PDA

View Full Version : On a bright note, Childress isn't our coach

ahaha
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
What the hell was he thinking yesterday?
There were 2 minutes left in the game, down by 13, ball at their own 18, no timeouts, and it's 4th and 13. Sure, a comeback is highly unlikely, but not impossible. What does Childress do? He gives up and punts. Titans kneel out the clock. COWARD! He just broke a cardinal rule of sports. If you still have a chance, you try.
I hate the Vikings, and should be laughing at that. But, as a sports fan, I am offended by this gutless act.
Is their any logical reason for this?

Freak Out
09-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Bizarre....at least run a fake. No timeouts? Are you sure? :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM

Yes. The Vikings radio announcers were questioning it at the time. It was very strange. Why not go for it? Even if they didn't get the first down, the Titans would have just kneeled on the ball.

falco
09-29-2008, 07:27 PM
according to childress he thought they could get the ball back :?:

Freak Out
09-29-2008, 07:28 PM

Yes. The Vikings radio announcers were questioning it at the time. It was very strange. Why not go for it? Even if they didn't get the first down, the Titans would have just kneeled on the ball.

He should be fired.

mission
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM

That doesn't make any sense. They still need two scores.

falco
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM

that's what he said in his presser today

CaliforniaCheez
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
He kept the Titans from running up the score.....

Net points is a playoff tiebreaker........

No matter what though Fisher was just going to kneel with the ball.

Just start making "KEEP CHILDRESS" signs.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM

Onside kick.

It some respects it does make sense. Let's say the titans use the least amount of time possible..still going to make it 16 points, a 2 score game with two 2 point conversions. That is almost impossible.

On the other hand, if they do get the ball back. A td, onside kick (needed in other scenario as well), and another td tie the game..extra point wins it.

Impossible vs. slightly less impossible.

mission
09-29-2008, 07:34 PM

Onside kick.

It some respects it does make sense. Let's say the titans use the least amount of time possible..still going to make it 16 points, a 2 score game with two 2 point conversions. That is almost impossible.

On the other hand, if they do get the ball back. A td, onside kick (needed in other scenario as well), and another td tie the game..extra point wins it.

Impossible vs. slightly less impossible.

Right, but the clock and timeout situation dictates that the Titans are just going to kneel on the ball anyway. So lets just say that somehow gives them time to get the ball back ... they still need to use those few seconds to get all the way down the field, then get an onside and THEN do it all over again?

Sounds IMPOSSIBLE to me. Mathematically.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Mathematics: Well, i gotta trust him over us. But, like i said...impossible vs. impossible.

I think cheese is prolly right.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Mathematics: Well, i gotta trust him over us. But, like i said...impossible vs. impossible.

Do you understand the situation? There was under 2 minutes left and the Vikings had 0 timeouts. That means once the Titans fair caught the punt, they could run out the clock by kneeling on the ball. That would have been the case whether the Vikings went for it or punted. It had nothing to do with playoff tiebreakers or giving the Vikings a better chance. He basically sent up the white flag.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM

Do you understand the situation? There was under 2 minutes left and the Vikings had 0 timeouts. That means once the Titans fair caught the ball, they could run out the clock by kneeling on the ball. It had nothing to do with playoff tiebreakers or giving the Vikings a better chance. He basically sent up the white flag.

Yes, i do. I was using what childress said according to what Falco posted.

Try and follow along.

falco
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM

Do you understand the situation? There was under 2 minutes left and the Vikings had 0 timeouts. That means once the Titans fair caught the ball, they could run out the clock by kneeling on the ball. It had nothing to do with playoff tiebreakers or giving the Vikings a better chance. He basically sent up the white flag.

Try and follow along.

the point of my post is that childress is a retard

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 08:26 PM

Try and follow along.

I'm not disagreeing with that.

the point of my post is that childress is a retard

BZnDallas
09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
KEEP CHILDRESS!!!!!
IN CHILDRESS
WE TRUST!!

Freak Out
09-29-2008, 09:42 PM
KEEP CHILDRESS!!!!!
IN CHILDRESS
WE TRUST!!

2nd.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM

Try and follow along.

You win a lot of "arguments" in your own mind, don't you?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Try and follow along.

Pay attention..i'll spell it out. THe first poster asked why he would do it. The only explanation, except for giving up, is as falco said...thought he could get the ball back.

I gave the Childress rationale of why you would do it if you thought you were gonna get the ball back. Falco posted that childress said he thought they would get it back.

I'm not debating that he is an idiot...certainly they weren't if they had no timeouts. But, merely going over what was in his mind.

ahaha
09-29-2008, 10:16 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he really think that? What a boob. That explanation makes Ray Rhodes look like a brilliant football strategist.

mission
09-29-2008, 10:21 PM

Try and follow along.

Pay attention..i'll spell it out. THe first poster asked why he would do it. The only explanation, except for giving up, is as falco said...thought he could get the ball back.

I gave the Childress rationale of why you would do it if you thought you were gonna get the ball back. Falco posted that childress said he thought they would get it back.

I'm not debating that he is an idiot...certainly they weren't if they had no timeouts. But, merely going over what was in his mind.

You're missing the point actually, homie...

Situation 1: They had the ball and punted on fourth down.

Sitation 2: The other team had the ball and didn't have to run a play.

Situation 1 says you can run another play on 4th dowen and have SOME (minuscule) chance of scoring, kicking an onside and continuing to pray to the football gods.

Situation 2 says NOTHING good can happen. *They* have the ball. You can't score. You can't get the ball back. Nothing. Nada. NO.

It's not impossible versus impossible.

It's improbable versus impossible. Really.

I promise. :idea:

But you agreeing that Childress is an idiot is *really* all that matters.

Rastak
09-30-2008, 06:27 AM
I agree with harv that it was a white flag thing. He knew he had only a tiny tiny change of pulling it off and having a bigger chance of further demoralizing his team, one that's only one game worse than GB... :wink:

Seriously, I'd prefer to make any last ditch try I could but I have seen many teams backed up like that without much time punt.

I would have tried and let them kneel down if I failed, hoping they wouldn't try and run up the score.

In conclusion, I don't agree with Chilly, I agree he's kind of an idiot. This isn't the only occurence of a team waiting to fight another day and GB and Minny are one game apart!

cpk1994
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM

Try and follow along.

the point of my post is that childress is a retardIsn't your post rhetorical then?

sepporepi
09-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Maybe he meant they could get the ball back trough a fumble fielding the punt. And maybe he thaught that chance was higher than chances converting a 4th down with that offense *gg.

For sure it was not improbable vs. impossible.

More like: very improbable vs. very, very improbable
:lol:

BZnDallas
09-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I agree with harv that it was a white flag thing. He knew he had only a tiny tiny change of pulling it off and having a bigger chance of further demoralizing his team, one that's only one game worse than GB... :wink:

Seriously, I'd prefer to make any last ditch try I could but I have seen many teams backed up like that without much time punt.

I would have tried and let them kneel down if I failed, hoping they wouldn't try and run up the score.

In conclusion, I don't agree with Chilly, I agree he's kind of an idiot. This isn't the only occurence of a team waiting to fight another day and GB and Minny are one game apart!

as of right now rastak we own the tiebreaker so in if we wanna get technical its kinda like a two game lead... ;)

but i'm no technical charlie so what the standings say the standings are... haha... you know i'm just play'n with ya pimp'n... lol