PDA

View Full Version : NOW WE SHOULD ALL UNDERSTAND

LEWCWA
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
This is why you don't trade Favre. Rodgers goes down and the Pack is screwed. How can you go into a season knowing your going to have to count on a rookie at QB. You can spin it anyway you want. Fact is when Rodgers was hurt our chances of a comeback were done.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-28-2008, 04:13 PM
:roll: :roll:

Tony Oday
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Id still rather have AR

sheepshead
09-28-2008, 04:18 PM
We need a back up, Brett Favre is not a back up.

Partial
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
We need a back up, Brett Favre is not a back up.

Right, Aaron Rodgers would have been. :lol:

digitaldean
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Remember, it's the FREAKIN' Cardinals. That wouldn't know a decent D if came and kicked them in the butt.

After playing a swarming 'D in SD Monday, Favre got beat up and threw 1 pick 6 and should have had a 2nd.

Flip side, from what highlights I did see, Rodgers did look out of sorts today.

Rastak
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Remember, it's the FREAKIN' Cardinals. That wouldn't know a decent D if came and kicked them in the butt.After playing a swarming 'D in SD Monday, Favre got beat up and threw 1 pick 6 and should have had a 2nd.

Ranked 8th coming in....not now...LOL....

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Id still rather have AR

me too

digitaldean
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks Ras for that.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Remember, it's the FREAKIN' Cardinals. That wouldn't know a decent D if came and kicked them in the butt.

After playing a swarming 'D in SD Monday, Favre got beat up and threw 1 pick 6 and should have had a 2nd.

You do have a point about it being the cardinals but from someone who actually watch the Jets game ... favre was awesome... he did his typical bonehead play on throwing all the way across the field after rolling out right for a pick 6 but the difference with him than most QB's is he dont give a fuck.. he gets back out there and riffles 6 tds passes

and Arizona's D was in the top 10 in about every category before this game..

maybe Brett just finally found a rythm in the new offense and now it'l take off? we'll see...

all I know is if we had him today, we are 3-1

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
This is why you don't trade Favre. Rodgers goes down and the Pack is screwed.

TT should have brought in a vet backup.

Why did you not create a thread "NOW WE SHOULD ALL UNDERSTAND" after Rodgers had good games? Aren't the lessons there equally valid.

This is loser stuff.

Jimx29
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
by gawd TT's ego is unbeatable after all

hello 6-10

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:22 PM
8-8, 9-7 more like it... favre was the difference maker on this team and now he's gone so we're back to mediocre

i feel bad for the older guys on this team because by the time rodgers learns enough to get good, if ever, they'll be replaced with more draft picks who are 22-25 yrs old

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
11-5 people

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:25 PM
11-5 people

you really think this team goes 9-3 from here on out? I just cant see it...

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 05:38 PM

Cardinals Gave up.. in order of games:

13 - 10 - 24 all prior today. Thats less points then we have given up. So, needless to say, their defense has been pretty decent prior to the Jets game.

Favre did get a little beat up in SD on Monday night... but he still managed to throw three TD's, two of which came with the game still in reach. On top of that, while getting "beat up", he bounced back with not just a win, but a new personal best. Say what you want about how horrible the Cardinals defense is - but Brett had 16 years in GB to accomplish this feet and he played some teams WORSE then the cardinals this year... and never got 6 of those babies in the endzone.

Rodger's looked more then out of sorts this week. All I have heard for years now with Favre in GB is every game... all the ints that should of been.

Well, it's only fair then to do it with rodgers. Rodgers, last week, should of had 3 ints. Three balls hit defenders square int he hands last week. Thats one reason I said last week was an horrible performance by rodgers. Couldn't score when it mattered... could convert third downs, and couldn't produce drives. He should of had turnovers - but the cowboys can't catch a cold.

This week - ok I will give it one wasn't his fault (although, Favre use to get blamed for those same sort of ints just because he threw the ball there)... but the other 2? Inexcusable. Even if you want to argue the third... it was a duck coming out. His shoulder was obviously pretty hurt.

On top of that, what was it, 2 or 3 other passes in the game that should of been picks?

Just saying, this is two weeks in a Row Rodger's has looked horrible. Ironicaly, these past two weeks happened to be the best teams we have played. So, Rodger's looked good against bad teams, and looked bad against good teams. By that theory, he is an average QB. Of course, he also got hurt.

I know this - Favre is starting next week. How about Rodgers?

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:42 PM

13 - 10 - 24 all prior today. Thats less points then we have given up. So, needless to say, their defense has been pretty decent prior to the Jets game.

Favre did get a little beat up in SD on Monday night... but he still managed to throw three TD's, two of which came with the game still in reach. On top of that, while getting "beat up", he bounced back with not just a win, but a new personal best. Say what you want about how horrible the Cardinals defense is - but Brett had 16 years in GB to accomplish this feet and he played some teams WORSE then the cardinals this year... and never got 6 of those babies in the endzone.

Rodger's looked more then out of sorts this week. All I have heard for years now with Favre in GB is every game... all the ints that should of been.

Well, it's only fair then to do it with rodgers. Rodgers, last week, should of had 3 ints. Three balls hit defenders square int he hands last week. Thats one reason I said last week was an horrible performance by rodgers. Couldn't score when it mattered... could convert third downs, and couldn't produce drives. He should of had turnovers - but the cowboys can't catch a cold.

This week - ok I will give it one wasn't his fault (although, Favre use to get blamed for those same sort of ints just because he threw the ball there)... but the other 2? Inexcusable. Even if you want to argue the third... it was a duck coming out. His shoulder was obviously pretty hurt.

On top of that, what was it, 2 or 3 other passes in the game that should of been picks?

Just saying, this is two weeks in a Row Rodger's has looked horrible. Ironicaly, these past two weeks happened to be the best teams we have played. So, Rodger's looked good against bad teams, and looked bad against good teams. By that theory, he is an average QB. Of course, he also got hurt.

I know this - Favre is starting next week. How about Rodgers?

Loved the entire post!, very good info and perspective.. at age 39, Favre still crumbles Rodgers as a QB... its as simple as that... we all know there were other reasons we traded favre but if we wanted to put the best team on the field THIS YEAR, we really missed the boat on this one

Packnut
09-28-2008, 06:16 PM
8-8, 9-7 more like it... favre was the difference maker on this team and now he's gone so we're back to mediocre

i feel bad for the older guys on this team because by the time rodgers learns enough to get good, if ever, they'll be replaced with more draft picks who are 22-25 yrs old

Well, it started with Favre, but Thompson's multitude of mistakes will soon come to pass, although I'd doubt losing every game the rest of the season would open anyone's eyes around here. Hell, most of these people thought ya can just walk into the QB position and everything would be ok.

But, QB does'nt work like that. Rodgers will need a few years experience before he's an above average QB. However, he's the least of our problems. It's starts with a ZBS that has failed. Offensive lineman who have little talent and a defensive line that imploded before our eyes.

The only blessing today is that it's the beginning of the end for the Thompson era. Yeah, it will take another 2-3 seasons but his end will come.

But let's remember there were a few of us who saw it coming. There were a few of us who said Favre carried this team and that without him things would change. A few of us knew it was Favre and not McCarthy's scheme that led to a great season.

And there were also a few of us who realized just how damn close we were and what we needed to take the next step. Thompson should have been on Favre's door a week after the season ended with a plan to fix our run game problems that NY exploited. There should have been some money commited to at least one of the big name o-lineman that were out there.

There were a few of us that realized early that Harrell was useless. An effort to shore up that D line should have been made. As it is, Teddy did NOTHING except get rid of Favre. He and MM swore to us that improvment would come from with-in. Well, it has'nt. Cliffy and Taush are near the end and no where suited for a ZBS. Spitz and Colledge are mediocre at best.

Sadly, the window in the NFL closes very quickly. Teddy cast the die and came up snake eyes. Rodgers will need time to gain experience as will our back-ups. Let the re-building begin.............................

Rastak
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM

Well, it started with Favre, but Thompson's multitude of mistakes will soon come to pass, although I'd doubt losing every game the rest of the season would open anyone's eyes around here. Hell, most of these people thought ya can just walk into the QB position and everything would be ok.

But, QB does'nt work like that. Rodgers will need a few years experience before he's an above average QB. However, he's the least of our problems. It's starts with a ZBS that has failed. Offensive lineman who have little talent and a defensive line that imploded before our eyes.

The only blessing today is that it's the beginning of the end for the Thompson era. Yeah, it will take another 2-3 seasons but his end will come.

But let's remember there were a few of us who saw it coming. There were a few of us who said Favre carried this team and that without him things would change. A few of us knew it was Favre and not McCarthy's scheme that led to a great season.

And there were also a few of us who realized just how damn close we were and what we needed to take the next step. Thompson should have been on Favre's door a week after the season ended with a plan to fix our run game problems that NY exploited. There should have been some money commited to at least one of the big name o-lineman that were out there.

There were a few of us that realized early that Harrell was useless. An effort to shore up that D line should have been made. As it is, Teddy did NOTHING except get rid of Favre. He and MM swore to us that improvment would come from with-in. Well, it has'nt. Cliffy and Taush are near the end and no where suited for a ZBS. Spitz and Colledge are mediocre at best.

Sadly, the window in the NFL closes very quickly. Teddy cast the die and came up snake eyes. Rodgers will need time to gain experience as will our back-ups. Let the re-building begin.............................

Let me guess, you just finished "The Power of Positive Thinking:?

Packnut
09-28-2008, 06:20 PM

No, just cold hard reality. Have a nice evening my prurple friend!

Rastak
09-28-2008, 06:23 PM

No, just cold hard reality. Have a nice evening my prurple friend!

Thanks!

I didn't see the the game, just the gamecast so I'll take your word for the doom and gloom. Which could be good since the Vikes are 1-3 after some key turnovers today.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM

It might be nice if you actually threw in some relevant info.

The cards, until last week, hadn't played anybody...so acting like their d is good is a joke.

Let's see..giving up 13 to a pathetic SanFran offense led by a sportsbar for a QB in his first start...wow, impressive. :roll:

Giving up 10 to a pathetic Fins team at home..wow, impressive. :oops:

Hmm, facing a decent team..BAM!! 24 points..136 yards rushing and letting Campbell go 22 for 30.

The cards defense isn't great.

And, Favre was working all day with a short field, one td, the CB was lying on the ground at the line of scrimmage hurt, and the cards were without a Pro Bowler in Wilson.

GrnBay007
09-28-2008, 06:42 PM
And, Favre was working all day with a short field, one td, the CB was lying on the ground at the line of scrimmage hurt, and the cards were without a Pro Bowler in Wilson.

I just really don't understand why it bothers some people so much when the man has a good day.

LEWCWA
09-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Why did you not create a thread "NOW WE SHOULD ALL UNDERSTAND" after Rodgers had good games? Aren't the lessons there equally valid.

This is loser stuff.

This thread isn't about how either player played. It is about going into a season with one QB.

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM

This is loser stuff.

This thread isn't about how either player played. It is about going into a season with one QB.

Flynn & Brohn are not QBs? :lol: ...so sneaky these rookies.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM

I just really don't understand why it bothers some people so much when the man has a good day.

Doesn't bother me one bit. But, let's at least be intellectually honest about the caliber of d he was facing and type of team.

The Jet's defense was killing Warner..and thru fumbles the Jet's o barely had to move the ball at all.

The cards aren't good. Their defense wasn't good and their best player in the d backfield was out. And, they were missing their best pass rusher in Berry.

One TD he threw..the cb was crumpled on the ground. A high school QB coulda made the pass..nobody was 20 yards near the receiver.

LEWCWA
09-28-2008, 06:52 PM

This is loser stuff.

Are they. Did you think Flynn was going to take the team down the field to win the game?

falco
09-28-2008, 06:52 PM
i'm pro rodgers, pro tt, etc, etc, etc

but you can't excuse away favre's 6 TDs

man had a good day, and proved he still has it

doesn't mean TT/MM made the wrong decision though....

