PDA

View Full Version : Cullen Jenkins will miss the rest of the season

packers11
09-30-2008, 12:14 PM
www.rotoworld.com

The National Football Post reports that Packers DE /DT Cullen Jenkins will miss the rest of the season with a torn pectoral muscle.

Another huge loss for the Packers defense following Al Harris' injury. Jenkins (13 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and a forced fumble) has versatility and plays well against the run, making him Green Bay's second-most valuable lineman. We thought Green Bay would be a top-ten defense, but they are looking average after this news.

Source: Nationalfootballpost.com

packers11
09-30-2008, 12:16 PM
This season has been a disaster already with injures... Its only week 4 and half of the defense is down with injures :shock: :(

Brando19
09-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow....just wow. Time for KGB to earn his paycheck.

bobblehead
09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
In all probability this is a knife in us going deep in the playoffs...now just making the playoffs is the main goal.

Spaulding
09-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Given the rash of injuries and play of offensive line, this has all the makings of 2005 all over.

Holding my breath that the stars align, Rodgers plays next week, Hawk's is a strain and not tear, Harris is out for short duration, Harrell comes back and plays well and not like a bust, and that Grant steps it up along with whole offensive line.

Time to stock the beer with a lot of pain killing beer.

Chevelle2
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Im usually an optimist.....but uhh yeah....you can pretty much put this season to bed now I think....somehow out 6-10 record will be AR's fault.

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
This season is starting to remind me of 2005. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

BallHawk
09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Damnit. He was healthy this year and it showed, he was playing well. It is looking like 2005, indeed. Some guys are going to need to step up. 10-6 looks great right now.

And, please, nobody mention Corey Williams.

packers11
09-30-2008, 12:33 PM
When does Harrell get back???

Carolina_Packer
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Who do they have right now to take his place on the roster? I seem to recall they stashed a DT on the PS.

BallHawk
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM

Never.

packers11
09-30-2008, 12:37 PM
9/29/09

Defensive end Cullen Jenkins' injury was categorized as a chest strain. The injury, according to Jenkins, is similar to the one that sidelined Hawk but he did not think it was too serious and was waiting for test results.

Jenkins has missed just two games in the four-plus years he has been with the Packers and is off to perhaps his best start with 2½ sacks, 10 quarterback hits and four tackles for loss.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800549

Only one site is reporting about the out for season claim... Maybe i'm trying to be optimistic but no other source (including local packer websites) have reported anything.

packers11
09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Now the packers should go with more blitz schemes! If people thought they hardly got pressure with Jenkins in the lineup , now its going to be hard to imagine 4 rushing without him in the lineup.

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
this season was doomed anyways the minute we got rid of......

ok i wont go there.. :wink:

GBRulz
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Haven't heard anything about Jenkins being out for the season. If it's true, it absolutely will be painful for us. However, we're not struggling so much on defense, it's the offense that is much more concerning to me.

sharpe1027
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM

I think he has to sit out six weeks for being on the PUP list at the start of the season...so week seven at the earliest.

mission
09-30-2008, 01:30 PM
This is a huge fuckin blow .... huge.....

You already did.

You wonder why someone compared you to a 5 year old the other day and you got offended. Maybe stop acting like a fuckin five year old and people will treat you half-way as an adult.

Go search for your name and read all of your posts over the last 2 weeks.

You make MOBB DEPP and SNAKE look like rocket scientists sometime.

Fake it til you make it or something.

Tony Oday
09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Ah CRAP! Who can we get on trades :)

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 01:36 PM

You already did.

You wonder why someone compared you to a 5 year old the other day and you got offended. Maybe stop acting like a fuckin five year old and people will treat you half-way as an adult.

I just find it hilarious.. thats all

call me what u want, say what u want... i dont give a ratass what some little man on some website says to me..

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 01:40 PM
oh my God.

I was just thinking last week, what player can the Packers least afford to lose (besides Arod). Cullen Jenkins was at top of the list. They need him for nearly every down because of the nature of their rotation.

I think its time to have a good cry.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
This season is starting to remind me of 2005. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

If only Sherman could be brought back to be fired again.

