PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers is "doing much better" should start

packers11
10-01-2008, 10:27 AM
According the National Football Post, Aaron Rodgers is "doing much better and should be able to throw well today and with velocity on the ball."

The website has ties to the Packers, so the news on Rodgers is credible. Coupled with his statement that he intends to play this week, signs are pointing towards Rodgers lining up behind center against the Falcons Sunday.

Source: NationalFootballPost.com

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Is he really better, or do the Packers have no realistic option but to play him and hope for the best?

packers11
10-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Is he really better, or do the Packers have no realistic option but to play him and hope for the best?

this site has been really reliable lately... they broke the news Jenkins and Harris. He did come out and throw that laser to Jennings even though he was in pain, I think there is a very good chance he plays.

MadtownPacker
10-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I believe that Rodgers is saying this but I have to wonder about what his arm is telling him. He basically cannot missed this game. So many factors are playing in to him toughing it out or at least trying to. I think M3 should roll the dice and throw Flynn out there this week against fellow rookie Matt Ryan and hope the team is good enough against a tougher than expected Falcons team. Maybe the Packers defense can force him into mistakes.

I hope ARod really is better because if not he is gonna mess himself up for good.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I think M3 should roll the dice and throw Flynn out there this week against fellow rookie Matt Ryan and hope the team is good enough against a tougher than expected Falcons team..

I agree. Maybe with a week of preparation and practice, Flynn will settle down.

The pressure on ARod to play is tremendous. First of all he is the only proven QB on the roster. And the question of whether he can stay healthy is such a monkey on his back.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2008, 11:01 AM
If the doctors give the okay (meaning he can't hurt himself any worse), I say start him.

MadtownPacker
10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
And the question of whether he can stay healthy is such a monkey on his back.I hate you.

Yeah that monkey is what Im talking about. Breaking down this early has to be somewhat traumatic for the dude. Worse part is he can't just play. Nope, he is gonna have to win or nothing else will matter.

LL2
10-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Rodgers better bounce back. He can't be out performed by a rookie QB.

Noodle
10-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Agree with Harv. And it has nothing to do with winning this game. It has everything to do with the rep of the guy he has replaced.

He simply must play. He has to show that, unless bone is sticking through flesh, he will play.

If the coaches later pull him because he proves totally ineffective, then fine, but he has to show that he can Favre up.

MadtownPacker
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Agree with Harv. And it has nothing to do with winning this game. It has everything to do with the rep of the guy he has replaced.

He simply must play. He has to show that, unless bone is sticking through flesh, he will play.

If the coaches later pull him because he proves totally ineffective, then fine, but he has to show that he can Favre up.Close and you are almost right but no, not exactly compa. If he is gonna pull it off it has to be a win. Glory doesnt come with losing.

prsnfoto
10-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Rodgers better bounce back. He can't be out performed by a rookie QB.

Damn straight if he doesn't go out and play it will start the 16 year streak of consecutive starts by Matt Flynn. :D :evil: :shock:

Scott Campbell
10-01-2008, 12:01 PM
If A-Rod is at significant risk of further damage, I'd sit him. The pressure of not playing this week is nothing compared to the damage we'd suffer losing him for the year.

I hope he's playing because he's ok to play. Not because he has to, or else.....

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
If A-Rod is at significant risk of further damage, I'd sit him. The pressure of not playing this week is nothing compared to the damage we'd suffer losing him for the year.

I hope he's playing because he's ok to play. Not because he has to, or else.....
I doubt if the Packers would put him in that situation knowing they drafted two very able QB's in the draft most recently. :roll:

Scott Campbell
10-01-2008, 01:09 PM

I doubt if the Packers would put him in that situation knowing they drafted two very able QB's in the draft most recently. :roll:

Bear fan trash talk about QB's. Funny stuff!

Brainerd
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Rodgers exits practice after just a few handoffs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b47339&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Scott Campbell
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Rodgers exits practice after just a few handoffs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b47339&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Ouch. That's not very comforting. He must still be hurting.