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM

Doesn't bother me one bit. But, let's at least be intellectually honest about the caliber of d he was facing and type of team.

The Jet's defense was killing Warner..and thru fumbles the Jet's o barely had to move the ball at all.

The cards aren't good. Their defense wasn't good and their best player in the d backfield was out. And, they were missing their best pass rusher in Berry.

One TD he threw..the cb was crumpled on the ground. A high school QB coulda made the pass..nobody was 20 yards near the receiver.

:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

LEWCWA
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
They should both be in GB, You need quality players. The Packers gave away one of the best QB's in the league. Rodgers is soft, and we have nobody that can lead this team behind him.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
They should both be in GB, You need quality players. The Packers gave away one of the best QB's in the league. Rodgers is soft, and we have nobody that can lead this team behind him.

Favre woulda never been a back up and why should he have to? he's still one of the best in the game..

Rastak
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Favre woulda never been a back up and why should he have to? he's still one of the best in the game..

The Packers owned his rights and could have said retire or accept your role.

mmmdk

This is loser stuff.

Are they. Did you think Flynn was going to take the team down the field to win the game?

To answer your Q: NO!

Do you understand what irony is? I'd say: No!

Irony: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning.

Goodnight! It's 2:00am here! Please let me sleep.... :lol: That was ironic...again.

LEWCWA

I didn't say he would be the backup. Favre would beat him out, but we would have two NFL ready QB's.

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 07:03 PM

I didn't say he would be the backup. Favre would beat him out, but we would have two NFL ready QB's.

Point taken!

The Shadow
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
This is why you don't trade Favre. Rodgers goes down and the Pack is screwed. How can you go into a season knowing your going to have to count on a rookie at QB. You can spin it anyway you want. Fact is when Rodgers was hurt our chances of a comeback were done.

Crock of poopoo.

mmmdk
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM

Crock of poopoo.

Why can't you just say "point taken" like me? :lol:

Jimx29
09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
yea shit, who needs a bum that was 2007 runner-up for league MVP, had 4000+ yards, 28 TD's, etc....hanging around? :roll:

Gunakor
09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
yea shit, who needs a bum that was 2007 runner-up for league MVP, had 4000+ yards, 28 TD's, etc....hanging around? :roll:

Brett Favre is a starting quarterback. Aaron Rodgers is a starting quarterback. There is only room for one starting quarterback on a team. See the problem?

cpk1994
09-28-2008, 08:00 PM

This is loser stuff.Becuae he is one that has been raking TT over the coasls for Favre and now the gutless wonder has come to gloat. Kind of funny he was nowhere to be found when ARod was doing well. Until they do, these idiots have no credibility.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM

This is loser stuff.Becuae he is one that has been raking TT over the coasls for Favre and now the gutless wonder has come to gloat. Kind of funny he was nowhere to be found when ARod was doing well. Until they do, these idiots have no credibility.

so when he does bad... u have no credibility?

red
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
tt should have had a vet qb on the roster. then they could have been prepared to step in if needed

i think bringing in a vet FA at this point would be worthless. a new guy will not be able to pick up and execute the playbook in less then a week

we're stuck with what we got

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
tt should have had a vet qb on the roster. then they could have been prepared to step in if needed

i think bringing in a vet FA at this point would be worthless. a new guy will not be able to pick up and execute the playbook in less then a week

we're stuck with what we got

BINGO

gex
09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I knew this was going to happen with A-rod, his history proves that he is fragile.
Not having a veteran back-up is inexcusable. :oops:

MJZiggy
09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes but now the medical reports are saying Rodgers is going to be fine. And Hawk is injured.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes but now the medical reports are saying Rodgers is going to be fine. And Hawk is injured.

where are u reading this?

retailguy
09-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, you know, I expected a thread like this.

I'll be plain, brief and straightforward. While I think that Ted Thompson is a close relative of Satan, and has made as many errors as he's made good decisions, it is WAY TOO SOON to bash him over trading Brett Favre.

Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure that I'll ever blame him for trading Favre. But, I think it was the right call. It was time to see Aaron, or trade him. I "might" have been for trading him if Favre would have committed for 2 more seasons, but he wouldn't. On that basis alone, getting rid of him was probably the right thing to do.

Ted bashers hear this clearly, I WOULD LOVE TO HANG THIS ON THE GUY. But, it just isn't right. :soap:

MJZiggy
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM

where are u reading this?

Initial diagnosis is bruised shoulder but the separation talk is coming from the presser, not the docs. They will know more tomorrow but considering that he was allowed to go back in, I think he may be overstating it a bit (unless he made it worse on that last play...)

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Merlin
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long before this type of discussion reared it's ugly head. Rodgers did have two horrible games and now it appears that he may have an injury serious enough to keep him sidelined. Brett Favre had a monster game against Arizona and somewhat of a clinker against the Chargers, playing in both games with a bum ankle...

So what? It's in the past.

Aaron Rodgers is our QB and I support the guy as being the best QB on our roster and hope he isn't seriously injured. Although a separated throwing shoulder (if that is what it is), is a very serious injury for a QB obviously. It wasn't the OL's fault he sustained the injury, just good coverage down field. His two other major injuries weren't at the hands of the other teams defense either. That concerns me (that they are seemingly self induced) and I hope it isn't serious enough to keep him on the bench. If so, then the predictions that he would go down injured are just going to swell and create more turmoil for this team. Rodgers hasn't looked real good the past two weeks and I fully expect some bad games out of him because he is a first year starter. I didn't expect two in a row nor did I expect him to look this bad, especially since he seemed so confident and poised in the first two games. We don't have a viable backup (yet). Flynn didn't look the role out there and Brohm was horrible in the preseason so it remainss to be seen how this plays out.

Brett Favre is not our QB. But it was nice to see him doing the things he did for us for so many years. That's what makes him enjoyable to watch. All too many times the QB gets the glory as well as being made the goat. That always held true for Favre but for Rodgers? Not so much, too many apologists willing to brush under the carpet a bad performance by shifting the focus off of the QB. He should be treated no differently then any other starting QB in the NFL. That isn't fair to the Packers and it isn't fair to Rodgers.

There are many fans here who I am sure during all of those 4th downs we had and punted were saying "If we had Favre he would have thrown an int". Which is really sad to even think that way if you really support this team. Or the old "Rodgers threw 3 Ints, Favre would have thrown 6" thoughts and there are those of you out there who actually believe in that alter reality world.

I know that for all of the crap I take for arguing moves by Thompson, that we are potentially in a situation right now where his latest move of not bringing in a veteran backup may just cost us a season. No the sky isn't falling and I am hopeful it doesn't come down to that. However, that non-move by him as of right now is the reason this conversation is even taking place. I still believe, and Ted Thompson has proven me right every step of the way, that he thinks he is smarter then everyone else. He believes his way is the only way and those methodologies that worked for everyone else on every other team (accept Detroit) for so many years are just wrong. We should not be in the position we are in right now and this conversation should have never happened. The whole Favre saga aside and whether or not he should have kept him, only history will decide that. Let the history happen first before making that decision, not 4 games into the season. Green Bay "moved on" and I accept that and have moved on. I don't have to accept that the direction Thompson took in not securing at least one QB with NFL starting experience "in case" something were to happen with a QB that has shown an injury pattern in limited actual game experience. I am not saying that he needed to "bank" on Rodgers getting injured but needed to get some insurance for the rest of this team so they could remain competative "if" Rodgers went down. So much for being "smarter" then everyone else. It's time to do some more conventional things, like what is best for the Green Bay Packers, instead of what is best for Ted Thompson's ego.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
For the most part, a pretty good post Merlin. From me at least, well said.

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:13 PM

DUDE. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACTS:

A-Rod had a decent game against the Vikes. One passing TD, and one rushing TD. Not exactly a day of offensive fire power.

He started out hot against Detroit. Detroit. One more time. Detroit. Then, the offense stalled so bad Detroit took the lead with 5 minutes left. Had it not been for Chuck, we would have LOST and been the joke of the league for giving up a huge lead to Detroit. Sure, statistically it was a fine outting, but stats don't tell the whole story when the team starts out hots then cools down to ice.

Against Dallas he played pretty bad imo. He didn't lose the game but he certainly didn't do anything to make it close.

Today he was awful. Say what you will, but I'm a realist. He's been OK so far after a dynamic preseason.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I totally disagree. A-rod has performed well to this point. Considering his experience level and the play of the OL, Rodgers is NOT the problem.

Merlin
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Seldom Partial and I agree on anything but I agree here. Rodgers has played well beyond and well below the expectations I had for him. The record shows this 2-2, with any ugly loss to a team that I felt and still do was inferior: a Brian Greise led Tampa Bay.

falco
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
some very good points from the usually unreasonable merlin and retailguy ... i commend your comments

but partial, as always, is full of shit

Merlin
09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I think you are making excuses here RG. Rodgers has been part of the problem, not the entire problem. The whole team has stunk it up, and Rodgers is a part of that team and he hasn't played "well" by any stretch of the imagination and to dismiss him from blame and make excuses is exactly what we can't afford to do. This is the NFL, if he wants to be the QB then he needs to learn to deal with the scrutiny and rise above it. He doesn't need people making excuses for him.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I think you are making excuses here RG. Rodgers has been part of the problem, not the entire problem. The whole team has stunk it up, and Rodgers is a part of that team and he hasn't played "well" by any stretch of the imagination and to dismiss him from blame and make excuses is exactly what we can't afford to do. This is the NFL, if he wants to be the QB then he needs to learn to deal with the scrutiny and rise above it. He doesn't need people making excuses for him.

Excuses? ME? Really?

Ok, here's my one sentence review of Rodgers. Well, maybe two. Rodgers is young, and inexperienced, playing behind a bad line. I've seen many QB's develop "happy feet" playing behind a bad line, and I'm willing to cut him some slack until the line improves.

Favre could make this line look better than it was because of the knowledge and experience that he amassed over the years. Expecting that out of Rodgers is foolish in my opinion. When Rodgers has had adequate protection from his line, he's flashed good things. I'll hang on those for a while. Our OL is the biggest problem. If that gets fixed, many things, including Grant change for the better. Rodgers to date has played good enough.

Packnut
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I totally disagree. A-rod has performed well to this point. Considering his experience level and the play of the OL, Rodgers is NOT the problem.

He's played what a 1st yr starter should play like- INCONSISTENT. Not his fault. This was expected. What this whole thing proves is that those of us (a small minority) who stated Favre was the reason we won last season and that he did carry us were right and those who claimed we were wrong (you know who you are), were FULL OF SHIT!

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING

HOW DOESTHAT CROW TASTE??????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:39 PM

He's played what a 1st yr starter should play like- INCONSISTENT. Not his fault. This was expected. What this whole thing proves is that those of us (a small minority) who stated Favre was the reason we won last season and that he did carry us were right and those who claimed we were wrong (you know who you are), were FULL OF SHIT!

C'mon man. You don't think you can state this after 4 games, do you? :?

Give it at least another week, ok? :wink: :lol:

Pacopete4

Favre moved on while we took 2 steps back... it sucks but its not gonna get better for awhile

Merlin
This is the NFL, he is a 4th year player, by no means a rookie. Because of his lack of experience he will make mistakes and yes you roll with some of them. But the same mistakes spanning "games"? 1 game ok. 2 games, not so much and it has actually be 2.5 games of bad play for him. So at what point do you cut the training wheels off? At what point does his poor play share in the responsibility of this teams losses? According to you he isn't a problem. I strongly disagree. Time to cut the umbilical cord, and allow him the same scrutiny any other starting QB in the NFL gets. This include kudos and blame.

