PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Irony - AR escapes criticism due to injury.

packerbacker1234
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

Raise of hands - even if hurt, had Favre been our QB and threw that int, how many people would solely blaim this game on #4?

I am sure many, because that has been happening now for 8 seasons with him. Suddenly, because AR is hurt, he gets no blaim for the int? It was a crucial mistake in a big situation. Say what you will, everyone screwed up,a nd certaintly it should not come down to that int... but we all know if it was Favre instead it would be his head being blamed.

Just saying, AR has to own up mistakes too. It wasn't a overall bad game, but a crucial mistake cost us points. We lost by three. Seems to me those points were crucial.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Raise of hands - even if hurt, had Favre been our QB and threw that int, how many people would solely blaim this game on #4?

I am sure many, because that has been happening now for 8 seasons with him. Suddenly, because AR is hurt, he gets no blaim for the int? It was a crucial mistake in a big situation. Say what you will, everyone screwed up,a nd certaintly it should not come down to that int... but we all know if it was Favre instead it would be his head being blamed.

Just saying, AR has to own up mistakes too. It wasn't a overall bad game, but a crucial mistake cost us points. We lost by three. Seems to me those points were crucial.

let me tell ya.. I'd be the first to back ya up here cuz the whole situation stinks.. and ur right, there are tons on these boards who blamed everything on Brett when it was going bad and then sucked his dick when he was playing lights out... but the pick he threw was him trying his best to get us outta the gutter... he tried to fit a ball in on 3rd and long knowing our punter hits em about 30 yards and the time was runnin out in the game... i have no problem with it.. hindsight is always 20/20

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM

let me tell ya.. I'd be the first to back ya up here cuz the whole situation stinks.. and ur right, there are tons on these boards who blamed everything on Brett when it was going bad and then sucked his dick when he was playing lights out... but the pick he threw was him trying his best to get us outta the gutter... he tried to fit a ball in on 3rd and long knowing our punter hits em about 30 yards and the time was runnin out in the game... i have no problem with it.. hindsight is always 20/20You would know about sucking FAvre's dick. :lol:

I would not have blamed this on Brett. The INT? yes. The game no.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM

let me tell ya.. I'd be the first to back ya up here cuz the whole situation stinks.. and ur right, there are tons on these boards who blamed everything on Brett when it was going bad and then sucked his dick when he was playing lights out... but the pick he threw was him trying his best to get us outta the gutter... he tried to fit a ball in on 3rd and long knowing our punter hits em about 30 yards and the time was runnin out in the game... i have no problem with it.. hindsight is always 20/20You would know about sucking FAvre's dick. :lol:

:bs2:

packerbacker1234
10-05-2008, 05:01 PM

My thoughts exactly. Wasn't favre blamed solely for that loss to philly in the playoffs, even though he played a really solid game?

Same situation my friend. In terms of importance to the game when the int happened, that is.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM

My thoughts exactly. Wasn't favre blamed solely for that loss to philly in the playoffs, even though he played a really solid game?

Same situation my friend. In terms of importance to the game when the int happened, that is.I never blamed Favre solely for that loss. The only losses I have blamed Favre for was the 5 INT game against Cincinatti when Favre ruined a great defensive effort, and the 6 INT game against St. Louis. Other than that I blame Favre for his INts no the games.

packerbacker1234
10-05-2008, 05:09 PM

Same situation my friend. In terms of importance to the game when the int happened, that is.I never blamed Favre solely for that loss. The only losses I have blamed Favre for was the 5 INT game against Cincinatti when Favre ruined a great defensive effort, and the 6 INT game against St. Louis. Other than that I blame Favre for his INts no the games.

Then your one of the few reasonable people that realize that favre alone rarely can win a game, and he alone rarely is responsible for losing a game. Many other factors come into play.

Although, Favre's last game with the jets... i must say he layed down a good beatdown pretty much on his own. The run game stillw asn't working, the defense gave up 30+ points, and he just winged TD after TD.

Was insane. Still, those are very rare moments. I apologize then, but a lot of other people blame favre not just for the int, but for the game.

th87
10-05-2008, 05:18 PM

Then your one of the few reasonable people that realize that favre alone rarely can win a game, and he alone rarely is responsible for losing a game. Many other factors come into play.