Carolina_Packer
09-30-2008, 01:54 PM

Geez, will you let the cutting of Jon Ryan go already! Derrick Frost is our punter now, pal, until at least the bye week. Get over it. Ryan is not coming back through that door, no matter how much we all want it.

mission
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM

ill join you

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 02:02 PM

ill join you

it really boggles my mind though.. and I dont wanna be a jerk to u here.. so take me serious... I cannot believe u thought this season was going to turn out anything but either middle of the pack or terrible... Mission, I know u like Arod a ton and thats cool.. I think he can be a good nfl QB if he can somehow ever stay healthy, but come on my man...

Last year we won games we probably shouldn't of had. Call it Favre magic, or fate, or whatever u'd like but christ we were a 9-1 team with NO running game last season... think how hard that is to accomplish in the NFL.

No matter the talent that we have, or depth as a lot like to call it... we played better than who we were last year and thats it. We will be FINE this season... we'll win the games we're supposed to most likely.. so everyone relax and watch us progress thru the season and probably battle it out with the bears for a playoff spot because the division winner is most likely only going to get in this season.

th87
09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Ugh.

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 02:07 PM

You already did.

I just find it hilarious.. thats all

call me what u want, say what u want... i dont give a ratass what some little man on some website says to me..

I'm pretty sure people in "real life" think you're immature too.

Naw, lifes good man.... thanks for getting to know me! haha douche

packers11
09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Jenkins placed on IR, out for the season

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/09/30/jenkins-placed-on-ir-out-for-the-season.aspx

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Jenkins placed on IR, out for the season

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/09/30/jenkins-placed-on-ir-out-for-the-season.aspx

fuck.... I think his brother went down this past weekend too.. not a good weekend for the jenkins famil

Brando19
09-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Geez, will you let the cutting of Jon Ryan go already! Derrick Frost is our punter now, pal, until at least the bye week. Get over it. Ryan is not coming back through that door, no matter how much we all want it.

You dumbass.

He's talking about Vernand Morency.

packers11
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Packers have 2 DT's they can move up from the practice squad and Harrell on the PUP...

Fred Bledsoe DT 6-3 329
Alfred Malone DT 6-4 312

http://www.packers.com/team/players/

packers11
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Packers listed Jenkins as a DE on the website, they only have 3 current DT's on the roster...

Do you think its possible they are looking for another DE in waivers/trades?

Pacopete4
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM

You dumbass.

He's talking about Vernand Morency.

No, no, NO!... you both have it wrong. I was talking about a gloomy day in Green Bay Packer football... one of the worst days for this franchise and for the NFL. It happened on Feb. 20th, 2008, the day that.........

Bubba Franks was released and allowed to go to the Jets high powered offense :lol:

BallHawk
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Packers have 2 DT's they can move up from the practice squad and Harrell on the PUP...

Fred Bledsoe DT 6-3 329
Alfred Malone DT 6-4 312

http://www.packers.com/team/players/

Of the two available on PS I'd rather have Malone. It'd be nice if we still had Muir but he's with Indy now.

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
it really boggles my mind though.. and I dont wanna be a jerk to u here.. so take me serious... I cannot believe u thought this season was going to turn out anything but either middle of the pack or terrible... Mission, I know u like Arod a ton and thats cool.. I think he can be a good nfl QB if he can somehow ever stay healthy, but come on my man...

Get over it. The last time we had an injury epidemic like this we went 4-12 and we had Brett Favre on the team, and he was three years younger. It gets to the point where there's not much you can do--no matter who the QB is. Take a look at how Indianapolis is doing right now with all of their injuries.

BallHawk
09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
The slew of injuries happening to players on good teams this year is bad for the NFL. Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Packers.....all teams that are mainstays atop the NFL are banged up. People aren't gonna be spending big bucks for tickets to see starless teams play in the playoffs......if they get to the playoffs.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
it really boggles my mind though.. and I dont wanna be a jerk to u here.. so take me serious...

Do you really expect people to take you seriously? :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Get over it. The last time we had an injury epidemic like this we went 4-12 and we had Brett Favre on the team, and he was three years younger. It gets to the point where there's not much you can do--no matter who the QB is. Take a look at how Indianapolis is doing right now with all of their injuries.

your response makes sense. But Paco is just being a troll, anything that happens to the Packers is a result of the Curse of the Baby. Not sure it is wise to respond to him anymore.