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:41 PM

I'm not saying that A-Rod is the problem. He has played at a level that a good team can win with. Perhaps Favre masked a lot of those problems last year? Who knows. All I know is mysteriously our offense took a huge step back.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
This is the NFL, he is a 4th year player, by no means a rookie. Because of his lack of experience he will make mistakes and yes you roll with some of them. But the same mistakes spanning "games"? 1 game ok. 2 games, not so much and it has actually be 2.5 games of bad play for him. So at what point do you cut the training wheels off? At what point does his poor play share in the responsibility of this teams losses? According to you he isn't a problem. I strongly disagree. Time to cut the umbilical cord, and allow him the same scrutiny any other starting QB in the NFL gets. This include kudos and blame.

I understand what you're saying, however, he's got FOUR games of starting experience, and has shown he's good when he's had a chance. don't give me the 4 years of experience crap. You gotta play to get some experience. This isn't book knowledge. You can't learn some of this stuff by sitting on the bench.

I'd be where you are, IF and only IF, we had an OL that was NFL ready. It's not. Therefore, he's struggling. The question becomes, would he play well if they played well? I think so. You don't. We've got 12 more games, and we'll see who is right.

Pacopete4

I'm not saying that A-Rod is the problem. He has played at a level that a good team can win with. Perhaps Favre masked a lot of those problems last year? Who knows. All I know is mysteriously our offense took a huge step back.

there is no mystery about it...

MOBB DEEP

im probably the biggest lord favre fan ever and cant stand tt.

however, i feel arod is a good nfl qb (and will make at least 3 probowls). im pleasantly surprised by his skill set; not sure why he's getting bashed at this point!

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Mysteriously? Have you watched the OL? For heaven's sake, even Cliffy looked like a turnstile today. Freaking Joe Montana would have struggled today.

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM

Mysteriously? Have you watched the OL? For heaven's sake, even Cliffy looked like a turnstile today. Freaking Joe Montana would have struggled today.

I'm not saying they wouldn't. Maybe Favre would have too? I don't know. But, he always had a knack to avoid the sack and find an open receiver quickly. This is the offensive line which we road all the way to the NFC championship last year. To my knowledge they're healthier now then they've been in a long time. It's possible they're slipping, but it's also possible that we're just not as effective at keeping a defense balanced and on their toes.

gbgary
09-28-2008, 09:47 PM
what's done is done.

i'll just paste what i posted on the back-up qb poll question:

"four games into the season and i think the Pack are showing what they are...average. pretty darn good on d (when not over taxed), less than average on o. i think we overachieved last year with brett being the difference maker. i voted to keep the three we have so they (arod) can get experience and grow. we're far from a superbowl team so getting an experienced back-up would just set things back in the long run."

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
TWill and Nick Collins have been pleasant surprises this year. TWill looked pretty good today.. Better than I thought for sure.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm not saying they wouldn't. Maybe Favre would have too? I don't know. But, he always had a knack to avoid the sack and find an open receiver quickly. This is the offensive line which we road all the way to the NFC championship last year. To my knowledge they're healthier now then they've been in a long time. It's possible they're slipping, but it's also possible that we're just not as effective at keeping a defense balanced and on their toes.

FAVRE rode this line to the NFC Championship. Expecting Rodgers to do that is lunacy. I don't think this line was EVER any good. It was adequate - at times, but never consistently. An adequate line was all Favre would ever need. Rodgers needs and deserves a GOOD line to develop some experience. This is NOT a good line.

These guards STINK. The tackles are not built for ZBS. Our Center is adequate but not world beating. Spitz is a better center than guard. Colledge will NEVER make a good guard. He "might" make a good tackle one day, but that's looking bleak.... It's like a band of misfit toys.

cpk1994
09-28-2008, 10:57 PM

so when he does bad... u have no credibility?Ahh I was wating for the King of Trolls to appear. I have been here the entire time. Its gutless people like him and Merlin who were conspicuously absent the two weeks Aaron did well and only now when he is struggling do they show. As for you, you are less than that becuase while you have been here you have been nothing but a pathetic little troll. I have turned the other cheek but now the gloves are off. I will no longer ignore the BS a POS like you has been spewing.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 10:57 PM

I understand what you're saying, however, he's got FOUR games of starting experience, and has shown he's good when he's had a chance. don't give me the 4 years of experience crap. You gotta play to get some experience. This isn't book knowledge. You can't learn some of this stuff by sitting on the bench.

I'd be where you are, IF and only IF, we had an OL that was NFL ready. It's not. Therefore, he's struggling. The question becomes, would he play well if they played well? I think so. You don't. We've got 12 more games, and we'll see who is right.

A couple things. The statement that Rodger's has been good when he's had the chance is subjective. It's your opinion. Others can sort of see through the opinion, and see he hasn't played overly well. First game, he had 1 TD pass. 1. Against the vikings (worst pass defense from last season). The QB sneak TD was meaningless - we could of handed the ball to anyone and scored on that play. So, I'll give him credit for one pretty darn good TD pass. It was a average day, against a (what looks like now) bad vikings team.

Second game - Came out like the world was on fire. Three TD's, starting to get the feeling that Rodger's was ready to go, TT was smart, and the best thing for Favre, and the packers, came true. Then, the second half happens. He can't convert third downs. Can't put any more points on the board.

Third Game - Say what you will that his stats and QB rating were fine, but he had Zero passing TD's. No ints, sure, but three balls that should of been. Alright, it was dallas, first tough game as starter... ok sure I can sort of pass on this. Still, he played bad.

Fourth - We know what happened.

I can't say he's been "good" he's had the chance. I mean, you can go off blaiming the OL all you want, or blaiming this guy or that guy... but what was the sole siginifcant change from a 13 - 3 team to this team? QB.

This same offensive line last season got grant almost a 1000 yards rushing in 8 games, got us 13 wins, and a playoff victory. It's starting to paint together that you know what, Favre may have possibly been a bigger factor for this team then management, and many fans, wanted to admit.

Say what you will, but I will judge AR as he should be judged. Yes, you get a little bit of leeway as it his first season... but now he gets another "mystery" injury (as in,no one really knows when it happened, and the closest guess is on a qb run where he dove untouched) and suddenly Rodger's is playing well enough for us to win, but the rest of the team is not? Really? The same roster that got us 13 wins is at fault, and the QB is not?

If Rodger's had been performing liket his, say, for the Cowboy's (like, he was romo's backup and Romo went down and he started), he would get booed off the field. Were not that critical - on our current Roster h e is the best guy. Well, we gave him the job (noting he never had to compete for it) and yeah, did alright out the gate.

Again was it really on him? Our team is pretty good, if you look at it honestly. First two games were against teams that our talent level was so superior on both sides of the ball overall, that I feel really any QB could of played for us and won those games.

Then, we get against teams that have close to, if not better, talent then us... and Suddenly Rodger's has to win games. I know he isn't favre, but how everyone knew favre was special was because right out the gate... he had to win games... and he did it. Rodgers has had three chances (4 really, but the defense sort of took care of it in detroit) to win a game and failed to do it. Last year at Dallas - ball in his hands with a chance to take the lead. This year against dallas at home - Middle of the 4th with a chance to take the lead. Again, this week in tampa - ball was in his hands to win the game,a nd he threw a int. Hurt or not, he was bale to throw a TD already with the hurt shoulder... so he was more then capable of playing at least that drive. He got unblocked pressure... and didn't move.

What I am saying here, in the end, is I judge every QB with the same eye. I really pray Rodgers is ok and only misses one game, but the fact remains that even in his "good" games, he hasn't been that impressive. He made a couple unexpected throws against two horrible teams, and really hasn't done much since. His QB rating, and Completion percentage, is thanks to the constant 3 yard dump off pass. Easy completions - but they aren't driving the field with them.

Just saying - He has played OK for my expectations, but he has to start taking some of the blame. While I agree our OL is less then Ideal, it is the same OL that was able to block for a 13 - 3 record. When your only real change to a 13 - 3 team is at the QB spot, and your offense suddenly becomes drastically less productive, pointing blame onto others wont solve it. Rodger's hasn't played well, and he needs to own up that fact like every other starting QB in the NFL. Favre had to deal with the criticism last week, and he has been doing this for a long time. Rodger's should deal with it as well. He played bad. No excuses. This isn't peyton manning throwing his line under the bus. Despite the "hits" on Rodgers, most plays he was upright and didn't get it done.

cpk1994
09-28-2008, 11:02 PM

A-Rod had a decent game against the Vikes. One passing TD, and one rushing TD. Not exactly a day of offensive fire power.

He started out hot against Detroit. Detroit. One more time. Detroit. Then, the offense stalled so bad Detroit took the lead with 5 minutes left. Had it not been for Chuck, we would have LOST and been the joke of the league for giving up a huge lead to Detroit. Sure, statistically it was a fine outting, but stats don't tell the whole story when the team starts out hots then cools down to ice.

Against Dallas he played pretty bad imo. He didn't lose the game but he certainly didn't do anything to make it close.

Today he was awful. Say what you will, but I'm a realist. He's been OK so far after a dynamic preseason.I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about LEWCWA and his ilk who were mysteriously missing when ARod was doing well but suddenly show up and bash when ARod has struggled. If you don't have the guts to come on when ARod is doing well and say so, you have no right to bash him when he struggles.

Partial
09-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm just saying in general. He's played alright so far. Great preseason. Incredible start to the first half of the Lions game. Great pass to Jennings today. Lots of bad plays in between. They need to be able to run the ball or they won't survive.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm just saying in general. He's played alright so far. Great preseason. Incredible start to the first half of the Lions game. Great pass to Jennings today. Lots of bad plays in between. They need to be able to run the ball or they won't survive.

Agreed. I think the pass to Jennings though is being overrated a little. Was he not wide open because the defender slipped? It wasn't a long pass, so really it was a gimme completion.

Still, it was nice. But, running is crucial... and I think it's going to be tough. I see each game that teams are bringing guys up to stop grant and Force AR to beat them. So far, AR hasn't beat anyone.

Scott Campbell
09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
So far, AR hasn't beat anyone.

......except the Vikings and Lions.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
So far, AR hasn't beat anyone.

......except the Vikings and Lions.

Wrong. OR, did you not watch the games. Just because you get credited with a win, doesn't mean YOU won the game. Thats why favre said he always sort of disliked the QB win count - because it takes a team most the time to win.

Vikings game the team won. Rodgers had one score, and it was early. Did little the rest of the game.

Lions game - possibly some credit for all the early scoring - but he disapeared and guess what - the defense had to win the game, scoring as well.

When I say "win games" I am talking down in the 4th quarter, ball in his hands, chance to win. Thats what I mean by "win games". When, you know, the ball is in his hands and he needs to score to win... can he do it. Right now? 0 - 3. (dallas last year, dallas this year, bucs)

Scott Campbell
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Vikings game the team won. Rodgers had one score, and it was early. Did little the rest of the game.

Hey, dumbass - AR had 2 TD's in that game. Does it hurt being a retard?

If you're going to tell me how "wrong" I am, I suggest you start paying a little closer attention to detail.

Noobs.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
This is why you don't trade Favre.

Who you kiddin?

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
The Favre trolls are out, and their nipples are hard.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 11:54 PM

why are we trolls when we were right about the situation.. the packers front office can be wrong in situations and as fans we have that right to be pissed off about it... today was a great telling sign of the difference between what we had and what we have.... and that just fuckin sucks IMO

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
why are we trolls when we were right about the situation..

When the packers lose, you are right. When they win you are wrong.

The forum is flooded with Favre trolls jubilantly celebrating every bad day by the Packers, because that is a day they are "right", as you so assuredly claim.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 11:57 PM
why are we trolls when we were right about the situation..

When the packers lose, you are right. When they win you are wrong.

The forum is flooded with Favre trolls jubilantly celebrating every bad day by the Packers, because that is a day they are "right", as you so assuradly claim.

you think im fuckin celebrating? ... u think i enjoyed that embarrassing loss today?.... get a fuckin clue pal :roll:

Joemailman
09-29-2008, 12:00 AM

Why couldn't Jessica Simpson be a Favre troll?