Although, Favre's last game with the jets... i must say he layed down a good beatdown pretty much on his own. The run game stillw asn't working, the defense gave up 30+ points, and he just winged TD after TD.

Was insane. Still, those are very rare moments. I apologize then, but a lot of other people blame favre not just for the int, but for the game.

Different situations. Favre didn't need to take a risk like that, as it was 2nd down, they were tied, first possession of overtime, and the defense unable to stop the run.

Rodgers was faced with a 3rd and 20 because of a backbreaking penalty, with the Packers behind and needing a score.

Both were bad; Favre's was a lot worse. They aren't even comparable.

However, the correct parallel situation is when Favre threw the interception against Dallas in the 1995 NFC Championship. Circumstances were similar to this game, and I don't blame Favre for that one at all.

GBRulz
10-05-2008, 05:28 PM
INT's happen. Yeah, it was a dumb throw, but the play that he really messed up on was missing a freaken wide open Jennings and the ball easily 5 yds short. I don't know if the TV had as clear a view as we did overlooking the field, but it was bad. That would have easily been a TD had he thrown the ball better. I'm sure it was because of his shoulder, but hey...suck it up and deal.

pbmax
10-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Raise of hands - even if hurt, had Favre been our QB and threw that int, how many people would solely blaim this game on #4?.
No one would object to Favre throwing one INT in a game. It would have been the previous 1 that would have caused hearts to leap out of their chest.

Its never a good time for an INT, but in the last two drives of the game, 3rd down and forever? That is forgivable. Rodgers threw much worse in the Tampa Game.

pbmax
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
INT's happen. Yeah, it was a dumb throw, but the play that he really messed up on was missing a freaken wide open Jennings and the ball easily 5 yds short. I don't know if the TV had as clear a view as we did overlooking the field, but it was bad. That would have easily been a TD had he thrown the ball better. I'm sure it was because of his shoulder, but hey...suck it up and deal.
He did suck it up and deal. Given he was running away from that side of the field, might it not be that that was the best throw his shoulder was going to muster at that point of the game?

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM

Different situations. Favre didn't need to take a risk like that, as it was 2nd down, they were tied, first possession of overtime, and the defense unable to stop the run.

Rodgers was faced with a 3rd and 20 because of a backbreaking penalty, with the Packers behind and needing a score.

However, the correct parallel situation is when Favre threw the interception against Dallas in the 1995 NFC Championship. Circumstances were similar to this game, and I don't blame Favre for that one at all.

I wouldn't have blamed him

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM

I would have.

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:37 PM

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:37 PM
[quote:031cc7d159="packerbacker1234"]Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:[/quote:031cc7d159]

Liar!

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM
[quote:c426e828b8="Pacopete4"][quote:c426e828b8="packerbacker1234"]Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:[/quote:c426e828b8]

Liar![/quote:c426e828b8]

Sez you!

mraynrand
[quote:4cdf7f099d="cpk1994"][quote:4cdf7f099d="Pacopete4"][quote:4cdf7f099d="packerbacker1234"]Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:[/quote:4cdf7f099d]

Liar![/quote:4cdf7f099d]

Sez you![/quote:4cdf7f099d]

Sos your old man!

mraynrand
[quote:2c076b51f4="cpk1994"][quote:2c076b51f4="Pacopete4"][quote:2c076b51f4="packerbacker1234"]Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:[/quote:2c076b51f4]

Liar![/quote:2c076b51f4]

Sez you![/quote:2c076b51f4]

Piss off!

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
[quote:9b94c7b1c6="Pacopete4"][quote:9b94c7b1c6="cpk1994"][quote:9b94c7b1c6="Pacopete4"][quote:9b94c7b1c6="packerbacker1234"]Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:[/quote:9b94c7b1c6]

Liar![/quote:9b94c7b1c6]

Sez you![/quote:9b94c7b1c6]

Piss off![/quote:9b94c7b1c6]

You piss off!

mraynrand
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
[quote:05467ba123="packerbacker1234"][quote:05467ba123="Pacopete4"][quote:05467ba123="cpk1994"][quote:05467ba123="Pacopete4"][quote:05467ba123="packerbacker1234"]Yes, he played well. He also had a very boneheaded int.