Bossman641
09-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Awful news. He has been the only consistent performer on the DL thus far.

And Paco, please STFU. It's obvious you look for any chance possible to lick Favre's nuts. Yea, we went 13-3 last year. We also had very few significant injuries. This year there has been some bad football, but also a ton of bad luck. 2005 all over again.

No way is Jeremy Thompson ready. I've always thought people underestimated KGB in the past, but this year he has been awful thus far. If I were an opposing OC, I'd run left all day long.

Patler
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Could be a very interesting defense this week:

Jenkins and Harris out.
Bigby perhaps still out.
Hawk ????
Collins and Rouse both banged up. Collins back could be a problem. One or both maybe not ready.
Woodson still hobbled with a broken toe.

Bossman641
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Could be a very interesting defense this week:

Jenkins and Harris out.
Bigby perhaps still out.
Hawk ????
Collins and Rouse both banged up. Collins back could be a problem. One or both maybe not ready.
Woodson still hobbled with a broken toe.

I really don't have a good feeling about Collins. What's the word on Rouse? How severe was his injury? I'm hoping Woodson can go.

Kampman-Jolly-Pickett-Montgomery

Poppinga-Barnett-Chillar

Woodson-Peprah-Rouse-Williams

That's ugly. This is not what I had in mind for the year.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
I think Williams playing for Harris is fine.

Rouse struggles at times, but I think he can do the job.

Its the defensive line where the Packers are hurtin for certain.

Patler
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM

If Peprah and Bush are the starting safeties, the back end of the defense could be hurting, too.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I really feel bad for Jenkins. He had come such a long way in putting last year behind him - and then this.

MTPackerfan
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM

If Peprah and Bush are the starting safeties, the back end of the defense could be hurting, too.

What is the story on Bigby's recovery? Any news on that front?

mmmdk
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I really feel bad for Jenkins. He had come such a long way in putting last year behind him - and then this.

Me too! What about Hawk?

Soon leaving on a jet plane!

sharpe1027

Agreed. Good defensive line play can make just about any combination of DBs look good. It doesn't work as well the other way around, IMO.

retailguy
maybe we can give Brian Brohm to Cleveland and get Williams back. :D

Brando19
09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
maybe we can give Brian Brohm to Cleveland and get Williams back. :D

Shut your mouth!!! :wink:

bobblehead
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM

ill join you

Last year we won games we probably shouldn't of had. Call it Favre magic, or fate, or whatever u'd like but christ we were a 9-1 team with NO running game last season... think how hard that is to accomplish in the NFL.

No matter the talent that we have, or depth as a lot like to call it... we played better than who we were last year and thats it. We will be FINE this season... we'll win the games we're supposed to most likely.. so everyone relax and watch us progress thru the season and probably battle it out with the bears for a playoff spot because the division winner is most likely only going to get in this season.

So, we are returning 21 of 22 starters, all the young talent is a year more mature and you thought we would border on disaster BEFORE the injuries?? Now, I give favre his props, but he also has been abysmal in the playoffs and was the QB of a 4-12 season recently. I figured we would be 10-6 this year with a first year starter at QB, and so far ARod has been up and down, no shocker there. The injuries to harrel, jenkins, bigby, wells, and harris is making it tough to dupe last season, but hey, if favre were here we would be 4-0 right now. I think your bordering on losing any semblance of credibility you might have had.

cpk1994
09-30-2008, 04:10 PM

your response makes sense. But Paco is just being a troll, anything that happens to the Packers is a result of the Curse of the Baby. Not sure it is wise to respond to him anymore.Ya know, I don't like to do this and I don't want to make it a habit, but I totally aree with you.

packerbacker1234
09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
At least at the DE position, we do have a very capable, experienced, backup. Still waiting for some DT depth, though.

Oh, and yeah this sucks.

packerbacker1234
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM

your response makes sense. But Paco is just being a troll, anything that happens to the Packers is a result of the Curse of the Baby. Not sure it is wise to respond to him anymore.Ya know, I don't like to do this and I don't want to make it a habit, but I totally aree with you.

