PDA

View Full Version : Remember When?

Chevelle2
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Favre had a 6 touchdown game, but remember when he threw 6 picks in the playoffs?

QB's will have good games, and QB's will have bad games. Its part of football.

Partial
09-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Favre had a 6 touchdown game, but remember when he threw 6 picks in the playoffs?

What is the point of this? Do you remember when many other quarterbacks NEVER got to the playoffs. That says all you need to know.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
he's a pot stirrer, Parsh.... use the imaginary ignore button !

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Rodgers play has been decent; QB's will have good and bad games

IMO what we may miss is the confidence that we have a durable QB

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM
he probably appreciates woodson more than Lord

Joemailman
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I've felt for some time that the biggest game for Rodgers will be his first game after a bad game. Now we'll see if he can bounce back. I'm pretty confident he can, although having a running game would help.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Chevelle... bretts still better at 39, get over it...

back rodgers all u want but to downplay how good brett is, is absolutely stupid..

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Jeez, any opinion you disagree with is "pot stirring"

Chevelle's opinion was bland and true.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:24 PM

another thing to put in there is that Brett had so many more good games than bad games, which is probably why next to the #1 in almost every stat there is lies brett favres name

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 05:41 PM

b quiet

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I just hope he stays healthy; AROD should be OK if he ditches the injury bug

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 05:44 PM
seems like its a separated shoulder or dislocated, not sure the difference of that but sounds like his consecutive start streak of 4 will be snapped ha

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I've felt for some time that the biggest game for Rodgers will be his first game after a bad game. Now we'll see if he can bounce back. I'm pretty confident he can, although having a running game would help.

Last week wasn't a bad game for rodgers? Why, because the stat line read 0 ints?

Rodgers had a fumble, I believe. He failed to put points on the board, produce on third downs, and drive the field. On top of that, 3, count it, 3 balls last week were gift wrapped to defenders, we just got lucky Dallas's secondary can't catch.

So, last week was a bad game for him. This week was just worse. Not because of the ints (meaning, they CAUGHT them, opposed to dallas), but because he got hurt. 4 Games in... and Rodgers is already in doubt of ending his first ever NFL starting streak.

While I will be somewhat excited to see Flynn play next week... it doesn't change that Rodgers has had two bad peformances ina row, and now a injury to his throwing arm.

Pugger
09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
That first INT is on Jackson and his last one Rodgers didn't have a prayer. He just got blasted as he threw. There is no way in h3ll ANY QB would've shone behind that line today. :x

red
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM

this was the next game after a bad game

he was less then stellar against dallas

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
That first INT is on Jackson and his last one Rodgers didn't have a prayer. He just got blasted as he threw. There is no way in h3ll ANY QB would've shone behind that line today. :x

Oh Really? I Believe a guy we are familiar with, the one with a 4 on his back, shone brightly behind that exact same line all last season. I do mean the exact same line. That was the same starting line of the season before.

Oh, I forgot, that Old man didn't know anything about buying time in the pocket.

Brainerd
09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Remember when we would always hear about how amazing it was that the Packers receivers would never give up on their routes because the ball could come their way at any time under any circumstance?

Today, the annoucers mentioned that they were seeing the Packers receivers giving up on their routes early.

To lose in the playoffs you have to get to the playoffs. I'm personally very thankful the Packers are in the North.

Just a thought.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Remember when we would always hear about how amazing it was that the Packers receivers would never give up on their routes because the ball could come their way at any time under any circumstance?

Today, the annoucers mentioned that they were seeing the Packers receivers giving up on their routes early.

To lose in the playoffs you have to get to the playoffs. I'm personally very thankful the Packers are in the North.

Just a thought.

I'm gonna guess that Driver is not real happy right now about not getting the damn ball..

Brando19
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM

Just a thought.

I'm gonna guess that Driver is not real happy right now about not getting the damn ball..

I bet you Driver texts Favre saying "We miss you up here.", but would never tell a damn soul about it...until maybe after Driver retires.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Remember when we were a sure fire to be in the playoffs just a season before?

