PDA

View Full Version : Shawty getsss paaaaiiiidddddd

Partial
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/10/02/evans.bills.ap/index.html

Former Badger Evans given new, huge deal for giant sized play from a little man.

Bretsky
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/10/02/evans.bills.ap/index.html

Former Badger Evans given new, huge deal for giant sized play from a little man.

Evans is a blossoming star in the NFL; he's underrated because he's a Bill and their passing game is around average.

On the BAD side, Wanna see what Greg Jennings Agent is looking at ?

Start with this deal and start negotiating higher.

Partial
10-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Maybe it's my Badger love but I think LE is 1.3x the player Jennings is. He's tougher imo.

My favorite Badger ever!

channtheman
10-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Maybe it's my Badger love but I think LE is 1.3x the player Jennings is. He's tougher imo.

My favorite Badger ever!

Yeah Lee Evans was awesome to watch play at Wisconsin and looks great in the NFL too. Since he was from Wisconsin though there was NO WAY he could ever be any good.

Anyway it's good to see guys like him who show up and do their job. Eventually good things will happen.

EDIT: Woah I never recalled him being drafted so highly! Maybe I was wrong. Was there a lot of talk about how good he was in college?

Bretsky
10-03-2008, 12:51 AM

My favorite Badger ever!

Yeah Lee Evans was awesome to watch play at Wisconsin and looks great in the NFL too. Since he was from Wisconsin though there was NO WAY he could ever be any good.

Anyway it's good to see guys like him who show up and do their job. Eventually good things will happen.

EDIT: Woah I never recalled him being drafted so highly! Maybe I was wrong. Was there a lot of talk about how good he was in college?

He was a first round draft pick; I think between 15 and 21; I remember wishing he'd drop to Green Bay. I think that was the year I was at the Packer Draft Party in Green Bay and booed Mike Sherman when he came out to announce his love for Ahmad Carroll

BF4MVP
10-03-2008, 12:58 AM
He was the 13th pick, I believe..I remember thinking they reached for him..I was clearly wrong.

I do think Jennings is better, though.

channtheman
10-03-2008, 01:18 AM
He was the 13th pick, I believe..I remember thinking they reached for him..I was clearly wrong.

I do think Jennings is better, though.

Yeah I know he was the 13th pick. I had commented about the story and then when I started reading it I saw that in there.

I just never recalled any hype for him at all.

MadtownPacker
10-03-2008, 03:02 AM
Hell no he aint better than Jennings.

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2008, 05:21 AM

My favorite Badger ever!

ive been smitten by him and chambers for quite some time (go bucky!)....chambers' hands are great and is tough as well

to me, toss up b/w jennings and evans (if evans had favre or a packer pass game....)

booker stanley fav badger

SkinBasket
10-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Evans has a tendency to disappear for 4 or 5 games at a time. You can say they've had QB issues, but they've also had marginal talent behind him, so that shouldn't happen. Looks like he's been somewhat more consistent this year so far. Here's to hoping he keeps it up.

sharpe1027
10-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Evans has a tendency to disappear for 4 or 5 games at a time. You can say they've had QB issues, but they've also had marginal talent behind him, so that shouldn't happen. Looks like he's been somewhat more consistent this year so far. Here's to hoping he keeps it up.

No lie, although the entire Bills offense also had a tendency to disappear for 4 or 5 games at a time. :lol:

Evans and Jennings are pretty different and it would be hard for me to say which is better. Jennings is better at turning DBs around with solid route running and at turning a short pass into a big gain. Evans has better hands and forces defenses to keep a safety over-the-top because of his downfield speed.

Badgepack
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Between getting busted for dope and his major knee injury I thought Evans' chance of getting a big payday was ruined. Nice job by him getting it done.

Patler
10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I am a bit surprised, because Evans has had only one really good year and three "OK" ones. I know the team has had QB and other offensive problems, but in the end contract extensions for skilled players are usually driven by their accomplishments, and Evans' four year results don't scream for $9-10 million/year. Of course, neither did Javon Walker's before going to the Raiders. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
As a Wisconsin grad, I, also, am pleased to see a former Badger do well.

Is he better than Jennings? I think this season, Evans has elevated his game to where he is as good, maybe even slightly better than Jennings. However, I think Evans has peaked. I think Jennings will get even better and will have a longer career than Evans.

bobblehead
10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I am a bit surprised, because Evans has had only one really good year and three "OK" ones. I know the team has had QB and other offensive problems, but in the end contract extensions for skilled players are usually driven by their accomplishments, and Evans' four year results don't scream for $9-10 million/year. Of course, neither did Javon Walker's before going to the Raiders. :lol:

Its the new NFL, play a handful of good games to show "potential" and guys cream themselves to give you 10 mill a year. Just think if old cletidus hunt was negotiating right now.

I think a lot of this has to do with the recently escalating salary cap. Most teams had adjusted to a slightly increasing cap and before last season it jumped quite a bit. When the new CBA gets negotiated some of the teams being stupid right now are going to be hurting.

Tarlam!
10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Just think if old cletidus hunt was negotiating right now.

Heck, why bother to use my memory? Just think of Ryan Grant!

bobblehead
10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Just think if old cletidus hunt was negotiating right now.

Heck, why bother to use my memory? Just think of Ryan Grant!

see, now i didn't want it to hurt that bad....now i'm gonna feel that all day.

Patler
10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
I know it's not exactly comparing apples to apples, but consider:

Evans' contract - 4 yrs/$37.25 million - average cap impact about $9.3 million/year.

2007 top WRs in cap impact (millions):

Owens - $9.66
Harrison - $8.4
Holt - $7.7
Johnson - $7.6
Chambers - $7.3

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2008, 03:31 PM

My favorite Badger ever!

ive been smitten by him and chambers for quite some time (go bucky!)....chambers' hands are great and is tough as well

to me, toss up b/w jennings and evans (if evans had favre or a packer pass game....)

booker stanley fav badger

YOu might be smitten, but you are wrong..the one thing holding chambers back is his hands. he drops a lot of catchable balls.

That being said, he still is a solid b to b plus receiver.

SnakeLH2006
10-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Do I think Evans is worth the ever-inflated money to WR's. Yes. Is Jennings better now or in the future. No. Evans lifts teams with shitty QB's. Jennings does it with a top 3 QB in Brett and Arod when healthy. Both are the same. Game breakers of similar size although Evans despite his Knee Injury has better speed (but hard to see as Jennings turns new gears and never gets caught...just 40 speeds). Do we want to sign Jennings to massive 10 milllion dollar year deal. No. Will we have to? Yes. Would I do it. No. Does TT do it. No. Does TT have a boyfriend? Yes.