LEWCWA
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM

Obviously you just say/type with no idea what you are talking about. As Rodgers was playing well I stated as such. It still never changed my mind that Favre should be here. Plus this thread has nothing to do with either players performance. It has to do with injury. We have no backup QB. I have no problem with Rodgers play. I think if he didn't hurt himself today, he would have found a way to win the game. Thing is he was hurt and the Pack had nobody to turn too. So go fuck yourself.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 12:04 AM
today was a great telling sign of the difference between what we had and what we have....

Yeah, well what we had is 2-2. And what we have is 2-2. Ain't that much of a difference.

gex
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM

Obviously you just say/type with no idea what you are talking about. As Rodgers was playing well I stated as such. It still never changed my mind that Favre should be here. Plus this thread has nothing to do with either players performance. It has to do with injury. We have no backup QB. I have no problem with Rodgers play. I think if he didn't hurt himself today, he would have found a way to win the game. Thing is he was hurt and the Pack had nobody to turn too. So go fuck yourself.

I've come to the conclusion that cpk is a 15 yr old kid with no real clue on anything(cept insulting people, which most 15 yr olds have already grown out of)

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2008, 12:06 AM
this is a real cat fight.

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
cpk is a douche.. hands down

LEWCWA
09-29-2008, 12:11 AM

Today he was awful. Say what you will, but I'm a realist. He's been OK so far after a dynamic preseason.I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about LEWCWA and his ilk who were mysteriously missing when ARod was doing well but suddenly show up and bash when ARod has struggled. If you don't have the guts to come on when ARod is doing well and say so, you have no right to bash him when he struggles.

show me where I bashed arod......I think he is good, I think Favre is better.

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:13 AM

Lewcwa... you are not alone my friend...

i've been here the entire time, talked good about arod when he did well but anytime you say a bad thing about him... ur a troll! haha it makes zero sense...

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2008, 12:21 AM
cpk is a douche.. hands down

so what do you have against feminine hygiene? Douching is a good thing, I agree that cpk is a breath of fresh air.

cpk1994
09-29-2008, 12:22 AM

i've been here the entire time, talked good about arod when he did well but anytime you say a bad thing about him... ur a troll! haha it makes zero sense.... You have even admitting you are a troll. There is a difference between critiquing ARods performance, which is fine, and blatant trolling like the pathetic little weasel you are. You want me to pull up all your cheap shots and gloating?

cpk1994
09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
cpk is a douche.. hands downANd you're a dick head.

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM

i dunno about ur but id rather be a dick head...

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 12:24 AM

I thought I was the dick head. Or was that Harlan?

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:26 AM

i've been here the entire time, talked good about arod when he did well but anytime you say a bad thing about him... ur a troll! haha it makes zero sense.... You have even admitting you are a troll. There is a difference between critiquing ARods performance, which is fine, and blatant trolling like the pathetic little weasel you are. You want me to pull up all your cheap shots and gloating?

I would love for u to pull up things I said wrong about Arod... love for it

I am no troll, I am a packer fan that supports each and every player on that team....

I am also a fan that does not just say oh whatever TT does is great, we're gonna be awesome, and have my head in the clouds...

we made a big mistake, favre is better... he will always be better... even when Arod is in his prime... if he ever gets there(that is no shot, its reality with that kid).... favre will most likely be still better at 39... its that simple, really...

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM

I thought I was the dick head. Or was that Harlan?

no, you were a jock sniffer :lol:

cpk1994
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM

I thought I was the dick head. Or was that Harlan?No, Pete is the dickhead. You are a good guy. I can actually debate with you becuase don't lack IQ like Pete does.

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:30 AM

I thought I was the dick head. Or was that Harlan?No, Pete is the dickhead. You are a good guy. I can actually debate with you becuase don't lack IQ like Pete does.

debate me cpk... please... i really want to hear anything u have to say about favre/rodgers....

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 12:31 AM
It's like this every year. We lose a game or two, and the Chicken Littles start wetting the bed.

cpk1994
09-29-2008, 12:34 AM

I would love for u to pull up things I said wrong about Arod... love for it

I am no troll, I am a packer fan that supports each and every player on that team....

I am also a fan that does not just say oh whatever TT does is great, we're gonna be awesome, and have my head in the clouds...

we made a big mistake, favre is better... he will always be better... even when Arod is in his prime... if he ever gets there(that is no shot, its reality with that kid).... favre will most likely be still better at 39... its that simple, really...Who the fuck cares if Brett is still better? HE IS GONE! GET THE FUCK OVER IT! When ARod leads this team to a SB, does it matter if Brett is still better? NO! Why? Becuase Arod lead us to the damn SB. HOw about supporting the team instead of comparing every little thing ARod does to Brett, which makes you hypocritical becuase you were the one bitching and moaning about others doing the exact same thing you are doing now! Let Arod run the team and keep Brett the hell out of it.

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 12:34 AM
It's like this every year. We lose a game or two, and the Chicken Littles start wetting the bed.

my thing is, i dont think the sky is falling... this is where i figured this team would be at anyways... a qb away from being a SB contender this season

th87
09-29-2008, 05:13 AM

1. It was a team effort last year. Favre was simply a big cog in the machine. TT thought replacing the big cog (which only has a year left before it needs replacing) with a slightly smaller cog (which could have years of solid functionality and could grow) would be the more prudent decision. Last year, the line showed up. This year, it hasn't. That's big.

2. We weren't "damn close" last year. We were there. Everything was ours for the taking, but we blew it. Why didn't the run game work? The Giants put 8 in the box on every play. Watch it again. They basically dared Favre to beat them one on one, and he was too inaccurate to do it. Favre (and Harris) lost us that game.

mission
09-29-2008, 05:46 AM

my thing is, i dont think the sky is falling... this is where i figured this team would be at anyways... a qb away from being a SB contender this season

so you're wrong then.

because this is hardly a team one QB away from being a SB contender. It takes a lot more than a QB -- it starts on the LOS -- and goes from there.

injuries are definitely not helping us and penalties ... wow... ive never remembered them this bad.

packerbacker1234
09-29-2008, 06:33 AM

why are we trolls when we were right about the situation.. the packers front office can be wrong in situations and as fans we have that right to be pissed off about it... today was a great telling sign of the difference between what we had and what we have.... and that just fuckin sucks IMO

What I love is the management trolls "guys, the management can't be wrong because this is what they are payed to do!".

I'll always give credit the management knows more about things football related then any fan, but it doesn't mean they are infallible to making mistakes. Letting Favre go is starting to look like a mistake if they wanted to win this year. It's not about seeing what you have in Rodgers - if this is the case with players why don't we just cut Woodson and Harris to see what we have Pat Lee and Tramon Williams as a tandum? Jeese, why didn't the Giants just cut Strahan since he was pretty much "retired" until a week before the season last year?

(to note, Favre retiring, then saying he wants to play a full month before training camp, is a much better situation then having a star player say he doesn't know if he wants to retire or not... and not making a decision until a week before the season starts.)

I don't know if our record would be any better with favre, but one has to assume the offense would be playing much better.

Oh, and I do apologize on my minnesota comments, he did indeed have 2 td's. However, I still stand by my "he didn't win the game". Guess what, Favre didn't win the lastgame for the jets either. Winning to game is when your down late and have to put the team on your back to get the win.

Rodgers hasn't done that yet,a nd he's had three games over the last two seasons in which we needed him to do so.

packerbacker1234
09-29-2008, 06:47 AM

so you're wrong then.

because this is hardly a team one QB away from being a SB contender. It takes a lot more than a QB -- it starts on the LOS -- and goes from there.

injuries are definitely not helping us and penalties ... wow... ive never remembered them this bad.

Thing is mate, how can you say that? You do realize we were super bowl contedors as recent as last season.What was it, one errant pass in OT away from facing the undefeated patriots? I believe that makes you a super bowl contendor.

What is the ONLY difference between this year and last? The QB.

So, by that logic, yes we are only a QB away from being a super bowl contendor, a certain QB away that was available in PLENTY of time to not cause any issues, but the packers wanted to make it seem like Favre was holding the packers ransom or something.

Your right though, I we are right where I thought we would be. A .500 team with a some signs of life from AR, as well as signs of none existance, and a injury. Didn't everyone say before the season, even after favre was gone, the main concern was Rodgers staying healthy? Well, he got a phantom "shoulder" injury and guess what, he most likely wont be in next wekk,a nd really there is no timetable for the return.

So, while it is year one with AR and he does get some slack, fact remains that with AR, we area .500 ballclub. Either due to how he plays, how the team performs because he is playing, or because he gets hurt. All of the above is happening right now. You have to wonder - Favre with this roster could win last season, but very few fans wanted tog ive him that credit. It was all how the OL just got so much better, Ryan Grant is awesome, and he has the best WR core in the nfl.

Guess what fellas, Favre may have had a lot more to do with our success last year then anyone wants to admit. Sure, maybe we win the Dallas game last year if AR started - too bad he may lost like 7 or 8 other games due to injury/bad play.

Look, I support AR. None of what is happening is fault, in that how he is being treated. Obviously, getting hurt is rarely anyone's fault, it just happens. But AR needs to start facing some reality and getting blaim for his bad play.

Sorry, but if your going to blame a 16 year vet last year for everything under the sun, despite being #2 in MVP votes, a NFC Championship game apperance, and a 13 - 3 record, for a "wasted" season, then you need to start blaiming a 1st year starter for handing other teams wins. This game was ours. No one is immune to scrutiny due to lack of experience. This the NFL, if your starting you are expected to perform well. If you don't, you own up to that.

As I said, I hope AR is ok, he is our best option right now, and obviously it would be nice to see if he can steadily improve over the course of a season. However, it doesn't change the fact that this situation would of never been an issue ahd te packers not sent favre packing when he realized he made a mistake in retiring.

Oh well, life moves on. So shall we.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 07:32 AM

so you're wrong then.

Thing is mate, how can you say that? You do realize we were super bowl contedors as recent as last season.What was it, one errant pass in OT away from facing the undefeated patriots? I believe that makes you a super bowl contendor.

What is the ONLY difference between this year and last? The QB.

So, by that logic, yes we are only a QB away from being a super bowl contendor, a certain QB away that was available in PLENTY of time to not cause any issues, but the packers wanted to make it seem like Favre was holding the packers ransom or something.

Your right though, I we are right where I thought we would be. A .500 team with a some signs of life from AR, as well as signs of none existance, and a injury. Didn't everyone say before the season, even after favre was gone, the main concern was Rodgers staying healthy? Well, he got a phantom "shoulder" injury and guess what, he most likely wont be in next wekk,a nd really there is no timetable for the return.

So, while it is year one with AR and he does get some slack, fact remains that with AR, we area .500 ballclub. Either due to how he plays, how the team performs because he is playing, or because he gets hurt. All of the above is happening right now. You have to wonder - Favre with this roster could win last season, but very few fans wanted tog ive him that credit. It was all how the OL just got so much better, Ryan Grant is awesome, and he has the best WR core in the nfl.

Guess what fellas, Favre may have had a lot more to do with our success last year then anyone wants to admit. Sure, maybe we win the Dallas game last year if AR started - too bad he may lost like 7 or 8 other games due to injury/bad play.

Look, I support AR. None of what is happening is fault, in that how he is being treated. Obviously, getting hurt is rarely anyone's fault, it just happens. But AR needs to start facing some reality and getting blaim for his bad play.

Sorry, but if your going to blame a 16 year vet last year for everything under the sun, despite being #2 in MVP votes, a NFC Championship game apperance, and a 13 - 3 record, for a "wasted" season, then you need to start blaiming a 1st year starter for handing other teams wins. This game was ours. No one is immune to scrutiny due to lack of experience. This the NFL, if your starting you are expected to perform well. If you don't, you own up to that.

As I said, I hope AR is ok, he is our best option right now, and obviously it would be nice to see if he can steadily improve over the course of a season. However, it doesn't change the fact that this situation would of never been an issue ahd te packers not sent favre packing when he realized he made a mistake in retiring.

