PDA

View Full Version : Before you guys get started...

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
This loss really pissed me off, but you scum suckers better not even pin this loss on Rodgers. He had one bad play but other than that the dude played great with a bum shoulder.

This loss goes on defense. They can't stop the run right now, gave up too many big chunks of yardage and I did not see the killer instinct.

But the biggest thing why our D is getting us killed right now is NO PASS RUSH. Ryan had all day to throw. Did he even get hit? Jenkins out for the year hurts us so damn much that we are going to have to be forced to blitz to add pressure. Really, I thought our secondary played as well as someone could expect, but you can only do so much. There has to be a pass rush.

Anyways, I don't think it is the end of the world. There is still a ton of football to be played and I like the progress the offense showed us today. We get Seattle next week, lets hope we can get back to .500

RashanGary
10-05-2008, 03:18 PM
The defense is really bad.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:18 PM
:bs:

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
He had one bad play but other than that the dude played great with a bum shoulder.

Agreed. Typically Rodgers didn't end drives - holding penalties did.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM

This might be the most insightful thing you've ever posted.

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:21 PM
A-Rod was the epitome of toughness today. He played lights out.

Our defense is pathetic.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
There is still a ton of football to be played and I like the progress the offense showed us today.

Tramon Williams and Nick Collins look like good football players. I didn't see the first two series. Who played at the other safety today?

Pacopete4

Its just dumb that he creates a post to defend Arod... Arod is apart of the team that just lost 2 winable games that now put us behind the Bears in the division.... he didn't do his job well enough to get us to win, but neither did a lot of people... quit whining about arod, he played pretty well today in areas but did fuck up some too... oh well

Pacopete4
There is still a ton of football to be played and I like the progress the offense showed us today.

Tramon Williams and Nick Collins look like good football players. I didn't see the first two series. Who played at the other safety today?

Peprah I believe

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Its just dumb that he creates a post to defend Arod... Arod is apart of the team that just lost 2 winable games that now put us behind the Bears in the division.... he didn't do his job well enough to get us to win, but neither did a lot of people... quit whining about arod, he played pretty well today in areas but did fuck up some too... oh well

Your previous post was more insightful. Stick to emoticons little fella.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM

Your previous post was more insightful. Stick to emoticons little fella.

shhhhhhuuuuuuduuuuupppp!

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM

That's an idiotic statement. The only mistake A-Rod made was because he was trying to bail us out from another stupid penalty. Oh yeah, and he was hurt.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM

This might be the most insightful thing you've ever posted.Scott again Im begging ya, :trll:

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM

That's an idiotic statement. The only mistake A-Rod made was because he was trying to bail us out from another stupid penalty. Oh yeah, and he was hurt.

I don't get on him for throwing that ball.. would punting it away been a better idea? maybe... but at least he gutted up and tried to win a game.. he just fell short, hopefully its not a trend cuz thats two weeks in a row now

Pacopete4

This might be the most insightful thing you've ever posted.Scott again Im begging ya, :trll:

Where am I doing anything but discussing the game?... :?:

TheCheese

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Way to prove my point for me, thanks.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM

Where am I doing anything but discussing the game?... :?:Your first post in this thread is discussing the game?

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM

I think he's just a college kid - doesn't know any better.

gbgary
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
hey...the Pack is not that great. they overachieved last year. this year inexperience, injuries and penalties have killed them. play calling is much different. the slant is gone, donald driver isn't the force he was for whatever reason. it's a rebuilding year...not a "let's take the next step" type of year.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Where am I doing anything but discussing the game?... :?:Your first post in this thread is discussing the game?

so because I dont wanna hear it about Arod, I'm a troll? It just doesnt add up... he's lost 3 in a row.. thrown a pick when he had a chance to drive the field at the end of the game in the last 2 games.. and u guys on here wanna give him a free pass? If we're talking Favre, u yuppies would be crying and bitching about what he shoulda done...

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 03:30 PM

I don't get on him for throwing that ball.. would punting it away been a better idea? maybe... but at least he gutted up and tried to win a game.. he just fell short, hopefully its not a trend cuz thats two weeks in a row now

This is so dumb, if he would have thrown it away right there you would have bitched at him because he wasn't making a play. You would have said something along the lines "Favre would have taken a chance there and tried to make a play", even if he got a pick like Rodgers did, you would have excused it, because at least hes "doing something."

The dude can't win with some of you people.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:30 PM
hey...the Pack is not that great. they overachieved last year. this year inexperience, injuries and penalties have killed them. play calling is much different. the slant is gone, donald driver isn't the force he was for whatever reason. it's a rebuilding year...not a "let's take the next step" type of year.

he looked pretty damn good today.. we might wanna get him the ball more? sure worked for another man I used to know

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:31 PM

I thought Donald got most of his mojo back today.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:32 PM

This is so dumb, if he would have thrown it away right there you would have bitched at him because he wasn't making a play. You would have said something along the lines "Favre would have taken a chance there and tried to make a play", even if he got a pick like Rodgers did, you would have excused it, because at least hes "doing something."

can u not read?

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM

so because I dont wanna hear it about Arod, I'm a troll? It just doesnt add up... he's lost 3 in a row.. thrown a pick when he had a chance to drive the field at the end of the game in the last 2 games.. and u guys on here wanna give him a free pass? If we're talking Favre, u yuppies would be crying and bitching about what he shoulda done...

So every loss gets pinned on Rodgers right? Remember that because with your logic, every win we get will be ONLY because of Rodgers. You joke.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
:trll:

Iron Mike
10-05-2008, 03:35 PM

What......the Bear fans have shown up already to crow???

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:35 PM

So every loss gets pinned on Rodgers right? Remember that because with your logic, every win we get will be ONLY because of Rodgers. You joke.

every loss was pinned on Brett... why doesn't Rodgers play by the same rules?

does he get some free pass because u WANT to love him?

I'll say it again, I'm not down on his play at all... I thought he played well.. could he done better? absolutely.. but his bad plays were definetly not as bad as some of the other shit out there today

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:36 PM

my boy Orton is lookin gooooooood

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:38 PM

My boy A-Rod is lookin better...

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 03:38 PM

can u not read?

With Favre you wouldn't of even been questioning punting it away right there, you would have excused it completely. Favre isn't here anymore, fucking learn that. I hope he does great in NY but I'm going to support whoever GB has at QB because I'm a GB fan.

And I am not defending that pick Rodgers threw, merely showing the difference that Favre would have been excused by it by people like Paco because he was just being a gunslinger, doing whatever he can to win the game.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:39 PM

how bout my actually boy... Brett? how's he doing this season? I think he has 3 more td's with one less game played than ur boy hahaha

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:39 PM
The troll is screwing up your thread.

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:40 PM

how bout my actually boy... Brett? how's he doing this season? I think he has 3 more td's with one less game played than ur boy hahaha

He won't be around but for one more year. Hopefully he wins the SuperBowl this year. That's what he came back for right?? :roll:

Pacopete4

can u not read?

With Favre you wouldn't of even been questioning punting it away right there, you would have excused it completely. Favre isn't here anymore, fucking learn that. I hope he does great in NY but I'm going to support whoever GB has at QB because I'm a GB fan.

And I am not defending that pick Rodgers threw, merely showing the difference that Favre would have been excused by it by people like Paco because he was just being a gunslinger, doing whatever he can to win the game.

the only thing thats dumb is.... well anyways, maybe u still cant read... where did I not defend Rodgers there?

TheCheese

I'll say it again, I'm not down on his play at all... I thought he played well.. could he done better? absolutely.. but his bad plays were definetly not as bad as some of the other shit out there today

What the fuck are you talking about every loss was pinned on Favre? That is total bull shit.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM

He won't be around but for one more year. Hopefully he wins the SuperBowl this year. That's what he came back for right?? :roll:

how many years in a row have u heard that he'll just be back for one year?... i wont hold my breath

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM

What the fuck are you talking about every loss was pinned on Favre? That is total bull shit.

so ur telling me, had Favre thrown a pick that cost the Packers the game.. there wouldn't be people bitching about how Favre lost the game for the Packers? ur kiddin urself i think

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:43 PM
:trll: :jack:

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 03:43 PM

can u not read?

the only thing thats dumb is.... well anyways, maybe u still cant read... where did I not defend Rodgers there?

Can you not read? Flying fuck you are a dumb ass, I need to learn to ignore your posts from now on.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 03:45 PM

What......the Bear fans have shown up already to crow???Pete = troll. He is a Favre fan who still won't let go the fact that his idol Brett is gone. If he doesn't take a shot a Rodgers, that is most likely because a reference to Favre is in the post.

Rodgers played well for the most part today and now the irrational Favre fans can shut up about Rodgers not being tough.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM

What......the Bear fans have shown up already to crow???Pete = troll. He is a Favre fan who still won't let go the fact that his idol Brett is gone. If he doesn't take a shot a Rodgers, that is most likely because a reference to Favre is in the post.

Rodgers played well for the most part today and now the irrational Favre fans can shut up about Rodgers not being tough.

but I wont shut up about his 2-3 record with a loss to Atlanta at home... with a rookie QB at the helm

cpk1994
:trll: You are really lowering yourself when you steal my matieral. :lol:

pbmax
This team is suffering from just good enough disease. Just good enough to lose in an interesting manner.

Rodgers pick didn't help. Kampman has disappeared. Barnett is tackling worse than ever. Our pass blocking has not gotten better, perhaps worse. Tough to tell with a different QB. He ran/bailed into another sack today.

Our D line cannot close holes and does not stop the runner with one tackler. And with Blackmon and Lee on the field a significant amount, we can count on penalties converting third down for the opposition.

Too many penalties on the O Line again and while the drops were better, we still have too many.

This is the problem of youth, you make this many mistakes, you better be WAY better than the opponent. And we aren't. Injuries aren't helping, but much of this was visible at the end of last year too.

The Gunshooter
10-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Damn right he fucked up. That pick on 3rd and 19 was down right stupid.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:48 PM
This team is suffering from just good enough disease. Just good enough to lose in an interesting manner.

Rodgers pick didn't help. Kampman has disappeared. Barnett is tackling worse than ever. Our pass blocking has not gotten better, perhaps worse. Tough to tell with a different QB. He ran/bailed into another sack today.

Our D line cannot close holes and does not stop the runner with one tackler. And with Blackmon and Lee on the field a significant amount, we can count on penalties converting third down for the opposition.

Too many penalties on the O Line again and while the drops were better, we still have too many.

This is the problem of youth, you make this many mistakes, you better be WAY better than the opponent. And we aren't. Injuries aren't helping, but much of this was visible at the end of last year too.

dont speak about Arod that way..

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 03:53 PM

It's like the whole team is just playing kind of a half assed effort.

Something I wanted to point out though is when Colledge came in with Clifton out, Abraham didn't do shit. I was very impressed.

I don't know what is the matter with Clifton but he is having a lot of trouble against speed rushing ends this year. Against strength ends like Jared Allen he is still top notch. I hope hes not losing a step but at least Colledge looked good at tackle.

pbmax
On the plus side; Grant is healthy again and the run game has picked up. With the arm injury, M3 and ARodg found the TEs.

I am mostly amazed the secondary has held up this well. Pat Lee had a real nice play to strip a catch. And while Blackmon and Lee and penalties waiting to happen, it looks like they are improving slowly. One problem is communication, they looked like they blew three coverages that I saw.

Poppinga, Chillar and Hawk are playing alright.

Just good enough to make the mistakes painful and let them lead to a loss.

gbgary

the int off ryan was a potential game saver and the rodgers int was game a killer. they kept fighting though and that's a very good sign. it's gonna be a bumpy ride for a while.

pbmax
10-05-2008, 03:55 PM

It's like the whole team is just playing kind of a half assed effort.

Something I wanted to point out though is when Colledge came in with Clifton out, Abraham didn't do shit. I was very impressed.

I don't know what is the matter with Clifton but he is having a lot of trouble against speed rushing ends this year. Against strength ends like Jared Allen he is still top notch. I hope hes not losing a step but at least Colledge looked good at tackle.
Abraham went right by Colledge on the failed screen that led to a Intentional Grounding.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM

the int off ryan was a potential game saver and the rodgers int was game a killer. they kept fighting though and that's a very good sign. it's gonna be a bumpy ride for a while.

at the time I thought Tramons INT was a season saver... now, I just don't know

pbmax
10-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I wonder how hurt Clifton's hammy is versus how tired McCarthy is of his half efforts.

On one run block, if he had stayed engaged the back is to the second level. And he simply isn't moving his feet in pass blocking.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I wonder how hurt Clifton's hammy is versus how tired McCarthy is of his half efforts.

On one run block, if he had stayed engaged the back is to the second level. And he simply isn't moving his feet in pass blocking.

Clifton and Tausch block for one man, and one man only....

jk.. I think they are just showing age

another position I'm sure TT will address with some no namer FA or a 6-7th round pick that he loads up on

Iron Mike
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM

If M3 were to bench players for half efforts, we wouldn't be able to field a football team. :cry:

pbmax
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
at the time I thought Tramons INT was a season saver... now, I just don't know
He makes good decisions, to the point where he can hold the ball way too long. On the INT, he was clearly trying to get a first down and keep the ball. The problem with that is the risk. As we have all seen before.

That pass might have been 50/50 for me. I would love to avoid the INT, but the D had started to fade again, even with the TOP advantage in the second half.

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 04:01 PM

If M3 were to bench players for half efforts, we wouldn't be able to field a football team. :cry:

That's for sure.

