PDA

View Full Version : Mandarich admits using steroids, drugs and alcohol

Patler
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Tony Mandarich has never admitted to using steroids...until now. He also admits a drug addiction while in GB that interfered with his work outs, explaining why he got smaller and smaller his first year. Read a summary of his interview:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/09/30/mandarich-reveals-addiction.aspx

Yes he is promoting a book, but it is revealing nontheless.

Zool
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Not a shocker, but at least he came clean.

bobblehead
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
you mean 22 year olds who go 335 with 7% bodyfat and develope a thyroid problem usually are on steroids..I'm shocked.

Carolina_Packer
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Tony Mandarich has never admitted to using steroids...until now. He also admits a drug addiction while in GB that interfered with his work outs, explaining why he got smaller and smaller his first year. Read a summary of his interview:

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/09/30/mandarich-reveals-addiction.aspx

Yes he is promoting a book, but it is revealing nontheless.

Way to be timely with this information, Tony. It's like Pete Rose coming out with a book admitting he bet on baseball or OJ writing a book that got quashed before being published called "If I did it". Sadly, probably all they have left is to feed off the thing that makes them a pariah.

If he had done it any sooner, I wonder if the league could have taken any action against him. Did he have enough service time to qualify for a pension? If so, I think this admission should be taken into consideration. I certainly wish the Pack could recoup the wasted investment, but I guess with the draft it's buyer beware. It still makes me wonder what might have been with Barry Sanders and Brett Favre in the same backfield, had it gone down that way.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2008, 01:45 PM
MAndarich on steroids!? Say it ain't so.

This is more devestating than the Milli Vanili lip-synching scandal.

Zool
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
It still makes me wonder what might have been with Barry Sanders and Brett Favre in the same backfield, had it gone down that way.

With Sharpe out wide.

sheepshead
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

Carolina_Packer
09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

I'm drawing a Blanca on this one. :-)

BF4MVP
09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Confirming what everybody and their mother already knew haha

Patler
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
To take a cynical view of it:

There were many, many players who took steroids and other drugs, and played well.
Mandarich screwed his career and the Packers by his association with drugs.

WHY US????? :lol: :lol:

mraynrand
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find out he was using 'roids!!

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/CasablancaRenaultRick_thumb.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Just another appaling draft choice of TT.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM

First Clay Aiken announces he is gay, and now this. Has the world gone completely mad?

sheepshead
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM

First Clay Aiken announces he is gay, and now this. Has the world gone completely mad?

Aiken for the Bacon!

Tony wasn't Packer People anyway.

cpk1994
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
It still makes me wonder what might have been with Barry Sanders and Brett Favre in the same backfield, had it gone down that way.I don't wonder becuase if Barry was drafted Brett never gets here becuase Ron Wolf probably never arrives on the scene.