I would have.

Riiiight. :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:[/quote:05467ba123]

Liar![/quote:05467ba123]

Sez you![/quote:05467ba123]

Piss off![/quote:05467ba123]

You piss off![/quote:05467ba123]

Bite me!

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Do you have split personality disorder? :lol:

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
:trll:

Zool
10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Hurray for slanted, one sided threads being started specifically to get the desired reaction. YAY!

I blame Rodgers for the INT and the Jenning pass. He played well though. I guess he has to be 35 for 35 to have a good game? Fucking stupid. Maybe if stupid fuck Finley doesnt hold on a God damned FG attempt, we are talking about a win.

That guy better not be active next week.

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Hurray for slanted, one sided threads being started specifically to get the desired reaction. YAY!

I blame Rodgers for the INT and the Jenning pass. He played well though. I guess he has to be 35 for 35 to have a good game? Fucking stupid. Maybe if stupid fuck Finley doesnt hold on a God damned FG attempt, we are talking about a win.

That guy better not be active next week.

Favre paid Finley to fuck it up so Rodgers looks bad... thats what the rumor is on pft.com

Zool
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Thats 2 awesome penalties on the moronic rookie in 3 weeks. Time to sit him down for a bit.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Thats 2 awesome penalties on the moronic rookie in 3 weeks. Time to sit him down for a bit.Im not sure you can with the depth problems.

Zool
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Thats 2 awesome penalties on the moronic rookie in 3 weeks. Time to sit him down for a bit.Im not sure you can with the depth problems.

I think we'll be fine with 5 healthy WR's and 2 healthy TE's.

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 07:03 PM

I think we'll be fine with 5 healthy WR's and 2 healthy TE's.I was thinking in terms of special teams. But on offense yes you are right.

PackerTimer
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM

What is your point? Yes, there would have been people who blamed the loss of Favre just like you and other some others appear to be blaiming Rodgers for the loss. People who would have blamed Favre were morons just like people who blame Rodgers are morons.

How is he escaping criticism? It was a bonehead play just like Favres interception against the Eagles were a bonehead play, but neither was responsible for the loss. People were critical of Rodgers for that pass but nor for his entire performance. Rodgers played an outstaning game and deserves a ton of credit. He also made a bad play.

gbgary
10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
without reading a single other post in this thread, :roll: , i'll say that i posted in another thread, that his int was a game killer. i also posted that he had a very gutsy performance and kept fighting. i'm really starting to like this guy. he showed me something today. i hope everyone noticed that he's got heart. he's not brett, no one ever will be, but what's done is done. time and more talent is what's needed to fix the Pack.

what did we really expect from the youngest, least experienced team in the league?

Pacopete4
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
without reading a single other post in this thread, :roll: , i'll say that i posted in another thread, that his int was a game killer. i also posted that he had a very gutsy performance and kept fighting. i'm really starting to like this guy. he showed me something today. i hope everyone noticed that he's got heart. he's not brett, no one ever will be, but what's done is done. time and more talent is what's needed to fix the Pack.

what did we really expect from the youngest, least experienced team in the league?

well since we got 13 wins last season and a trip to the NFC championship I think a lot of peoples hopes were high..

cpk1994
10-05-2008, 07:19 PM

what did we really expect from the youngest, least experienced team in the league?I problably expected a team that didn't commit so many dumnb penalties. If that was cut donw, they may have had a 4-1 record right now.

gbgary
10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
well since we got 13 wins last season and a trip to the NFC championship I think a lot of peoples hopes were high..

I problably expected a team that didn't commit so many dumnb penalties. If that was cut donw, they may have had a 4-1 record right now.

penalties, inconsistancy are what you get with youth and inexperience. add a bunch of injuries and you get an average team...below average at this point. this is a rebuilding year for the Pack whether the gm and coach admit it or not. offensively everything changed when Brett left. AR will have to make teams respect his arm, and savy, the way they did Brett. that will allow different passing plays to be called and the run will be better too as a result.

The Gunshooter
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Favre could really shit the bed but Rodgers is filling it up too.

PackerTimer
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Favre could really shit the bed but Rodgers is filling it up too.

oh God. really say something intelligent please.

