PDA

View Full Version : Official "The Sky is NOT Falling" Thread

BallHawk
10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
The last two losses have come from lack of execution. Last week we threw the game away late a large part of that due to Rodgers being hurt.

This week is a game we definitely should of won. Missed tackles all around, the first bonehead INT of Rodgers' career, and way too many penalties. A stupid holding penalty on a 40 yard field goal ended up losing the game for us.

We have the talent to win. Our offensive playmakers are still there. Rodgers played great and did all he could to get us the win. 300 yards and 3 TDs is a great performance, especially when he's hurt.

The coaches need to get this team together and get them in shape mentally. They are playing like losers and they are playing below their talent level, mainly the defense. It hurts like hell that Cullen and Al are out, but they shouldn't be playing like this.

We're still in the NFC North and nobody has risen to dominance in our division. I still think we can and will win the division, but it all starts with getting this team back on track.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:30 PM
The last two losses have come from lack of execution. Last week we threw the game away late a large part of that due to Rodgers being hurt.

This week is a game we definitely should of won. Missed tackles all around, the first bonehead INT of Rodgers' career, and way too many penalties. A stupid holding penalty on a 40 yard field goal ended up losing the game for us.

We have the talent to win. Our offensive playmakers are still there. Rodgers played great and did all he could to get us the win. 300 yards and 3 TDs is a great performance, especially when he's hurt.

The coaches need to get this team together and get them in shape mentally. They are playing like losers and they are playing below their talent level, mainly the defense. It hurts like hell that Cullen and Al are out, but they shouldn't be playing like this.

We're still in the NFC North and nobody has risen to dominance in our division. I still think we can and will win the division, but it all starts with getting this team back on track.

The bears are getting pretty close to establishing themselvs in our division as the best... they've put a whooopin on Det, we didnt... and they took down the colts and beat the mighty eagles...

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM

The bears are getting pretty close to establishing themselvs in our division as the best... they've put a whooopin on Det, we didnt... and they took down the colts and beat the mighty eagles...I could have sworn the Packers beat the lions by over 20 and dominated for almost 3 quarters. But comparing two teams using a third is assinine anyway.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM

The bears are getting pretty close to establishing themselvs in our division as the best... they've put a whooopin on Det, we didnt... and they took down the colts and beat the mighty eagles...I could have sworn the Packers beat the lions by over 20 and dominated for almost 3 quarters. But comparing two teams using a third is assinine anyway.

they beat them scoring 31 unanswered points.. to me thats a whooping.. we let them in the game and had to play 4 qrts... the bears didnt...

the bears are def better than us right now and on their way to establishing themselves as the class of the nfc north... if there is any class

oregonpackfan
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I agree there is still time to salvage the season.

Remember that the Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. Young teams make mistakes, like holding penalties. The TV coverage pointed out that the Packers lead the league in holding penalties. There is time to correct that.

I also believe there is time to improve the offensive line run and pass blocking. We saw the run blocking improve where Grant was able to make longer runs from scrimmage.

Today's game demonstrated the Packers not only have a talented, young quarterback in Aaron Rodgers but a very tough one at that. The way he performed with a sore throwing shoulder was inspiring.

With improvement, I still believe the Packers are capable of going 10-6.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM

they beat them scoring 31 unanswered points.. to me thats a whooping.. we let them in the game and had to play 4 qrts... the bears didnt...

the bears are def better than us right now and on their way to establishing themselves as the class of the nfc north... if there is any classThe Packers scored 24 unanswered against the Lions. Again your argument is weak and comparing the two team by seeing how they played againt the Lions is assinine. They haven't established anything until they beat the Packers head to head.

BallHawk
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh, did I mention we play Seattle next week?

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM

the bears are def better than us right now and on their way to establishing themselves as the class of the nfc north... if there is any classThe Packers scored 24 unanswered against the Lions. Again your argument is weak and comparing the two team by seeing how they played againt the Lions is assinine. They haven't established anything until they beat the Packers head to head.

Weak? They beat the Eagles and Colts.... enough said right there

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Weak? They beat the Eagles and Colts.... enough said right thereThose teams are not as good as previous years. THe eagles just loast to the Skins and are in dead last. THe Colts are a .500 team. Again your argument is weak.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM

Weak? They beat the Eagles and Colts.... enough said right thereThose teams are not as good as previous years. THe eagles just loast to the Skins and are in dead last. THe Colts are a .500 team. Again your argument is weak.