Oh well, life moves on. So shall we.

stop writing so much; especially common sense stuff

SkinBasket
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
It's amazing how a loss brings out all the fuckers who've been waiting years to be right about something. I guess being a dog's anus is tough work, so we should all let them have their time, though.

th87
09-29-2008, 07:40 AM

What I love is the management trolls "guys, the management can't be wrong because this is what they are payed to do!".

I'll always give credit the management knows more about things football related then any fan, but it doesn't mean they are infallible to making mistakes. Letting Favre go is starting to look like a mistake if they wanted to win this year. It's not about seeing what you have in Rodgers - if this is the case with players why don't we just cut Woodson and Harris to see what we have Pat Lee and Tramon Williams as a tandum? Jeese, why didn't the Giants just cut Strahan since he was pretty much "retired" until a week before the season last year?

(to note, Favre retiring, then saying he wants to play a full month before training camp, is a much better situation then having a star player say he doesn't know if he wants to retire or not... and not making a decision until a week before the season starts.)

I don't know if our record would be any better with favre, but one has to assume the offense would be playing much better.

Oh, and I do apologize on my minnesota comments, he did indeed have 2 td's. However, I still stand by my "he didn't win the game". Guess what, Favre didn't win the lastgame for the jets either. Winning to game is when your down late and have to put the team on your back to get the win.

Rodgers hasn't done that yet,a nd he's had three games over the last two seasons in which we needed him to do so.

How can you tell it was a mistake? Sure didn't look like a mistake two weeks ago. That's reality. Favre will have good games, Favre will have bad games, Rodgers will have good games, and Rodgers will have bad games. Sometimes, at the moment, it'll look like the wrong decision was made. It's way too early to judge whether it was a mistake or not.

Tramon Williams and Pat Lee will still get to play (gain experience) if Harris and Woodson are healthy. The guy behind Strahan would still get experience if Strahan came back. If Favre came back, Rodgers would gain no experience. You know that, so I don't know why I needed to address this.

It can be argued that Rodgers had 3 TDs that Minnesota game. Moll being ineligible downfield didn't give us an advantage on that play, and the defense was still playing, so that was also a reflection of Rodgers' skill.

Rodgers won the Detroit game. We were behind.

th87
09-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Also, I'd like someone to address the fact that the Giants put 8 in the box in the NFCCG, daring Favre to beat them with one on one coverage.

Favre was woefully inaccurate and couldn't.

Thus, we couldn't run.

packerbacker1234
09-29-2008, 08:15 AM

1. It was a team effort last year. Favre was simply a big cog in the machine. TT thought replacing the big cog (which only has a year left before it needs replacing) with a slightly smaller cog (which could have years of solid functionality and could grow) would be the more prudent decision. Last year, the line showed up. This year, it hasn't. That's big.

2. We weren't "damn close" last year. We were there. Everything was ours for the taking, but we blew it. Why didn't the run game work? The Giants put 8 in the box on every play. Watch it again. They basically dared Favre to beat them one on one, and he was too inaccurate to do it. Favre (and Harris) lost us that game.

The line didn't show up last year, either. Or lest we forget for 8 to 9 games starting out (when we were, you know, undefeated) the line couldn't run block worth crap, and favre was getting tossed around like a rag doll. (he wasn't sacked, just hit A LOT). Thats why I wont throw it all on the line, even if it is a concern. A big cog didn't change to a slightly smaller. It's a significantly smaller cog. You can't replace a 16 year hall of fame QB who just went to the NFC championship game with an unproven 1st year starter and claim it's only a slightly smalelr cog. Thats a pretty significantly smaller cog to this problem.

Anyone still want to debate that Favre was a big reason our OL looked decent last season?

retailguy
09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Anyone still want to debate that Favre was a big reason our OL looked decent last season?

Anytime, anyplace.

Quite honestly, if you can't see the difference between Favre and Rodgers, your mother dropped you on your head one too many times as a child.

Favre, in 16 seasons, had seen it all, and could spot, BEFORE THE BALL was snapped if things weren't looking good. To expect Rodgers to have that vision at this point, is utterly ridiculous.

As you stated earlier, you are going to "compare" Rodgers to Favre. Fine, but everytime I compare unequal things to each other, I get a bullshit result, as will you. It doesn't make you more insightful, it just makes you look foolish.

Expecting the line to "step it up" during the transition from a 16 year HOF veteran to a 1st year starter is reasonable, whether it's my opinion or not. Comparing Favre to Rodgers, just because they're both quarterbacks? RIDICULOUS. Rodgers needs a line he can depend on, until then, he's going to struggle. Favre? Well, his experience will help him overcome adversity. Expecting that out of Rodgers? Yep, in 2011, I'm right behind you.

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Anytime, anyplace.

Quite honestly, if you can't see the difference between Favre and Rodgers, your mother dropped you on your head one too many times as a child.

So now you insult people who are share your opinion?

retailguy
09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Anytime, anyplace.

So now you insult people who are share your opinion?

Huh? He thinks these losses are RODGERS fault. That's not my opinion. Not at all. What are you reading?

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Well I'll just shut up. I thought he was blaming the line.

You may now return to calling him a moron.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Also, I'd like someone to address the fact that the Giants put 8 in the box in the NFCCG, daring Favre to beat them with one on one coverage.

Favre was woefully inaccurate and couldn't.

Thus, we couldn't run.

Oh yeah, he said it.

retailguy
09-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Well I'll just shut up. I thought he was blaming the line.

You may now return to calling him a moron.

Nah, he thinks the line is fine. The fact that Favre did fine behind the line is the proof. I just don't see it.

I guess you could hot rod a yugo and call it a corvette too, but I don't think that will work either.

Rodgers needs "TIME", and a good line. "MY opinion" is that if he gets that, he'll be fine. If he doesn't? Well, it's gonna be ugly.

prsnfoto
09-29-2008, 10:33 AM

Favre was woefully inaccurate and couldn't

Thus, we couldn't run.

This woefully B.S.

Favre had a 100 QB rating at the half and finished with 70 as the weather grew worse Manning's was 72 for the game hardly a huge difference we had no running game we had no blocking we got very little pressure on Manning and Plaxico made Al his BITCHHHHHHHH! And lastly Brett did not play well in the SECOND half and Manning was just average all day. DIFFERENCE Manning had a run game, had a defense that got pressure rushing 3 and 4 , had a coaching staff that was better at adjustments, had a secondary with the likes of players compared to our Rouse, Bigby, Williams and Bush that shut our great receivers down. Championships are won up front with great O and D line play thiers were vastly better. Yes Brett threw a bad pass at the end and we still had a chance but as we saw yesterday A-Rod is capable of making stupid passes also he should have had three taken to the house and 5 total if Brooks doesn't have hands of stone.

Packnut
09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
The Giants were not playing 8 in the box in the NFC championship game. That is nothing but a plain lie. For the billionth time, yes Fave played a below average game, but it all started with McCarthy and his screwed up game plan and his in-ablity to adjust.

It just amazes me how ignorant some people are not to mention stubborn. The oldest saying in the NFL is run the ball and stop the run. We did NEITHER in that game and THAT is the reason we lost, yet these brain dead fools continue to blame Favre for that loss.

As for giving this o-line ANY credit for the success Grant had last season, that idea is laughable. Defenses feared Brett Favre plain and simple. Not one defense went into a game saying "we have to stop Ryan Grant". The mantra was "we have to stop Brett favre". This o-line is freakin terrible. They are very weak and get pushed around quite often.

Some people only see what they want to see, despite the facts looking them in the face.

Fact: Brett Favre, not MM or TT made this a 13-3 team last season.

Fact: Brett Favre made everyone around him a better player. He made the line look better with his ability to get rid of the ball. I remember arguing this point with several "know it alls" that dominate this forum. They claimed it was only part Favre. Well how many sacks with Mr Rodgers? It was ALL Favre!

Fact: Brett Favre's abilty to hurt teams through the air opened the run game up. How many yards do we have rushing? How well has Grant done.

Fact: This would be a better team with Favre right now than it is with Rodgers. This team is sloppy and mistake prone. It's the same players so why? What has changed from last season to this? Brett Favre perhaps????

Look, you guys can make up all the BS you want. The facts support my opinion. We went from a team 1 play away from a SB to a team with several major problems that will not be fixed over-night.

All I'm saying is that the 3 stooges (Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy) need to be held accountable. Stop making excuses for them and deal with the facts as they are. Being a loyal Packer fan does not mean being blind and accepting everything they tell us as gospel. We have a right as loyal Packer fans to expect the very best from this organization. We are not getting that.

Serious mistakes have been made. We have no one in this organization who has the ability to evaluate offensive lineman. We have a defensive coordinator who's entire scheme is vanilla and easy to game-plan for. We have a coach who's play-calling more often than not is very in-consistent. We have a ZBS that clearly does not work in ANY short yardage situations. The list goes on and on...............

Zool
09-29-2008, 10:58 AM

I agree. That throw that Favre made to Favre in OT against the Bronco's was awesome. I just had a gut feeling when Favre playfaked to Favre that it was going to be a bomb. Plus the Fab Favre Five on the o-line blocked that play well.

Carolina_Packer
09-29-2008, 11:37 AM

I agree. That throw that Favre made to Favre in OT against the Bronco's was awesome. I just had a gut feeling when Favre playfaked to Favre that it was going to be a bomb. Plus the Fab Favre Five on the o-line blocked that play well.

Geez, Z, when you put it like that, he really did it all. :-)

Geez, I guess the comparisons between "what might have been" and "what is" continue. I prefer to talk about present reality. Everyone knows that bird has flown, but certain folks still like to come out and say, "this or that could have happened this year." Who knows? For some of us, who cares. We are what we are as a team. Obviously we aren't as good as we thought we were after the first two weeks, but we're not as bad as we have been the last two weeks either. Obviously some things need to happen/develop over the course of the season:

1. We need to get more pressure at critical times from the defense to get them off the field and not let them wear down by games end.

2. We need to pass protect a bit better to give A-Rod some time to set-up in the pocket and not have to roll-out so much to buy time, and keep more drives alive longer to help the defense.

3. We need the running game to pick up and compliment the offense so that it's something for the opposing defense to be concerned about, not something to write off because the Packers give up on it (mostly). Gotta get this one right and fast. That will help the passing game big time.

4. We are banged up for sure, and that might have something to do with the results we've been seeing.

Favre was great, he's gone, I can only root for the team we have, unless I'm into watching old game film, but the season end results are always the same. It's fun to remember, but I gotta root for what we have/who we are right now.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 11:42 AM
The Giants were not playing 8 in the box in the NFC championship game. That is nothing but a plain lie. For the billionth time, yes Fave played a below average game, but it all started with McCarthy and his screwed up game plan and his in-ablity to adjust.

It just amazes me how ignorant some people are not to mention stubborn. The oldest saying in the NFL is run the ball and stop the run. We did NEITHER in that game and THAT is the reason we lost, yet these brain dead fools continue to blame Favre for that loss.

As for giving this o-line ANY credit for the success Grant had last season, that idea is laughable. Defenses feared Brett Favre plain and simple. Not one defense went into a game saying "we have to stop Ryan Grant". The mantra was "we have to stop Brett favre". This o-line is freakin terrible. They are very weak and get pushed around quite often.

Some people only see what they want to see, despite the facts looking them in the face.

Fact: Brett Favre made everyone around him a better player. He made the line look better with his ability to get rid of the ball. I remember arguing this point with several "know it alls" that dominate this forum. They claimed it was only part Favre. Well how many sacks with Mr Rodgers? It was ALL Favre!

Fact: Brett Favre's abilty to hurt teams through the air opened the run game up. How many yards do we have rushing? How well has Grant done.

Fact: This would be a better team with Favre right now than it is with Rodgers. This team is sloppy and mistake prone. It's the same players so why? What has changed from last season to this? Brett Favre perhaps????