RashanGary
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM

Clifton is a big part of the run problem. He doesn't play very well moving forward. He gets out of position and off balance. Rather than drive blocking he's lungeing or holding.

I thought Colledge did a better job run blocking. Cliftons days do seem to be numbered. He's a hell of a pass blocker, but this team is going to have to start running the ball or they are doomed. Wells and Clifton both have to be replaced if we are going to move the ball on the ground with any type of consistency. It's a problem that is not going to go away this season because we do not have the personell to fix it. Sitton is promising, but he's a rookie. I don't like his odds just yet.

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Speaking of our O line did anybody pay any attention to how Wells did?

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:21 PM

he snapped the ball over our injured QB's head.... that was not a positive...

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
If Clifton thinks he getting re-signed he's smoking the good stuff.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:23 PM

kinda rough on a guy thats busted his ass for the Pack for a long time.. even came back after a real serious injury and has established himself as one of the best LT in the game.... some people when they get old, they slow down... it happens

falco
10-05-2008, 04:24 PM

kinda rough on a guy thats busted his ass for the Pack for a long time.. even came back after a real serious injury and has established himself as one of the best LT in the game.... some people when they get old, they slow down... it happens

right...lets give a contract based on his performance last year, not this year...that's how one should run a team :lol:

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 04:25 PM

right...lets give a contract based on his performance last year, not this year...that's how one should run a team :lol:

Exactly. It's a business, not a friendship.

Farley Face
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes. Not well IMO. Grady was manhandling him the few plays I focused on Wells. I love his effort but his lack of bulk is a reality that isn't going to change.

cpk1994

right...lets give a contract based on his performance last year, not this year...that's how one should run a team :lol:There is a Mike Sherman joke to be made in here somewhere....

falco

right...lets give a contract based on his performance last year, not this year...that's how one should run a team :lol:There is a Mike Sherman joke to be made in here somewhere....

maybe paco is mike sherman.... that would explain a lot actually

Pacopete4

Exactly. It's a business, not a friendship.

I didn't say give him a contract but McCarrol was kinda a dick about a guy getting old after he's busted his hump for the packers... i just don't see why

I'm sure Clifton realizes his days are numbered and doesnt have a lot in the tank

falco
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM
... but McCarrol was kinda a dick ... i just don't see why

...many people wonder the same thing about you

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:29 PM
... but McCarrol was kinda a dick ... i just don't see why

...many people wonder the same thing about you :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheCheese
10-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes. Not well IMO. Grady was manhandling him the few plays I focused on Wells. I love his effort but his lack of bulk is a reality that isn't going to change.

I wish we would have kept Spitz at center. He may not be as refined but he can at least drive a pile better than wells can.

FritzDontBlitz
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game but JSO is reporting that A-Rod was in obvious pain as the game wore on. I hope this gambit isn't making the shoulder even worse.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game but JSO is reporting that A-Rod was in obvious pain as the game wore on. I hope this gambit isn't making the shoulder even worse.

I think its something that doesn't really get much worse but takes time to heal... problem is, there just isnt any time to get it healed.. he'l have it the rest of the season most likely

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game but JSO is reporting that A-Rod was in obvious pain as the game wore on. I hope this gambit isn't making the shoulder even worse.Its a strained shoulder. Those things don't heal right away so of couse he is going to be in obvious pian. Thanks for the obvious observation, JSO.

Rastak
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

He seemed to hurt it after a throw, he wasn't hit. He spent the rest of the game either rubbing it or letting it hang. It didn't seem to bother his performance though.

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
whats happend to this squad? after last year ther was so much promise...young, talented, and SEEMINGLY hungry. whats changed since last year?

NO WAY we should lose to this team after the potential we showed by HOSTING nfccg for cryn out loud. maybe losing to NY stole our heart. i mean, look at them? we were fairly even teams but look at the run theyve go on and look at our plight

to me mcarthy's not a great coach, slightly above sherman...

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
whats happend to this squad? after last year ther was so much promise...young, talented, and SEEMINGLY hungry. whats changed since last year?

NO WAY we should lose to this team after the potential we showed by HOSTING nfccg for cryn out loud. maybe losing to NY stole our heart. i mean, look at them? we were fairly even teams but look at the run theyve go on and look at our plight

to me mcarthy's not a great coach, slightly above sherman...Injuries along the lines. Can't get any consistency there. THe running game is struggling becuase of the OL struggles while Grants nagging injury and small holdout didn't help matters. Breaking in a new QB. McCarthy has gotten away from what got him to the dance last year i.e. slants. Just to name a few.