Well when we get beat by the Colts in a couple weeks I'll make sure to point that out to u..

and getting beat by the skins, who beat dallas... who fucking crushed us?.... ooooooooooookaaaaay

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
the transitive property doesn't work in sports. Only idiots use that to bolster their arguments.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:53 PM
the transitive property doesn't work in sports. Only idiots use that to bolster their arguments.Then that explains why Pete is the one making that argument. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2008, 04:55 PM

Well when we get beat by the Colts in a couple weeks I'll make sure to point that out to u..

and getting beat by the skins, who beat dallas... who fucking crushed us?.... ooooooooooookaaaaay

hmmmm...

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
the transitive property doesn't work in sports. Only idiots use that to bolster their arguments.Then that explains why Pete is the one making that argument. :lol:

when the Bears work us twice this season I'll remember u while they are doing it.. k pumpkin?

GrnBay007
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
They haven't established anything until they beat the Packers head to head.

This Packer team is not as good as last year. The Bears seemed to have improved and beat us 2x last year. But then again you never know, that's why they play the games.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 05:00 PM

This Packer team is not as good as last year. The Bears seemed to have improved and beat us 2x last year. But then again you never know, that's why they play the games.

I agree.. but I have a feeling they are gonna smash us in the mouth over and over again and we'll probably see a few guys on our team come out with injuries because they are pansy's... this packer team is just not good, thanks TT

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 05:00 PM

This Packer team is not as good as last year. The Bears seemed to have improved and beat us 2x last year. But then again you never know, that's why they play the games.That is exactly my point. The Packers are the team to beat until someone knocks them off thier throne.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 05:02 PM

This Packer team is not as good as last year. The Bears seemed to have improved and beat us 2x last year. But then again you never know, that's why they play the games.That is exactly my point. The Packers are the team to beat until someone knocks them off thier throne.

Who's your favorite to win the SB this year?

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM

Who's your favorite to win the SB this year?Dallas. I was talking about the NFC North in responding to 007. Nice try troll. You fail.

BallHawk
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM

hmmmm...

Nice post. Thanks for the insight.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/JoshOMS8/faggot.gif

Iron Mike
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
You fail.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/timmyab1/Epic_fail_guy.gif

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Who's your favorite to win the SB this year?Dallas. I was talking about the NFC North in responding to 007. Nice try troll. You fail.

but shouldn't the Giants be ur favorite? I mean... until someone knocks them off..... right?... douche bag

BallHawk
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
You fail.
http://www.efggroup.com/InVision/images/000001_EFGgroup_lo.gif

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM

hmmmm...

Nice post. Thanks for the insight.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/JoshOMS8/faggot.gifI think faggot was a little harsh. :lol:

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM

but shouldn't the Giants be ur favorite? I mean... until someone knocks them off..... right?... douche bagAhh yes. As the argument gets weaker, the troll decides to name call. Its a sad case really.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:31 PM

but shouldn't the Giants be ur favorite? I mean... until someone knocks them off..... right?... douche bagAhh yes. As the argument gets weaker, the troll decides to name call. Its a sad case really.

weaker? I'm just quoting u on all ur bullshit... ur pick should be the Giants, not the Cowboys... they havent been knocked off yet, have they?

Zool
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
You know whats more entertaining than having to sift through the countless threads where you 2 have your lovers spat?

Everything.

This is a request for the both of you to STFU. Please.

BallHawk
10-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I would rather watch Jeff Suppan pitch than read you two dudes' posts.

Yeah. That's how bad it is.

Zool
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Well ok, watching Soup pitch in the playoffs is actually worse, but not by much.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Suppan really let me down today.. I thought for sure that guy would clutch up like he was paid to do.. damn him, sorry for the tiny rant in the packer forum just a bad day/weekend with my teams

BallHawk
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Well ok, watching Soup pitch in the playoffs is actually worse, but not by much.

I'd call it even. Maybe watching Suppan pitch to Pat Burrell would be worse.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM

I'd call it even. Maybe watching Suppan pitch to Pat Burrell would be worse.

its like he was pitching BP to those guys...

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM

I'd call it even. Maybe watching Suppan pitch to Pat Burrell would be worse.WIth the Brewers batting .113 for the series, did it really matter how well Suppan pitched?

Harlan Huckleby
10-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I hate to say it, but I think the guy who is going to have to hold the sky up is Justin Harrell.

They really, really need him to come back and play at a starter level to recharge that defense.