Look, you guys can make up all the BS you want. The facts support my opinion. We went from a team 1 play away from a SB to a team with several major problems that will not be fixed over-night.

All I'm saying is that the 3 stooges (Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy) need to be held accountable. Stop making excuses for them and deal with the facts as they are. Being a loyal Packer fan does not mean being blind and accepting everything they tell us as gospel. We have a right as loyal Packer fans to expect the very best from this organization. We are not getting that.

Serious mistakes have been made. We have no one in this organization who has the ability to evaluate offensive lineman. We have a defensive coordinator who's entire scheme is vanilla and easy to game-plan for. We have a coach who's play-calling more often than not is very in-consistent. We have a ZBS that clearly does not work in ANY short yardage situations. The list goes on and on...............

QFT

LEWCWA
09-29-2008, 12:43 PM

Would you please. You have no clue what you are talking about. I have admitted being a troll, now that is funny. Since I have been here longer than you have. I have been part of this group at JS, then to the christian site, then here. So don't you fucking dare to smear my name. You can spout your bogus opinions on here about football all you want, but when you start blatantly lieing about me we have a problem.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 01:51 PM

Trying to pass off one's opinions as fact is kind of funny. :lol:

LEWCWA
09-29-2008, 02:59 PM

like everyone else here.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 03:12 PM
OH SNAP, espn reports that bucs game plan was to make arod beat them not the run game...

imagine a team over the past 16 years "planning" that vs pack...LMAO

gex
09-29-2008, 03:45 PM

How very true. 8-)

cpk1994
09-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Would you please. You have no clue what you are talking about. I have admitted being a troll, now that is funny. Since I have been here longer than you have. I have been part of this group at JS, then to the christian site, then here. So don't you fucking dare to smear my name. You can spout your bogus opinions on here about football all you want, but when you start blatantly lieing about me we have a problem.Umm Enjoy eating your foot as I was responding to Pete. You need to take a closer look at who's post I responded to.

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2008, 04:20 PM

Except they were a QB away from being a SB participant last year. Favre played crappy in the championship game.

I don't see the 2008 packers a QB away from being a contender. They have problems in both lines. The defensive line is playing well, its just a question of depth there. But we'll see.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 04:20 PM

like everyone else here.

I don't think everyone here passes off opinions as facts. I'd say its a pretty small minority. I don't think I've ever seen you do it.

LEWCWA
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM

like everyone else here.

I don't think everyone here passes off opinions as facts. I'd say its a pretty small minority. I don't think I've ever seen you do it.

Virtually everything I post is my opinion. I usually preface it that way though. Unlike some others. Thing that pisses me off around here is every opinion you have, gets a negative comment from someone and more often than not it is attached to some sort of statement questioning your IQ. Not just a disagreement.

LEWCWA
09-29-2008, 05:31 PM

Would you please. You have no clue what you are talking about. I have admitted being a troll, now that is funny. Since I have been here longer than you have. I have been part of this group at JS, then to the christian site, then here. So don't you fucking dare to smear my name. You can spout your bogus opinions on here about football all you want, but when you start blatantly lieing about me we have a problem.Umm Enjoy eating your foot as I was responding to Pete. You need to take a closer look at who's post I responded to.

I see you calling me out all over the place. Your an ass and that is my OPINION.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 05:37 PM

like everyone else here.

Virtually everything I post is my opinion. I usually preface it that way though. Unlike some others. Thing that pisses me off around here is every opinion you have, gets a negative comment from someone and more often than not it is attached to some sort of statement questioning your IQ. Not just a disagreement.

Hey, it takes all kinds. I try not to question somebodies IQ, unless they imply that disagreeing with their viewpoint makes the reader a moron. At that point, they're fair game.

That's why I always enjoyed Wist. I damn near never agreed with him, but he was always respectful of other viewpoints.

Joemailman
09-29-2008, 05:39 PM

like everyone else here.

Anyone who does it is a moron, and that's a fact.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM

like everyone else here.

I agree with your opinion.

Bretsky
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM

like everyone else here.

Now that's an opinion :lol:

Fred's Slacks
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
2. We need to pass protect a bit better to give A-Rod some time to set-up in the pocket and not have to roll-out so much to buy time, and keep more drives alive longer to help the defense.

3. We need the running game to pick up and compliment the offense so that it's something for the opposing defense to be concerned about, not something to write off because the Packers give up on it (mostly). Gotta get this one right and fast. That will help the passing game big time.

I think this is really the key. If our Oline starts to play better it will go a long ways to curing what ails us. We've seen what Rodgers can do with time. If we had a running game, our Offense would be much better (I know, stating the obvious). It would also go a long way to helping our defense as well. Our DLine has shown they can apply preasure. Now if they didn't have to stay on the field so long, we might see better results later in the game (also less injuries). Right now the Oline is the key to the rest of the season. The problem is, I don't know how they're going to improve enough to make us better.

4. We are banged up for sure, and that might have something to do with the results we've been seeing.

I think its actually the other way around. I think the injuries are more a result of how we're playing. You usually see more injuries when you're not playing well. When you play poorly, things happen that you're not prepared for and people are trying to compensate for others screw ups and they put themselves in situations where there more vulnerable. Ever notice that injuries seem to come at the worst times. I don't think its coincidence. Sure injuries happen when things are going well too, but they're not as prevalent.

woodbuck27
09-29-2008, 06:07 PM

I watched Brett Favre very carefully last week in a loss to the Chargers ( a very solid team with a growing QB) and the win yesterday. Favre looked solid in both games given the fact of when he joined his new team as a huge disadvantage (needing to learn the playbook) and the fact that he's the obvious huge factor in the offense on the Jets team.

Favre has played just soild football in the first four games and for anyone to argue against his results is just sour garapes.

Favre's completed an amazing 70% of his pass's. He's up to an average of 240 yards per game passing and 12 TD's and four pic's. At least the one pick yesterday, should have been called back, due to an obvious offside by the Card's DL. Favre thought he had a free shot. he took it and because of the lousy NFL officiating he got burnt. One other and maybe two more picks were because Jets WRs ran the wrong routes. Thye jetas will work out the kinks and behind a healthy favre grow as a team. Favre works so well with the jets coahing and is all about win and team over there. he's relaxed and fi9nally again playing happy. it,s really a good thing as I see it he,s out of Green bay as he knew the writing was obviouslyn on the wall as many here had to see it as I certainly did since TT's arrival.

I am going to tell all you Brett Favre doubters this. Brett Favre looks really really good so far this season. Then this. It was questionable whether or not he could play and stay in the game yesterday, as he was banged up Vs the Chargers. The Chargers 'D' took Favre to task until team coaching got it right and just said ''OK Brett go out there and do it''.

Favre looked awesome in the second half of that game Vs Dan Diego. I don't know why any Coach would not let Favre go when he looks right in a game. Ala....he has that killer look in his eye. Few Pro athletes have that desire to win that emanates out of the mann as Favre does.

I hopo for every Packer fan that Aaron Rodgers isnTt just a run of the mill QB. Many come and many go out really fast. The're few Brett Favre's and as he is he's one of a kind. Favre is unique - special.

He looks pretty good as a Jet when he was only good enough to be a back-up in Green Bay. The situation we see was set in motion by Packer management. I am not now ever going to lay it all on Ted Thompson as he doesn't have the parts to dump a Brett Favre and I believe he,s more intelligent than that as well.

How much intelligence does it take us here at Packerrats from a consortium viewpoint to know that what our team did to Brett Favre was arguably the lowest point in Green Bay Packer History.

It was far more serious than just wrong or tasteless. The price has to now be paid. Some or all you packerrats with false pride keep on blowing your smoke but the cards are as they appear and Favre is alive and well as a NY Jet. He's just getting warmed up Lady and gentleman.

The Green bay Packers may well be in deep trouble for the next decade. It's called KARMA. No man is bigger or less than KARMA. Bad things = bad Karma.

It's too bad so sad.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
The Green bay Packers are in deep trouble for likely the next decade. It,as called KARMA.

Like it or lump it. I'll watch it happen.

Wow, a whole decade. So on the bright side we've got 2018 to look forward to? :lol:

Some of you guys sure gleaned an awful lot from one lousy game.

woodbuck27
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
The Green bay Packers are in deep trouble for likely the next decade. It,as called KARMA.

Wow, a whole decade. So on the bright side we've got 2018 to look forward to? :lol:

Some of you guys sure gleaned an awful lot from one lousy game.

Yes Scott. Stupid begets what stupid does.

Your in for a lot of frustration man.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
How much intelligence does it take us here at Packerrats from a consortium viewpoint to know that what our team did to Brett Favre was arguably the lowest point in Green Bay Packer History.

So I wouldn't be exaggerating to call it an armageddon of nuclear winter like proportions? I sure hope I have enough beer in my shelter.

Did they run you out of the Jets forum already?

ahaha
09-29-2008, 06:37 PM

I watched Brett Favre very carefully last week in a loss to the Chargers ( a very solid team with a growing QB) and the win yesterday. Favre looked solid in both games given the fact of when he joi9ned his new team as a huge disadvantage and the fact that he is the obvious huge factor in the offense on the Jets team.

Favre has played just soild football in the first four games and for anyone to argue against his results is just sour garapes.

Favre's completed an amazing 70% of his pass's. He's up to an average of 240 yards per game passing and 12 TD's and four pic's. At least the one yesterday should have been called back due to an obvious offside by the Card's DL. Favre thought he had a free shot. One other for sure and maybe two more picks were because Jets WRs ran the wrong routes.

I am gouing to tell all you brett Favre doubters this. Brett favre looks really really good so far this season. Then this. It was questionable wheter or not he could play and stay in the game yesterday as he was banged up Vs the Chargers. The chargers 'D' took Favre to task until Manginingot it right and just said OKI Brett go out there and do it. Favre looked awesome in the second half of that game.I don,t know why any Coach would not let favre go when he looks right in a game. Ala....he has that killer look in his eye.

I hpo for every packer fan that Aaron rodgers isn,t just a run of the mill QB. Many come and many go out really fast.There are few Brett Favre's and as he is he,s one of a kind.

he looks pretty darn good over there as a jet when he was only good e3nough to be a back-up in Green Bay. Thwe situation we see was set in motion by Packer management. I am not now evfer going to lay it all on Ted thompson as he doesn,t have the balls to dump a Brett favre and I believe he is more intelligent than that as well. How much intelligence does it take us here at packerrat6s in a consortium to know that what our team did to brett Favre wasn the lowest point in Green Bay Packer History.

Is that a f@#king joke? The lowest? Tell that to the victims of beatings and rapes from former Packer players.

It was fasr more serious than just wrong or tasteless. The price has to now be paid. Som all you packerrats with false pride keep on blowing your smoke but the cards are as they appear and favre is alive and well as a NY Jet. He's just getting warmed up.

Sadly. :(

No man is bigger than KARMA.

Funny stuff. I can appreciate wanting to come here and say you were right on the Favre vs Rodgers debate, nothing wrong with that. But, why do you make it out to be this huge tradgedy? Boo f@#kin' Hoo. Poor Favre, he was railroaded out of here. It's professional sports, get over it.
And, despite what you think of management's role in this, one thing is certain. Favre would still be here if he hadn't RETIRED.

woodbuck27
09-29-2008, 06:51 PM

I watched Brett Favre very carefully last week in a loss to the Chargers ( a very solid team with a growing QB) and the win yesterday. Favre looked solid in both games given the fact of when he joi9ned his new team as a huge disadvantage and the fact that he is the obvious huge factor in the offense on the Jets team.

Favre's completed an amazing 70% of his pass's. He's up to an average of 240 yards per game passing and 12 TD's and four pic's. At least the one yesterday should have been called back due to an obvious offside by the Card's DL. Favre thought he had a free shot. One other for sure and maybe two more picks were because Jets WRs ran the wrong routes.