Now were just fortunate that we play in a bad division.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Don't worry, HH...he isn't close to taking the pot stirring title away from you. :lol:

Chevelle2
09-28-2008, 07:15 PM
seems like its a separated shoulder or dislocated, not sure the difference of that but sounds like his consecutive start streak of 4 will be snapped ha

You sound pleased.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM

You sound pleased.

naw its just like something u kinda joke about because we had a guy that never missed a game that still wanted to be around that has 12 tds on the season already and we have a QB that made it 1/4 of ONE season and he has a separated shoulder most likely that will either hinder his play or keep him from playing...

Chevelle2
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM

You sound pleased.

naw its just like something u kinda joke about because we had a guy that never missed a game that still wanted to be around that has 12 tds on the season already and we have a QB that made it 1/4 of ONE season and he has a separated shoulder most likely that will either hinder his play or keep him from playing...

Is that why he retired?

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:21 PM

You sound pleased.

Is that why he retired?

No he retired because he was spent at the time from putting in yet another long season and at age 38 and playing 16 seasons... his mind wasnt right.. well he got his mind right and wanted back in and WANTED TO BE A PACKER... well he has 12 tds in 4 games with the Jets so I'm sure he has to be chuckling a little bit to see we are already going down the shitter this season

packers11
09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Paco both teams are 2-2... Are you retarded? You make it sound like the Jets are 4-0 and the Packers are 0-4...

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Paco both teams are 2-2... Are you retarded? You make it sound like the Jets are 4-0 and the Packers are 0-4...

I realize this.. but with Favre we win today... thats what angers me

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 07:32 PM

I didn't know that Favre played as an OL, too?

Brett had an amazing day, Paco...but our problems today were much more than the QB.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM

I didn't know that Favre played as an OL, too?

Brett had an amazing day, Paco...but our problems today were much more than the QB.

I seem to remember Favre being 8-1 to start the season last year before he had any sort of run game... I also remember him tearing it up, kinda like he did today.... for the jets......

Chevelle2
09-28-2008, 07:37 PM

I realize this.. but with Favre we win today...

Prove it.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:39 PM

Prove it.

No :twisted:

mraynrand
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
.. his mind wasnt right.. well he got his mind right ...

http://steveroesler.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/coolhandluke4_2.jpg

What we have here is ... FAILURE to communicate.

GBRulz
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
I seem to remember Favre being 8-1 to start the season last year before he had any sort of run game... I also remember him tearing it up, kinda like he did today.... for the jets......

I wanted him back, too...ya know! I am one of his biggest fans, but he's gone. I wish him the best with the Jets and I'm so happy for him when he's having success, but ya gotta move on. Aaron is a first year starter, he's going to have some growing pains.

What didn't have to happen this year was having two rookie's as his backup.

Chevelle2
09-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Prove it.

ah gotcha, probably because you can't, and saying so would be an outrageous hypothetical.

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM

Prove it.

ah gotcha, probably because you can't, and saying so would be an outrageous hypothetical.

obviously its something no one could prove but if u have a brain... its pretty simple

favre is god :lol:

Rastak
09-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Prove it.

obviously its something no one could prove but if u have a brain... its pretty simple

I thought Richie Blackmore was.....

Brainerd
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Prove it.

http://www.paulaltobelli.com/uploaded_images/clapton-is-god-788334.jpg

I thought it was Eric Clapton.

Rastak
09-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Prove it.

http://www.paulaltobelli.com/uploaded_images/clapton-is-god-788334.jpg

I thought it was Eric Clapton.

As my canine friend pointed out this is not the case.....

:wink:

Brainerd
09-28-2008, 07:59 PM
yeah, the dog disagrees. :D

Merlin
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM

This was his first game after a bad game. Maybe I need to see your definition of "bad game" because Rodgers looked just as bad against Dallas. The sole difference being that the defense didn't drop the interceptions in this game. I actually think Rodgers misfired worse in the Dallas game. He threw the same route to Nelson 4-5 times and missed him every time. To me that isn't good, but too each their own I guess.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:23 PM

Prove it.

