PDA

View Full Version : PackerRat Rankings Thru Wk 4

Fosco33
10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Here are the team rankings from last week... again - based solely on stats (yards/play, 3rd down %, TOP, TO margin, Pts and Pts allowed).

Pack only moved down slightly (from 11 to 12) despite a disappointing loss on the road. Face it - we are average at the quarter way through the season and the prospect of moving up isn't looking great. 9-7 would be a great 1st season for this young team.

This week the Pack will have a tough time with Atlanta (ranked 13th). Yes, ATL's wins were against subpar teams but with a weakened ARod, a non-existant Grant and a beat up defense - expect more of the same unless M3 lights a fire under their asses.

Bears 7th
Packers 12th
Vikings 18th
Lions 31st

http://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/974a06d31f.jpg (http://www.hostpic.biz)

DonHutson
10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I didn't see the previous threads on this. Is this your methodology, Fosco? I'm usually wary on this sort of stat based ranking system, but I can't argue a whole lot with your rankings vs. my non-scientific impressions of where teams are at.

So if that's your system, good work. You might be on to something.

RashanGary
10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I think he does a really good job too. He has a system.

Fosco33
10-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I've been using/tweaking this methodology for a few years now. I posted and used this for predictions the past few years but it takes a lot of time to get the finished product.

It also gets more accurate as the season goes along (peaking about week 14).

In case you guys wanted to see how close (on stats only) we matchup this weekend:

Packer Offense:

Y/P - 10th; 3rd % - 11th; Time of Possession - 27th; Points Scored - 8th

Falcon Offense:
Y/P -8th; 3rd % - 25th; Time of Possession - 24th; Points Scored - 16th

Packer Defense:

Y/P - 17th; 3rd % - 17th; Turnover Margin - 4th; Points Allowed - 23rd

Falcon Defense:
Y/P - 17th; 3rd % - 11th; Turnover Margin - 7th; Points Allowed - 14th

SnakeLH2006
10-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Always thought I was smart being a 3.88 in college, but I can't read/encode/try to read that marbled mess. ??? What?

Kinda as messed up as this (my buddy told of this today...) HAHAHAHHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsar-0DabW0

Tarlam!
10-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Always thought I was smart being a 3.88 in college, but I can't read/encode/try to read that marbled mess. ??? What?

For someone with an intelligence of a 3.88 GPA, you sure don't seem to post here using it.

Fos, I think you should show this system to someone at JSO. Even better, NFL.com. It really has a lot of merit as we've seen the past couple of years.

bobblehead
10-05-2008, 01:59 AM

For someone with an intelligence of a 3.88 GPA, you sure don't seem to post here using it.

Fos, I think you should show this system to someone at JSO. Even better, NFL.com. It really has a lot of merit as we've seen the past couple of years.

Or better yet, use it to email me winners against the spread as I live in vegas....ok, i'm being selfish, but I would like to see how it does.

Zool
10-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Well holy shit, the Lions moved up a spot simply by firing Millen.

Badgerinmaine
10-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Well holy shit, the Lions moved up a spot simply by firing Millen.
Just one spot? :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
10-05-2008, 07:04 AM
"Nonexistant Gant" Quit thinking so higly of this guy!!!!!

Nonexistant would not give the opponents touchdowns!!

Nonexistant won' not be harmful to the Packers!!

Nonexistant would be a zero. Grant is negative numbers.

Zero is greater than a negative.