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
The bears are getting pretty close to establishing themselvs in our division as the best... they've put a whooopin on Det, we didnt... and they took down the colts and beat the mighty eagles...I could have sworn the Packers beat the lions by over 20 and dominated for almost 3 quarters. But comparing two teams using a third is assinine anyway.[/quote]

Dominated? They dominated for a half. Got up 24 - 0. Then the offense stopped getting first downs and controlling the clock, forcing the defense on the field for most of the second half sucking wind. Next thing you know, we're down 26-24. Give me a break dude. The offense put on a very poor showing that day. I for one am getting tired of McCarthy's refusal to finish the job when the sword is to the proverbial throat of our opposition.

oregonpackfan
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I hate to say it, but I think the guy who is going to have to hold the sky up is Justin Harrell.

They really, really need him to come back and play at a starter level to recharge that defense.

He also needs to prove he was worth a #1 draft pick.

RashanGary
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM

http://www.werescrewed08.com/images/ws08b.jpg

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
the transitive property doesn't work in sports. Only idiots use that to bolster their arguments.

Why? As someone who has taken countless logic classes I am of the belief that it certainly has some validity in proving that an argument is complete and it is a very useful tool.

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Team to beat? They aren't even going to make the playoffs. They can't hold a candle to:

Giants
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Saints
Bears
Cardinals

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM

Dominated? They dominated for a half. Got up 24 - 0. Then the offense stopped getting first downs and controlling the clock, forcing the defense on the field for most of the second half sucking wind. Next thing you know, we're down 26-24. Give me a break dude. The offense put on a very poor showing that day. I for one am getting tired of McCarthy's refusal to finish the job when the sword is to the proverbial throat of our opposition.[/quote]

Poor showing that day my ass. Yes they got down 26-24 but A Rod went right back out and stepped on the gas got them a FG and a TD before the D put it away. That was not a poor showing. That is just ignorant :bs2:

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Dominated? They dominated for a half. Got up 24 - 0. Then the offense stopped getting first downs and controlling the clock, forcing the defense on the field for most of the second half sucking wind. Next thing you know, we're down 26-24. Give me a break dude. The offense put on a very poor showing that day. I for one am getting tired of McCarthy's refusal to finish the job when the sword is to the proverbial throat of our opposition.

Poor showing that day my ass. Yes they got down 26-24 but A Rod went right back out and stepped on the gas got them a FG and a TD before the D put it away. That was not a poor showing. That is just ignorant :bs2:[/quote]

How can you even argue that? So not moving the ball at all in the second half is acceptable? We're not going to be so lucky week in and week out. We will be a 3-13 team if we continue to play well for half a game.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
As someone who has taken countless logic classes........

So were they different classes, or the same one over and over again?

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM

Many, many logic classes.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
This team is in a lot of trouble. I thought Jenkins might have been their best defensive player. That loss is huge, especially because he was so versatile. Bigby out. Harris out. Rouse out. Too many outies, and not enough innies.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
This team is in a lot of trouble. I thought Jenkins might have been their best defensive player. That loss is huge, especially because he was so versatile. Bigby out. Harris out. Rouse out. Too many outies, and not enough innies.

:trll:

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:49 PM

Agreed. It also looks like all the injuries over the years have caught up with the tackles. The team doesn't look nearly as talented. I suspect in two years they'll be very, very good again.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2008, 08:52 PM

:D Did you have fun at the poster's game?

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I tend to agree with the general sentiment of this thread--the original post and most of the follow-ups.

This season, however, is starting to remind me a little bit of the 4-12 a few years ago when expectations were so high and injuries screwed up everything. It's defense instead of offense this year, but otherwise, disgustingly similar up to now.

I think we will snap out of it. Rodgers came through again today; Grant showed signs of life--which indicates a little bit of O Line improvement. We badly need at least one of Rouse and Bigby back. Tramon Williams is coming through, and when/if we get Harris back, we will be all the stronger there.

Assuming it's not a jinx or plague or something, and we keep on getting more D injuries, I think everything will be all right.

Harlan Huckleby
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM

SC asked you if A=B and you responded A > 1

even if you knew that A=C that would not imply that B=C

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
This team is in a lot of trouble. I thought Jenkins might have been their best defensive player. That loss is huge, especially because he was so versatile. Bigby out. Harris out. Rouse out. Too many outies, and not enough innies.Why are you talking about belly buttons? :lol: