26th in Yards Given up Per Game at 361
22nd in Penalty Yards
26th in Number of Penalties
Tied for 1st in Interceptions
Tied for 15th in Sacks
25th in Rushing Yards Given up per Game

Partial
10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Part of the problems with stats is they don't tell the whole story.

On paper, our offense looks like it is doing a good job and putting up plenty of points. I don't find that to be the case, though. We've struggled with suffocating a team when a head, and scoring against good defenses. Also, a good amount of our points have come from our defense.

Bretsky
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM

On paper, our offense looks like it is doing a good job and putting up plenty of points. I don't find that to be the case, though. We've struggled with suffocating a team when a head, and scoring against good defenses. Also, a good amount of our points have come from our defense.

we're losing the time of posession game and as a result the defense wears down

lots of conclusions one can draw out of these; just thought I'd throw them out there for people to think about

Partial
10-01-2008, 08:28 PM
definitely, and thank you for doing that. I was under the impression our run defense was worse.

Bretsky
10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
definitely, and thank you for doing that. I was under the impression our run defense was worse.

well, only seven teams are worse right now we we're not good

GBRulz
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
23rd in Yards Rushing per Game

WOW !! You mean there are 9 other teams with less rushing yards per game than us?? :shock:

gbgary
10-01-2008, 10:05 PM

lots of conclusions one can draw out of these; just thought I'd throw them out there for people to think about

that's it right there!!! can't get a first down to save their lives. seems like the third and forth quarters have belonged to the opposition, even in the victories. penalties are killing the offense too.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
23rd in Yards Rushing per Game

WOW !! You mean there are 9 other teams with less rushing yards per game than us?? :shock:

That's because our QB accounts for 19.5 of our 93.5 rushing yards/game. Without him, we'd rank 31st in rushing yards--ahead of only the Colts.

MadtownPacker
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
That's because our QB accounts for 19.5 of our 93.5 rushing yards/game. Without him, we'd rank 31st in rushing yards--ahead of only the Colts.Damn, thats cold. M3 shoudl give Jackson the ball for the whole game and see if he can wear ATL out. Grant sure as hell aint gonna do it.

Gunakor
10-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Lumpkin would be the bruiser. B-Jax would get worn out by the ATL defense, not the other way around. Any word on whether or not Lumpkin will suit up for Sunday's game?

LL2
10-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Your right about that! The O needs to figure out a way to stay on the field.

Scott Campbell
10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Good stats B. Thanks.

MadScientist
10-02-2008, 06:11 PM

On paper, our offense looks like it is doing a good job and putting up plenty of points.

It's also misleading in that there have been 3 int's returned for TD, plus 1 punt. Factor in those and the offense puts up a much weaker 20 ppg. I realize the table doesn't account for these types of scores on other teams either, but I suspect that the Packers are petty high in total points scored by D+ST.