The injury epedemic this season I don't think is comparable to the 4-12 year with Favre. Why? Despite the injuries last game - the defense came to play. They have virtually come to play each week. Harris goes down - williams does a great job replacing him. Hawk may need to sit a game or two, i bet Chillar is a fine bandaid. Bigby goes out? Rouse is playing good enough to hold it down till he is back.

The difference is, the defense has the depth, at each position of injury, to take care of itself. Yeah sure, if williams or woodson go out... yeah then were screwed there. Yeah, if a saftey goes down... were in trouble. Yes, if hawk is out and naother LB goes down... ok yeah were screwed. However, our defensive depth really shined last game. The 4 - 12 season really hurt, because it took away the offensive firepower, and there was no replacement for it. Defensively we can replace pretty much everyone right now OK save Woodson/Williams, Ryan Picket, and Barnett. The defense has a lot of injuries yes, but injuries that our D is solid enough to deal with.

To note with Indy - They had there full roster last game and still lost. There lone win came when the guys were hurt. Besides, Peyton didn't exactly lose his offensive weapons. He lost a center, and dallas clark. he has gone many stretches without clark before without any stopping. He just has played bad. Or, abd to his standards. He even said so himself - it wasn't the guys not playing, but it was him not performing.

Last I checked, he still had harrison and Wayne out there.

Kyle.McCarroll
09-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I would've rather slammed my nuts in a door then to have lost Jenkins.

Kiwon
09-30-2008, 05:19 PM

You mean no Packers / Jets Super Bowl this year?

More than anything I wanted to see how good the Packers, sans Farve, could be. I viewed this year as a chance to more accurately assess TT's progress to build the Packers into a long-term winner.

Injuries to key players might make TT look like a genius if the subs play well, but I can see a 2005-type season shaping up as well making a true assessment of TT's performance difficult.

Bretsky
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
In all probability this is a knife in us going deep in the playoffs...now just making the playoffs is the main goal.

That was my goal with everyone healthy. Now Rodgers will have to elevate his play sooner than I thought he'd need to in order to get us into the playoffs. The bright part is our division sucks

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2008, 05:46 PM
At least at the DE position, we do have a very capable, experienced, backup. Still waiting for some DT depth, though.

Oh, and yeah this sucks.

What backup? KGB? The problem is he's not an early down player, so we have only Montgomery to replace Jenkins on early downs. On passing downs, we move Jenkins inside. We don't a great replacement there either. This injury is one of the worst we could have.

red
09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
shit

i think we're making up for the lack of injuries last year

bobblehead
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
shit

i think we're making up for the lack of injuries last year

I blame babying them in the preseason with more off time. Our bodies respond to how we treat them...be a cream puff and you get hurt when the heavy hitting starts. Be indoors all the time and you suck when the bitter cold and wind hit.

falco
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
everyone just needs to lower their expectations - this will be a tough year, but rodgers will gain experience along with the rest of our young guys (especilaly those elevated due to injuries)...playoffs are obviously still possible in our weak division but looking less likely IMHO

just hope people don't start expecting rodgers to carry the team, its not his fault all the injuries are occuring

Joemailman
09-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I imagine they're going to have to activate one of the DT's off the practice squad. Montgomery will have to be strictly a DE now. This is big trouble if the Pack's inability to run the ball continues to force the defense to play most of the game.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Hard to believe that DT was our deepest position just one year ago. Can you imagine if Jolly were suspended?

packers11
09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I just read a report that it will take 3 months to heal... Therefore he chose to get the surgery done since he would be out for the whole season anyway...

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I blame babying them in the preseason with more off time. Our bodies respond to how we treat them...be a cream puff and you get hurt when the heavy hitting starts. Be indoors all the time and you suck when the bitter cold and wind hit.

And what's your response to the fact that McCarthy also "babied" them the last two years, and we were very fortunate with injuries?

falco
09-30-2008, 07:59 PM

And what's your response to the fact that McCarthy also "babied" them the last two years, and we were very fortunate with injuries?

oh man bobblehead you are burnt toast

http://www.rubinville.com/dailydave/uploaded_images/burnt_toast-724090.jpg

Freak Out
09-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Ha ha ha......Funny stuff. Email TT.

