PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre's house for sale at $475K

Brando19
10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081002/PKR01/81002176/1058

ASHWAUBENON — If you have some spare cash and are looking for that final piece of Brett Favre memorabilia to complete your collection, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback’s home is on the market.

There’s no “for sale” sign in front of the ranch-style home at 2085 Shady Lane, at the corner of Shady Lane and Morris Avenue, but it’s listed by local real estate agency Micoley and Company for $475,000. The nearly 3,000-square-foot home includes four bedrooms and three baths, according to Micoley’s Web site.

Brown County land records indicate the home’s value at $424,900. D.L. Tynes is named the property’s owner, and tax bills are sent to a Hattiesburg, Miss., address. Tynes is Deanna Favre’s maiden name. The Favre family’s permanent home is in Hattiesburg.

Real estate agent Wade Micoley wouldn’t confirm who owns the house, but said it’s been on the market for about 48 to 72 hours.

“I really can’t get into any more than that,” he said.

The sale is one of the final pieces of the Favre retirement drama that gripped Green Bay for much of late summer.

Favre visited the Green Bay area in August, when he came out of retirement. After it briefly looked like he might return to Green Bay, he was traded to the New York Jets.

But his footprint remains in the neighborhood. A driver called out “He’s in New York now,” to a reporter in the neighborhood on Thursday.

Tina Ebert, a nanny for one of Favre’s neighbors for about a year and a half, said she liked the connection. She has seen people come in and out of the home, but didn’t know it was for sale.

“I always thought it was pretty exciting to work across the street from Brett Favre,” she said.

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
omg. to die for...

BF4MVP
10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
It's a fairly modest house, especially in that neighborhood..A nice one, obviously, but if I were to put a price tag on it, I wouldn't think it'd be worth almost a half a million dollars..

Yeah it'd be cool to live in a house that used to belong to the Favres, but even so, I wouldn't pay 475k for it, even if I had that kind of money..

GBRulz
10-03-2008, 12:48 AM
It's a fairly modest house, especially in that neighborhood..A nice one, obviously, but if I were to put a price tag on it, I wouldn't think it'd be worth almost a half a million dollars..

Yeah it'd be cool to live in a house that used to belong to the Favres, but even so, I wouldn't pay 475k for it, even if I had that kind of money..

No doubt. I would have guessed that home to go for around 300-325ish. It's also a corner lot, so probably very little of a backyard.

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2008, 05:26 AM

No doubt. I would have guessed that home to go for around 300-325ish. It's also a corner lot, so probably very little of a backyard.

just imagine touching it.....did alot of tourist take pics of it GB?

mraynrand
10-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Maybe TT will buy it and ship it off to Favre along with his locker.

Tarlam!
10-03-2008, 08:59 AM
If Michele can organize me adequate employment in Green Bay and Ziggy uses her Washington D.C. connections to get me a Green Card, I pledge buying this house and making it the meeting place of all future PR Poster Game weekends.

:oops:

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Maybe TT will buy it and ship it off to Favre along with his locker.

that is funny

retailguy
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
If Michele can organize me adequate employment in Green Bay and Ziggy uses her Washington D.C. connections to get me a Green Card, I pledge buying this house and making it the meeting place of all future PR Poster Game weekends.

:oops:

With our luck you're probably on a terrorist watch list.... :P

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I may put an offer to buy it, then change my mind and retract my offer. Then when someone else is under contract to buy it I'm going to raise holy hell that it wasn't just left for me.

Ok that was cheap and unnecessary, but I couldn't help myself.

Tarlam!
10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
With our luck you're probably on a terrorist watch list.... :P

Was it my funny accent or my dark glasses that tipped you off, RG? 8-)

Anyhow, GB is the safest place in America if I live there, right?

bobblehead
10-03-2008, 11:19 AM

Your starting to sound like katie couric doing a biden/obama interview.

Zool
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM

You are still talking about the house right?

DonHutson
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
So... does this mean he's really not coming back?

Freak Out
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM

Your starting to sound like katie couric doing a biden/obama interview.

It's twu it's twu....

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU3MjA5MjU0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDIxNjM2._V1._ CR77,0,296,296_SS80_.jpg

SnakeLH2006
10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Seems like a steal.

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM

You are still talking about the house right?

lol