PDA

View Full Version : Charles Woodson

packers11
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Defensive MVP for first 4 games???

Pacopete4
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
if Charles Woodson is not the best DB in the league, I would love for a person to show me who is... the guys unreal

red
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
do you mean for the nfl or the team?

he has to be up there for defensive mvp at this point

but i would say he's the mvp of this entire team for sure so far

MJZiggy
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
do you mean for the nfl or the team?

he has to be up there for defensive mvp at this point

but i would say he's the mvp of this entire team for sure so far

Yes, best on the team, you could make a case for Kampy, but I think C-Wood still wins it and if you're better than Kampman, you're for sure better than anyone else in the league...

Chevelle2
09-29-2008, 07:05 AM
I have maintained since last year, he is the best CB in the NFL. Just nasty.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 07:10 AM

If not him, Cullen Jenkins.

packerbacker1234
09-29-2008, 07:11 AM
I have maintained since last year, he is the best CB in the NFL. Just nasty.

Best overall in the nfl/our team at CB? Ok, I can give you that. However, There are certain things Harris just does BETTER then Woodson. Woodson, however, makes up for those faults because he can hold on to ints, something Harris has always had a hard time with.

Still, I can't just simply hand him the defensive mvp over 4 games, even on our roster. To do so would be ignoring the fact that Nick Collins has played just as good as Charles Woodson. Or, do we not want to give him credit becasue everyone wanted to bench him last year for Rouse? Collins has been lights out at safety this season.

SkinBasket
09-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Collins has been lights out at safety this season.

Can't be lights out with yo' back out. Collins has been good, but he has an easier job than Woodson considering the coverage we play.

That and Collin's back goes out and he runs right off the field. Chuck gets better the more he's injured.

MadtownPacker
09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Woodson for team defensive MVP right now.

mraynrand
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM

People seem to think you mean on the team. Of course he's been the defensive MVP on the team. Question is whether he's been defensive MVP of the league. He's got to be up there. Shut down TO, two INTs for TDs, multiple INTs and passes defensed. Yep - league wide defensive MVP - he's right up there.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
No.

The best CB in the league is Nnamdi Asomugha.

mraynrand
09-29-2008, 09:35 AM
No.

The best CB in the league is Nnamdi Asomugha.

He may be - but is he the defensive MVP. Probably not.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I wasn't saying he was DMVP.

if Charles Woodson is not the best DB in the league, I would love for a person to show me who is... the guys unreal

Nnamdi.

Charles Woodson
09-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Nnamdi.
Idk, i agree that Nnamadi is a top 3 CB, but at this point, 4 weeks in CW is the best CB, i mean his numbers, 3 picks, 2 TDs are disgusting...

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 04:25 PM

Nnamdi.
Idk, i agree that Nnamadi is a top 3 CB, but at this point, 4 weeks in CW is the best CB, i mean his numbers, 3 picks, 2 TDs are disgusting...

Ok, but there's a little more to it than just the picks. He's also got caught playing grab ass a couple of times. I guess that's the nature of bump and run. But overall, he's played great.

I'm surprised there's not more love for Cullen Jenkins. He's been a freak out there.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
shawn springs, asante samuel, kerry rhodes, champ bailey to name a few

homerism

Bossman641
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM

homerism

Shawn Springs? No fuckin chance

Isn't Kerry Rhodes a safety?

MTPackerfan
09-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Nnamdi.

Ok, but there's a little more to it than just the picks. He's also got caught playing grab ass a couple of times. I guess that's the nature of bump and run. But overall, he's played great.

I'm surprised there's not more love for Cullen Jenkins. He's been a freak out there.

Jenkins has been playing lights out. Too bad he was hurt yesterday, you could tell when he wasn't in the game, DL play dropped off.

BF4MVP
09-29-2008, 04:56 PM

homerism
Shawn Springs is better than Woodson? Whatever you're smokin, I want some..

Kerry Rhodes is a free safety..

It's hard to argue against Samuel and Bailey since those guys are both studs..

There's nothing wrong with "homerism" in here..It's a Packer forum after all..

Woodson is an absolute beast..It'd be tough to find a CB having a better season than he is having..

Scott Campbell
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Nnamdi.

Jenkins has been playing lights out. Too bad he was hurt yesterday, you could tell when he wasn't in the game, DL play dropped off.

And he seems almost equally effective from both spots - DT and DL. I was watching a couple of plays yesterday and the pocket collapsed from the middle. I'd ask "who the hell was that"? And sure enough on the replay, it'd be Jenkins again.

BF4MVP
09-29-2008, 05:01 PM

Nnamdi.

Jenkins is having a great season. He's having the kind of season that I expected him to have last year..It's good to see that so far, he has rebounded from a subpar '07. He might be worth that contract after all.