Goat
09-30-2008, 08:05 PM
The one thing that everyone is missing is that we need better tackling from the mike spot and better alley fill from the Safties. If the safties fill better the long runs are eliminated. Mike backer can tackle those annoying 3 or 4 yard iso's up the gut don't keep drives going.

Pass rush can be manufactured by a DC with some vision and flexibility.

if anybody happened to watch Pittsburgh and Baltimore last night, that is how aggressive D plays. backers pressing the line and Dline getting penetration.

it doesn't matter what scheme you run. You can run a 6-1, 46, 4-3, or 3-4. It is all about fundamentals and anger. The enemy has your fucking ball and you need to hate anybody who has YOUR ball. I am not seeing that flat out anger on Defense.

Bobby Sanders needs to lock them all in a room with buckets of black paint.

tell them they can't get out till all the walls are painted and they have listened to every Metallica CD repeatedly for 24 hrs.

Anger is a powerful emotion that appears to be lacking on the Defense.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM

what would you do save Rodgers?

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Oh, and yeah this sucks.

What backup? KGB? The problem is he's not an early down player, so we have only Montgomery to replace Jenkins on early downs. On passing downs, we move Jenkins inside. We don't a great replacement there either. This injury is one of the worst we could have.

Jenkins is the most irreplacable player after Rodgers.

falco
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM

i would slam your nuts in the door bluedog

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 09:06 PM
come on now, business before pleasure

Rastak
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
LOL, you guys kill me......

:lol:

falco
09-30-2008, 09:13 PM

i like you rastak... and i'll continue to do so until your team is better than mine

Rastak
09-30-2008, 09:15 PM

i like you rastak... and i'll continue to do so until your team is better than mine

To quote Frank Zappa....

I figure the odds be fifty fifty.

Perhaps slightly less than for the Vikes to be honest.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM

Take a number asshole. :lol:

Noodle
09-30-2008, 10:20 PM

But if you do that, aren't you afraid of breakin' Skin's jaw?

Dabaddestbear
09-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Damnit. He was healthy this year and it showed, he was playing well. It is looking like 2005, indeed. Some guys are going to need to step up. 10-6 looks great right now.

10-6? ..lol.
Try 8-8, and take that with a smile.

Bretsky
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM

10-6? ..lol.

It's a good thing there are no good teams in this division or the losses would be more depressing

Jimx29
09-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Karmas' a bitch

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 06:25 AM

10-6? ..lol.

It's a good thing there are no good teams in this division or the losses would be more depressing
Uh, I dont know, the Bears do beat good teams..so I guess that would make them good. But dont worry, it gets better from here on out...for BEAR FANS!..lol.

Hey, the injury bug got you guys like it got the Bears last year with all of its defensive starters. It's all about how you bounce back.

MOBB DEEP
10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
...while his big bro havn pro-bowl year for the NY bretts...

dayum

im still sayn 11-5 if air-rod stays healthy; only DEF loss is colts

SkinBasket
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Uh.. and I dont wanna be a jerk to u here.. so take me serious... I cannot believe u thought this season was going to turn out anything but either middle of the pack or terrible... Mission, I know u like Arod a ton and thats cool.. I think he can be a good nfl QB if he can somehow ever stay healthy, but come on my man...

You're absolutely right PeePee, we all should have anticipated several season threatening/ending injuries to our most important defensive players. Then we could all feel smart like you.

SkinBasket
10-01-2008, 07:18 AM

Your mom's saggy fun bags will cushion the blow. Turns out she likes dogs too.

Noodle
10-01-2008, 09:07 AM

Dang, sweet response. I'm a huge fan of goin' momma. Good to see there's someone else out there that can roll like that.

KYPack
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM

dayum

How do you figure Kris Jenkins is having a Pro Bowl year? He had one good game against NE. He was marginal in two others and inactive for a fourth game. He's on pace for a 4 sack season. That's hardly Pro bowl performance

Indy is our only sure loss? The Colts have the 31st ranked defense against the rush. Now we can't run, but maybe we will get well against the Colts. That's in Lambeau, you know. We'll lose more than one, but nothing is sure this season.