This is asinine.

Chevelle2
09-28-2008, 09:25 PM

Prove it.

This is asinine.

Whats asinine is somehow saying that we would have certainly won with Favre, when the two situations are completely separate.

retailguy
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Prove it.

This is asinine.

Whats asinine is somehow saying that we would have certainly won with Favre, when the two situations are completely separate.

I don't agree. I also think we would have won with Favre today. He has much more experience, and has shown he could play behind a bad line. Rodgers clearly can't and quite honestly shouldn't be expected to do that.

Rodgers performed fine today, but not good enough to win. expecting him to win today would have been unrealistic. He had NO help from his OL.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM

Prove it.

naw, he's Lord. son of god. larry joe bird is god...

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I think you would indeed figure we win this game with Favre... although this can't be proven. More so because he his more poised in the pocket, takes less hits because he has a feel for pressure... and put it this way: When the other team throws three ints... there is no way favre wont get you some points.

cpk1994
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM

back rodgers all u want but to downplay how good brett is, is absolutely stupid..The only one absolutely stupid is you. All Chevelle is doing is mocking your childish trolling behavior.

Scott Campbell
09-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I think you would indeed figure we win this game with Favre...

I would indeed think we could beat the Bears last season with Favre. And I can prove we didn't.

cpk1994
09-28-2008, 11:28 PM

Prove it.

This is asinine.

Whats asinine is somehow saying that we would have certainly won with Favre, when the two situations are completely separate.CHevelle, Pete is nothing more than a troll. :trll:

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2008, 11:30 PM

Prove it.

This is asinine.

Whats asinine is somehow saying that we would have certainly won with Favre, when the two situations are completely separate.CHevelle, Pete is nothing more than a troll. :trll:

y is he a troll?

whats definition of troll anyway?

Scott Campbell
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM

Think David Duke posting on a NAACP board.

MadtownPacker
09-29-2008, 03:02 AM

back rodgers all u want but to downplay how good brett is, is absolutely stupid..The only one absolutely stupid is you. All Chevelle is doing is mocking your childish trolling behavior.I would probably put all 3 of you in that category.

BTW Paco - Save your whining for from now on. After reading everything from you today I dont want to hear it ever again.

Tarlam!
09-29-2008, 04:48 AM
BTW Paco - Save your whining for from now on. After reading everything from you today I dont want to hear it ever again.

:?: You're in the doghouse, now, Paco. :talk:

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM

Think David Duke posting on a NAACP board.

lmao

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM

back rodgers all u want but to downplay how good brett is, is absolutely stupid..The only one absolutely stupid is you. All Chevelle is doing is mocking your childish trolling behavior.I would probably put all 3 of you in that category.

yeah, he has been whining quite a bit today

wats up mad?

i got too busy to supply those "drugs"; plus was curious about early season responses while sober

MadtownPacker
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM

wats up mad?

i got too busy to supply those "drugs"; plus was curious about early season responses while soberNothing up MOBB, just want to make sure everyone is getting their way about everything they want. Entitlement is the American way after all.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 09:06 PM

wats up mad?

i got too busy to supply those "drugs"; plus was curious about early season responses while soberNothing up MOBB, just want to make sure everyone is getting their way about everything they want. Entitlement is the American way after all.

lol....black folk whined about 40 acres and a mule/slavery reparations but NEVER got it. we needed a latino advocate i guess..... DAYUM....

Pacopete4
09-29-2008, 09:19 PM

ohhhh... scary! Everyone on here is bitchin and whining so please dont talk to me about it

MadtownPacker
09-29-2008, 09:37 PM

ohhhh... scary! Everyone on here is bitchin and whining so please dont talk to me about itYeah but they didnt come crying to me about other posters only to go back and do the same thing. But key on Internet warrior, you are fearless!

falco
09-29-2008, 09:41 PM
what a cry baby, i didn't whine when nutz yelled at me in a game thread two years ago, i just got my blanky, sucked my thumb, and rocked myself to sleep like a man