ND72
10-05-2008, 09:57 PM
blah blah, fricken blah. Was it a poor decision to throw that ball? Sure. It's 1 play. You know why we lost to Atlanta? How about our defense make a fricken play in the 1st half? How about we try to make Matt Ryan look like a rookie? I mean seriously, I love Nick Collins, but the fact he's become our best DB is a bit scary to me right now. (when I say best, I mean most noticible). Our DL isn't doing jack shit, which puts more pressure on our LB's to make plays, and they aren't making many plays, which puts more pressure on our inexperienced DB's. All of that puts more pressure on our offense to perform. Aaron Rodgers played his ass off today, and you wanna point blame at him? I would have been pissed at Favre if it had been him, but if Favre played the way Rodgers did, then I would have thought of the INT as an after thought, trying to make a play. This is all a bunch of crap. The funnier part is, I thought our OL played better once Clifton was off the field.

Merlin
10-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree that there are those that would have blamed this game solely on Favre had he been the one to throw the INT. To sit here and argue (and you know who you are) that you wouldn't have is a joke and not even worth naming you by name. It was a poor decision, as was letting Rodgers play in the first place. He threw the ball better this game then he did the previous 2.5 games which is odd because his shoulder obviously hurt. Maybe that was the difference, he only had one really bad throw in the game besides the INT. Our defense didn't stop the run, which has been nothing unusual since we made "defense" our focus on this team.

My biggest problem in this game was the punting. Frost hasn't looked all that great this season and definitely stunk it up this game. I thought he was supposed to be so much better then Ryan? I guess I don't see it. It's time to bring in someone to compete this week and either light a fire under his ass or replace him. Oh wait, we couldn't do that, the season already started. I bet we "like who we have here".

We finally got the running game somewhat going but our offense commits too many penalties in key situations that cost us games. Whatever McCarthy did this week in practice, he needs to triple that this week and get some friggin discipline back into the offense. The defense is what it is until we get a real defensive coordinator and depth at ALL positions.

pbmax
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
blah blah, fricken blah. Was it a poor decision to throw that ball? Sure. It's 1 play. You know why we lost to Atlanta? How about our defense make a fricken play in the 1st half? How about we try to make Matt Ryan look like a rookie? I mean seriously, I love Nick Collins, but the fact he's become our best DB is a bit scary to me right now. (when I say best, I mean most noticible). Our DL isn't doing jack shit, which puts more pressure on our LB's to make plays, and they aren't making many plays, which puts more pressure on our inexperienced DB's. All of that puts more pressure on our offense to perform. Aaron Rodgers played his ass off today, and you wanna point blame at him? I would have been pissed at Favre if it had been him, but if Favre played the way Rodgers did, then I would have thought of the INT as an after thought, trying to make a play. This is all a bunch of crap. The funnier part is, I thought our OL played better once Clifton was off the field.
A and Men. Agreed about Cliffy too. He's either hurt or aging fast.

Zool
10-06-2008, 01:09 AM

I think we'll be fine with 5 healthy WR's and 2 healthy TE's.I was thinking in terms of special teams. But on offense yes you are right.

He's pretty much just hurting the team on ST. Sit him down.

channtheman
10-06-2008, 01:53 AM

let me tell ya.. I'd be the first to back ya up here cuz the whole situation stinks.. and ur right, there are tons on these boards who blamed everything on Brett when it was going bad and then sucked his dick when he was playing lights out... but the pick he threw was him trying his best to get us outta the gutter... he tried to fit a ball in on 3rd and long knowing our punter hits em about 30 yards and the time was runnin out in the game... i have no problem with it.. hindsight is always 20/20

I understand what Paco is saying on this one. In the situation we were in 3rd and long, NOT in field goal range, he has to try and make something happen. If he doesn't throw the int we punt and maybe our defense stops them and maybe they let Atlanta run all the time off the clock. Who knows. I do have a problem with our QB (whoever it may be) forcing things when we are in a scoring position. Favre did do this quite frequently and yes when he actually scored the TD's we loved him but when he didn't.... Rodgers has yet to force one in a situation like that where we are practically guaranteed 3 points if the kicker makes the field goal.