SkinBasket
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Dang, sweet response. I'm a huge fan of goin' momma. Good to see there's someone else out there that can roll like that.

Moms and teabags just go together don't they?

Guiness
10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
The mandatory...

http://www.ahajokes.com/yo_mama_jokes.html

Kyle.McCarroll
10-01-2008, 02:02 PM

:rs:

pbmax
10-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow....just wow. Time for KGB to earn his paycheck.
Too late for that.

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:05 AM

You already did.

whoa, whoa...keep my name out your mouth...rep da dirty south and dont dry snitch - he he

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:28 AM

dayum

How do you figure Kris Jenkins is having a Pro Bowl year? He had one good game against NE. He was marginal in two others and inactive for a fourth game. He's on pace for a 4 sack season. That's hardly Pro bowl performance

Indy is our only sure loss? The Colts have the 31st ranked defense against the rush. Now we can't run, but maybe we will get well against the Colts. That's in Lambeau, you know. We'll lose more than one, but nothing is sure this season.

what the heck are u talkn about? he blocked a field goal vs cards and gave their o-line FITS all game...u need to read the BRETT THE JET thread more often and actually watch the games...

know it alls around here SLAY me....

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:33 AM

dayum

what the heck are u talkn about? he blocked a field goal vs cards and gave their o-line FITS all game...u need to read the BRETT THE JET thread more often and actually watch the games...

im actually watching the game RIGHT NOW...

KYPack
10-02-2008, 09:03 AM

dayum

I'm talking about a guy who has 12 tackles and a sack. He's on pace to get 48 tackles and 4 sacks. He was also inactive for one game. He's played well in spots, but Pro Bowl? NFW.

Maybe you need to open your own peepers. AND, you got a bit of know it all in your act, Mobb. You're famous for making bullshit statements that don't pan out.

Like, Indy is our only sure loss?

We might win that ball game. They can't stop the run for shit. We got a lotta games to worry about, Indy is just another date on the schedule. I doubt like hell we will win all of 'em but Indy.

Who knows? No need for you act like you do.

I don't read much of the "Brett the Jet thread"? guilty as charged. I don't read it much. I think the whole idea of it is stupid and I still do.

I root for the Packers.

bobblehead
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Nothing like this season. He cut down on contact in TC and also added an offday each week...those two things are serious drawbacks from the past 2 years. I can't say if I'm right or not, but in the past the vikings used to go full contact in camp and would come out 4-0 every year before complete lack of talent caught up with them. At the time they were the only team in the NFL that had heavy hitting all through camp and it showed early in the season.

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM

dayum

I'm talking about a guy who has 12 tackles and a sack. He's on pace to get 48 tackles and 4 sacks. He was also inactive for one game. He's played well in spots, but Pro Bowl? NFW.

Maybe you need to open your own peepers. AND, you got a bit of know it all in your act, Mobb. You're famous for making bullshit statements that don't pan out.

We might win that ball game. They can't stop the run for shit. We got a lotta games to worry about, Indy is just another date on the schedule. I doubt like hell we will win all of 'em but Indy.

I don't read much of the "Brett the Jet thread"? guilty as charged. I don't read it much. I think the whole idea of it is stupid and I still do.

I root for the Packers.

i dont try to be a know it all AT ALL; i actually come here to obtain good info from the enthusiasts lik u...

most times i just be sayn things

but i do think dungy will outcoach MM

one love...

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2008, 05:30 AM

dayum

I root for the Packers.

KY, did u hear mark schlareth's analysis of jenkins' performance this season? called him "manbeast"

go terps

SkinBasket
10-03-2008, 07:17 AM

How does one go about slaying one's self?

Fritz
10-03-2008, 07:43 AM
All this macho, no-excuses, all that matters is performance stuff has some merit to it, but I think it needs to be acknowledged sometimes that shit happens.

Jenkins is a major loss. Rodgers looks iffy for the next game. Harris is gone for awhile. Harrell isn't back for another three weeks or so. Hawk is all banged to shit. James Jones has been in and out and out again. Rouse may be out for the game. Bigby's been missing. Special teams dude Jason Hunter is hurt.

