PDA

View Full Version : Post game chat with Cleft Crusty (Atlanta)

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Folks,

Well the Packers lost at home to a team that many thought would be the worst in the NFL. The Packers are a poor team at this point. Clefty will answer any questions you may have, if you still even care. Looking at the number of people logged on after the game, it's likely most people have moved on to planning their ice fishing trips, like back in the good old days when Alan Autry QBed the Packers. Should be a juicy discussion if any fans remain.

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
A-Rod is a stud. I'm officially in love with him,

Our D on the other hand...

BTW, the Falcons are not the worst team in the NFL. Who cares what people think they would be? They thought the Bears would be bad too. Don't add fuel to the fire.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM

BTW, the Falcons are not the worst team in the NFL. Who cares what people think they would be? They thought the Bears would be bad too. Don't add fuel to the fire.

Where is ur question? :?:

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Do you think from today's game, that Ryan Grant is back up to speed?

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Didn't the Falcons tag Abraham? WTF are they waiting for? Just pay the guy.

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM

My bad. Am I officially in love with A-Rod??

Iron Mike
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Alright, I'll play.

Cleft, what can be done to shore up this team??

My thought is that we'd be a good team with decent line play. But the OL and DL just seem to ratchet up the suckage week after week.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Cleft, did you get to watch much of Barber today? How'd he do?

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Is Kyle Orton going to make the pro bowl?

BENZITO
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Do we have to hold on every other offensive play??

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
You're falling behind on these questions boss.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Do you think from today's game, that Ryan Grant is back up to speed?

Sure Grant ran fairly well, but not so much when it counted. And the run blocking was spotty at best. Too many breakdowns, too inconsistent. And a very slow start.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Didn't the Falcons tag Abraham? WTF are they waiting for? Just pay the guy.

There were a few plays where it seemed as though there was no offensive lineman actually set up to block, didn't it? But on the other hand, he was up and down on run blocking.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Do we have to hold on every other offensive play??

I'm inclined to answer yes. Clifton was hurt, but even before that, there were precious few good, sustained blocks. Tauscher, though, had a good game. It's hard to believe that the blocking can be so bad that there is holding on a bang-bang play where the ball is passed in less than a second, but Barbre managed to do that.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Alright, I'll play.

My thought is that we'd be a good team with decent line play. But the OL and DL just seem to ratchet up the suckage week after week.

Actually, a lot of problems are due to breakdowns - guys slipping, guys not continuing on coverage, mix-ups in spacing an gap assignment. An optimist would hope that the injuries are causing that on defense, but a realist would see Barnett, Hawk, and others making the same errors. Rodgers too, despite the numbers, left a lot on the field. He missed Lee in the corner of the endzone and hiis two TDs were both thrown into tight double coverage. The day could have been much worse.

Run the ball and stop the run. Start with that, and Packers might end up 8-8.

red
10-05-2008, 03:44 PM
how safe is tt's job?

what if we go something like 6-12?

is M3 and his staff safe?

Cleft Crusty

Sorry, with my arthritis flaring up, I'm only typing about 9 words per minute. And now that the Celebrex and codeine is kicking in, I'm getting double vision, and it's hard to see the screen or determine which keys are really there.

Pacopete4
how safe is tt's job?

man.. if we play 18 games this season and only win 6... whats that say about our division! :lol:

Iron Mike
10-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Alright, I'll play.

Actually, a lot of problems are due to breakdowns - guys slipping, guys not continuing on coverage, mix-ups in spacing an gap assignment. An optimist would hope that the injuries are causing that on defense, but a realist would see Barnett, Hawk, and others making the same errors. Rodgers too, despite the numbers, left a lot on the field. He missed Lee in the corner of the endzone and hiis two TDs were both thrown into tight double coverage. The day could have been much worse.

Run the ball and stop the run. Start with that, and Packers might end up 8-8.

According to M3 in his post-game press conference, it's because the coaching staff does not demand enough of the team. "Our house is sloppy right now."

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Sorry, with my arthritis flaring up, I'm only typing about 9 words per minute. And now that the Celebrex and codeine is kicking in, I'm getting double vision, and it's hard to see the screen or determine which keys are really there.

It's all good. :D

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
how safe is tt's job?

everyone is safe for several years. Management was on board with letting Favre go and possibly suffering through some down years. You will have Thompson as your GM and McCarthy as your Head Coach for at least 3 years after this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense changes, though. The Packers can't tolerate having one of the five worst defenses in the NFL.

Kyle.McCarroll
10-05-2008, 03:48 PM
how safe is tt's job?

everyone is safe for several years. Management was on board with letting Favre go and possibly suffering through some down years. You will have Thompson as your GM and McCarthy as your Head Coach for at least 3 years after this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense changes, though. The Packers can't tolerate having one of the five worst defenses in the NFL.

So your saying Sanders is done?

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM

My bad. Am I officially in love with A-Rod??

I can't tell that. What kind of question is that to ask a serious, objective, semi-retired beat reporter? Plus, if I use the word faggot in this chat, the JS will make me attend a sensitivity seminar. I'd much rather sit through a 4 hour Bart Starr press conference following a 61-7 loss to the Bears.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:53 PM
how safe is tt's job?

So your saying Sanders is done?

Not yet, but if I were him, I wouldn't put in that new automatic lawn sprinkler system for next summer.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Cleft, did you get to watch much of Barber today? How'd he do?

You mean Barbre? He held on a pass play in less than a second and missed a bunch of backside cut off blocks. But I'll have to review to give an honest assessment of the blocking. The team was up and down, so he may have blocked well on a down or two.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
What did u think of Crosby's kick?

motife
10-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Packers need to give Al Harris help against Plaxico Burress. Yeah, you know what I mean. Same difference.

I LMAO when I read this from 1st half blog on today's game.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2008, 05:30 PM
What did u think of Crosby's kick?

His 50 yarder would have ben good from 60. His kickoffs were solid and deep, with a touchback an another that should have been a touchback.

red
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
did frost just blow his last chance with this team? and where do we turn to now to find a punter?

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
did frost just blow his last chance with this team? and where do we turn to now to find a punter?

lets just not punt anymore..

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
did frost just blow his last chance with this team? and where do we turn to now to find a punter?This is sweet karma biting TT in the ass. I said they never should have released Ryan. Sometimes TT has to learn the lesson the hard way.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
did frost just blow his last chance with this team? and where do we turn to now to find a punter?This is sweet karma biting TT in the ass. I said they never should have released Ryan. Sometimes TT has to learn the lesson the hard way.

TT blows... did u see all that depth he's acquired for us out there today?

Zool
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Pete....enough.