PDA

View Full Version : The People have spoken - Obama wins first debate

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
A new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll shows 46% of people who watched Friday night's presidential debate say Democrat Barack Obama did a better job than Republican John McCain; 34% said McCain did better.

Obama scored even better -- 52%-35% -- when debate-watchers were asked which candidate offered the best proposals for change to solve the country's problems.

MJZiggy
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
I've also read that Obama won with the women and if McCain doesn't back off that charge about taxing healthcare dollars, the seniors will toast him faster than if he'd suggested cutting social security. Those old folks are a feisty bunch and they vote in hoards.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I've also read that Obama won with the women and if McCain doesn't back off that charge about taxing healthcare dollars, the seniors will toast him faster than if he'd suggested cutting social security. Those old folks are a feisty bunch and they vote in hoards.

Yes, Obama did better with women, but i attribute that to white women's mandingo fascination.

Old folks: Oh yeah...the #s for over 50 weren't good.

Little story...watching UW game with former NAU QB and current real estate pro. Now working with Cambridge..REOs. Out with client, showing a house..when they see another in N. Scottsdale. Pickup the flyer..says 700k. Call the # and speak to the listing agent...who says "you have the flyer? Ignore it. The couple is in the their 70s and just lost everything in the market...just ring the bell and make them an offer."

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 06:54 AM
mandingo fascination? i guess ignorance is bliss

conduct a study wise guy...

sheepshead
09-29-2008, 07:23 AM
That's it, I guess Barry wins!

Zool
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Heh...Mandingo.

sheepshead
09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
No one, I mean no one with any objectivity that watched that debate can say Barry won. It's the first time IN HIS CAREER that he's been challenged on any level. John McCain killed him. The crap you're reading is the same garbage printed after the Kerry-Bush debates and McCain is no Bush and Barry is certainly no John Kerry.

Cheesehead Craig
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
No one, I mean no one with any objectivity that watched that debate can say Barry won. It's the first time IN HIS CAREER that he's been challenged on any level. John McCain killed him. The crap you're reading is the same garbage printed after the Kerry-Bush debates and McCain is no Bush and Barry is certainly no John Kerry.
The Gallup poll is crap?

It's widely acknowledged as THE definative poll.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 04:45 PM

I did my phd on "why white women love black dick."

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 04:47 PM
The Gallup poll is crap?

It's widely acknowledged as THE definative poll.

It is widely know that the Gallup poll is only to be believed when it favors republicans.

It is clear that the Gallup poll merely called MSM dupes and liberals.

sheepshead
09-29-2008, 05:05 PM

I did my phd on "why white women love black dick."

Ok, that did make me laugh...

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not going to dispute or disparage the Gallup Poll. However, the questions they are asking are NOT exactly the most relevant ones.

Gallup's daily tracking polls, which have been at times looking one way, and at times been the other way. are much better indicators. They ask the straight question, who are you gonna vote for? Even there, though, you have extenuating factors--the Bradley effect, the historic movement toward the Republicans late in the game when there is more exposure of positions on issues, and the polling, for some reason, of more Democrats than Republicans.

Also, Gallup polls registered voters rather than "likely" voters.

Cheesehead Craig
09-30-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm not going to dispute or disparage the Gallup Poll. However, the questions they are asking are NOT exactly the most relevant ones.

Gallup's daily tracking polls, which have been at times looking one way, and at times been the other way. are much better indicators. They ask the straight question, who are you gonna vote for? Even there, though, you have extenuating factors--the Bradley effect, the historic movement toward the Republicans late in the game when there is more exposure of positions on issues, and the polling, for some reason, of more Democrats than Republicans.

Also, Gallup polls registered voters rather than "likely" voters.

This was your quote on Sept 9th Tex:

Four straight days now, the Gallup Poll--the most respected and reputed to be objective poll--has had McCain/Palin up by 4 to 6 percentage points.

Go ahead and stick that fork in Obama. He indeed is done.

You can't one time say that the poll means Obama is done and then when it's not in your favor start adding caveats on what you believe the bias behind the poll is. That's John Kerry-like flip-flopping.

Zool
09-30-2008, 08:52 AM
He most certainly can. It's the American way.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Craig is swiftboating Tex!

mraynrand
09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Craig is swiftboating Tex!

agreed: truth telling.

Tony Oday
09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
I love it the USA Today poll? Thats like using an Al Franken poll or a Rush Poll...cmon