Depth, sure, Every team needs depth. But this is just a slew of injuries, and it's taking its toll.

Add that to the Packers' real weakness this year - the offensive line - and it's not looking pretty right now.

KYPack
10-03-2008, 07:56 AM
[

KY, did u hear mark schlareth's analysis of jenkins' performance this season? called him "manbeast"

go terps

No, I missed Mark's comments. Kris Jenkins is as effective DT as there is in the NFL, sometimes. Against Miami, he was inactive. Against NE, he was a manbeast, 6 solo's and a sack. Against SD he was a non-factor in a big loss, 1 solo. You brag on him against the Cards, he had 3 solos and no sacks.

He's a load and all, but he isn't an every game player anymore. He's like an every other game guy. Every DCoordinator loves QB pressure from the DT position, it's like gold to 'em. When Kris can give you that, he's an effective player you must account for. When he can't, he's just another fat guy. Kris is making the conversion from a 3 technique DT in a 4-3 to a NT in a 3-4. That's tough for the older players. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he flounders. When he plays, that is.

Rastak
10-03-2008, 07:58 AM

Kurt Cobain can explain it.

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
[

go terps

No, I missed Mark's comments. Kris Jenkins is as effective DT as there is in the NFL, sometimes. Against Miami, he was inactive. Against NE, he was a manbeast, 6 solo's and a sack. Against SD he was a non-factor in a big loss, 1 solo. You brag on him against the Cards, he had 3 solos and no sacks.

He's a load and all, but he isn't an every game player anymore. He's like an every other game guy. Every DCoordinator loves QB pressure from the DT position, it's like gold to 'em. When Kris can give you that, he's an effective player you must account for. When he can't, he's just another fat guy. Kris is making the conversion from a 3 technique DT in a 4-3 to a NT in a 3-4. That's tough for the older players. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he flounders. When he plays, that is.

his position is the ultimate candidate for falling under the "stats dont tell the whole story" theory i think (DB too). when the oline doest get a push it disrupts the teams gameplan and thats what jenks brings is all im sayn. did u actually watch the game on sunday? jets previous 3? if he gets seriously injured they're in trouble....

u say im "bragging on him?" lol i just mentioned he's havn good year (while adjusting to new scheme) and u pounced on ME. thus, i pointed out his value. "braggn on him..." he he

btw, kentucky sucks ha

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2008, 10:34 AM

Kurt Cobain can explain it.

he he...i know u're kidding; no way u think im "know it all" skinhead

ever since jso ive been most pliable poster by far. i never really post any thing definitive or pontificate on my football IQ...i just watch the games and glean nfo from u cats. im here for the entertainment

Scott Campbell
10-03-2008, 11:06 AM
ever since jso ive been most pliable poster by far.

Don't forget humble.

Rastak
10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
ever since jso ive been most pliable poster by far.

Don't forget humble.

Tarlam!
10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
i never really post any thing definitive or pontificate on my football IQ...

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

KYPack
10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
[quote="KYPack]

his position is the ultimate candidate for falling under the "stats dont tell the whole story" theory i think (DB too). when the oline doest get a push it disrupts the teams gameplan and thats what jenks brings is all im sayn. did u actually watch the game on sunday? jets previous 3? if he gets seriously injured they're in trouble....

u say im "bragging on him?" lol i just mentioned he's havn good year (while adjusting to new scheme) and u pounced on ME. thus, i pointed out his value. "braggn on him..." he he

btw, kentucky sucks ha

Agreed, NT is a position that doesn't show up in the numbers. I saw only part of the Jet/Card replay. He played well. I saw more of the SD game. He held the point, was effective, but was basically a non-factor. The Jets are 5th in the league against the rush, so he must be helping them. Sometimes he is a force out there, sometimes he disappears.

Kentucky sucks? I'll leave that to you and Tank to judge that one.

KYPack
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM

dayum

OK Mobb. You knew this one was coming back.

The "bump thread game" is a pretty weak game, but I'm bringing these words of wit back to you like a bad check.

LOL like the wizards say. Neither the Jets or your wack prediction did too well today.