PDA

View Full Version : TT get on the phone!

sheepshead
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
From PFT:

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who suffered a shoulder injury during Sunday’s loss to the Buccaneers, reportedly left practice on Wednesday after making only a couple of handoffs.

Rodgers didn’t return to the portion of the practice that was open to the media.

Rookie Matt Flynn would most likely play on Sunday against the Falcons, if Rodgers can’t go.

:smack:

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
And so the saga begins....
Ironic how you guys just let a QB walk that broke the record for most starts without sitting one out because of injury, for one that couldnt last more than "4" starts without sitting out because of an injury.
:?:

Brando19
10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Ironic how you guys just let a QB walk that broke the record for most starts without sitting one out because of injury, for one that couldnt last more than "4" starts without sitting out because of an injury.

When you guys go a season without doing a coin toss to see who your QB's gonna be...give us a call. Until then, the fucking bears are always gonna suck at the quarterback position.

Tony Oday
10-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey Kyle Orton could be the third sting QB on at LEAST 3 teams!

Gunakor
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM

We let a QB walk that bad mouthed the entire organization. I don't know how much more I can stress that this decision was as much non-football related as it was football related.

Besides, there was a football related problem with bringing Favre back. That being, there wasn't room for both Favre and Rodgers on the same roster anymore. They are both starting QB's. Both QB's need to be starting, if not here than somewhere else. So imagine yourself an NFL GM. You have a 39 year old starting QB and a 25 year old starting QB. You have the youngest team in the NFL, and most of your younger players have a better rapport with the 25 year old than they do with the 39 year old. Furthermore, if you trade away the 25 year old, you have no answer to the 39 year old's inevitable retirement. What would you do? You'd be a fool to trade away the younger QB.

TT can be blamed for not finding a veteran backup back in July. I'd agree with those who do blame him for that. But Favre is not a backup, and neither is Rodgers. It would have had to be someone else. Others were available and TT should be blamed for not being as aggressive in trying to get one of them into camp. But Favre wouldn't have been the answer to that problem.

Jimx29
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I repeat....Karmas' a bitch, TT

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 04:25 PM

When you guys go a season without doing a coin toss to see who your QB's gonna be...give us a call. Until then, the fucking bears are always gonna suck at the quarterback position.
Dont matter as long as we win. Better yet, it doesnt matter as long as we kick the Packers ass on a regular. :twisted:

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey Kyle Orton could be the third sting QB on at LEAST 3 teams!
But instead he is the QB of a team that is better than the Packers with Rodgers.
Compare the two QB's at the end of the season. I will... :)

Tony Oday
10-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Not a problem. I will compare the both of them...Im sure Orton has a better golf game but thats about it.

Brando19
10-01-2008, 06:16 PM

Dont matter as long as we win. Better yet, it doesnt matter as long as we kick the Packers ass on a regular. :twisted:

Don't talk yet...we'll see, though.

BF4MVP
10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
He hasn't missed the start yet...And I don't think he will either...

Kyle.McCarroll
10-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm really starting to get worried.

MadtownPacker
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Compare the two QB's at the end of the season. I will... :)Good for you Yoda! About time you got a chance. But dont get all wet just yet. Rodgers or not, Thompson bought himself 3 bullets at QB with ARod, Flynn and Brohm. The bears have ran thru how many 1st rounders trying to find THE guy?? Even if it takes TT the next decade to find the Packers next QB he will still be light years ahead of the bears.

Bossman641
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
From PFT:

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who suffered a shoulder injury during Sunday’s loss to the Buccaneers, reportedly left practice on Wednesday after making only a couple of handoffs.

Rodgers didn’t return to the portion of the practice that was open to the media.

Rookie Matt Flynn would most likely play on Sunday against the Falcons, if Rodgers can’t go.

:smack:

Is this referring to a different period then this?

Rodgers took some snaps on running plays during the long jog-through at the start of Wednesday’s practice, but he didn’t throw and left the Don Hutson Center after the jog-through to rehabilitate his shoulder while his teammates practiced.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081001/PKR01/81001214/1058

Sounds to me that he just went inside to rehab as normal, not that anything strange happened.

BZnDallas
10-01-2008, 11:27 PM

We let a QB walk that bad mouthed the entire organization. I don't know how much more I can stress that this decision was as much non-football related as it was football related.

Besides, there was a football related problem with bringing Favre back. That being, there wasn't room for both Favre and Rodgers on the same roster anymore. They are both starting QB's. Both QB's need to be starting, if not here than somewhere else. So imagine yourself an NFL GM. You have a 39 year old starting QB and a 25 year old starting QB. You have the youngest team in the NFL, and most of your younger players have a better rapport with the 25 year old than they do with the 39 year old. Furthermore, if you trade away the 25 year old, you have no answer to the 39 year old's inevitable retirement. What would you do? You'd be a fool to trade away the younger QB.

TT can be blamed for not finding a veteran backup back in July. I'd agree with those who do blame him for that. But Favre is not a backup, and neither is Rodgers. It would have had to be someone else. Others were available and TT should be blamed for not being as aggressive in trying to get one of them into camp. But Favre wouldn't have been the answer to that problem.

geeee gunakor i find it funny you reply to dadumbestbear with solid points and reasoning and he doesn't reply back?... why i ask?... seems to me he has had plenty of time... hes replied to other people after you posted your reply... what is with this guy? (rhetorical question)... maybe b/c he can't argue with the truth... maybe hes not clever enough, seeing as what you posted seems to be spot on!... anyway, i agree with your assessment on this issue anyway... lol... ;)

Pugger
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Get on the phone and call who?? Culpepper? Rattay? Simms? :shock: Egad...

mission
10-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Each of those guys is better than Flynn right now ...