Rastak
10-01-2008, 03:15 PM

Ouch. That's not very comforting. He must still be hurting.

That does sound a lot different than "should be able to throw with some velocity" from the original report.

Rastak
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Okay, here's is ESPN Siefert's take:

Rodgers has an uphill battle to start

October 1, 2008 2:58 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

The Green Bay medical staff has opted to hold quarterback Aaron Rodgers out of all throwing activities through Thursday pending an examination of his right shoulder on Friday, coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Wednesday.

McCarthy wouldn't rule out the possibility that Rodgers could start Sunday's game against Atlanta. But the earliest Rodgers will get the green light to resume throwing is Friday morning. Otherwise, rookie Matt Flynn would start against the Falcons.

"I'm going to give Aaron Rodgers every chance to play in the game," McCarthy said. "I really can't comment on it until he sees the doctor Friday."

McCarthy added that "long-term effects" and "long-term vision" with Rodgers will be a primary focus in making a decision. McCarthy, however, cautioned reporters against interpreting those words to mean he won't play Sunday.

In this case, we might not take McCarthy's advice. Quarterbacks, especially young ones, don't typically miss the majority of a week's practice and then start a game Sunday. There have been exceptions, of course, but the chances of Rodgers starting Sunday don't appear high at this point.

Joemailman
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Packers will be In With Flynn!!! :pack: :cow: :pack:

BF4MVP
10-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Rodgers to Get "Every Chance to Play"

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081001/PKR01/81001214/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 06:19 AM
...he's not going to throw today either according to NFLN...

at least atl is like a bye week sans VICK DA GREAT...

Rastak
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
...he's not going to throw today either according to NFLN...

at least atl is like a bye week sans VICK DA GREAT...

Read a couple of posts up to find out why.

bobblehead
10-02-2008, 09:42 AM

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081001/PKR01/81001214/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

“I want to play every game,” he said. “I don’t need that, ‘Oh, you’ve got to play because Brett played 250 in a row,’ I don’t need that. I have pride in myself. I’ve played with some serious injuries before, so it’s personal pride. I don’t need extra fuel to play. I want to play extremely, extremely badly.”

Holy misplaced modifier...I hope he meant that he very badly wants to play extremely well. :shock:

Pacopete4
10-02-2008, 09:48 AM
and the ice begins to crack.. exciting time to be matt flynn

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 11:46 AM

“I want to play every game,” he said. “I don’t need that, ‘Oh, you’ve got to play because Brett played 250 in a row,’ I don’t need that. I have pride in myself. I’ve played with some serious injuries before, so it’s personal pride. I don’t need extra fuel to play. I want to play extremely, extremely badly.”

Holy misplaced modifier...I hope he meant that he very badly wants to play extremely well. :shock:

dayum, talk about pressure....no need to rush back foolishly; SCREW LORD'S RECORD...

GrnBay007
10-02-2008, 05:40 PM

:lol:

GrnBay007
10-02-2008, 05:45 PM

I don't like the sound of this. It sounds like he's got stuff in head that shouldn't/can't be there when he's trying to focus on a game. Nobody will ever replace Brett Favre. Aaron needs to play his game and not worry about the comparisons. If he starts dwelling on that kind of stuff it will surely affect his play. (IMO)

Pacopete4
10-02-2008, 06:10 PM

I don't like the sound of this. It sounds like he's got stuff in head that shouldn't/can't be there when he's trying to focus on a game. Nobody will ever replace Brett Favre. Aaron needs to play his game and not worry about the comparisons. If he starts dwelling on that kind of stuff it will surely affect his play. (IMO)

Agreed, the kid is breaking down physically and mentally... hopefully flynn can get the job done

Scott Campbell
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Agreed, the kid is breaking down physically and mentally...

Mentally? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What else you do your tea leaves tell you PeePee?

Pacopete4
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM

you will have good fortune, and a mysterious women will walk into your life in the future

cpk1994
10-02-2008, 06:42 PM

What else you do your tea leaves tell you PeePee?Scott, :trll:

This pathetic excuse for a life form isn't worth your time.