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 05:01 PM

homerism

yep; i meant #24 darrelle revis

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 05:04 PM

homerism
Shawn Springs is better than Woodson? Whatever you're smokin, I want some..

Kerry Rhodes is a free safety..

It's hard to argue against Samuel and Bailey since those guys are both studs..

There's nothing wrong with "homerism" in here..It's a Packer forum after all..

Woodson is an absolute beast..It'd be tough to find a CB having a better season than he is having..

as if ANY of us have seen all of them play....thats y it wreaks of homerism (or should it be termed ignorance, just sayn things that SOUND nice but are inaccurate?)

packers11
09-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Another fun stat : Woodson leads the NFL in pass deflections : 12

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2008, 07:38 PM

homerism

did u see springs on TO last night???

BF4MVP
09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

homerism

What about Woodson on TO last week?

mission
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM

homerism

did you see *TO* even play against the packers?

you're retarded half the time. we'd be at best 1-3 without chuck.

packers11
10-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Ints: 4 (tied for 1st)
Pass Deflections : 15 (1st)
TD's : 2 (tied for 1st)

The Shadow
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Love smart players!

DannoMac21
10-13-2008, 12:40 PM

homerism

LMAO

steve823
10-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Man this thread is depressing. Woodson is great but so much talk about Jenkins. He was having such a great season and was such a force. Every dam play he made something happen and then boom out for the season. Man still cant get over it I feel bad for the guy. :cry:

But yea Woodson is amazing andis leading in basically every category.

SnakeLH2006
10-15-2008, 02:01 AM

I didnt' even read the 2nd post....i've been saying it for weeks...Al was not a loss..we got better statistically on pass D without him. Wood is the man....Been our MVP all year, might've been last year. Not even close..This man determines games....what other Packer player has even come close to determining a game this year?......Haven't read one more post than the first....I"m sure this one is spot on...Woodson for MVP. End Post.

LL2
10-15-2008, 08:34 AM
I’m not sure what the current line up in the secondary is, but with Tramon Williams getting better along with Rouse, it would be great to get Al Harris back healthy and put Harris, Woodson, Williams, Rouse, and Collins all on the field. I would hope that would make an unbeatable secondary in the second half of the season.

3irty1
10-15-2008, 08:35 AM
I’m not sure what the current line up in the secondary is, but with Tramon Williams getting better along with Rouse, it would be great to get Al Harris back healthy and put Harris, Woodson, Williams, Rouse, and Collins all on the field. I would hope that would make an unbeatable secondary in the second half of the season.

I want Bigby back.

LL2
10-15-2008, 08:40 AM

I want Bigby back.

Yeah...put him on the field too with the others.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
6 hot shot DBs, that would shut down passing, all right.

They'd run it down our throat, though. We also need a healthy Justin Harrell lined up next to Pickett, and we need Barnett to snap out of his funk, and Hawk to play like he did the first 3 or 4 games. Of course, with 6 DBs, you're either down to 1 LB or else 2 LBs with a 3 man line.

The point is, I think you have to ROTATE those DBs, maybe go to a little bit more nickel, since we have depth in DBs. We all know injuries happen. Let's not get carried away. Let's just keep doing what the Packers do--which is the highly effective Bates/Sanders defensive scheme--that should work a helluva lot better with 3 shutdown corners than 2, with 2 prototype DTs than 1, and a rotation of 3 quality safeties instead of 0, 1, or 2--whatever we had before.

boiga
10-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I want Bigby back. Agreed. Nick Collins has improved since last year, but doesn't have Bigby's instincts against the run. More importantly, Peprah is a bit of a liability when he comes in to give Rouse or Collins a rest.

Collins is the best coverage guy among them with his speed. Bigby is the best run stopper with his hard hitting. He runs over RB's when Collins and Rouse get run over. Having both these guys in their natural positions will give a big boost to our D.

Scott Campbell
10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Let's just keep doing what the Packers do--which is the highly effective Bates/Sanders defensive scheme.

:shock:

That's the first I've heard of this scheme. When do they plan on rolling it out?

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Well Hawk is hurt, and when he was playing like a beast in the first 3 games Barnett was playing like a turd. It seems the Packers have decided to go back to their over scheme having the weakside linebacker flow to the cut back lane instead of going directly to the ball carrier in an under scheme.

Tarlam!
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Let's just keep doing what the Packers do--which is the highly effective Bates/Sanders defensive scheme.

:shock:

That's the first I've heard of this scheme. When do they plan on rolling it out?

C'mon, Scott. You're being cynical. When I read the reference, I mentally applauded Tex for remembering Bates at all.

packers11
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Stud once again... Reggie Wayne got locked up...

LL2
10-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Overall the secondary is starting to look pretty good. If Harris and Bigby can make it better when they come back GB could have the best secondary.