I am gouing to tell all you brett Favre doubters this. Brett favre looks really really good so far this season. Then this. It was questionable wheter or not he could play and stay in the game yesterday as he was banged up Vs the Chargers. The chargers 'D' took Favre to task until Manginingot it right and just said OKI Brett go out there and do it. Favre looked awesome in the second half of that game.I don,t know why any Coach would not let favre go when he looks right in a game. Ala....he has that killer look in his eye.

I hpo for every packer fan that Aaron rodgers isn,t just a run of the mill QB. Many come and many go out really fast.There are few Brett Favre's and as he is he,s one of a kind.

he looks pretty darn good over there as a jet when he was only good e3nough to be a back-up in Green Bay. Thwe situation we see was set in motion by Packer management. I am not now evfer going to lay it all on Ted thompson as he doesn,t have the balls to dump a Brett favre and I believe he is more intelligent than that as well. How much intelligence does it take us here at packerrat6s in a consortium to know that what our team did to brett Favre wasn the lowest point in Green Bay Packer History.

Is that a f@#king joke? The lowest? Tell that to the victims of beatings and rapes from former Packer players.

It was fasr more serious than just wrong or tasteless. The price has to now be paid. Som all you packerrats with false pride keep on blowing your smoke but the cards are as they appear and favre is alive and well as a NY Jet. He's just getting warmed up.

Sadly. :(

No man is bigger than KARMA.

Funny stuff. I can appreciate wanting to come here and say you were right on the Favre vs Rodgers debate, nothing wrong with that. But, why do you make it out to be this huge tradgedy? Boo f@#kin' Hoo. Poor Favre, he was railroaded out of here. It's professional sports, get over it.
And, despite what you think of management's role in this, one thing is certain. Favre would still be here if he hadn't RETIRED.

Your losing me on Brett Favre and rapes man. I'm talking about a team dumping on a Legend bnot what happens in the streets.

As far as Favre and out of Green Bay and that his retirement baloney. Let's wait for the TRUTH. Noone but Favre and TT knows the TRUTH. The REAL truth is likely half way between what Favre says and Ted says too.
In will not ever say down w2ithn aaron rodgers because Packer management blew favre out of Green bay. Tghis isn,t a Favre vs Aaron Rodgers thing as AR can,t hold Favre,s jock. He'll never do what Favre did in Green Bay. I believe I'm right there ansd sorry for my convictions if they bother you.

falco
09-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes Scott. Stupid begets what stupid does.

Your in for a lot of frustration man.

Scott? What about you? If you're a packer fan won't you be frustrated too? You're such a phony...I bet you're not even Canadian...you just pretend to be so that Europeans will be nicer to you when you're on vacation.

falco
09-29-2008, 07:05 PM
this thread is great...this forum hasn't had this kind of venom since the Sherman vs Thompson wars... or possibly since the LJ days

if it gets any worse i'm going to pop some popcorn., sit back, and watch the show

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 07:27 PM

Apparently it takes very little intelligence to think that what the team did with Favre was the lowest point in team history.

Intelligent fans know the lowest points were pretty much 1968-91 when we had 5 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances.

Hmm, trading a player or 5 straight seasons of sub mediocrity with 6 wins being the high light (73-77).

mission
09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
WOODBUCK!

you come back here now to talk shit ... you're so cowardly, it's hilarious.

it's funny people are still willing to argue with you.

it's like trying to talk to my grandpa about why the N word is wrong.

it's not even worth it. he's old and senile.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

mission
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

You sayin that like the blind white supremist ... lol.. one of my favorite skits.. and "i know black people"

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

You sayin that like the blind white supremist ... lol.. one of my favorite skits.. and "i know black people"

Nope. South Park episode..."annoying people" when randy was on jeopardy.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

have u done ur study yet? do white guys REALLY have smaller penis than mandingoes? are white women intrigued by that possibility and thus will vote Obama 08?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

have u done ur study yet? do white guys REALLY have smaller penis than mandingoes? are white women intrigued by that possibility and thus will vote Obama 08?

Who said anything about smaller penises? You are making a large leap with that one.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

Who said anything about smaller penises? You are making a large leap with that one.

uhhh, romper room 1st debate/obama/mandingo reference??!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

uhhh, romper room 1st debate/obama/mandingo reference??!!

Read that again. Nothing was stated about penis.

Game, set, match.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
ok, so u're saying "mandingo factor" has NO sexual connotation?

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
WOODBUCK!

you come back here now to talk shit ... you're so cowardly, it's hilarious.

it's funny people are still willing to argue with you.

it's like trying to talk to my grandpa about why the N word is wrong.

it's not even worth it. he's old and senile.

so u've NEVER used the N word urself???

not that i care since i didnt hear it..

hey, who thinks lord #4 has used it? he is goood friends with my frat bro air mcnair and jason campbell fishes on his property. but growing up down south i wonder...

cpk1994
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

Nope. South Park episode..."annoying people" when randy was on jeopardy.It was Wheel of Fortune Ty.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 09:41 PM

Of course it does...but, you are making a large assumption about the penis size.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Naggers is a bad word?

Nope. South Park episode..."annoying people" when randy was on jeopardy.It was Wheel of Fortune Ty.

yeah, you are right. Jeopardy doesn't even make sense.
:oops:

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Of course it does...but, you are making a large assumption about the penis size.

me, or the world?

and how would u know?

white women have bigger breasts and sistas have bigger butts but personally i know NUTHN about white boy's penis. guess u do??!!

MadtownPacker
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
It doesnt matter who has what, bottom line is the ladies love the way Latinos work that thang best.

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Thats just what they tell you so you'll get off them. Its more like a courtesy thing.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
o, but obama prob bigger than mcain

now i feel gay like u he he

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Nah, McCain is prolly like Milton Berle.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 09:59 PM
It doesnt matter who has what, bottom line is the ladies love the way Latinos work that thang best.

im in love (actually lust) with my mexican administartive assistant; hottie that is playn hard to get infrequently replyn to my cute text msgs. i think alot of guys have spoiled her plus she's too young to be enamored with such a "good catch" as myself; too busy going to DC clubs etc

give me advice; pump my brakes a lil or continue to sweat her?

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:02 PM

he he

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 10:02 PM

im in love (actually lust) with my mexican administartive assistant; hottie that is playn hard to get infrequently replyn to my cute text msgs. i think alot of guys have spoiled her plus she's too young to be enamored with such a "good catch" as myself; too busy going to DC clubs etc

give me advice; pump my brakes a lil or continue to sweat her?

How bout don't fuck with the hired help.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:05 PM
ha ha ha; i shoulda known ud chime in SC.

this 24 yr old is gorgeous tho' and u know she'll get fat by age 28...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 10:13 PM

me, or the world?

and how would u know?

white women have bigger breasts and sistas have bigger butts but personally i know NUTHN about white boy's penis. guess u do??!!

You need to stay consistent with your argument. Read what you first posted. that is what i'm responding to.

Penis: I wouldn't...and that just proves my point. I didn't talk about that in my mandingo post.

White boy's: I can only speak anecdotally....white semitic boys are huge.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Not a chance. Mac ain't a hebe.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:20 PM

me, or the world?

and how would u know?

You need to stay consistent with your argument. Read what you first posted. that is what i'm responding to.

Penis: I wouldn't...and that just proves my point. I didn't talk about that in my mandingo post.

again, how do u know?

mission
09-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Mixed black girls are the best. Nuf said.

Carmel skin, round asses, firm titties and exotic eyes ... can't top em. Best part is all I gotta do is send out a text that says "come over, im free" vs a white chick she gotta be all coddled and feel secure that you aren't gonna peace her out after laying the wood on her. Black chicks know what ya want and they want it too ... no sense bullshittin around.

My sampling is enormous so no sense questioning this or attempting to statistically and anti-stereotypically patlerize me. :pimp:

As far as your assistant Mobb...stay away. Everyone knows Latinas cause the most trouble (ever been with a rican?) and the second you tell her you dont want to have seven kids with her and you're not willing to pay her MetroPCS bill, she gonna raise all hell around the office and you lose your job and we gotta see more of you here.

Do it for the team.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM

Carmel skin, round asses, firm titties and exotic eyes ... can't top em. Best part is all I gotta do is send out a text that says "come over, im free" vs a white chick she gotta be all coddled and feel secure that you aren't gonna peace her out after laying the wood on her. Black chicks know what ya want and they want it too ... no sense bullshittin around.

My sampling is enormous so no sense questioning this or attempting to statistically and anti-stereotypically patlerize me. :pimp:

As far as your assistant Mobb...stay away. Everyone knows Latinas cause the most trouble (ever been with a rican?) and the second you tell her you dont want to have seven kids with her and you're not willing to pay her MetroPCS bill, she gonna raise all hell around the office and you lose your job and we gotta see more of you here.

Do it for the team.

lol.....make sure u're pimpn not trickn tho (other than wifey the only thing i buy em is backwoods to roll their blunts!)

altho hood rules state that if u got it, it aint trickn....he he

u be mackn the hotties at Magic City playboy??

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 10:59 PM
nice, profound thread

mission
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM

Do it for the team.

lol.....make sure u're pimpn not trickn tho (other than wifey the only thing i buy em is backwoods to roll their blunts!)

I keep playing the "broke" card to see where their heads are really at ... I dont buy em backwoods either... I call em on the way over and say "oh shit, can you stop and pick me up a box of rillos". If I offer something tho or wanna eat some good food and want a bad chick with me then straight. But no one is running any money games on me. I don't need to pay and if/when I do, it's way into the game... when she's already demonstrated that she's a "good girl".

No magic city, that spot fell off IMO. I got three lil um... "ladies" up at Onyx. That club is right by one of the main studios I work at and cats always wanna go drop the DJ $40 to play whatever we just recorded. Chicks always wanna know who the mixed lookin dude with all the rap stars is ... curiousity keeps killin the cat in more ways than one.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM

Do it for the team.

I keep playing the "broke" card to see where their heads are really at ... I dont buy em backwoods either... I call em on the way over and say "oh shit, can you stop and pick me up a box of rillos". If I offer something tho or wanna eat some good food and want a bad chick with me then straight. But no one is running any money games on me. I don't need to pay and if/when I do, it's way into the game... when she's already demonstrated that she's a "good girl".

No magic city, that spot fell off IMO. I got three lil um... "ladies" up at Onyx. That club is right by one of the main studios I work at and cats always wanna go drop the DJ $40 to play whatever we just recorded. Chicks always wanna know who the mixed lookin dude with all the rap stars is ... curiousity keeps killin the cat in more ways than one.

play on playa

cant knock the hustle; im in chocolate city with all the good girls just yearning for a man...

MadtownPacker
09-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Yup all the dudes that bang all the women spend their nights posting on a Packers forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mission
09-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Yup all the dudes that bang all the women spend their nights posting on a Packers forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vs what? Going out with cool shiny button up shirts and buying chicks drinks?

Have you seen my pictures, Mad? I'm fuckin gorgeous and ripped like cheap toilet paper!! lol

ATL women LOVE producers... we're the "non-slimy celebrities" (or at least they think)

like i said, it's a "come on over" text message ... plus i post from the studio. they love just telling their friends they were at the studio. :P

*puff puff*

swag sells

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 11:31 PM

lol; im a retired stud (age 13-33) collecting pension...

cpk1994
09-30-2008, 06:59 AM

Not a chance. Mac ain't a hebe.Mac ain't dead yet either.

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 07:22 AM

Not a chance. Mac ain't a hebe.Mac ain't dead yet either. i luv brett favre :P i broke his parental code lock...

Zool
09-30-2008, 08:09 AM

Not a chance. Mac ain't a hebe.Mac ain't dead yet either.

He sure looks close tho.

Pugger
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Who the fuck cares if Brett is still better? HE IS GONE! GET THE FUCK OVER IT! When ARod leads this team to a SB, does it matter if Brett is still better? NO! Why? Becuase Arod lead us to the damn SB. HOw about supporting the team instead of comparing every little thing ARod does to Brett, which makes you hypocritical becuase you were the one bitching and moaning about others doing the exact same thing you are doing now! Let Arod run the team and keep Brett the hell out of it.

