PDA

View Full Version : Post game chat with Cleft Crusty (at Tampa)

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Folks,

Well, being semi-retired, I didn't have to suffer through the heat and humidity of the game at Tampa, but I admit I dozed off as the Packers offense only managed one meaningful play in an entire half of football. I'm certain none of the the Packer faithful will be interested in comparing Favre and Rodgers today, but if you are, I'll answer any questions you have on Rodgers, the Packers, and the Bucs, with their all-star QB, Brian Griese. Fire away!

Kyle.McCarroll
09-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Who should we take in the first round this year? :wink:

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Even Cardinal fans aren't talking draft yet. What's wrong with you.

pack4to84
09-28-2008, 03:40 PM
is it time to bench Clifton? whiffed on 2 plays that got Rodgers killed both times.

pack4to84
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
He leads the league in holding penalties which is a sign that he is loosing his feet and skill.

Joemailman
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Cleft, I think you could tackle Ryan Grant right now. Should he still be playing?

Kyle.McCarroll
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM

A joke. Hince the wink.

Rastak
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM

A joke. Hince the wink.

Plus nobody can question his left nut...right? :lol:

red
is there any hope for the o-line we currently have?

clifton can't stop a guy without holding him, colledge is garbage, wells looked pretty bad in his first game bad. spitz still doesn't looklike he gets it, and mark looks lost at times

and i have seen nothing good from the backups

should we scrap the whole thing next year and start over again?

Cleft Crusty
is it time to bench Clifton? whiffed on 2 plays that got Rodgers killed both times.

Who are you going to put in there. Clifton gave up to a good speed rush and a very good defense. It happens

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Cleft, I think you could tackle Ryan Grant right now. Should he still be playing?

Again, who are you going to put in there? You have to recognize the quality of the defense the Packers played. I think they had allowed only 20 points before today. The stretch zone blocking plays the Packers run play into the hands of a fast, agile defensive line with smart quick 'backers. But Grant is rusty, sure. Also, he's vitim a little to predictability in the offense.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM

A joke. Hince the wink.

Plus nobody can question his left nut...right? :lol:

Damn straight. plus, 'Ole Clefty can tell if a storm is coming just by the amount of swelling in the balky left knee.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 03:56 PM
He leads the league in holding penalties which is a sign that he is loosing his feet and skill.

More on Clifton: I think you're right to an extent. Both Clifton and Tauscher are starting to show some slide. It will be interesting to see if Clifton slides during the year, and has to be replaced on the go, or whether he lasts the season. You have to realize that the guys behind him are pretty raw. You could slide Colledge over and then go with Sitton and Spitz at guard, if necessary.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
is there any hope for the o-line we currently have?

clifton can't stop a guy without holding him, colledge is garbage, wells looked pretty bad in his first game bad. spitz still doesn't looklike he gets it, and mark looks lost at times

and i have seen nothing good from the backups

should we scrap the whole thing next year and start over again?

Yes. I think the Packers will release everyone on the line and go with 5 rookie draft picks. That's how you build a solid line in the NFL, right?

red
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
well, we could always maybe try that free agency thing, or try trading for some o-line help

if we didn't have TT, of course

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
well, we could always maybe try that free agency thing, or try trading for some o-line help

if we didn't have TT, of course

free agency, we don't need no free agency :lol:

MJZiggy
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
You could slide Colledge over and then go with Sitton and Spitz at guard, if necessary.

Wasn't that the plan to begin with?

MadtownPacker
09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Is Grant's inability to earn his big new paycheck a result of him not getting enough work in the offseason or was he not that good to begin with?

KYPack
09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Is Grant's inability to earn his big new paycheck a result of him not getting enough work in the offseason or was he not that good to begin with?

Easy there, girly man.

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2008, 09:36 PM

Lets review: Some on this site were trying to say Grant was one of the best two or three running backs in football. Others thought he had a good up side, and others were cautious, knowing that he only had limited exposure. Grant is a good sized back with a burst and is a decent fit for the scheme the Packers run, but the downside is that the Packers don't seem to run block all that well for him - and it takes a lot of runs to open up that big one. Worse, Grant is missing some holes this year. But don't point a finger just at Grant. You don't get negative yards and 28 yards on 18 carries (for any running back or team), if you're blocking well, but the RB sucks. The Packers are blocking poorly, and Grant looks worse that the above average back that he is because of it. But, if you're into the 'optimism' thing, you could find solace in the fact that the Packers played a good defense on the road. Or you could be a realist and know that they got the stuffing beat out of them and half the team is injured. I prefer the realist approach, since I couldn't care less.