prsnfoto
10-02-2008, 01:23 PM

TT can be blamed for not finding a veteran backup back in July. I'd agree with those who do blame him for that. But Favre is not a backup, and neither is Rodgers. It would have had to be someone else. Others were available and TT should be blamed for not being as aggressive in trying to get one of them into camp. But Favre wouldn't have been the answer to that problem. :crazy:

Yes I hear little Lena in the front office is still crying after the bad mouthing she recieved from Favre!! Brett had nothing but good things to say about everyone in the organization including the fans sans two MM and TT. Right now he looks like a genius which is hard to make a hick from Mississippi into. As far as the he is too old to gel with the players Coles and Crotchery and Keller and pretty much the whole Jets team will disagree they are not a very good team but they are 2-2 for one reason only Brett Favre and they would be 3-1 had Mangini let Favre have control of the plays for the NE game. It is fine if you don't like Favre and want him gone but don't lie about it. The season is far from over but as of now Rodgers is hurt which most intelligent Packer fans had a fear of and Brett is the best QB statistically in Football right now and TT made a big mistake by not having a backup plan.

Gunakor
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM

TT can be blamed for not finding a veteran backup back in July. I'd agree with those who do blame him for that. But Favre is not a backup, and neither is Rodgers. It would have had to be someone else. Others were available and TT should be blamed for not being as aggressive in trying to get one of them into camp. But Favre wouldn't have been the answer to that problem. :crazy:

Yes I hear little Lena in the front office is still crying after the bad mouthing she recieved from Favre!! Brett had nothing but good things to say about everyone in the organization including the fans sans two MM and TT. Right now he looks like a genius which is hard to make a hick from Mississippi into. As far as the he is too old to gel with the players Coles and Crotchery and Keller and pretty much the whole Jets team will disagree they are not a very good team but they are 2-2 for one reason only Brett Favre and they would be 3-1 had Mangini let Favre have control of the plays for the NE game. It is fine if you don't like Favre and want him gone but don't lie about it. The season is far from over but as of now Rodgers is hurt which most intelligent Packer fans had a fear of and Brett is the best QB statistically in Football right now and TT made a big mistake by not having a backup plan.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said TT should be blamed for not having a veteran backup at QB. Or maybe you just missed the part where I said that both Favre AND Rodgers are starters - NEITHER OF THEM ARE BACKUP QB'S. You can't have Favre and Rodgers on the same roster anymore. They both need to be starting this year. And they are both starting this year, so things are as they should be.

Let me ask you this one... Would you have traded away Aaron Rodgers to keep Brett Favre? How would that have looked in 2 years when you looked at the roster and neither of them were on it? We'd be fucked at the most important position on the football field. This is why neither you nor Brett Favre is an NFL GM.

Oh, and you forgot about James Campen when you said it was only MM and TT that Favre was throwing under the bus - as if the GM and HC aren't enough. If you feel that Favre should have been able to call the shots in the front office, that's fine. You are more than entitled to that opinion. I disagree, and I don't think Favre would make a great GM or HC. Hearing the way that Favre voiced his displeasure over certain things - like getting rid of Whale and Rivera and the hiring of MM as the new HC - this team seems like it would be far worse off if Favre got what he wanted. We'd have 1 now useless guard in Mike Whale, and who knows who the other would be since Rivera is out of football. We'd have Mooch as our HC - that would have been a disaster as Mooch is a fucking joke of a HC. TT was doing things the right way, even if it wasn't Favre's way. God forbid Favre doesn't get his way...

cpk1994
10-02-2008, 06:45 PM

Perhaps you missed the part where I said TT should be blamed for not having a veteran backup at QB. Or maybe you just missed the part where I said that both Favre AND Rodgers are starters - NEITHER OF THEM ARE BACKUP QB'S. You can't have Favre and Rodgers on the same roster anymore. They both need to be starting this year. And they are both starting this year, so things are as they should be.

Let me ask you this one... Would you have traded away Aaron Rodgers to keep Brett Favre? How would that have looked in 2 years when you looked at the roster and neither of them were on it? We'd be fucked at the most important position on the football field. This is why neither you nor Brett Favre is an NFL GM.

Oh, and you forgot about James Campen when you said it was only MM and TT that Favre was throwing under the bus - as if the GM and HC aren't enough. If you feel that Favre should have been able to call the shots in the front office, that's fine. You are more than entitled to that opinion. I disagree, and I don't think Favre would make a great GM or HC. Hearing the way that Favre voiced his displeasure over certain things - like getting rid of Whale and Rivera and the hiring of MM as the new HC - this team seems like it would be far worse off if Favre got what he wanted. We'd have 1 now useless guard in Mike Whale, and who knows who the other would be since Rivera is out of football. We'd have Mooch as our HC - that would have been a disaster as Mooch is a fucking joke of a HC. TT was doing things the right way, even if it wasn't Favre's way. God forbid Favre doesn't get his way...

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

gex
10-03-2008, 06:23 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I'll take the hand clapping over the eye rolling.

Zool
10-04-2008, 03:18 AM
I'll take the hand clapping over the eye rolling.

Fuck I wish both of those annoying fucking emoticons were eliminated.

Pugger
10-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm still wondering whom TT should call. Culpepper? TT offered that duffas a contract but Daunte turned him down because he wanted to start. :lol: Rattay or Simms? If these guys were such hot commodities why are they still unemployed (at least I think they are still unemployed)? It appears MM and TT don't think any of the FA QBs out there are worth risking trying to sneak either of our 2 rookie QBs on the practice squad for fear either one would get snapped up by another team.

SnakeLH2006
10-04-2008, 11:57 PM

Good post, but a picture is worth a 1000 words:

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rex-grossman-screwed.jpg