. She had told me in an email that she had asked, actually asked Mr. Obama to not wear the bracelet any more at any of his public appearances. Which I don't think he's...

Moberg: It has been a while since he's brought it up.

Jopek: Right. But, the other night I was watching the news and he was on, uh, speaking somewhere and he was still wearing it on his right wrist. I could see it on his right wrist. So, that's his own choice. I mean that's something Barack Obama, that's a choice that he continues to wear it despite Tracy asking him not to... Because she is a Barack Obama supporter and she didn't want to do anything to sabotage his campaign, so, if he's still wearing the bracelet then, uh, that of course is entirely up to him.

Moberg: Maybe there's a difference between wearing it and making a point to bring it up in your speeches?

What a callous and cruel thing to do to anyone, let alone to one of your own supporters, for Pete's sake. Jopek's mother asked Obama to stop wearing the bracelet because it was supposed to be only between the two of them and not for public consumption. Obama, however, went back on that request because politics is simply more important than the request of a dead soldier's family. Because she's one of his supporters, it seems he's just going to continue to wear it, banking on the fact she won't say anything to hurt his candidacy. Obama is an arrogant, selfish, and self-consumed jerk.

bobblehead
09-28-2008, 10:19 AM
she was a misguided fool to want "something between just the two of us". Politicians do what they do and she should not have wanted a bond with one nor been surprised that he used it for political gain. I really don't want to be mean to the woman, she has enough pain, but for christ sake get a life....Hinckly wanted a bond between himself and jodie foster too....this is not healthy.

sheepshead
09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
She's not running for the most important job in the world.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
How about one quote from the woman who gave the bracelet..not her ex husband. :roll:

mraynrand
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

Jopek criticized Internet reports suggesting Obama, D-Ill., exploited her son for political purposes.

"I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet," she said.

Joemailman
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Tracy Jopek said she didn't hear the interview but that her ex-husband, who is currently stationed in Cuba, mischaracterized her viewpoint. An e-mail message sent to Brian Jopek through his daughter on Sunday was not immediately returned.

"I think he knew my intention, he understands it was a gesture between me and Sen. Obama," she said. "It was just little piece of peace for us. I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet."

Despite the title of this thread, it seems to me the only assholes are those trying to use this issue to slam Obama.

Freak Out
09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
It's Sheepdip for fucks sake. :lol:

sheepshead
09-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Ok sure, I'm biased, but the guy didnt know the name of the soldier. Had to look at the bracelet for his name. Then it turns out he used it without her permission?? Come on now...

sheepshead
09-29-2008, 07:58 AM
in case you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdmywc39XD0

I dont know how he gets one vote much less 60 million

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 04:50 PM
The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

Jopek criticized Internet reports suggesting Obama, D-Ill., exploited her son for political purposes.

"I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet," she said.

Ty applauds your honesty!!!

falco
09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
more bullshit blah blah blah

does anybody sit back and try to look at things objectively anymore? I mean come on everything's got a slant, figure it out before you jump on the fucking bandwagon