That said, He is not breaking down mentally as PeePee abviously hopes. He wants to play. Like any player. No story here.

Scott Campbell
10-02-2008, 06:44 PM

.......... and a mysterious women will walk into your life in the future

I've got 7 already. Fuck, that's the last thing I need. :lol:

Pacopete4
10-02-2008, 07:09 PM

That said, He is not breaking down mentally as PeePee abviously hopes. He wants to play. Like any player. No story here.

can u post without attacking me personally? I dont appreciate it! And if I'm not worth ur time, why the fuck are u responding to me? IMO (IN MY OPINION) he is breaking down mentally and already letting it bother him.. u can have ur feelings, I'll have mine... but seriously stfu with the personal attacks already

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM

i wouldnt go so far as to say it's a non-story. he's human, put yourself in his shoes. favre's legacy should and does loom large in his psyche. he'll be alright b/c he has a good to great skill set. and b/c he's elusive (ala brett). he has plenty healthy days ahead of him and team is VERY young. and pack's going to playoffs and we'll click at right time like giants

it's early but it's very strange how this season is panning out. how ironic he gets hurt RIGHT AWAY like that. i dont undrstand it...maybe it's alignment of the stars for brett once again; he's progressing great in NY and one of his greatest attributes (tough as nails) is the major issue with the pack's starting qb....all the while favre is is in the league for crying out loud

yeah, air-rod is probably pre-occupied with that but he needs to man up. i have faith he will

they're both cool cats and i appreciate them both

Scott Campbell
10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I dont appreciate it!

I think that was the point.

The Shadow
10-02-2008, 07:11 PM

Agreed, the kid is breaking down physically and mentally... hopefully flynn can get the job done

Moronic.

Scott Campbell
10-02-2008, 07:13 PM
..maybe it's alignment of the stars for brett once again; he's progressing great in NY .......

Progressing? Yes.

Great? They're still a .500 team.

Pacopete4
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
..maybe it's alignment of the stars for brett once again; he's progressing great in NY .......

Progressing? Yes.

I think he was talking the 6 TD's last week as in something special is brewin in NY for him while we are in a crap situation with all the injuries..

Packers4Ever
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM

If the coaches later pull him because he proves totally ineffective, then fine, but he has to show that he can Favre up.

Watching ESPN mid-afternoon today (sorry I don't know the names of all talking heads) evidently today was 2nd day running that Aaron could not throw, which leaves him with tomorrow (Fri.) and Saturday to get his throwing arm going. He sounded a bit feisty to me like he did early this fall re: people better make up their minds soon about 'getting on the train.'

[/u]

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Progressing? Yes.

I think he was talking the 6 TD's last week as in something special is brewin in NY for him while we are in a crap situation with all the injuries..

wow, pete is a piece of work...i WAS talking about how game four could be used as a stepping stone for the ny bretts. they cant afford to get any major injuries though b/c they're extrmely thin nearly all around. so bad that bubba makes the te corp one of the deepest postions. over all brett's weapons are comparable to air-rod's. whoever shores up their running game can make some noise towards the end (9 more games of xperience for rodgers should suffice)

hey pete, are u very sarcastic with your friends? i always have been with my close girlfriends; everyone cant handle a wise as and ive learned that there are times when one should pipe down a lil

Rastak
10-02-2008, 07:31 PM

Watching ESPN mid-afternoon today (sorry I don't know the names of all talking heads) evidently today was 2nd day running that Aaron could not throw, which leaves him with tomorrow (Fri.) and Saturday to get his throwing arm going. He sounded a bit feisty to me like he did early this fall re: people better make up their minds soon about 'getting on the train.'

[/u]

It was reported that they decided to shut him down early in the week and re-evaluate Friday. There were no plans to have him throw either yesterday or today.

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM

[/u]

It was reported that they decided to shut him down early in the week and re-evaluate Friday. There were no plans to have him throw either yesterday or today.

old as news!! j/k

Packers4Ever
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM

[/u]

Thanks, Rastak, guess we'll have to wait til sometime tomorrow then.