:beat: Good lord, will there be a thread like this EVERY WEEK comparing Brett and Aaron? :roll: Yes, I understand a lot of folks are still upset about trading Brett. But all this kicking and screaming ain't gonna change our QB situation. This is just a lot of wasted energy people.

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Who the fuck cares if Brett is still better? HE IS GONE! GET THE FUCK OVER IT! When ARod leads this team to a SB, does it matter if Brett is still better? NO! Why? Becuase Arod lead us to the damn SB. HOw about supporting the team instead of comparing every little thing ARod does to Brett, which makes you hypocritical becuase you were the one bitching and moaning about others doing the exact same thing you are doing now! Let Arod run the team and keep Brett the hell out of it.

:beat: Good lord, will there be a thread like this EVERY WEEK comparing Brett and Aaron? :roll: Yes, I understand a lot of folks are still upset about trading Brett. But all this kicking and screaming ain't gonna change our QB situation. This is just a lot of wasted energy people.

maybe we have a ton of it to spend?

Zool
09-30-2008, 01:13 PM

Go watch some porn then, or hit a treadmill?

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 01:19 PM

Go watch some porn then, or hit a treadmill?

i really should hit the treadmill..

Tyrone Bigguns
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM

me, or the world?

and how would u know?

again, how do u know?

What part of anecdotal don't you understand?

th87
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Watch the game again. We had receivers in one on one situations throughout the game. At times, Favre found them, and at other times, he didn't. On the Driver TD, did you see how open he was? Nobody was was anywhere near him.

There were other factors that contributed to the loss, yes. It was a team effort. But in here, at this moment, we're talking about Favre's performance in the NFCCG. So stay on topic.

On to your "facts":

1. So if Brett Favre, and not MM or TT made the 13-3 season, who made the 4-12 season? Or the 8-8 season? It couldn't have been a team effort, could it?

2. The fact that you think it was because of Favre that the o-line held up last year shows how biased you are. What happened against Dallas? The reasonable truth is that it was a combined effort. Favre was excellent at calling protection audibles and such, and the o-line performed adequately. Against Dallas last year, they failed. This year, the o-line is performing terribly, and if you actually watched a game, you'd see that linemen are either being thrown back into Rodgers, or defenders are flying through. Favre is also taking sacks in NY. Therefore, your contention is fallacious.

3. Again, if you actually watched the games, you'd see that the line is getting blown up on run/pass plays, preventing the run, and hindering the pass. But I suppose Favre had some magical powers that made the line stouter last year. The real fact is that the line played better last year. End of story.

4. You're probably right that the team would be better RIGHT NOW with Favre. But what changed since last year? Favre, poor execution (bad blocking), lack of focus (penalties and drops), to name a few. Favre isn't the only reason. Teams vary from year to year for no particular reason. Why did a 12-4 Sherman team go 10-6 the following year? Why did the Super Bowl winning Patriots miss the playoffs the following year (2002)? There are more factors at play here.

MM, TT, and MM will be held accountable when they actually get a CHANCE to do their work. Are you going to give them that? Or are your feelings so hurt that you want them out now?

packerbacker1234
09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
1. So if Brett Favre, and not MM or TT made the 13-3 season, who made the 4-12 season? Or the 8-8 season? It couldn't have been a team effort, could it?

Favre was not the sole reason for 13 - 3, just like he wasn't the sole reason for 8-8 or 4-2. We all know this, save one poster. The biggest difference last year wasn't just how Favre played - it was how the defense performed. Favre would turn the ball over, and the defense would give it right back, Even when our D was in the top 5, they couldn't do that.

2. The fact that you think it was because of Favre that the o-line held up last year shows how biased you are. What happened against Dallas? The reasonable truth is that it was a combined effort. Favre was excellent at calling protection audibles and such, and the o-line performed adequately. Against Dallas last year, they failed. This year, the o-line is performing terribly, and if you actually watched a game, you'd see that linemen are either being thrown back into Rodgers, or defenders are flying through. Favre is also taking sacks in NY. Therefore, your contention is fallacious.

We all agree the line is playing horribly - but why? In fact, WHY is the team in general (offensively) playing bad? Offenses just don't turn over like that year to year when you return every single starter. They just don't. Say what you want, but no other team that had as dynamic a offense as we had last year returns all their starters and plays like this because it's just an "off year" for every single one of them. There is one factor missing, and that is Brett Favre.

You seem to forget, as do many, that the line was JUST AS HORRIBLE the first 6 to 8 games last year. Lest we forget the "no blocking" at all in week one, or the numerous broken tackles by favre to buy time. Things I don't expect Rodgers to be able to do yet. While it is indeed TRUE that Favre has been sacked 7 times this year, the jets line is not cohesive yet. Lots of new bodies trying to gel. The packers line is the same from last season. No excuse for not gelling. I wont give favre all the credit - by the second half of last year the line was playing OK. Still, they were just as horrible at this time last year - yet we were 4 - 0. Our offense put up a lot of points. We had no run game (just like now). We had favre. That was the difference between this offense then, and this offense now. All the penalties, the dropped balls... I don't think you can just underestimate what Favre meant to this offense.

There was a confidence level in the huddle. It's one thing for rodgers to be confident and take command of the huddle, it's another for the players around him in the huddle knowing in their minds that he can get it done. If the fans don't know (face it, like him or not, the book is still out on AR) certaintly the team mates don't. Recievers are stopping routes early, dropping balls, line isn't blocking worth crap (again, it was the exact same issue last year. Favre merely beat the pressure time and time again so the blitz's stopped).

Did you all suddenly forget about the slant play? It BECAME the bread and butter because for a big chunk of the season, there wasn't much time to develop routes down the field. When did those routes develop? Second half of the season.

Just saying, Favre had a bigger impact on this offense, and how they played, then you are willing to give credit for. It's not all him, but the line was just as bad last season for the first 8 games. The fact you thought the line played decent last season tells me already your blind. The guards were horrible last year, and it hasn't gotten any better.

3. Again, if you actually watched the games, you'd see that the line is getting blown up on run/pass plays, preventing the run, and hindering the pass. But I suppose Favre had some magical powers that made the line stouter last year. The real fact is that the line played better last year. End of story.

The line was getting blown up last year. Go back and watch full game films on the line. They were just horrible. Utterly pathetic, for the first half of the year. We couldn't run the ball first half last year, and we can't this year. When favre was pressured so much last season, he started to BEAT that pressure, by throwing slant after slant after slant, many of which turned into some pretty big plays, and forced defenses to back off the pressure to cover the middle of the field. Once they did that, later int he season, the outside lanes opened up, and thus the run game came full circle.

I have yet to see rodgers do a single three step drop and fire play, the type of play that beats the pressure that by now, he has to see with his own eyes, or know in his mind, is coming. He wont be as good as favre at it, but he needs to start doing it. Thats the main way you beat pressure and bad offensive blocking. You do easy 5+ yard completions off a three step drop. Get rid of the ball quick. He is taking too long to decide where to go with it. Yes, the line sucks, but lets not kid ourselves. Favre masked a lot of the pass blocking woes last year.

4. You're probably right that the team would be better RIGHT NOW with Favre. But what changed since last year? Favre, poor execution (bad blocking), lack of focus (penalties and drops), to name a few. Favre isn't the only reason. Teams vary from year to year for no particular reason. Why did a 12-4 Sherman team go 10-6 the following year? Why did the Super Bowl winning Patriots miss the playoffs the following year (2002)? There are more factors at play here.

Player personal changes, that's how. The packers returned every single starter, on both sides of the ball, except Brett Favre. If the packers would probably be better RIGHT NOW with Favre, then why wouldn't we want that to have happened? Guess what, shots to go to the superbowl are rare. Packers have been there 4 times, 2 of which came in the Brett Favre era. Teams just don't go their often, so even if Rodgers may be better a year or two down the road, you KNOW you have A DECENT chance with Favre this year. In 2 seasons, half the players could be gone. FA, trades, etc. We have lots of youth,a nd they will all want to get payed. Lots of veterans at Key spots without ANY replacements.

Just saying, Favre was an option, and they didn't want to go there again. I am fine with that, it gave me two teams to cheer for. It just can make me sick at times watching favre lead the league in TD's while watching our offense sputter. It's not like the jets offense has anyone that is really better then we have on our roster.

MM, TT, and MM will be held accountable when they actually get a CHANCE to do their work. Are you going to give them that? Or are your feelings so hurt that you want them out now?

A chance? Look, I am lenieant on MM. He hasn't had a losing season as a coach yet, and while he has made several coaching mistakes, he is young and improving. I don't mind him, even if I hardly knew him when Hired. In fact, most don't want MM gone, they just want him to give up on the ZBS and be held accountable for it not working, thats all. Very few fans honestly want MM gone. He is just getting into where we see what type of coach he is.

TT is a different Story. He has been here a handful of years now, and this entire roster is pretty much built of the players he put together. It's not even that TT is an overall horrible manager, it's that he goes AGAINST the common grain of every other GM in the league in many ways... and feels his way is right and theres is not. Drafting a WR when it was undeeded early in the draft? This isn't a knock on Nelson, but we didn't need him. We needed more depth at DT, and an eventual replacement for Ryan Picket. Instead, he went with WR?

He didn';t sign a backup with any experience for Rodgers. Sorry, every other GM does for there first year guys. He drafted a DT two years ago who played one, count it, one season in college football, because he waas hurt the rest of the time. He was hurt coming in last year, was hampered most of the season, then got a completely unrelated injury this season to keep him out 6 weeks. Just saying, drafting guys already injury prone and not just prone, but injured BADLY going into the draft? Come on now. Besides, he was a third round pick, at best. Not a middle 1st.

Yes, TT has done some good things - but it is his ego that gets in the way. Here is an example: in 4 years, Rodgers was never once challanged for his spot on the team. The browns drafted Brady Quinn. Traded a lot to go grab him. Instead of him starting, he lost out his rookie year to Anderson. We know so far how that went. (none of this, mind you, is AR's fault. He is just doing the best he can. he doesn't control TT).

TT's ego is everyone's problem. Listen to him talk about the decisions he made that everyone, litterally, everyone is saying was stupid... and he just says "I felt it was best for the team, and I still do.". He takes no owness for making mistakes... and that irks people.

cpk1994
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Go watch some porn then, or hit a treadmill?Should 3 year olds really be watching porn? :) I think I'll go watch some porn now.

packerbacker1234
09-30-2008, 04:41 PM

Go watch some porn then, or hit a treadmill?Should 3 year olds really be watching porn? :) I think I'll go watch some porn now.

Ditto.

To corect Pugger's comments seriously - It's not WHEN AR leads us to a SB, but IF he leads us a to a SB. You seem pretty confident an untested, unproven, as likely to be a bust as to be a stud (more likely really, if you look at history). The way you put the comment made it look like your suggesting this season that AR is taking us to the promise land. That is a pretty bold statement. People are thinking right now, in a win NOW league. If AR gets us to a SB THIS YEAR, you are correct, no one will talk about how favre is better and should of been our guy. Fact remains, we are not Super Bowl contendors with AR until he proves it. He hasn't yet.

Just saying, this year, Brett looks like he was the best shot at a SB so far. If AR wins one down the road? Wont change the fact that his first year could of been a SB with someone else.

Afterall, AR hasn't made the post season yet. Little bold to say "when he wins one". Very few QB's even GET to a superbowl, let alone win one. I don't see why anyone is so confident AR will. He has a lot to prove yet.

MOBB DEEP
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM

me, or the world?

and how would u know?

again, how do u know?

What part of anecdotal don't you understand?

wait a minute; are u on a nearly-all-male forum sayn u have a big penis? prove it (as if anyone cares)

ok, im a self-made millionaire and u better believe

btw, u used PLURAL in sayn white semetic boy (s) are huge....