PDA

View Full Version : Nick Collins

Joemailman
09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Charles Woodson got his own thread so I think Nick deserves one. He has had huge plays in every game this year. It took a while, but he is finally becoming the impact player the Packers envisioned when they drafted him. Get Bigby back, and this secondary has a chance to be special.

By the way, didn't the poster Justin Harrell used to be Nick Collins? If so, he might want to switch back. :D

Bretsky
09-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Charles Woodson got his own thread so I think Nick deserves one. He has had huge plays in every game this year. It took a while, but he is finally becoming the impact player the Packers envisioned when they drafted him. Get Bigby back, and this secondary has a chance to be special.

By the way, didn't the poster Justin Harrell used to be Nick Collins? If so, he might want to switch back. :D

Yes, he was once Greg Jennings, then Nick Collins, and then he bucked the second round trend by becoming Justin Harrell.

I thought he might pickup Jordy Nelson this year but I think he wants Harrell to accomplish something first.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Sick Pick Nick is what I will start calling him if he keeps this up.

What is the status on Collins contract? Can he opt out of next season?

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
He looks great this year. I really hope it's clicking. He looks very instinctive and sure handed which are my two beefs with him prior to this year.

He's a sure fire all-pro if he keeps this up.

rbaloha1
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Sick Pick Nick is what I will start calling him if he keeps this up.

What is the status on Collins contract? Can he opt out of next season?

Playing at a pro bowl level.

This could be the final year of the contract thus the elevated play. NC needs to be resigned.

mission
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
He looks great this year. I really hope it's clicking. He looks very instinctive and sure handed which are my two beefs with him prior to this year.

He's a sure fire all-pro if he keeps this up.

I agree with most of this but that drop today looked like the old nick collins.

gotta admit i cursed him on that play and verbally sent him back to 06 but that pick today was a very instinctive and athletic play. i did apologize to him however, after int heh

I'd also like to think he's laying a lot more lumber than he has in the past. Harder and more consistent ... he used to wiff ala sharper a lot more before ... he looks a lot bigger; that camera shot after the pick with his helmet off ... lol he has a fat ol head! [[/i]

packerbacker1234
09-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Let me say - I cannot complain ever for dropped ints. Mainly because they were in position to make it... and if they were excellent at catching they wouldn't be a defensive back. I mean, woodson is pretty good but even he drops some easy ones.

Collins has been a bright spot for us... getting big plays and being around the ball a lot.

ANyone notice that Rouse seemed absent this game? Something tells me there is a reason Bigby and Collins are better options then Rouse.